Learn Dota 2 - Requesting advice from 4K+ MID players |
- Requesting advice from 4K+ MID players
- Eye of Skadi vs Shiva's Guard
- Anyone else thinks that WR invisibility talent is OP as hell?
- 2.5k-2.8k MMR offlane Clockwerk (Replay analysis request)
- What could I have done?
- How to find out what you don't know and what the BIG problems in your game are? [long]
- How to easily control non-hero units?
- Strongest laners among safe lane carries?
- What to do during an MMR loss-streak?
- Clinkz skill build question
- I'm not too sure why I lost this match? [Analysis Request]
- I want to be a good Arc Warden player, and I have a 28.6% winrate on the hero
- Why does it say my level is 1? I should be level 15
- My best role is jungler, how do I transition to other roles?
- What level should a Support be?
- Greedy pulls on supports
- What do you guys think about this site?
- How to play OD, or midders in general?
| Requesting advice from 4K+ MID players Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:46 PM PDT 3.8K. I want to go back to learning mid again.
[link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 05:43 PM PDT Skadi and Shiva's both seemingly have a lot of overlap in what they do. Yet I'm constantly picking Skadi because the stats are just really hard to pass up. What situations is Shiva's better? [link] [comments] |
| Anyone else thinks that WR invisibility talent is OP as hell? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:57 AM PDT At level 20 the game is going late game which means less space for dust and other detection items. I fkin hate playing against WR nowdays. She just keeps running around invisible and spamming stun and ulti. So scary if you are carry. [link] [comments] |
| 2.5k-2.8k MMR offlane Clockwerk (Replay analysis request) Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:52 PM PDT Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys can help me improve on my offlane clockwerk. Any tips and notes on how to approach fights, when to cogs, and when not to. Also I was also wondering how can I fix my habit of not farming through mid to late game. I'd also like to know what I could do better in lane to get more exp, because the Bloodseeker in the enemy safe lane was kinda controlling the lane. Any insight would absolutely wonderful! Thanks again! Match ID: 3266509759 DotaBuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3266509759 [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:47 PM PDT I've been on a losing streak for quite a while now (with some wins here and there) but mainly losing. I tried my best to fulfill my roles in the game but every time it seems the enemy team would outplay us. The game I linked is one of the games where I feel helpless. Did we get outdrafted or I'm just bad at the game? https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3267419296 Edit: I was the silencer [link] [comments] |
| How to find out what you don't know and what the BIG problems in your game are? [long] Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:49 AM PDT So ... my partner and I just calibrated our 2 stack party MMR after a year+ of playing unranked. Turns out we're potato tier. Like ... really quite tuber. (1k or thereabouts.) Let me make it very clear we know there must be reason we are at this tier. I accept that I am at this tier because I belong at it. Further, I am not saying that matchmaking is broken. We read this sub very regularly. We read other sources for learning Dota. We watch pro games. (Admittedly we could watch our own games more often.) We review after most games and talk about what we did well, what we did badly, and what we learned. We know there's probably small things holding us back. Our last hitting is better than our teammates, but could be a bit better still. Our positioning has improved, but again could be a bit better. Our itemization has improved, but we sometimes realize we made mistakes. We tend to die less than our teammates -- sometimes a lot less -- but sometimes we have a few more deaths than we'd like. Everything could be a bit better, of course, and all that contributes to our being at potato tier. We can see our theoretical knowledge is better than our teammates: we know what a last hit is, we know that supports aren't meant to auto attack and/or steal farm in lane (our games normally have supports who do those things even when asked not to, and don't ward -- we buy/place them as carries), we know it's important to keep waves pushed out, we're semi-often the only ones who hit towers after a successful teamfight, our teammates go in 1v5, etc. etc. All basic stuff to know about imo. BUT. We know there must be a reason we're being matched with our teammates. A reason we're at this tier. We figure it must be a big lacking, or several, in our play somewhere. Not just small concrete things like "get a few more last hits". But we can't figure out what the big things are that are holding us back. What it is that means we're stuck at potato tier, constantly asking our support not to attack the wave and being ignored.