Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 11, 2017


Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 11, 2017

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:10 AM PST

This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

Resources:

Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

WP destroys mount adoption D:

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 10:43 AM PST

Could we please have queues for maps

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:49 PM PST

Im aware that this has been brought up more than enough times before, but since its still not in the game i felt i should bring it up again in hopes of someone on anet noticing it and maybe bringing it up in a meeting etc.

I was recently reminded of this being an issue when trying to get into a Serpents Ire map but being unable to due to there being 2 maps in lfg, while i was stuck on one with a comm doing bounties,

i sat there rightclicking clicking join, "map full" repeat, for about 20 minutes before the whole event was over.

This is incredibly frustrating to have to deal with since i could easily loose a spot to anyone else trying to join the map if i decide to take even a 10 second break from spamming join map.

submitted by /u/Limekim
[link] [comments]

I have to be honest, I actively avoid pugging t4 dailies with groups containing 3 or more guildies...

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 09:25 AM PST

It keeps happening. I do my t4 dailies with PuGs every day. I'm a Chrono, I know the tactics, I'm always courteous, I bring potions and food - and most days I can finish the t4 dailies and REC without a problem.

But often, too often to be a coincidence, guild groups kick me just before or during the last boss. If it happens before the boss, I assume it's to make room for a guildie or a friend. I can't fathom why they'd do it during.

I just more or less carried a guild group through the Nightmare fractal, and got kicked just before Ensolyss. No wipes. I didn't die or get downed a single time during (though they did, plenty). I made no negative comments. Nothing, in my mind, to justify being kicked.

It's at the point where I'm assuming that it's systematic; that every experience with pugging fractals with guilds will cause this issue. I really wish this was reportable, and punishable somehow.

I'm sorry if it comes of a whiny. I need to vent my frustration. I don't like having to essentially do my dailies twice because a group of friends decided to be asses for a laugh.

submitted by /u/K0nfuzion
[link] [comments]

Tyrian Fashion Magazine; Praise Joko Edition

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 03:09 PM PST

Vanilla ambient sounds are so immersive, they become scary.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 07:36 AM PST

Ran around on an alt. A norn woman, warrior at that. I enjoy her quite a bit.

I've been on my feet for some while actually, an hour or two without noticing how the time went by. Doing nothing but dynamic events, explorations, mini dungeons I discovered, jumping puzzles, caves and little nooks and crannies, doing battle with whatever dared to attack me.

My favourite kind of playing the game, and the one GW2 was specifically made for. Aimlessly roaming around.

After what felt like forever I finally managed to leave Sparkfly Fen behind me and enter Mount Maelstrom. Thinking nothing of it I battled undead that charged against a skritt skratch, joined other adventurous players in their battle against a champion spider, excelling at breaking its breakbar with my choice of weapons and utility skills.

Moving on, something snarled into my ear. It actually startled me, confirming the manufacturer's claim regarding the quality of their headphones, and I swivelled the camera a bit more frantically than I care to admit, only to discover...nothing.

It was an ambient sound.

The next minute I spent focusing on it, while running around, avoiding battle and everyhing.

Twittering, singing birds. Grunting ... animals. Deliberately close snarling, rustling that sounds farther away. The pace of my steps, the flutter of wings. Chirping.

GW2 is a great work of art, with immense creativity and outstanding craftsmanship in all regards. Music and graphics and animations alike.

But its ambient sounds might truly be the most underrated part of it. There is a detail hidden inside, so easily unnoticed, yet so integral to the overall experience, it's magical.

submitted by /u/Quick_FYI
[link] [comments]

Protip: Super Rare dyes get caught up in auto-salvages apparently

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:47 PM PST

My friend just salvaged 7 charred dyes. In a game where you have to type out the name of a halloween finisher to destroy it.

Can this please be fucking fixed.

submitted by /u/Pwadigy
[link] [comments]

Request For Ascended Cooking - Why is there no bacon?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:19 AM PST

This morning I was making the most important meal of the day, bacon and eggs. It occured to me that GW2 currently does NOT support the most important meal of the day. I believe ascended cooking can resolve this issue.

Items to add: Bacon (with various flavor additions) Omnomnomlets (omelets) Pancakes French Toast Sausage Links Biscuits and gravy Donuts

And other essentials to surviving the day since we finally added ONE mix of coffee!

submitted by /u/weiown
[link] [comments]

My lesson learned about SMS authentication. I don't want to happen to more of our community.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:33 AM PST

Long story short: Recently my account was taken, my guess is a key-logger. I was notified via my e-mail my password changed, after only 10 minutes of that notification, I lost connectivity to my account.

What took me more then 7000 in-game hours as well as five years of my dedication to this outstanding game. Is gone......

If you haven't and are on the fence - as I WAS - please connect your phone number or your parents phone number to your account for password recovery/verification. It will extremely help in a time like this. Trust me.

Your account being stolen can and will happen.

edit* This post was meant for all of the community. My fault for not taking better care of my account honestly. To expand; My ticket was placed immediately, however as anonymous due to password being changed. Anet is doing what they can to recover the account.

submitted by /u/b0ox
[link] [comments]

1st Edition Tyrian Fashion Magazine

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:29 AM PST

Nostalgia: Does anyone else miss the permanent changes to maps that we used to have?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:02 PM PST

Remember when Kessex hills used to be not a messed up and ruined. I kinda wish instead of having "Instances" of living world like we have now, we would get an actual living world like we were promised when it launched, and for the first couple of years had.

It gave a little more oompf to doing events and paying attention to the game, it always pulled me back in and served as a good way to attach myself to the game itself seeing that tyria is being shaped in molded and changes happening when I play.

I was wondering if anyone else misses this kinda content or if Im alone, I was doing some map completion and it really brought back memories when I saw the nightmare tower ruins.

Just a conversation piece here. Comment with any thoughts or ideas you had that could've happened. :)

submitted by /u/SpectralSolid
[link] [comments]

How I felt when I got my Griffon.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 07:04 PM PST

Roleplaying in Tyria

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:46 PM PST

[ART] In the past couple months, I've made a few drawings of my and my friends' characters!

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:48 AM PST

Mysterious skeletons drop Trick or Treat bags

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:05 PM PST

So for those unaware, mysterious skeletons and dead bodies appeared in the grenth's door.

So there are 2 reasons for them to drop ToT bags.

  1. The least interesting option: They are just halloween skeletons and anet forgot to remove ToT from their droplist.

  2. They are skeletons from the mad realm and that could mean mad king is coming probably because joko and stuff will happen in season 4.

What do you think this could mean?

submitted by /u/calcopiritus
[link] [comments]

Voyage, A Fan Made Cinematic of the Crystal Desert

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 07:33 AM PST

Some more about what's going on in Lornar's Pass.

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 08:39 PM PST

First off, credit for the discovery goes to u/MithranArkanere who I did not believe at first.

So if you go to Lornar's Pass to the Grenth statue where the dead body is, there's an additional effect when you kneel (besides the buff). A green mist appears and wraps around the player, followed by some quickly rotating writing. I tried to take several screenshots. Additionally, the letters seem to scale with player size, they were difficult to notice on my Asura, but easier on larger characters.

Here's an album of the best screenshots I could get, hopefully somebody else can do better or can figure out the translation:

https://imgur.com/a/aNqQH

The writing appears to be at least somewhat in New Krytan.

Additionally, the skeletons here seem to not be as shadowy as the ones near the Shadow Behemoth. The black shroud is surrounding them instead of appearing to be what is making them up, however this could be because this trip to Lornar's being on a lower graphics setting.

Updated, thanks to u/LordRumpo, there is now a video of the symbols available at: https://youtu.be/M82pWq8S7gM

I have done my best to translate them beneath his comment.

submitted by /u/HollowWaif
[link] [comments]

Here's a little something cute: I drew a skimmer pup when I was bored... erm... poorly doodled one, but you get the idea.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 09:18 AM PST

Poll: What's your favorite Elite Spec?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:21 AM PST

http://www.strawpoll.me/14375281

I know this topic has been done already, but it was during the demo weekend when all of the new content was still coming out, so;

Since PoF is out and in full swing, people have gotten to try all the specs and compare them to old, new, and other classes specs, I'm wondering what everyone is feeling towards what their favorite elite spec is, as of right now. :)

I've included the HoT Elites, as well as the PoF ones, just because of the fact that the old ones aren't obsolete, I don't think :P

Also, of course, voiced opinions, explanations, and thoughts in general, are as welcome as a click in the poll :)

submitted by /u/aboxofsoap
[link] [comments]

FYI, Those stupid random spell effects are still in WvW even after Halloween content was removed

Posted: 10 Nov 2017 10:31 PM PST

This is really annoying, this has to be a bug by now...

Edit: gif for anyone confused..

submitted by /u/SaiyanOfDarkness
[link] [comments]

Where did the funerary merchant go?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:40 AM PST

(Animation)Guild Wars 2-Raptors

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:44 PM PST

Is "Aerial Assault" (Aurora Collection) bugged? Been trying for 2 hours straight.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:25 AM PST

"Obtained by killing an enemy with gliding skills"

Is it a specific enemy?

edit:

Apparently crying on reddit helps, got it about an hour after this post killing a "Bloodstone Mauler" with the glider AA

submitted by /u/TorroxMorrox
[link] [comments]

Asura in PvP

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:20 AM PST

Pvp ranked SoloQer here.

It just seems like the more Asura teammates in my team, the more likely we are to win. It's weird. You guys notice that too?

submitted by /u/ShaunQuisha
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.