World of Warcraft - Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread


Tanking Tuesday - Your Weekly Tanking Thread

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 03:08 AM PDT

Welcome to Tanking Tuesday, your weekly thread for everything related to standing in front of mobs and saying "HIT ME" and taking it like a champ. There is class specific advice below, but you can also post general questions that you have pertaining to tanking of any kind.


New to WoW? Start here! | PvP with us! | Guide to Pet Battles | Other guides | FAQ

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

The Tomb Compendium

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 04:16 AM PDT

After the success of the Nighthold Compendium I am back to aid in our final preparations for Tomb of Sargeras. I've gathered together different guides and materials so that we can read them all in one place (and so that we have something to link that one slacker that never does any research).

 

Tomb Boss Kill 'quick guide'
For when you didn't expect to be brought in on the first night
- N/H Minimalist Guide (by Vetaro)

 

Comprehensive Written Guides
For when you forgot half of the boss abilities and need something for your second monitor
- N/H Boss Introductions (By MMO-Champion)
- N/H Tomb Boss Summaries (By Icy Veins)
- N/H/M In-depth Tomb Survival Guide (By Wowhead)
- H In-depth Boss Strategy & Discussion (By Group Two)

 

Kill Videos
For when seeing really is believing
- H Boss Previews (By Fatboss)

 

Tomb Loot
For when you're more interested in what happens when the bosses are dead
- Tomb Healer Trinkets
- Tomb Loot Guide
- DPS Tier Set Comparisons

   

FAQ
Is there an attunement?
Nope, there are no raid attunements this expansion. Your Legionfall rep is of no use here.

 

When can I upgrade my legendaries to 970?
New legendaries will drop at 970. From this week you can manually upgrade any you already have by collecting 50 Writhing Essence as part of a quest you can pick up in Dalaran (or from your weekly M+ chest). The Essence drop from handing in emissaries, PVP weekly quests, raid boss kills and your weekly M+ box. If you complete most of the content you can expect to upgrade a couple a week. The unlimited token was PTR-only.

 

Where can I follow the world first race?
The Method website offers in depth coverage of the race (even when Method aren't winning).

 

Good luck! We've got this.

 

submitted by /u/Voulk
[link] [comments]

The real reason no one plays Paladins anymore

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 04:38 AM PDT

Kil'jaeden Defeat Cinematic - Good Sound

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 12:37 PM PDT

After killing KJ

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 10:33 AM PDT

RP & Chill in Pandaria When Suddenly Argus

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 01:15 PM PDT

I made a 3d model of what I think a Daelin Proudmoore/Kul Tiras memorial might look like.

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 07:46 AM PDT

[Underlight Angler] Finally, the deed is done.

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 01:24 PM PDT

Razorscale you said? We got it.

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 12:36 PM PDT

No legendary upgrade quest. DO NOT LOOT YOUR CHEST

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 08:12 AM PDT

As many people, I assumed the legendary upgrade stuff was coming out today. And since Blizzard said you don't need to have the quest to get the items.. I looted the chest and no quest items.

submitted by /u/FMFLWOW
[link] [comments]

ToS - DPS (Ranged) Cheat-Sheet

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 07:07 AM PDT

I created a little cheat-sheet, based on mmo-champs ToS guides. Included are all mechanics that affect ranged DPS during the 9 boss encounters in ToS. I will update the sheet if anything changes and include mythic mechanics as soon as I can. Hopefully some people find this useful, as I used to create those sheets for myself and always found that they were quite handy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NT5Tjh9WdWx8l64CTlvUwBrwAiF-f5FtHkjZkVUBH8k/edit?usp=sharing

submitted by /u/LaikenVakar
[link] [comments]

Tomb of Sargeras Guide

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 06:23 AM PDT

Guide using several different sources and testing for Tomb of Sargeras. Let me know if you have any constructive criticism/feedback. I'll continue to update this as new strategies and ideas come out.

http://imgur.com/aRk6HC0

PDF (Higher Resolution): https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfjj540h6m51mvw/Ghostlights%20Tomb%20of%20Sargeras.pdf?dl=0

submitted by /u/SnoopaTroopa
[link] [comments]

Frost Mage be like

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 03:41 AM PDT

Crafted leggos are ilvl 1000 instead of 970?

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 09:23 AM PDT

Completing a +15 this week will increase your rewards for next week's weekly cache.

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 11:25 AM PDT

A flashback to how it was - DLC - 560

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 01:29 AM PDT

I've made an alternative to the Twitch/Curse client for mass-updating WoW addons

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 01:17 PM PDT

https://github.com/kuhnerdm/wow-addon-updater

So, I've been meaning to do this for a while now, since the Twitch/Curse client is... pretty awful. In short, this utility lets you edit a text file with Curse links to the addons you want to keep updated, and you just run a file to go through and update all of them at once. All the details are on the Github page linked above. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to comment here, message me on here, or go through any of the methods on the Github page. Hopefully this helps some people out :)

submitted by /u/Derek_MK
[link] [comments]

For those who did not get Writhing Essences from their box, do submit a ticket! I received them in the mail.

