Learn Dota 2 - Anyone else hate playing against heroes that literally force you into a hard counter?


Anyone else hate playing against heroes that literally force you into a hard counter?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:04 AM PST

How do you have fun with these games? You're either forced to play a counter or forced to play against a hero that's broken without an in-game counter. How is it even fun for the person picking the "broken but countered" hero? If they're hard countered they'll get dumpstered.

submitted by /u/Robotigan
[link] [comments]

Why isn't Void played as an alternative version of AM?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:21 AM PST

Kind of a showerthought of mine, I was thinking about Void when I realised that Void with Bfury > Manta Style > Diffusal is essentially the same as AM with Bfury > Manta Style > Basher. Doesn't that make him a stronger version of AM when the enemy has mostly physical damage? Your magic resistance is replaced with a spell that punishes cooldowns, and your ult is replaced by an ult that lets you freeze the whole enemy team and beat the crap out of them.

submitted by /u/MrZipZap
[link] [comments]

Please help me get out of sub 1k?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:43 PM PST

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES, THEY HAVE ALL BEEN HELPFUL!

Hello! I saw this post talking about this post and it made me finally decide to make a similar post of my own linking my dotabuff.

Excuse any typos i might have missed : )

My mmr is currently 143, i started around 600 and tanked it by trying to learn hero's in ranked and itemizing badly. Woops.

I've learnt more and got a bit better as a result, so i feel a bit more confident in my ability to climb and im having a lot more fun than i was and games are a lot closer now, this game was especially exciting. Still, id really love some input from other people, i know there is a lot i can improve on.

heres my dotabuff

my current hero pool is ench, np, medusa, drow, luna, ld, kotl.

My favorite role is solo offlane and pos 4 or pos 5 heros who can scale into the later game. I really like lane bullies. Oh also PA mid is good down here. I play a bunch of these heros in lane with a carry and try to use thier lane presence to win the lane.

If i get a solo offlane i can get results like this at least in this mmr

I also like treant, crystal maiden, wraith king, centuar, lina, abbadon, crystal maiden, wind ranger, mirana, venge, puck, io, ursa and death prophet.

I'm gona slowly add those heros to my pool but for now im trying to keep it to heros i can play decently and have a high impact with.

So here are some questions!

  1. just in general what can i do to improve? What should i focus on?

  2. If anyone wants to watch my games and give me feedback that would be great! Probably don't bother wasting your time with the mirana games i did recently, i won't be playing her in ranked for a while. Oh i guess i should phase this as a question "if you like please watch some of my games and let me know some mistakes im making"

  3. any advice about my itemization? I'd appreciate advice for any hero but stuff about the 7 in my pool and PA would be good, i feel i could broaden my understanding for item options on lone druid, ench and natures prophet especially, i have a more clear idea of item progression for the other heros but id still love to hear any input.

  4. Should i bother with pulling at this mmr?

  5. What do you think about my hero pool? Do you think i need more stuns or aoe? I know i don't have many stuns and i know my hero pool is a bit weak if the enemy picks a PL, i would pick KOTL to counter that a bit but its going to be hard unless my teammates also have a bunch of aoe.

  • I think medusa is an ok pick against PL with scepter and your ult IF you can get your team to help fight him and they also have a bunch of aoe, similar to kotl id want to try to use my team as a buffer between me and him and use my spells to fuck him over.

Here's some info about why i picked the heros in my pool, not necessarily required reading but i thought it would be useful.

  • Ench: Ench is my most played hero, recently i've started using a new build that is amazing for this mmr, its used in the game i linked above. I'm starting to neutral creeps to bully the enemy very hard more effectively, the new dispel on w is pretty cool. Currently im going Phase > Sange and yasha because with the movement speed talent you get to move at max movement speed with phase boot's active, then i get a pike, i might get a bloodthorn after that or maybe a linkens, lotus, bkb, scepter would probably be a 6th or 5th item.

  • if you have a better way to itemizer for ench id love to hear it, i know sange and yasha isn't conventional, its just working well for me in this mmr, i can catch up to E V E R Y O N E its so fun.

