Fallout - I want to applaud Bethesda and Obsidian for their attention to detail


I want to applaud Bethesda and Obsidian for their attention to detail

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 11:06 AM PST

The other day I was starting a fresh Falloht 4 game and my grandmother happened to be here. She inquired about the game and I told her about the '50s theming, premise, story, etc. Then she says "Oh we had one of those clocks in our living room!" and pointed to the spikey clock hanging above the TV(it was the opening of the game, right before the Vault Rep came). I just wanted to give a shout out to both companies for their respective games. You can tell there is a lot of effort and passion put into them.

submitted by /u/TryAndDoxMe
[link] [comments]

Onyx Pip Boy paint job and Onyx Power Armor paint job are free on Creation Club

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 06:28 AM PST

I don't buy micro-transactions. But I will take advantage of free shit. Get yours too!

submitted by /u/Jaewok
[link] [comments]

Too much empathy?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:20 PM PST

So I've started a new fresh game of Fallout 4 with a couple of mods here and there, and really got into it again. Everything was exactly as good as I remembered (Total Fanboy here, literally an entire Wall in my (IRL) Room dedicated to the franchise) and I helped Preston with his stupid settlements.

As I was roaming around the Commonwealth with Dogmeat in the night, I came across a small raider outpost. As I desperatly wanted to establish my homebase with Chem-Tables and such, I needed Exp to get the Local Leader Perk 2, so I was actively looking for trouble. So as I came across this outpost it kinda got me thinking: The Raiders have obviously been attacked by Mirelurks and there were corpses of each faction lying around the campfire. One of them was warming his hands at the fire, the other one slept on a dirty rug. The last of the group was laying dead a couple of metres away from the one keeping nightshift.

I know its just a game, but I really felt bad for them for loosing a precious friend in an already hard environment. The fallen raider will never come back, will never respawn, and the other two will be fighting for their everyday life as a team of 2. I was wearing powerarmor I found at a vertibird crashsite, I could have made it very quick since I was using a mod which (granted I hit the headshot) would instantly kill them (Modname: Better Locational Damage) + Survival Mode. But I couldn't do it. That Exp I would be getting? Fuck that, I'd feel bad for the rest of the week..

Well, I just stole a couple of minutes from you reading my Fallout Experience that noone cares about, but I had to tell it to someone that doesnt judge me for my empathy ln games. (I get called crazy for not wanting to go on a killing spree in GTA, because I also feel bad for them, they just want to live their digital life dont they? :( )

submitted by /u/FlickyFlack
[link] [comments]

Is there anything really cool in the Fallout games that is really easy to miss?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 05:14 AM PST

I commented on a post yesterday talking about the quest that you can do for the Powder Gangers in the prison for Fallout: New Vegas. A lot of people didn't know about them and missed them completely. Just wanted to make this post to see if there was anything like this from any of the Fallout games that is just as missable. Stuff like quests, interactions, places, easter eggs etc.

Hopefully you guys can help me squeeze a bit of fresh game time from the Fallout series

submitted by /u/mood_irl
[link] [comments]

FO4 Pip-Boy Operational Instructions Booklet Help!

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 06:44 AM PST

Hello! My Pip-Boy GOTY Edition arrived today after buying it Second Hand from eBay! However, most of the contents of the ordinary Pip-Boy Edition are inside, except for the "Pip-Boy Operating Instructions" Booklet! I've contacted the seller, and she's informed me that she lost that a few months ago. Is there anyone who would be willing to share pictures of the pages so I can print them off, or maybe direct me to a PDF version of the booklet so I can print it off?

I really appreciate any replies or any help that you may be able to offer! Thank you :D

submitted by /u/HeartletTullius
[link] [comments]

Why are some animals not affected by the 2x meat magazine?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 05:30 AM PST

It's odd, how Radstags, radroaches, etc all drop 2 meat after you collect the magazine, however I've noticed that mutant hounds and mole rats do not. Anyone know why?

submitted by /u/69_CatLover420_69
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 locked at windowed mode

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 08:03 AM PST

Changing the resolution in the launcher's options doesn't change anything. It always starts at 720p windowed mode even when the option is not checked. Messing with the fallout4prefs.ini file does not change anything either. I have tried launching the game as admin, but everytime I hit play it just reloads the launcher window resulting in a loop. The funny thing is that a while back I was forced to format, and before that while using the same OS (Windows 10) the game was running normally in the settings that I had set. This has been really frustrating for me as I just had decided to give this game a chance after 2 years of buying it......

submitted by /u/LaryVerde
[link] [comments]

[Spoilers] How far do I need to go to get all potential rewards from the Gangs before killing them?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 11:09 AM PST

Already got Gage's perk, and Perks from two of the gangs. Is there anything I'll miss by killing the leaders?

submitted by /u/jedipony1
[link] [comments]

I’m confused about the order of main/faction quests (Fallout 4)

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 12:23 PM PST

Based on a bit of googling I think I've reached a point in the Main Quest line where I might have to make a choice. Here are the missions I've completed so far:

Out of Time

When Freedom Calls

The First Step

Jewel of the Commonwealth

Unlikely Valentine

Getting A Clue

Sanctuary

Part of Reunions (I've killed Kellog, exited Fort Hagen and watched the Brotherhood's airship go by.)