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 12:10 PM PDT

Somebody still has the Twilight Cultist buff (pre-Cataclysm event)

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 12:05 AM PDT

What is "that one" guildie known for?

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 10:59 AM PDT

We have a rogue in our guild that just sits in Thunder Bluff whenever they're on. Whenever they log on I check the roster and there they are. Never says a word in G chat, just logs for a few hours, sits in TB then logs out. I've wanted to pst and ask wtf they're doing, but don't want to seem nosey. So what does your resident guild weirdo do?

submitted by /u/BigTits_MaGee
[link] [comments]

Duncan Jones reveals what his story would have been for Warcraft 2

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 05:26 AM PDT

Writhing essence sources?

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 09:10 AM PDT

I got 20 from my mythic cache, but I was wonder what other sources there are.

submitted by /u/hockeypup
[link] [comments]

Crafted legendaries are now Ilvl 970

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 08:24 AM PDT

see Title

submitted by /u/Termvel
[link] [comments]

New Player Thoughts

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 02:36 AM PDT

Hi, I'm Emma. Earlier this week there was a post on the front page of this sub from a new player asking for help. It seemed to warm everyones cockles so I thought I'd make a post describing my first few days playing WoW.

I have a big background in gaming, from RuneScape, CoD, League of Legends, Overwatch and many, many single player games. I was getting pretty bored of my usual games so decided I'd try something new. WoW was a game I always wanted to play but all of the content seemed very overwhelming, especially when I was concentrating on other games. I had previously played the free trial at some point a few years ago but for no more than maybe a day or two, as I was too focused on whatever I was playing at the time. For whatever reason I decided I'd play the free trial of WoW and see if I liked it.

Starting out, I played around with a few different classes and races before I settled on a Panda Hunter. In RuneScape my favourite combat style is magic, but I didn't like that you had to stand still to cast most of your spells, and I didn't really enjoy meleeing. I liked the starter quests in this area, it had a good story and introduced me to some of the lore of the Pandas. Saying this, I didn't really like the area itself, and I was glad when I was leaving. I decided to choose Alliance so after finishing the starter quests I was off to Stormwind.

When I got to Stormwind, it kinda put into perspective about how big this game world is. I was looking at the map, at all the areas and it just seems like a really massive game. This also meant I had so much to learn about it. I took whatever quests were available in the area and I was off doing them for a good few days. One thing of note is that I was supposed to be going to Westfall, and took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in Duskwood. I was only level 13/14 or so and kept dying to some kind of spiders. I probably died and ran back about 5 times before I managed to get away. I got lost and ended up in Twilight Grove, where I met a level 110 who helped me get on my way to Westfall. I spent the next couple of days questing and levelling. I really like some of the quests but eventually doing the same run to here, talk to this person, kill X of X and bring me what they drop can become a bit repetitive. I had added some people from Reddit when I asked for help, one of them being /u/xXx420-N05c0p3xXx. He came online and taught me about mounts, and took me to the Deadmines for my first dungeon experience.

I won't lie, /u/xXx420-N05c0p3xXx did all of the work for the dungeon but I learned a lot about what to expect from them next time. I had fun going around and looting the corpses, see the bosses and just doing something else other than questing. I decided the next day I'd quest a bit more and then try a dungeon with a group of people using the dungeon finder.

The next day, I added more people from Reddit who were all very kind, helpful and patient when answering my questions. Another one was /u/Ordrinn who actually had a character around my level on my realm, so we levelled up a bit together and did a dungeon too.

Since then, I've got to level 37 by running quests and dungeons. I'm really enjoying dungeons, and I've learned a lot about the game too. I decided to choose Marksmanship as my spec, and I'm really enjoying combat with it. Everyone is kind and patient when I tell them I'm new, and so far I haven't had any bad experiences with the game. It's so refreshing to see such a friendly community, it's one of the most important features of a game. One more thing that happened is that I found a guild, and everyone there is so understanding of me being new and they go out of their way to help me out. Only yesterday one of the members took me from Stormwind to the Wailing Caverns on their mount, a tram and a boat just so I could hand a quest in. I really do like the community, especially after having experienced some not-so-friendly communities in the past. So far I'm having a blast with the game and can't wait to get my own flying mount, that is my goal at the moment. I'm still a way off but I'm looking forward to it.

TL:DR Started the game last week, your community is ace and I'm having a blast with quests and dungeons.

submitted by /u/emmerr1
[link] [comments]

How to quit wow

Posted: 20 Jun 2017 12:23 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.