  • Lone Druid: I know you might raise your eyebrows at the LD pick but hes really easy to get snowballing by playing in lane, getting kills with claws, taking towers and then going to other lanes to take other towers, people don't know how to deal with the bear half the time.

  • I never try to jungle (anymore) and i recently found that i can use teleport scrolls to send the bear back to heal\get items, which is pretty amazing in a mmr where people don't know anything about courier etiquette, taking runes with the bear is pretty fun too. LD doesn't fall off that fast in this mmr, you can scale decently and the new talents are pretty cool.

  • Like i said i feel like i could really use some help for itemization on him, i normally get brown boots for the bear and tranqs for the druid so i can heal without sending the bear back for salves (unless thats better??) and sometimes phase for the bear or swapped to the druid. Then i get maelstrom followed by possibly Mjol, assault, pike or butterfly. I'm not sure if i should try going for radiance instead, it feels like it would have a lot less impact early on especially if i have a slow timing.

  • PA: PA mid is a comfortable pick for me because of her mana management being less difficult compared to someone like lina and her daggers are great for harassing and last hitting, you can spam them a lot more, i have issues when my team looses a lane hard and the enemy roams mid but thats an issue for everyone i think? The new talents are amazing for PA, i haven't tried her yet but it should be pretty fun. I used to get vlads first, then i went battlefury first, but now cleave is a part of your talents and apparently MoM is better on her now? So i think id go MoM > deso or just straight up deso first, then bkb, then i dunno games normally end at that point, satanic? Butterfly maaaaybe, skadi.

  • Medusa: Medusa i also normally take mid for similar reasons, people don't know how to deal with the snake a lot of the time, shes also an extremely hard counter if the enemy picks CK. Also she got a, buff? In the update, yay! I normally go mom > butterfly then it depends, scepter first if theres an illusion hero on the enemy team. Then stuff like skadi, bkb, etc, satanic might be good on her now at level 25.

  • Natures prophet: unique global teleport, takes towers quickly, high right click, can offlane, can very easily place wards decently safe, also hes cute. I somehow have a 58% winrate in ranked, 5 losses 7 wins as jungle NP before the iron talon removal, not exactly sure how but i do, i'm no longer going to jungle. I could use some advice for itemization on him, i don't have a clear path for item order.

  • Drow: i picked drow because of the global ranged aura, i recently figured out how to itemize her a bit better and thats helping, shes got strong harass in lane and can do it without aggroing creeps, her new talents let her stay relevant at level 25 and she can backdoor t2 and t3 towers in around 10 seconds if games go super late. I might play her mid but id probably pick her for the safelane. I normally go MOM > butterfly > it depends.

  • Luna: shes my sidelane carry pick, i like her because she can farm fast so you can catch up in the jungle a bit, you take take towers fast with manta, her ult is very fun, shes got the second highest move speed. I like to go MoM into butterfly. Evasion is super powerful when no one thinks to buy accuracy. Then i might get manta, satanic, bkb, etc.

  • KOTL: My support for when i need aoe but hes just fun in general, got so much shit going on, blinding people with a aoe force staff like effect, able to recall teammates who are going to die if they go out there alone and didn't see the 2 enemies on the map, self sufficient in terms of mana, HUGE heal during daytime when you get scepter, mana rupture, high damage in lane if you can hit with illuminate and thats really easy to do in this mmr, i put wards behind the enemy towers so i can get vision of them to nuke. I normally go tranqs > scepter., force staff, Hes the hero in my pool who scales the least into the late game in terms of damage but i think the massive healing from scepter helps makeup for it.

submitted by /u/-VwO-
[link] [comments]

How to handle anger.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:14 PM PST

Well today it unfortunately happened, I got my chat muted. I will say I 100% deserved this. I get upset very fast and always shit talk my team. However, I want to make a conscious effort to stop the toxicity. I just have no idea what I can do to quell my anger and not ruin the experience for all of my teammates. How do you deal with anger?

