Pokémon GO - THE GYMS ARE LIVE!


THE GYMS ARE LIVE!

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 12:44 PM PDT

The new gyms are now open!

At least in Sweden Linköping. Happy hunting, RUN!


EDIT: Apparently there is some issues with getting a gym badge, I placed about 6-7 pokémon in gyms when they were empty without getting a badge, but when me and my SO took down a gym I got the badge

If you haven't gotten a badge, don't worry too much it might be a bug, enjoy some new gym action!

EDIT 2: Raids are apparently maybe live? The raid eggs are at least showing up our mod pk2317 couldn't join at level 36. Any more info on this would be appreciated!

EDIT 3: As many users posted about if you fight a gym with a teammate and you can't place a pokémon in the gym together with your friend, go to another gym then come back! thanks /u/TriflingHotDogVendor next time inform me before I go home to edit this post ;) Apparently this isn't the case? Any info is appreciated (tag me with /u/madlollipop) meanwhile it will be considered a bug.

EDIT 4: It's confirmed that you can max have 20 pokémon in a gym at one given time.

You get coins when your pokémon returns to you after having it's motivation drop to 0. The rumors for now is about 1 coin per 1 hour. Lag/issues might cause you to not see your coins before restarting your game.

There's generally lag and some server issues which might cause issues when battling or placing your pokémon in gyms, hang in there :)

submitted by /u/Madlollipop
[link] [comments]

[News] Raid beta is available for everyone level 35 and above!

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:00 PM PDT

As you can see here raids are available for beta but you must be level 35, and this is rolling out in select gyms.

Please report reposts of this news.

submitted by /u/zslayer89
[link] [comments]

Everyone right now

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 08:01 AM PDT

Let's Do Some Math: How Long Does It Take For a Pokemon to Earn $1.00 USD?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:43 PM PDT

Pokemon earn 1 Coin an hour.
The Pokemon Go Shop Charges 99 cents for 100 coins (let's just round this up to a dollar). That's one cent an hour.
One Pokemon must successfully hold a gym for a total of 100 HOURS. to make ONE DOLLAR.
If this was a standard 40-hour work week. A pokemon would be half-way through its THIRD work week, before it made a dollar at a rate of slightly less than a penny an hour.

I think our Pokemon should Unionize.

submitted by /u/Bbilbo1
[link] [comments]

[Humor] Me during the Raid Beta...

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:19 PM PDT

[Discussion] I just got Draitini candy for feeding a dragonite at the gym!

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:15 PM PDT

I was just feeding berries to a Dragonite at a local gym when I got a draitini candy from it what an awesome encouragement!

submitted by /u/MerlotGaming
[link] [comments]

I completed a Raid Battle by myself.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:59 PM PDT

Gym sniping is back. Worse than before.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:37 PM PDT

I had just finished work and grudgingly started the walk back home, but hey at least it's nice out. I booted up PoGo to walk my Larvitar and then I saw it. A big ol' 2.5k Snorlax atop the local gym. In all it's glory even if it wasn't my team. I was so excited. I sprinted to the gym. I sat there for 30 minutes defeating it...except.. the last battle. Someone drove up and joined in for the last 2 hits. And when I went to put in my beloved, it was Mystic. I can't believe Niantic overlooked priority for who lowered motivation by over 2k opposed to the...20 the other guy did. Regardless I took him out and claimed my prize. The new system is really cool and I love it but...the sniping...may become a huge problem again. I hope this was a one off experiance. Needless to say, go get 'em folks.

Tl;dr: Had an epic battle between a Snorlax and Dragonite which concluded with me being sniped in a driveby Mystic shooting.

submitted by /u/Red_Velvet_Nite
[link] [comments]

Accurate Loading Screen for Raids

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 11:49 AM PDT

[complaint] Sorry niantic, you screwed the pooch.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:59 PM PDT

Why on earth did you make it so hard to take down a gym? I don't want to have to fight one Pokémon 6-8 times to knock it out of a gym? Why do I had to take out a gyrados 6 times to kick it out?

Also, the berry system is a disaster in general. If you live in an apartment complex, or go to a gym near an apartment or office, there is likely a person feeding berries OVER AND OVER again...makes it impossible to make a dent in a gym. I fought one twice through, all 6 mons, and the prestige meter is full again already.