** We want to find out what the big problem(s) is that's holding us back, but we don't know how. I think watching my own games will tell me micro-mistakes (i.e. I mean small things I did wrong, not mistakes where I'm micro'ing illusions etc), but won't show me the big holes in my game that are the reason I'm stuck. How to find those big holes? How to figure out what it is holding me back? Thanks for any help you can give. ** (Currently, after a few experiments with taking different roles, we've settled on playing pos 1 and pos 2. Yes, we're not having the most impact we could in lane by being a core+supp in lane together, but this has the highest win rate of all combinations we tried, it means we have the most impact later game, and it fixes the problem of having a random mid player who spends most of his time out of mid and loses the lane early -- a problem we often have if a random is mid.) [link] [comments] |
| How to easily control non-hero units? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 08:20 AM PDT Is there an easy way to micro non-hero units like healing ward or elder Titan's summon? I use "select other units" to control stuff like Visage birds, but use awkward "tab" selecting or drag clicking for things that this doesn't work for. I figure that there must be an alternative hot key or setting that I don't know about. [link] [comments] |
| Strongest laners among safe lane carries? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 05:54 AM PDT In 1-2k mmr, most of the time lanes are 2-1-2. When facing agressive offlane duos, e.g. Phoenix/Skywrath, Nightstalker/Abaddon, it's impossible to zone them out and it becomes hard to survive, let alone get last hits. Supports don't know what they're doing. Which carries you think are the most self-sufficient laners who can withstand heavy harass and get their farm, and why? And what do you think about starting items, apart from RoP and PMS. How much regen should one bring, like tango, ring of regen? [link] [comments] |
| What to do during an MMR loss-streak? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 04:30 AM PDT https://www.dotabuff.com/players/122238839 After reading tons of guides, I felt that I was set for my journey to 2k MMR. I just recently found SirActionSlack's channel, and I found one of his guides to "raising MMR". So, I tried to do Slack's "keep your idiots alive" strategy by using Omniknight (my variation was with treant protector). While that strategy succeeded in the first 2 games, not so much on the last 2 treant games. So, I decided to use my best heroes, and whoop-de-doo, another 2 losses. By this point, I'm at the lowest MMR that I went to, losing 100 MMR. Is there something I'm doing wrong? What should I change? What do I do? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 02:19 PM PDT |
| I'm not too sure why I lost this match? [Analysis Request] Posted: 22 Jun 2017 10:26 AM PDT Hey guys, So I'm getting progressively worse. Partially because I stopped spamming techies and OD and partially because i lost around 300 MMR and back under 1k with a lot of throwers and ragers. I'm still not too sure how to solo carry a game and how I mess up. My friend suggested me finding "my hero" as that's how I helped him when he was trying to get to 2k (that and I told him to watch pros and such. It's ironic, I gave him 2 coaching sessions and now he's almost 3.4k. I'm at 850 MMR...). I think I'm good at antimage and bloodseaker but my buddie says otherwise. I'm better at a melee hero as my positioning for ranged is always off- I'm used to sitting next to a hero and attacking them/move attacking. Here's the match. I used to be really good at Windrunner, Zeus, and Necro. So that's who I'm trying to get back into. What could I have done better? I think I should have pressured the void more as well as gone maelstrom instead of blink, but I had the gold, so why not? This was late last night so I didn't do SUPER well. Also, if you're bored, feel free to check out this chen game and tell me what I could have done better. I feel like I spent too much time in the jungle and needed to roam/gank a little more. I had great push presence but really no ganking potential. Thanks for all of this and your time. Y'all will never understand how much these things mean to me and help me in my game play. [link] [comments] |
| I want to be a good Arc Warden player, and I have a 28.6% winrate on the hero Posted: 21 Jun 2017 10:58 PM PDT I am just losing with Arc Warden so hard every single game. And when I do win, I don't feel that I contributed anything. Right now I am spamming him in normal pubs, not in ranked (I am 4.2k solo mmr, mainly support). I'm asking for any resources that I can refer to, as I'm finding it difficult to see any errors in my play. I usually max Flux first and for items I always build it in this order: Tango + Wraith Band -> Aquila -> Brown Boots -> Midas -> Maelstorm -> Travels -> Orchid -> Situational I feel that I spend way too much time farming and split pushing and not fighting with this hero, which is something I also struggle with. Flux can be useless if enemies are close, and Magnetic field too since it has been nerfed a lot in the past. Also I find it hard to use items twice with me and my double and I often panic and spam buttons. He's just so difficult to play, at least from my point of view. Any tips? My DotaBuff if you're interested. Also, please do not say things like "AW isn't really good for the meta right now", or "This meta is all about ____ and AW doesn't offer anything for that", its quite discouraging. [link] [comments] |
| Why does it say my level is 1? I should be level 15 Posted: 22 Jun 2017 09:10 AM PDT I need level 20 to play ranked but it says I'm level 1. The trophy says I'm level 15. Going to the console my playtime level is 15 but my level is 1. WTF? [link] [comments] |
| My best role is jungler, how do I transition to other roles? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 07:29 AM PDT I prefer jungle to other roles but with the most recent patch, jungling isn't as viable anymore. I feel like when I play other roles I am not able to carry (I find that when I am safe lane carry I am solo safe lane or get a really awful dual lane) and when I play support or roaming heroes my carries aren't good at last hitting or choose to AFK farm, and my mid loses their lane most of the time. To me, having an extra core in the jungle seems worth the potential loss of some lanes (mainly because at my MMR, 3.7-3.9k, that is rarely punished). Who are the better supports/offlaners/roaming heroes that I can play to give me the best chance of winning, and who are the best safe laners if my lane will be awful? [link] [comments] |
| What level should a Support be? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 06:45 AM PDT So I've been trying to maximize my efficiency as a support, particularly in farming/XPgain. I've always considered it a good rule of thump that the position 5 support should be level 6 (or able to obtain with tome) at level 10. But I'm not sure how accurate this is. So my question for the community is; What level should I be aiming for around 10min? Further, whats the most efficient way to go about getting there? I mostly do stack/pulls in the safelane and get bountys. I will try for kills, but I feel like once I start down that path if it is unsuccessful, I have level 4 at 10 min and really fall off compared to if I just pulled and got my levels. Really just want to set a good benchmark for my lvl/farm around 10 min as a support. Thanks everyone! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Jun 2017 03:12 AM PDT When I play support and I'm pulling, I either pull through from small to large camp, or stack large. I was always told you gotta kill the lane creeps as you pull to deny enemy offlane and reset the lane. However, I was watching Singsing and he was telling his support to pull the unstacked large camp to get more farm on the support. So, should I be playing greedier as a support and doing a single pull to secure my own farm? I understand it's situational but at the moment I'll never do that unless we're going to double wave. (Im 3.7k usually play core, trying to become a more rounded player) [link] [comments] |
| What do you guys think about this site? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 01:03 AM PDT SITE: analysis.feedless.co Just login to the site using your steam account and it analyses your last 7-8 games and runs some algorithm and compares your item build with what it suggests.I tried using it and am not much satisfied as it suggest no vlad or lifesteal on troll.Its a very simple site.....and is no scam.Genuine site! Please try it and tell me what do you guys think? [link] [comments] |
| How to play OD, or midders in general? Posted: 22 Jun 2017 12:55 AM PDT My profile: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/102709030 Need tips for general mid and specifically Outworld Devourer. Early game is pretty easy, I'm not so good in mid game, late game is like between those two in difficulity :D. Just wanna tips on how to win, git gud etc. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment