Learn Dota 2 - Don't underestimate Meks and AOE in the trenches |
- Don't underestimate Meks and AOE in the trenches
- What is the difference in lanes?
- Any tips for a proper Underlord offlane/semi-support?
- Am I itemizing wrong?
- Itemization for Juggernaut
- Invoker mid match ups
- Countering tanker
- How to counter a fed Bristleback?
- Counter-picking/drafting: does it actually matter at my level?
- Can Underlord be played as a support?
- How to Lone Druid?
- What could I have done? [Lycan]
- How to play Arc Warden?
- How do u lane vs necro in mid?
- Clinks with helm of the dominator
- Limiting my hero pool to gain MMR or counterpicking?
- Tilted during a game
- What could I have done?
- Tilted during a game
- What is the best Omni right click build?
- Is it possible to learn 2 talents of the same level?
- How do you play Necrophos?
- Toggling Auto-Cast
| Don't underestimate Meks and AOE in the trenches Posted: 21 Jun 2017 07:32 AM PDT I've been winning a few games with teamfight heroes lately and I must say, with this meta in the trenches (2.5) teamfights are everything. Sure a usual match might have 4 carries too many but don't be afraid to be the AOE guy. Just earlier I had a match where I was Tidehunter "supporting" 4 melee cores. I built Mek fast and just asked my team to group up when I have my ult up. This is basically a deathball strat minus the rush towers. You have cores, no matter what happens they will scale and hit hard, make sure you keep them alive. Plus the threat of AOE will surely mess up the positioning of the opponents. [link] [comments] |
| What is the difference in lanes? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 06:49 PM PDT As the title says, what is the difference in lanes and how do you know which toons go where? [link] [comments] |
| Any tips for a proper Underlord offlane/semi-support? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:03 PM PDT Because he seems like a good hero. Tried him yesterday, even if I was the only support I was well-farmed and got a few kills off. But still lost the game. I'd love to hear how to play him properly thanx :D *I AM TIRED OF AXELORD SPAMMING KAPPA [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:56 PM PDT Hey, I'm still new to Dota2. I've gotten the hang of most of the basics now, but I have a problem when it comes to my char's defense... I try to go by the guides that people upload (torte de lini esp), but after a while in games, it seems to me like no matter what character I roll with I get squishy late game, and people just wreck me even if it was going good early game. Any tips, or obvious newb thing I'm doing? Thanks! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 10:57 AM PDT Just wanted some people's perspectives on the core items on Juggernaut right now. I see many high MMR players building blink and diffusal even though these definitely weren't core items on him in previous patches. Is there any reason why these items have become staples right now? Another question is what item path should you go if you are in a position where you absolutely must hard carry your team. Would going manta, skadi, abyssal, butterfly or something among that path be far better than blink and diffusal? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 04:47 PM PDT I get some problems with invo since 7.00, now he is really weak at early game i want to know when i can play aggresive E W E Q etc or when i need to get like E Q E Q and items to help me sustain at mid and harrass or just farm against some heroes [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 12:58 PM PDT As the title suggest, i would like to know how to counter tank heroes. Which item or hero is good to fight with tank heroes. Also, is tank hero necessary in every team? And what kind of hero is weak against a tanker? [link] [comments] |
| How to counter a fed Bristleback? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 12:46 PM PDT Just had an interesting game against Bristleback. I'd say "and the rest of his team", but no, it was 99% Bristleback. Dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3265013358 From about minute 10 onward, he was unkillable, and also doing enough damage that he could solo-kill most of us. At one point around minute 14, we had the entire team going on him and he just walked away. I know the answer to this is "don't let him get fed", but what do you do if that happens? Can't control your teammates, after all. I know the canonical answer is "Silver Edge", but when I try that it rarely seems to help much - sure, he takes some more damage, but it only lasts 5 seconds. He ended up literally just standing in our fountain, killing all of us with bristles on respawn. (Note: I know there are some draft choices that can counter him, but I'm mostly wondering what you do if you're in a game where you didn't specifically draft against him.) [link] [comments] |
| Counter-picking/drafting: does it actually matter at my level? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 07:28 AM PDT I'm a lowly 1k MMR player, and I'm wondering what effect the draft actually has on the outcome of a game at my level. I have a strong feeling that it's less impactful than in higher MMR ranges, but unfortunately dotabuff doesn't allow me to view hero matchups by MMR range, so I can't tell how much less impactful it is. I've been feeling recently that as long as we have 3-5 carries, the specific heroes don't matter very much at all. Since everyone is so inefficient at farming / bad at fighting, I feel it's more about who manages to get a decent amount of farm / screws up the least in fights, and less about what abilities counter what, because it's likely the counter won't even be utilized. Does anyone have any data on the importance of drafting at my level? [link] [comments] |
| Can Underlord be played as a support? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:16 AM PDT If so, at what level would you get W? Earlier than an offlane UL I assume. Thanks. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 02:27 PM PDT Hey! I'm a 2.4k scrub and doing my best to improve. Lately i've been playing Lone Druid, he's a very interesting hero, but i lose most of my games with him. My main problem is i don't know what to do at different points in a match. Early on i focus on farming so i can get my Midas. Once i get my midas i do a mix of jungling and farming my lane to buy a radiance. After that i'm completely lost. I don't know when i should be fighting, when i should be farming. I don't understand how strong i am in different point in the game. Should i be looking to group up with my team and push once i get my radiance or do i need to farm other items first? What i basically need is a game plan. What should i be doing at early/mid/late game? I know this is a very broad question, but any help is appreciated. [link] [comments] |