Finally....FIX THE SPOOFING. It is bad enough when someone is there legitimately feeding berries...it is hard enough to take out a gym...now imagine the frustration when a spoofer is feeding berries while you battle.

I am really disappointed. Essentially, as a solo player, this locks me out of gyms. Even a level one gym can take 8 battles to take down. I was extremely excited about the new system, but instead am about ready to quit.

submitted by /u/Alvarez09
[link] [comments]

First complaint: No coins if someone immediately takes your gym

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:28 PM PDT

Vaporen just died, had him in a gym I took 10 minutes ago. No coins when he came back.

So now we have rural players never getting coins because nobody is killing your pokemon, and players in active areas dont get coins because they dont keep gyms for long enough. At least we're all getting shit on at once this time instead of just rural players!

submitted by /u/C9_Lemonparty
[link] [comments]

[Idea] What if the background while catching Pokemon reflected the biome you are currently in?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:08 AM PDT

For example, if you were in a desert biome, there would be a desert behind the Pokemon instead of grass (when not in AR mode).

EDIT: Link w/ artwork. /u/liehon thought of it first, and made some awesome artwork to go with it. I wonder the likelihood of this becoming a reality, happy to see it's gotten support. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/5x4iu3/suggestion_even_more_extra_stuff_biomes_and_where/

submitted by /u/fatbutteryergos
[link] [comments]

Pokemon in gyms earn 1 coin/hour

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:06 PM PDT

I snagged 12 gyms initially. 3 were returned under an hour. 1 was returned just over an hour. I received 1 coin. Extrapolating = 1 coin per hour. Must have at least 1 hour in to collect.

Edit. Minor text fixes, additional edits below

Coins were at 240 - increased to 241 = 1 change in coin for 1 pokemon returned just over the 1 hour mark

There must be another mechanic in play as well. Just had #5 returned with no change in coins. Fairly certain it was over the 1 hour mark.

A total of 2 X Snorlax and 2 X Vaporeon returned No Coins. 1 Blissey returned with 1 Coin.

4 more Pokémon returned for a total of 7 more coins. They earned at a rate of 1/hour

Just received another 1 back...5 coins for 5 hours. Have now received a total of 13 coins

I am up to 26 total coins after more Pokémon were returned. Seem to be based on 1/hour as hypothesized before

submitted by /u/CCCmonster
[link] [comments]

Bag limit now 1,500 items

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 04:54 PM PDT

So is this what the new raid bosses are going to look like ����

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 05:20 PM PDT

[Screenshot] Like a Tauros in a glass museum

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:40 AM PDT

Did niantic just f*cked up the whole end-game?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 04:51 PM PDT

~~We were waiting for a real end-game for such a long time, and we got this? I mean i love the new animation before each fight, the ability that we can get out of the fights (again you dont let us change pokemon between fights, was that so difficult to implement?), gyms are now pokestops, and all those things are cool and all but,

did you really thought that 1 coin per hour will motivate people to attack gyms?

While all the bugs are still there, the same mindless tapping combat (i am fine with that, but not everyone is), not a single reward for fighting yet again, that's been asked since release.

And now you shove our throats that we can't even get coins, since its now impossible for many of us to hold gyms for more than 30 minutes, not to mention hours that you want us to do.

While all the spoofers/bots (have an even easier time now) jump around and already have 20 gyms, with 6 accounts right away throwing them in there and getting everything quite easily, and still 0 bans,

I still see the same spoofers i was seeing since 8-9 months ago with the same multi-accounts (same name, different number) reported countless times but still there.

Playing solo is pointless since you wont be able to hold a gym for long, but even if you have a team and you go all together its the same thing, you again wont be able to do much, or get rewarded as much as before.

I don't know i feel like the current system will just make most of players quit for good and not look back, i hope this is all a lie, a bug i don't know, but something needs to change quick before its too late.

~~

submitted by /u/Vissarionn
[link] [comments]

Gym near me is a mural of Kevin Spacey's face...

