Civilization - [Civ of the Week] Scythia


[Civ of the Week] Scythia

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 02:27 AM PST

Scythia

Unique Ability

People of the Steppe

  • Receive a second Light Cavalry unit each time a Light Cavalry unit or Saka Horse Archer is trained

Unique Unit

Saka Horse Archer

  • Unit type: Ranged
  • Requires: Horseback Riding tech
  • Replaces: none
  • 100 Production cost (Standard Speed)
  • 2 Gold Maintenance
  • Does not require resources
  • 15 Combat Strength
  • 25 Ranged Strength
  • 1 Range
  • 4 Movement
  • No vulnerability versus anti-cavalry units
  • Upgrades to Field Cannon instead of Crossbowman

Unique Infrastructure

Kurgan

  • Infrastructure type: Improvement
  • Requires: Animal Husbandry tech
  • +1 Gold
  • +1 Gold upon researching Guilds civic
  • +1 Gold upon researching Capitalism civic
  • +1 Faith
  • +1 Faith from each adjacent Pasture
  • Cannot be built on Hills

Leader: Tomyris

Leader Ability

Killer of Cyrus

  • All units receive +5 Combat Strength against wounded units
  • Units heal up to 30 Health when defeating an enemy unit

Agenda

Backstab Averse

  • Likes civilizations who are their declared friends
  • Dislikes civilizations who backstab and declare surprise wars

Vote for the next Civ of the Week here.


Check the Wiki for the other Civ of the Week Discussion Threads.

  • Previous Civ of the Week: Norway
submitted by /u/Bragior
[link] [comments]

Do you like my Petra?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 01:37 PM PST

So I mentioned the Civilization series in my College class...Now my professor wants me to show the game to the class

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 01:20 PM PST

Today, in my Politics of South Asia class, we were doing presentations on a book about Nuclear weaponry in South Asia (Im sure you have an idea were this is going from that). One group was doing a presentation on the idolization of nuclear weapons in India, including how even Gandhi's message of peace is used to promote the bomb. After the presentation finished, I spoke up about how Gandhi has the bug-turned meme of being nuke-happy in the Civilization games and the presentation reminded me of that, and how it was interesting that the meme has real life connections. The professor is very old (lost husband in 1965 war old) became interested in it, and now wants me to show the game to the class at some point. (I had told her its a game were you build an empire and Gandhi leads the Indian civilization, and has the highest nuclear weapons usage of any other leader)

submitted by /u/Mav12222
[link] [comments]

Didn't know that city-states can have 2 cities.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 02:40 AM PST

It is unbelievable that Civ 6 doesn't have cross platform play a year later.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:08 AM PST

Tried to play Civ 6 with some friends this weekend. They have mac laptops, I have a PC.

Turns out there's a version mismatch and it's impossible to play together.

It's 2017 and I can't play a multiplayer game between mac and pc? are you serious?

submitted by /u/TacticalBeerCozy
[link] [comments]

The Canals of Mongolia

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 01:37 PM PST

Suddenly Civ VI's bizarre starting location scripts don't seem so frustrating, when they strike one of my closest neighbors.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 04:42 PM PST

I annexed 9 austrian cities and this is what happened. Well, shit.

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 09:51 PM PST

[Civ V] Inca, Petra, Mountains

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 04:09 PM PST

Built the Pentagon while looking at the Pentagon.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 04:46 PM PST

So I've tried Vox Populi...

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 02:24 PM PST

This is the result of my first game ever:

https://imgur.com/4hEM0y0

On the very same turn (45), Spain's culture has become popular within my empire and they have entered the medieval era. In the meantime I'm struggling to invent the wheel.

All of this on Prince btw.

Just... What the hell happened?

submitted by /u/Elothel
[link] [comments]

What civ do you think is best and why?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:26 AM PST

Let's see who everyone thinks is over powered and how to best use them.

Edit: in Civ VI

submitted by /u/Barry_the_UPS_guy
[link] [comments]

I'm addicted.

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 10:16 AM PST

help :D

submitted by /u/Taekki
[link] [comments]

VI Theming

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 07:49 AM PST

I've done a google search and can't find a lot of information on the theming bonuses. From the civ wiki:

Each Artifact will have an Era and a Civilization. In order to qualify for the theming bonus, the containing building must have three artifacts from the same era (ancient era, classic era, etc) but created by different civilizations.

My questions are

  • Is it only for artifacts? Not great works?

  • Is the era identified on the artifact, or do I need to know which years fall under each era?

  • If theming bonus only applies to artifacts, why do other Civs keep trying to trade for my great works? And they offer like 20+ GPT for a single work so I assume their benefit gained is high. I can't believe it's just for +2 culture or w/e the work provides.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/KotWmike
[link] [comments]

V:Is there a list of what units Barbarians can be?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:48 PM PST

I know they can be warriors, archers and pikemen but I would like to find a list of the units used in-game such as "UNIT_BARBARIAN_WARRIOR".

I'm new to the game but I was hoping to expand this mod to replace ALL the barbarians with goombas instead of just warriors: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572093988

submitted by /u/Jaquarius
[link] [comments]

Science is op

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:27 PM PST

I guess it's sort of realistic maybe but science has gotten even worse in civ vi. If I'm even down a little in science which for some reason I always am. The other players in multiplayer just wipe me out with newer boats etc. I could be first in culture have tons of units but they are no match only because he has all this science. I mean they all just spam science and it's too overpowered makes the game in fun to have all your progress wiped away by some idiots who know how to work science. Idk at this point in time the game is no fun because science dictates way too much and there is no balancing.

submitted by /u/bIackjack95
[link] [comments]

[Civ V] Best Settings/Maps for Three-Player Game?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 06:16 PM PST

I have all the DLC, so all the maps are available. I don't want to use a third-party map.

Should I choose a duel map? A four-player map (with or without an AI opponent)?

submitted by /u/Devonmartino
[link] [comments]

Uhhhh whats happening here?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 05:46 PM PST

An offer you can't refuse

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 05:38 PM PST

First game of Civ VI in nearly a year

Posted: 12 Nov 2017 11:14 PM PST

Why I love Brasil

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 04:52 PM PST

CPU or GPU most important for Civ VI?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 05:25 AM PST

Looking for a new laptop, and my recollection was that Civ V was one of the few games where an i7 was more important than discrete graphics (if you had to choose based on price). Is the same true for Civ VI? I'm looking for a 2-in-1, so have a bit more limited selection.

submitted by /u/EwanG
[link] [comments]

Civ 6 Worth It?

Posted: 13 Nov 2017 02:06 PM PST

I've been contemplating it for a while now, looking online and reading reviews, I'm torn. I've been playing Civ 5 for a couple months and it's great but I wonder whether or not I should 'upgrade'. Most die hard fans say that civ 6 is a 'cashgrab'. Is it? Youtubers such as the yogscast love it! And they've been playing civ for years. I've turned to reddit for a more 'concrete' answer. If anyone would oblige me. Thank you in advance! :)

submitted by /u/I_Wear_Jackets
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.