Have I already passed the point of no return with any factions?

Playing as a character who tried to do the right thing, how far can I go with each faction before making a choice that turns one or more factions hostile?

Is there anyway to stay friendly with all factions, or all factions except the institute?

If I complete "Reunions" does that close off "Reveille"?

Basically I'm trying to find out whether I should keep going with the main quest or start doing faction stuff.

If you can answer these questions without spoiling too much that would be awesome. I'm trying to figure out what path to take forward without actually reading a detailed guide of each quest.

submitted by /u/lincolnliberal
[link] [comments]

Are there any mods on PS4 that let's you control an army/move your settlers to any location?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 01:29 PM PST

I want to feel like I made my own faction and conquer areas of the map. I know there are workshops anywhere mods but I want to control an army or squad around.

submitted by /u/HarraReeves_
[link] [comments]

PS4 Modders/Users. Are there any PS4 pre built settlement overhauls. I’m really interested to see what people have built but not through YouTube? Not only settlements but institute overhauls :)

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 12:22 PM PST

I'm really interested but mods currently are lacking originality on PS4 I'm looking for pre built or worked on settlements that haven't been rated or been rated enough to appear on the front pages of the in game mod menu.

submitted by /u/FinalCreation1
[link] [comments]

Fallout 2 build help?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 04:03 PM PST

Trying to play a "canon" protagonist for each game. I went with Albert for FO1. He wasn't perfect but totally playable, Fallout 2's Narg however... Ugh. Gave up in the first couple hours.

So it's obvious I need to tweak some things, but I'm not sure what.

I want to go for that somewhat brutish tribal feel, so maybe a melee build, but I'm not sure that's really viable and I also don't want to lock myself into a low Charisma/ low speech that doesn't really let me get the most out of dialogue.

Any advice? This is my first playthrough.

Also, yes, there are builds out there but they're all "the perfect sniper/ gunman/ melee (unarmed). Nothing like what I had in mind.

submitted by /u/Rizenstrom
[link] [comments]

Fallout New Vegas - Perks

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 04:00 PM PST

I've started playing Fallout NV yesterday. And i wanted to know if you can get all perks + S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats at max. lvl ( 50 for me i think, got the goty Edition), don't need to be the full rank. Otherwise, be free to recommend me perks, wanted to do a sniper/ NCR-Ranger.

submitted by /u/Shadow_Zack
[link] [comments]

I have a question about completing the main quest.

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 03:27 PM PST

Hello I am starting my first ever F4 survival play through. I am on PS4 I have just some immersion mods like darker nights installed, any pointers on what lays ahead?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 03:08 PM PST

Thinking about going rifleman power armor with chems and little VATS

submitted by /u/Assman94
[link] [comments]

Any mods that add sand bags/barricades etc. To the fallout 4 workshop in xbox one?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:37 PM PST

What’s the funniest and/or creepiest bugs you’ve encountered in a Fallout game?

Posted: 20 Nov 2017 08:48 PM PST

As my 20th birthday comes to a close, I'm both happy to have survived another year on this wretched Earth, and depressed that I'm a year closer to death. (Yes, I am an optimist. ;)) And it made me think of (for some unknown reason) the many bugs we encounter in Fallout games. They're pretty much part of the series' inherent experience now - both for the better & worse. And so, I'm curious - What're the funniest and/or creepiest bugs you've ever encountered in a Fallout game?

Funniest for me is when the Ricochet perk in Fallout 4 glitched for me so that it would also have melee attacks "ricochet" back on their users and not just projectile attacks. This led to the glorious moment of a Legendary Savage Deathclaw running up to me, intent on wearing my ass as a hat - and then immediately punching itself in the face & dying. To this day I still regret not having captured the moment on video.

Creepiest for me was in Fallout 3, where Broken Steel resulted in the destruction of Raven Rock (and, by extension, President John Henry Eden). But instead of Enclave Radio going off-air, it stayed on - now just consisting of an endless loop of Eden saying "..Stand now, at the precipice..." Idk, it just came across as really creepy for me, since it made me think of Eden still being self-aware while trapped under the rubble of Raven Rock, completely isolated & unable to even coherently think anymore.

What bugs made you laugh your ass off or shake with fear? Share below!

EDIT: Clarification.

submitted by /u/FedoraSlayer101
[link] [comments]

Many A True Nerd plays the Fallout 4 FROST mod and discovers the true enemy...

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 01:59 PM PST

The 6:30 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv0TVZpSGUM&t=390s

"Now, the problem is that this is going to take all of my skill and cunning as a hunter to sort out-- DIE, YOU MOOING BASTARD!!!! DIE! DIE! That's right! Oh, they don't fight back! Ah, they don't fight back! That's even better! SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU! YOU MOOING BASTARDS!!!!"

submitted by /u/MrFredCDobbs
[link] [comments]

Is fallout 3 G.O.A.T.Y edition cross compatible with PS4???

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 01:29 PM PST

Hi I had just bought fallout 3 goaty edition a couple months back but my PS3 controllers broke I was wondering if it's compatible for PS4 without a Play Station now account???

submitted by /u/esotericabsurdism
[link] [comments]

How could Nuka World possibly be fixed?

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 04:45 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.