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:15 PM PDT

A gym near me is a big mural of Kevin Spacey's face. With the new gym style it looks pretty daunting... http://imgur.com/5HnF5sl

submitted by /u/thisismyorange
[link] [comments]

There's a PokeBall on top of this building!

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 12:35 PM PDT

Gyms are now available! Visit your nearest Gym and collect your first Gym Badge.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 12:43 PM PDT

Update is forced!!!

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:08 AM PDT

Some people posted on The Silph Road that the update is forced on IOS and Android. Hype!!!!!!!!!!

submitted by /u/Fabian-Anghel
[link] [comments]

The Gym Rework needs a rework, its too punishing.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:09 PM PDT

As the title says, it is just way too punishing for many players. Now, a lot of you say "give it some time, it's too early. Well, let me tell you for my area I already know the outcome, it isn't too early as it's already happening.

This system punishes:

High Turn Over Areas

One Dominant Areas

Casual Players

Rural Players

Now the high turn over may even out as many of you have said giving it time, but the rest isn't happening.

Don't think I need to explain how it hurts High Turn Over

One Dominant Team Area

For my area we have a few gyms and pokestops that were dominated by Instinct. Before we could go around knock out their gyms at level 10 and keep them in check a bit as a solo player (partner and I) because before, they still had to prestige it all the way back up for this group of (6 or so) Instinct players. We'd get our coins and move on. As for today, we got a whooping three coins, and they've already filled all the gyms. It won't matter if we go knock them down (which seems to take more time) only to be rewarded with a few coins (maybe none at all), before at least one of them comes back, and due to few Valor players it won't be hard for them to do so because they can just throw all their pokemon back in, without the need of prestiging. Combine this with being rural. It's just demotivating to my partner and I. And with raids being tied to gyms and the more participating team gets more items? Yea, probably not gonna ever be on that receiving end.

Casual Players

This one is up for more debate, as it has its pros and cons for both. Cons being if you aren't playing as much, you'll never keep up with this motivation system, you won't earn a bit of coins here and there to save up for a incubator or whatever you wanted. Although it may be easier for a casual to battle a gym due to CP lowering mechanic, them keeping in one even with a decent pokemon doesn't seem as likely to happen.

Rural players

This one should be obvious. Less gym spots, longer distances, not as many items. It will be hard to maintain any pokemon in a gym if you need to drive a couple miles every day to feed or place a pokemon, if you're lucky others won't do that as much and you may keep a pokemon past the 10 hour mark to net the coins you'd use to get.

Overall, it brought some good things more pokemon being useful in the meta (although this would have occurred with just the STAB and SE changes without the gym rework just not as much) and gyms being pokestops, but for me thats where all the good things stop.

For my partner and I this will probably be it, it was annoying fighting off the other team before but now its neigh impossible, they had to at least take time to prestige before, and with few pokemon it was much quicker for us to wipe out the gym and get our coins. 5 battles to take out 1 single pokemon? I don't think so, it isn't for us. And I don't even need to mention how spoofers and such can still abuse this system as it's already been touched on in several posts.

Changes I'd like to see.

Initial Coin bonus

Faster motivation through battle if low amount of pokemon in the gym. (If its only a single pokemon defending it'll decrease faster because it has no help, that's demotivating to me)

And maybe a bit slower decay, I haven't personally seen that in action yet so I can't say.

I understand Niantic wanted to combat stagnation and to keep people invested in gyms I really don't see how this is going to achieve that for a lot of us around the world.

submitted by /u/RequiemFenrir
[link] [comments]

for all the discarded nanab berries

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:30 PM PDT

It started off as a joke...but everyone knew this would happen.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:14 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/gallery/lSLoH

Didn't even take an hour for the gyms to become meta saturated.

Resubmitted for breaking Rule 2 (how am I supposed to make this AR???)

submitted by /u/quiksilver1029
[link] [comments]

An Ode to the old gym system.

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:46 AM PDT

[Humor] Found a Shiny Pidgey wannabe

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 10:06 AM PDT

Do you click on the "Raid" tab every time you open up the app, even though you know it's not ready?

Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:01 AM PDT

I read somewhere that they won't be ready until the beginning of the July.. but still I click it because you know.. just in case.. ;)

Edit: Source of suspicion

submitted by /u/epicdang
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.