True Dota 2 - Why is Dota the only MOBA/ARTS that doesn't require a jungler?


Why is Dota the only MOBA/ARTS that doesn't require a jungler?

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 08:41 AM PDT

Just discovered a real cool "Dota clone" called Paragon, which is like Smite being third person, but lately has been making very 'Dota' decisions, especially recently with their revamped item system that emphasizes item active abilities and skills rather than simple numbers.

It got me thinking about how Dota is so different from others like it, and one thing I discussed in the paragon reddit is why we should have a mandatory jungler role when Dota doesn't have one. It's an option, but not mandatory and in some cases detrimental. I can't really pinpoint the reasons why we have optional junglers while games like Paragon require one. I myself already know why Paragon requires one, but how has Dota made it more of a strategic choice than a necessity?

submitted by /u/TheSnowballofCobalt
[link] [comments]

Reminder to have your morning coffee before your daily dotes

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 08:08 AM PDT

Don't play on an empty stomach half awake.

Mentality is 90% of the game and if you're thinking about the cold pizza in the fridge you're not gonna see that hook!

submitted by /u/Fiestu
[link] [comments]

Mirana at TI7

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 08:49 AM PDT

Hey now. I've been watching some of the groupstage of ti7 recently, and I noticed that every Mirana player has been getting items like yasha into diffusal rather than the old aghs build. Any reason why?

submitted by /u/memesarethecure
[link] [comments]

Lets talk Main Event predictions

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 10:19 AM PDT

What teams are going to do well? Who's taking it?

submitted by /u/initialgold
[link] [comments]

How to play around a Tinker/SB as Furion?

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 01:43 PM PDT

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3360325516

I was furion, Tinker was pretty outta control with a spirit breaker helping him, along with their push heroes. Lane was ok (I was largely 1v1 the lycan) but was being careful due to missing Shaker + Bara) I tped mid to help QoP vs 3 and got her a double kill, but lost so much XP that lycan was hard to go back to lane vs.

Generally I just couldn't show without being charged or tped to by one of their heroes.

submitted by /u/NotLostJustDrifting
[link] [comments]

I want people to consider taking the 10% lifesteal talent on slark.

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 08:37 PM PDT

I think most people agree that 10 damage is the talent you go for 100% of the time on slark. But 10% lifesteal allows you to take ancients which might be a bigger advantage than 10 damage. That is all. Edit: Just woke up. Most pro's go for the dmg talent.

submitted by /u/Lukeiscool5
[link] [comments]

Can you guys help my friend make monkey king viable?

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 11:06 PM PDT

My friend has been trying monkey king for a little while now, like 2 weeks.. and, it's making life difficult. For context he's an amazing riki, then he decided to play monkey king. I don't know why, but he gets counter picked hard. Basically I'm trying to help him come up with some sort of strat to make it work, I usually play like troll, undying, arc warden idk I pick weird heroes.

Any help would be appreciated thank you guys.. You always have really good advice.

submitted by /u/shirtboxers
[link] [comments]

Why is Enchantress suddenly becoming popular in pubs?

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 11:12 PM PDT

I know it's not to the extent of PA or Pudge or Visage in 5k+, but either I'm playing her in unranked to practice, or someone else is. It seems like I see her in one out of every 3-5 games, whereas I NEVER saw her in pubs before unless someone randomed.

What happened? Did she have an outstanding game in the group stage that I missed?

submitted by /u/Xitulis
[link] [comments]

Out of the loop - Please explain to me what has changed since 4 months ago.

Posted: 06 Aug 2017 05:10 AM PDT

Going to get back into DoTA and I havent been following the recent patch notes.

submitted by /u/TheCancerousDrake
[link] [comments]

Sven Immortal pay to win ?

Posted: 05 Aug 2017 06:47 PM PDT

Imo the animation of his cleave is much better with that set. You can see his hitbox very precise. But what do you think guys ?

submitted by /u/Xepax
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.