Please bear in mind that I'm serious about playing Dota, so please don't recommend that I quit playing. Thanks.

submitted by /u/GunnerTardis
[link] [comments]

How do you effectively control or move allied units?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:38 PM PST

How do you control clones, illusions or even Juggernaut's healing ward effectively? I've been struggling controling them in game. Is there some kind of binding where you can separately control them? Tips or any advice is appreciated. I'm still new to the game so I'm willing to learn more. Thank you for your time!

submitted by /u/Arafeloj
[link] [comments]

To all sub 1k players that want to improve

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:20 AM PST

I would suggest following in the footsteps of Lord_Vats
From his request for help https://www.reddit.com/r/learndota2/comments/70nc5e/please_help_out_a_trash_tier_player
To his current MMR https://www.reddit.com/r/learndota2/comments/73szzk/broke_1k_today_next_destination_2k Hopefully this all helps, good luck on the road to 1k!

From Lord_Vats on making this post "You can even add that I climbed to 1529 after breaking 1k, after taking advice from you when you analyzed the Anti Mage game"
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask below

submitted by /u/Doug_Step
[link] [comments]

Tiny in 7.07

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 06:13 PM PST

I don't understand. At first glance Tiny got a nerf, having armor and aghs removed and the pub win rates just confirm that. Why is he winning in the pro matches? What are they doing differently, which strength is getting exploited?

submitted by /u/Durdel
[link] [comments]

With the recent nerfs to bloodstone, is bloodstone first still the best choice for Storm Spirit over an Orchid?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 10:36 AM PST

So how do I destroy offlane Mirana 1v1 using a Melee carry considering my supports don’t zone her (3.3k avg game)

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 02:20 PM PST

I'm only oh so good at doing so with Lifestealer and Anti-Mage. Even PL or Slark but with difficulty. I expend mana to Blink, Spirit Lance, Pounce, Open Wounds, etc. And she'd leap thrice (except for Slark) which is a good thing maybe because I can just cast again and again as well but once she does get Aquila and PB she's like the hardest hitting machine esp when I'm using stuff like a Juggernaut or Lycan and those that just can't harass without staying in melee range esp Sven. What can I do versus Mirana as a melee carry? Almost all of my lost games as a safelane melee carry are because of this one hero I can't zone at all esp if she's on a dual offlane. Atleast Viper is somehow more manageable now. Mirana's a whole new level of "nuisance" for me that I actually nominate her for banningg quite often

submitted by /u/Phenothetype
[link] [comments]

After over 1,000 matches I'm still terrible - which hero can I play badly with but still help my team?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 07:32 AM PST

Hi,

I really love Dota, but I'm also really bad at it.

Here's a screenshot of my recent games - https://imgur.com/a/mYcJR

As you can see I tried a variety of roles and heroes but failed in every single game - I was to blame for the loss, despite my team's effort to carry me.

So I'm wondering are there any heroes I can fail with and still help my team? One of my favourite picks is Necrophos because even if I play badly, I'm still able to help out in team fights with my Q and greaves/mek etc. I'm wondering if I should play Abaddon too since he's difficult to kill and I'd feed less?

I appreciate that I should take more time to learn the mechanics of the game, but I'd like to do that with a really simple to play hero that doesn't rely on me getting lots of farm (for example PA is super simple with just 2 skills, but she needs to get ahead which I can't do)

Thanks

submitted by /u/blizeH
[link] [comments]

What could I have done better this game?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:59 PM PST

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3556556929

I am playing invoker, was against a natures prophet in lane, and spirit breaker kept on ganking, I tried getting what farm I could, but i couldnt actually achieve something in this game.

submitted by /u/dannyjayes1
[link] [comments]

How much CS should I be getting as a support (in shit tier MMR)?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 12:43 PM PST

Hi I'm a noob at 27mmr (recently I've been losing and winning at the same ratio so I usually stay around there). I usually play supports like Keeper of the Light or Jakiro (I was playing enchantress until i realized im actually shit at her and she's also situational hero without an aoe).

Anyways usually in games I try to harass the enemy heroes so that my carry can farm, meaning that I usually don't even try last hitting and I just soak up the XP. But I also understand that I can be way more efficient in farming.

The problem with low tier mmr is that there isn't such thing as zoning sometimes and roles aren't as defined so I'm often just mindlessly walking without knowing what I'm doing.

submitted by /u/AwesomeAsian
[link] [comments]

Illusions stuck on auto attack?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 11:36 AM PST

I have my auto attack set to never and made sure there wasn't some illusion auto attack setting but my illusions are still auto attacking creeps/heroes, any ideas?

submitted by /u/Honey_Dope
[link] [comments]

How do I play abaddon?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 01:22 AM PST

I like to play abaddon because of Shield's strong dispel.
However, I have very low winrate like 40% on abaddon.
From my understanding, abaddon is a tank hero who take damage from enemy team and sometimes help teammates with Q and W.
Any thoughts on how to play abaddon?

my latest abaddon match: https://www.opendota.com/matches/3555280656/overview
dotabuff ver:
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3555280656
i feel kinda carried on this game.
(im not native speaker so i might have made mistakes on wording and grammar)

submitted by /u/mao1756
[link] [comments]

Thoughts about magic shadow fiend?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:32 AM PST

Guys,what do you think about magic sf in 7.07 with eul,blink and new talents? Would it be viable?

submitted by /u/Antun85
[link] [comments]

Does unranked party queue affect unranked solo mmr?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:57 AM PST

Ok, so for the first ~300 games I played only solo. My ranked mmr was around 2k and my unranked games were in that bracket as well. After that I played around 150 games exclusively in stacks with some 4-5k friends. Recently with Turbo mode i started to play solo again because I wanted to play in games where I'm not helplessly outclassed.

Unfortunately though all those solo turbo mode games are still with a lot of 4k players (High-Very High Skill according to Dotabuff).

Is this a problem of the smaller turbo mode player pool or has my hidden mmr increased by playing with a higher mmr party? Because my skill certainly hasn't increased as much and it's not that much fun being the worst of 10 players every game. :/

submitted by /u/LMFAOwHocAREASHAHXd
[link] [comments]

How could I win this?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 09:34 AM PST

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3556262280

3 vs 5 and we STILL lost. Ridicilous.

submitted by /u/viledeadd4
[link] [comments]

What mistakes did I make? (Dotabuff included)

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:48 AM PST

I had a match where I was Sniper and we were having a good laning phase. We won our lanes but still end up losing. Can someone analyse the match and point out some major mistakes I made to lose the game?

This is normal Skill Bracket. The game ended with my K/D being 22/6.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3554673103

submitted by /u/Rogurzz
[link] [comments]

Midas on Doom and how to get there.

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 08:41 AM PST

Started playing Doom as a solo offlane and really liking his playstyle. I watched a Purge replay of him and he said he usually went Midas, so I've been trying it on him after finishing Tranqs, but my timings are a little slow. (13-14 minutes) This could be just me, admittedly, but Doom doesn't seem like he farms that quickly or consistently in lane with his long cooldowns on Q and W and long BAT. I've been going 1-3-1-1 usually, but should I switch to, say, 3-1-1-1 for that bonus gold? Or should I just punt Midas altogether and go Blink first instead?

submitted by /u/TheNthVector
[link] [comments]

Ion shell tombstone zombie?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 05:04 AM PST

This seems like both a fun and abusable combo, anyone know if it's possible?

submitted by /u/Doug_Step
[link] [comments]

I am so bad at playing position 1 Vengeful Spirit

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:54 AM PST

Idk how she's played as a position 1 mainly due to how she's itemized. I envy players who for some reason hit absolutely hard with her and I feel like I'm not doing damage. I go MoM as my first item build but then Idk where to go next

submitted by /u/Phenothetype
[link] [comments]

Why no damage items on Nightstalker?

Posted: 11 Nov 2017 04:30 AM PST

He's a good hero with a good attack speed and base damage. His ulti turns him into a literal nightmare for the other team as you chase down solo enemies.

But there doesn't seem to be any damage-oriented build guides. Why is this?

submitted by /u/Caffeinated_Thesis
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.