| What could I have done? [Lycan] Posted: 21 Jun 2017 07:25 AM PDT So I just played a game ytd that essentially went down to ancient race and we lost and some of the mistakes I realised was standing till while I was disarmed and this cost me a few deaths by Huskar which allowed him to get fatter and the next was not ratting whenever possible i.e there was a brief period of time where we were doing the Mexican standoff and nothing was going on... The first 10 minutes were particularly painful as I wasnt too cautious and died to Spiritbreaker/BB quite a few times which slowed down my farm by quite a bit.. Any other advice that lycan players can give me or just in general? Thanks in advance for the help guys! Dotabuff link : https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3264382132 [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 12:32 PM PDT I got intrested in this hero, want to play with him on rankeds. (2k) [link] [comments] |
| How do u lane vs necro in mid? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 05:54 AM PDT Was just in a game as lina, and felt like i couldnt do anything, he can negate any nuke with his q, making him trade really well, his damage is pretty high and projectile is good making him last hit better, what can i do against him? [link] [comments] |
| Clinks with helm of the dominator Posted: 20 Jun 2017 09:47 PM PDT What do y'all think of adding this item as an almost must to clinks? Since the helm makes any creep have 1500 health minimum it would be great with the ult adding 750/1050/1350 health and 75/105/135 damage. Not to mention you wouldn't have to search the jungle for a high health mob you could settle with any creep and get these crazy bonuses. The only creeps I know of that have over 1500 health are ancients. Also what time in the game do y'all think clinks should get this item? [link] [comments] |
| Limiting my hero pool to gain MMR or counterpicking? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 01:25 AM PDT I feel like I could climb at least 500-1000 more MMR if I focused on my best heroes which all have a 56-70 percent winrate. I used to be in the very high skill bracket but then dropped down a long time ago. The problem is I have this urge to counterpick enemy drafts by waiting till the end but this leads to issues: I am usually made to go support (which i don't mind but it prevents me from spamming cores) and it also means I'm playing a hero that I'm not the most familiar with. So should I just focus on spamming my best heroes no matter what (by picking early) or try to get better at lots of them and be an effective counterpicker? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:57 AM PDT Hi guys, I just lost a game where I was pretty tilted cause of another player in my team. Of course I muted him but the pings (sadly) still work and regardless I couldn't relax and it affected my gameplay in a really bad way. Do you have any tips or strategies if this happens to you during a game? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:54 AM PDT Dotauff: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3264569395 I just played a game on PL and went 26-5-6, but lost in 53 minutes. I had a new guy who played IO, we had no mid pick so Rubick went mid, and our Sven AFK'd at 45 minutes or so. Is there anything I could have done to carry this game to victory? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:47 AM PDT Hi guys, I just lost a game where I was pretty tilted cause of another player in my team. Of course I muted him but the pings (sadly) still work and regardless I couldn't relax and it affected my gameplay in a really bad way. Do you have any tips or strategies if this happens to you during a game? [link] [comments] |
| What is the best Omni right click build? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:56 AM PDT I am at work so I can't check Twitch. I remember seeing Arteezy do a thumping/right click build like two days ago. Can anyone tell me what items he got for that? [link] [comments] |
| Is it possible to learn 2 talents of the same level? Posted: 21 Jun 2017 12:27 PM PDT I saw some bots forming an "f" on the talent tree, I played the game offline so maybe it could just be a bug... i'm just wondering since i wanted the cast range and dmg/heal of kotl :/ pls help tx [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 20 Jun 2017 08:37 PM PDT Earlier today I was helping a friend grind through low prio and I got Necrophos and 2 other shit heroes two times in a row. Figuring that Necro was meta, I went with him and proceeded to feed so bad that it was disgusting. My team managed to win b/c everyone else played amazing, but I ended up 9/14/5, and all but 2 of my kills were basically KSes with my ult. Isn't Necro supposed to be hard to kill? How do you lane this hero, and how do you itemize him after the laning phase? EDIT: I forgot to attach my match ID: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3262961931 In this game, I had absolutely no clue what to do. I just built Torte de Lini's core items and then spent the rest of the game building a Dagon 5 (which was almost certainly stupid). I played him as a 2 this game b/c low prio, but if I did pick him up, I think I'd probably play him as a 2 or 3. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 21 Jun 2017 03:44 AM PDT Recently I've been trying to optimize my keybindings. I ran into a problem with being able to toggle auto-cast properly, and I can't seem to find a solution to this in the settings. Let's say you want to auto-cast Searing Arrows as Clinkz, the default hotkey would be Alt+W if you have your spells on Q-W-E-R like I have. The problem is that I have all of my items on Alt+Q,W,E,A,S,D... I would love to be able to toggle auto-cast on Alt+Z for Viper, Alt+X for Clinkz and so forth. Would be even more sick if Valve could make a singular button to toggle auto-cast for all heroes. I'm getting tired of right clicking with my mouse on the ability. Am I missing something in the settings? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment