Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 29, 2017 |
- Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 29, 2017
- Chalice of Tears - Unclear terrain is not good design
- Just found this at a thrift shop. Probably the best $1 I've ever spent.
- I think Dulfy needs to take a break...
- [Spoiler] How it feels getting Dodger Danger
- Commanders, if your map is full, please take your squad down from LFG!
- ANet greatly increased the length of the footprints for the new legendary. Meanwhile older Gen 2 legendaries still barely show any. Would be great to have them increased as well.
- Lake Doric FPS Drops Like Crazy. ANET PLS FIX
- Fractal 100 normal mode Daredevil solo
- [Spoilers] Why do we have so little interaction with the story each episode?
- My bad/good experience with anet support in regard to illegal gold trade with suggestions for improvement
- Video demonstration of the new Juggernaut projectile on a revenant.
- My experience with CM100 thus far...
- Please send help
- Sometimes I wish that characters would make a remark about the passing of time. (Spoilers)
- Sirenmaster-sensei
- Is raper really so bad?
- Abaddon's motivations
- Guild Wars 2 Lore | She who will not be named | Spoilers
- Please add Return to Checkpoint Special Action key to Chalice of Tears Jumping Puzzle!
- Please remember to keep putting retry motes in any instance with hard achievements
- Before the new expansion hype hits, I wanted to mention those things that positively surprised me in HoT and LS3
- Tons of Ember Bay - Chalice of Tears JP Runs with portals today from 12:20 until midnight
- Xaina's HP Tour TONIGHT [EU-Event]
| Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 29, 2017 Posted: 29 Jul 2017 06:09 AM PDT This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed. Resources: Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers. [link] [comments] | ||
| Chalice of Tears - Unclear terrain is not good design Posted: 29 Jul 2017 11:15 AM PDT Chalice of Tears is not hard because it is well thought out or well put together. It is artificially difficult only because what is and is not able to be stood on is so unclear as to make visual navigation almost meaningless. In places there are literally 2 pixel wide spots that are valid to stand on inside of visually indistinguishable terrain that you slide off of. There is NOTHING to indicate what is and is not safe. Half the JP is humping terrain looking for a place you are allowed to stick. No good gameplay should be based around humping terrain while nonreversibly gliding until you happen to pick the right spot of visually indistinguishable terrain that lets you get further. [link] [comments] | ||
| Just found this at a thrift shop. Probably the best $1 I've ever spent. Posted: 29 Jul 2017 03:16 PM PDT
| ||
| I think Dulfy needs to take a break... Posted: 29 Jul 2017 04:21 PM PDT | ||
| [Spoiler] How it feels getting Dodger Danger Posted: 29 Jul 2017 12:08 PM PDT | ||
| Commanders, if your map is full, please take your squad down from LFG! Posted: 29 Jul 2017 09:50 AM PDT Recently, I've noticed that there are a lot of different ip's hosting metas; specifically Heart of Thorns. Some of these maps are already full but are still posted in LFG. This tends to cause chaos as people are joining a squad with an already full map and are complaining that they cannot get in, while the maps that need loads more people are slow to fill because of this, and then half the time end up failing due to a lack of population. Please, I ask this again, give the smaller maps a chance to fill and actually complete the meta! If someone tells you that the map is full, please take your squad down from LFG! Edit: As pointed out by a few people, simply editing in "FULL" would also help a bit. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Jul 2017 05:33 PM PDT
| ||
| Lake Doric FPS Drops Like Crazy. ANET PLS FIX Posted: 29 Jul 2017 12:35 PM PDT
| ||
| Fractal 100 normal mode Daredevil solo Posted: 29 Jul 2017 12:59 PM PDT
| ||
| [Spoilers] Why do we have so little interaction with the story each episode? Posted: 29 Jul 2017 10:42 AM PDT Firstly this isn't a question on the quality of the writing, it is instead a question of its quantity. In comparison to other mmos, the production value of the story instances are incredible but there's simply not enough of it to do this epic story justice and for very good reason (its production value is so high). Why oh why can't we simply just talk to people more? No cut scenes, no voice acting, just text we can read to add depth and meaning to what we're doing. In its current state the story of season 3 progresses like this: high production but short story (through instances and cut scenes) followed by mandatory gameplay (most notably heart events) and this repeats. I would argue that the gameplay doesn't really expand upon the story and is instead a filler, sometimes it adds to the world building of the current map but it's inherently designed to be repeatable content that players can do every day. This results in huge story steps being taken in a couple of instances, most of which are focused on puzzles and tough fights (most recently trying to find Balthazar, finding a new mysterious stranger who's after the eye of Janthir, joining the secret service of the Queen of Kryta, searching for the eye of janthir, discovering that the stranger is in fact after Lazarus, summoning and killing Lazarus while discovering it's in fact Livia and then using the eye to discover Balthazar is in the crystal desert). I mean even if the writing was perfect how to you do that story justice in a couple of instances if those couple of instances are your only medium?! A great example of this is in episode 6 when you first land on the island and you find King Reza and Dagonet and yet you have hardly any interaction with them at all! After the voice acting why can't you ask Dagonet how the firstborn and sylvari race are coping with the death of Trahearne or how the botanists are trying to heal the land and the relationship with the oakhearts? Why can't you ask him how he, as a diplomatic to Kryta, ended up in Orr? Why can't you ask King Reza why the royals are attempting to protect the reliquaries and why they chose the gods they did? Why can't you ask him the significance of the reliquaries and their history to the ancient people of Orr, where and what he has been doing since he was freed or a 1000 other questions relating to the history of the land and people of Orr? Without these potential interactions I feel like the story just doesn't have the depth it deserves and, in ep 6 for e.g., results in most people following the green stars and skimming through the new map incredibly quickly with little idea about the significance of the people you meet, the sights you see and the actions you take. As well being able to talk to the people you meet more it would do wonders to the depth of the story if you could talk to the people important to you. A super quick (and i imagine relatively easy) implementation of this would by the addition of an optional yellow star on top of the green for example. You could zoom through the story if you wish but you could also visit these yellow stars to check in on Marjory to see how she's recovering, check up on Kasmeer to see how she and the other humans are dealing with one of their freaking gods coming back, check up on Taimi to see how she's dealing with the discovery that killing dragons could end it all and so many other potential options and questions we could have answered. These would be simple text conversations, no voice acting needed. I believe the developers are caged in golden handcufts atm. They feel like any story has to be delivered through high production (and often incredible) instances. I think it would do wonders to the story to have both, high production for the big moments and then lots and lots of low production where you can simply talk to people without voice acting to add depth to the characters around you and the epic journey you are undertaking. TLDR: Atm all story is delivered through high production, often amazing, but short instances. I think it would do wonders to the depth of the story and our investment with it if there was way more opportunities to talk to the characters around us about the story we're undertaking. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Jul 2017 02:37 PM PDT A few days ago I log in and get "Error Code: 45:6:3:2157" the message I get is that I have been banned for 22 hours for buying items with real world money and it's all been removed from my account. I have never and will never purchase gold/items through a third party. I send support a ticket asking what's up, I haven't received anything, no gold no items. I tell them I had bought $40 USD worth of gems in the past week and provided receipt numbers and that I had helped and been helped by people in ember bay jumping puzzle. I had sent about 20g to various mesmers. I get no response to this ticket but I understand it takes 72 hours and support have always been helpful before this so I'm not bummed. After the 22 hours are up I get in game and the first thing I'm greeted by is 500g in the mail from a stranger http://i.imgur.com/jOTNWUh.png I'm also missing 500g from my account wallet (anet never told me exactly what they took from my account, only that it was gold. luckily I had a screenshot I took earlier so I used it to compare to my wallet after the suspension) I add the character name to my friends list to find out its account name and number, they're offline so I can't ask them why they sent me this (they've been offline the entire time since) I add this info to my ticket, that I hadn't actually received any gold it's still in the mailbox. The account name and number of the sender. I tell support that had I been online when I was sent this I would have returned it for being far too generous. I've returned tips to people before because I have a stupid amount of gold and 500g is way too goddamn much for leading people around a JP. I ask them what do I do with the gold in my inbox Three days later I get a response saying that the sender sent gold to me that was gained illegally, and that its possible that it was an accident but that's the reason for your suspension. I'm not told what to do with the inbox gold Fine but that doesn't help me much, some rando idiot sends me gold they got from GW2GOLDNOSCAM.BIZ and I'm now 500 gold poorer and I have a bunch of illegal gold in my inbox. After this the responses come really quick to whatever I send them, their response time is much quicker these days then it was back in 2013 when a guild mate had to sort out a similar problem (I sent gold to a guild mate to help him with his legendary and he got banned for gold buying, it was overturned) I tell them that I actually haven't received any gold that it's still in my inbox. I hadn't even opened or viewed the mail until after I got my account back as it was sent to me when I was offline. I had no time to send it back or report it and that I can prove all this with screenshots. I ask them what do I do with the gold in my inbox a second time I get a similar response, that gold was taken from your account and you were banned because gold was sent to you illegally but please send us your screenshots. I'm not told what to do with the inbox gold I send them the screenshots, I repeat that I had no idea about the gold until after the suspension, I had no time to send it back or report it. I ask what to do with the gold in my inbox a third time This time I'm told yet again that the currency is illegal but with the addition that I should avoid problems like this in the future by not purchasing gold through a third party and that my punishments will increase if I keep doing it (wut) I'm not told what to do with the inbox gold At this point I'm not sure parts of my messages are being read I repeat that I didn't receive any gold and for the fourth and final time I ask what do I do with the gold in my inbox. Support tells me to just take the gold since 500g was already removed from my account. They also tell me if I ever get sent more, to return to sender I'm happy with this response, I thank them for their help but add that I would have returned it to sender had I been online at the time and had I not been banned the instant it was sent. I tell them they should wait till a person who is sent gold actually presses TAKE ALL before you ban them so they get a chance to return it if they're offline at the time. I ask them if someone sends me a massive amount of gold again to please wait till I can return to sender They say they cant make guarantees and to contact them with a screenshot and return gold to sender in future Welp... this is what I did do apart from returning the gold since I was was banned and had gold taken from me before I even saw the mail. Returning it would have removed any evidence of me not actually accepting it in the first place. i didn't bother mentioning this I don't think it'll do anything And that's pretty much it. Sorry if it was boring but I hope it can help anyone who has a similar issue in the future on what they should do. My experience with support was fairly frustrating but the speed at which it happend was good, much better than waiting a week+ like the old days I think ANET should make some changes on when they hand out bans, they really should give someone time to return the gold or at least see if they accept before banning them or hell how about talking to them ingame. [link] [comments] | ||
| Video demonstration of the new Juggernaut projectile on a revenant. Posted: 29 Jul 2017 06:41 PM PDT Didn't see this posted yet, so figured I'd share. I made Juggernaut specifically for my revenant, so this was a very welcome change! Note that the projectile changes hue in the same way as the effect applied to the armor. It may look quite different from one map to the next, ranging from almost black to almost white, and every hue of silver and light gold in between. I've included three different maps to demonstrate this, but the effects of Juggernaut, including this projectile, are unique to almost every map. The final clip demonstrates that no other revenant hammer abilities were changed by this update, as expected. [link] [comments] | ||
| My experience with CM100 thus far... Posted: 29 Jul 2017 04:50 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 29 Jul 2017 03:58 PM PDT | ||
| Sometimes I wish that characters would make a remark about the passing of time. (Spoilers) Posted: 29 Jul 2017 05:11 PM PDT I feel like the impact of certain sequences is drowned by how few people seem to care about the passing of time within the world of Tyria. Maybe, just maybe, the fight against self-doubt would have been more impactful for some people, if there was a clue other than the date of the quest in the journal interface, that 2 years have passed since the death of Eir Stegalkin and Trahearne, and the feeling of guilt about this is still haunting the nightmares of the commander. I know for a fact that, at least for me, the commander seems a lot more fragile with this information in the back of my head. And I like this. Just how with it, it makes perfect sense that all characters have turned into jaded, bitter shadows of their former selves because they have been fighting a desperate uphill battle against these terrible forces of nature for 5 years. And I think a more viable way to convey this to players than a calendar year, is to make characters talk about it. From the top of my head, Taimi could explain that after spending the last 2 years of her life with research in the dragon lab she's going to miss the place. Or if Claw Island is ever going to be referenced a second time, the PC could make a remark that it's been 5 years since they last went there. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Jul 2017 08:07 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 29 Jul 2017 04:18 PM PDT Why there are so many complains? I remember time when people were so excited and called it OP. Im playing condi reaper for few days and this profession is very pleasant to play I can say. Anyway I can see lots of reapers on HoT meta events. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Jul 2017 05:50 AM PDT Minor spoilers from earlier seasons and Guild Wars 1. What we know: The charr used the Cauldron of Cataclysm, given to them indirectly by Abaddon, to invade Ascalon, which was said to be powered by "ancient entities fallen into sleep and quiescence". https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cauldron_of_Cataclysm The aftermath of this spell massively represents the magic of Kralkatorrik (who we know was asleep nearby), with huge purple crystals covering the land. Vizier Khilbron, corrupted by Abaddon, read from the Lost Scrolls during the charr invasion of Orr, sinking the country, turning himself into an undead lich, and raising many of the casualties of Orr as an undead army. The aftermath of this spell massively represents the magic of Zhaitan (who we know was asleep right beneath Orr). The Lost Scrolls had been locked away by the Gods, far beneath Orr, prior to the Vizier getting his hands on them, and spoke of forbidden magic. The Apostate, a Margonite who turned against Abaddon in GW1, wrote The Book of the All, which described the balance that the Elder Dragons bring to the world (though he did not necessarily know that the entities he referred to were Elder Dragons). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Map_of_the_All Abaddon's desperate attempt to escape his prison was very close to (and thus perhaps spurred on by) the awakening of Primordus, who was the first Elder Dragon to awaken. What can we speculate on?: Abaddon set in motion both spells. He knew what they were, and what they'd do. As the keeper of secrets, he may well have been the one who wrote the Lost Scrolls, and perhaps they were hidden away by the other Gods at the same time they decided to re-seal the bloodstone and restrict magic once again. Or at the time Abaddon waged war on them. Abaddon knew how to tap into the magic of the Elder Dragons. Would this have drained them like batteries? Would they have grown weaker? If their magic had been regularly sapped by humans, would more of their magic be seeping into Tyria, leading to an earlier awakening? Would it even work like that?; would using the Elder Dragons' as a power source for our own spells have 'stolen' magic from them? Would unrestricted magic, and the ability to use the Elder Dragon's own magic, have better prepared humans against the future rise of the Elder Dragons? Had they awakened early, would humans have been in a stronger position than they are today? - with access to unrestricted magic and the ability to use the Dragons as a power source for their own spells? With humans tapping into the magic of the Elder Dragons, would they have replaced the Dragons as the beings controlling the balance of energies in the world? Could the Dragons have been killed, or left weakened and asleep beneath the ground to be used as power sources? How powerful could humans have been in comparison to the Elder Dragons? We know that humans are capable of harnessing great magical power because Kormir, as a human, was able to absorb Abaddon's power upon defeating him and ascend to Godhood. Perhaps Abaddon sought not for humans to replace the Dragons, but for the Gods themselves to do so. The Apostate in GW1 says he turned against Abaddon because he did not believe him to be an eternal God. He knew that there were Gods before him, and that his power could be supplanted, but perhaps this was not the only reason. Perhaps Abaddon's plan was to disrupt the balance of energies in the world by killing or replacing the Elder Dragons, and this worried the Apostate, evidenced by the book he wrote. Abaddon's motivations for doing what he did are still officially unknown, but I feel fairly certain he meant to disrupt the balance of 'the All', possibly with the intention of replacing the Elder Dragons. Then again, maybe he was just plain evil and wanted to destroy Tyria, or use the Dragon's magic for personal gain. But in my opinion, that makes for an uninteresting villain. [link] [comments] | ||
| Guild Wars 2 Lore | She who will not be named | Spoilers Posted: 29 Jul 2017 12:15 PM PDT | ||
| Please add Return to Checkpoint Special Action key to Chalice of Tears Jumping Puzzle! Posted: 29 Jul 2017 04:26 PM PDT This is a QoL improvement that just needs to happen. Both Searing Ascent and Abaddon's Ascent have Return to Checkpoint special action key, so if you miss jump or fall you can at least start at the last check point. And well there are tons of reasons why this needs to be a thing in CoT, the number one reason is if you fall over the lava pit going to fifth check point from fourth you lose your check point and have to start over. Please Anet add this. Thank you! [link] [comments] | ||
| Please remember to keep putting retry motes in any instance with hard achievements Posted: 28 Jul 2017 07:26 PM PDT Its my understanding that there are 3 teams that work on LS 3 content Team 1(BSF,LD), Team 2(EB,DM) and Team 3(BFF,SL). So far team 1 and 2 have been doing well as to put retry motes in/ have shorter instances whenever they add in a potentially annoying achievement. However Team 3 has failed this for both of their releases. Looking back at A Crack in the Ice there was an Ice Beast at the Very end of the last instance that you had to avoid getting frozen. If you were running threw that instance with the explicit intention to get that achievement and you messed up and got frozen you had to do the entire instance again. I remember players suggesting AFKing outside of the arena and letting Braham kill the boss just so you could guarantee not getting frozen. Now we have Dodger Danger, Hold the Line and Precision Blade. Hold the Line and Precision Blade being the biggest offenders as they are not easy unless cheezed, have long unskippable cut scenes and dialogue beforehand and most importantly NO RETRY MOTE. Team 2 did a great example of how this should be handled when they addded the Fancy Flying achievement. They knew it would suck to get hit by a fireball and have to relog, renter instance, relisten to dialogue THEN get another shot at it. So I ask this of any future instance creators that put achievements in there, please add retry motes as often as possible./EndRant [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Jul 2017 03:00 AM PDT So, yes, this is an appreciation post; I do not like mindlessly praising and jumping on bandwagons
Yes, mistakes were made on the way, but luckily, most got corrected shortly after in later patches, and yes, there are things which are not "perfect" by themselves, but they are still so much better than you could expect from a B2P MMO with microtransactions. And it feels like we're finally on a stable release schedule with the still most fair business model in any MMO that strives to deliver above-the-industry-average level of content! Cheers! [link] [comments] | ||
| Tons of Ember Bay - Chalice of Tears JP Runs with portals today from 12:20 until midnight Posted: 29 Jul 2017 04:56 AM PDT I will be hosting two Chalice of Tears Jumping Puzzle runs with mesmer portals today starting from 12:20 server time(GMT). 29/07/17 SQUAD WILL BE ON ALL DAY LONG. IF IT'S CLOSED, THE JP RUN IS UNDER WAY. THE NEXT ONE SHOULD START AFTER A 30-45 MINS BREAK! EACH RUN SHOULD TAKE ~30 MINS What are we going to get?
What will you need?
How/When to join? Type "/squadjoin Crystal Scarlet" to join. I'll create the squad around 30 minutes prior to the event. Try to come at least 15 minutes before the event starts. Contact You can whisper me throughout the day if you have any questions. [link] [comments] | ||
| Xaina's HP Tour TONIGHT [EU-Event] Posted: 29 Jul 2017 03:22 AM PDT What I expect from you:
What you can expect from me:
Type in '/sqjoin Xainas Hp Tour' in chat at 20.00 CEST 29.07.2017. PM me ingame and I send out an invite to our hp tour guild. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from /r/GuildWars2: hOrrible patch day. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment