Heroes of the Storm - HGC Mid-Season Brawl :: Grand Final :: Discussion Thread |
- HGC Mid-Season Brawl :: Grand Final :: Discussion Thread
- Heroes of the Storm's total viewership surpassed 60.000 during the Mid-Season Brawl finals!
- [Spoiler] Congratulations to the 2017 HGC Mid Season Brawl winners!
- The sickest hook dodge you've ever seen
- Thank you Blizzard for hearing our feedback on tournaments (HGC MSB praise thread)
- Not the replay we expected
- HGC All star 9000dmg Slug Bait Tracer.
- Funny thing just happened (including L5)
- Dignitas and Fnatic on HOTS trash talk: “Fans sometimes don’t realise that it’s all a joke” | eSports Pro
- HGC Phase 2 Changes!
- Shoutouts to Team Dignitas
- Mid Season Brawl Stats!
- The Analysis Desk Takes Off!
- HGC - The Rap Gods of the Finals
- The Pros painting their favorite hero is hilarious. The somber music is perfect.
- HGC Finale! Schwimpi on roll with Genji
- When a game restores your faith in humanity
- Malthael is the top winrate hero in the game atm, what do you think about him?
- Mid-Season Brawl statistics
- Dear Blizzard, after 2 years... its finally time for a CHANGE!
- [HGC MSB FINAL] Wubby dodging a hook like a boss!
- [Illustrated] Pls Blizz give us this tint! I never asked you anything!
- HGC Grand Finals - Trisklyr and Khaldor are rap gods
- Showerthought: Coming from Hearthstone, getting bad teammates is like getting a bad hand. Sucks but not going to often. It's also about how you play your hand / with your teammates.
- HGC comes back THIS FRIDAY, starting with Tricked eSport vs Team expert and No Tomorrow vs Superstars!
- Tracer Jebaited by Abathur (MSB All-Stars)
| HGC Mid-Season Brawl :: Grand Final :: Discussion Thread Posted: 19 Jun 2017 11:00 AM PDT Previous match thread: HGC Mid-Season Brawl - Heroes All-Stars :: West vs East (2x damage and game speed) :: Discussion Thread. When?The match is planned to start at 20:05 CET / 11:05 PT, 5 minutes after this post was posted. Streams
Community challenges
Teams
HGC Mid-Season BrawlHGC Mid-Season Brawl is the first Heroes tournament in 2017 featuring teams from the entire world. 12 teams play to determine the world champions: two best teams from each major region (South Korea, Europe, North America, China) and the champions of minor region championships (Taiwan, Australia & New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Latin America). Tournament winners get 100,000 USD out of the total prize pool of 250,00 USD. On June 10-14, a group stage was played with two groups of six teams. Two bottom teams from both groups were eliminated and the tournament moved on to the playoffs - a double elimination bracket. Here, top two teams from each group start in the upper bracket semi-finals while 3rd and 4th placed teams have to fight through the lower bracket. All matches are best-of-5, except for the best-of-7 Grand Final where the upper bracket winner starts with a one game lead. The playoffs are played from June 17 to June 19 during DreamHack Summer in Jönköping, Sweden. Match formatThis match is a best-of-7 series. Fnatic, coming from the upper bracket, starts with a one game lead. Each team bans one map. Then, the "home" team chooses a map for the first game. In the following games of a match, the losing team of the previous game will have the choice for Battlegrounds selection or first hero pick in the draft. Battleground bans
Game versionHGC Mid-Season Brawl is played on the May 31 balance patch. D.Va is allowed. Match reports, VODs
For feedback about the match thread, please contact /u/lerhond. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Heroes of the Storm's total viewership surpassed 60.000 during the Mid-Season Brawl finals! Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:56 PM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [Spoiler] Congratulations to the 2017 HGC Mid Season Brawl winners! Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:32 PM PDT Fnatic with a hard fought and long awaited victory on the world stage. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| The sickest hook dodge you've ever seen Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:51 PM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Thank you Blizzard for hearing our feedback on tournaments (HGC MSB praise thread) Posted: 19 Jun 2017 06:30 AM PDT I know there are maybe some other threads around but I just wanted to thank Blizzard for making such a great tournament. It was by far the best event I have ever watched. I feel like you had a big list with feedback of past events and worked on every single point. The result of this is just awesome, I mean:
The East vs. West show-games were so funny, I laughed so hard yesterday and it seems casters had a lot of fun too. Viewership during these show-games impressed me, we had like 20-25k which is insane imo. The viewership for the whole event was very high tho. 10-15k during group stage and 20-30k during playoffs. This is the result of your work, Blizzard. I am thankful for such a flawless event you gave to us, this is what HotS eSport needs. We have a bright future ahead... (Sorry for my engrish, not my native language) And now I enjoy the final day! Thank god there are 2 more epic games to watch - keep it up Blizz :) Edit WHAT A FINAL! I am literally blown away! Both EU teams delivering some top notch Heroes of the Storm. Viewership was 3rd/4th place on Twitch with mostly over 40k watching the Grand Final, peaking around 52k - which is huge if you ask me: http://imgur.com/zkXNf6V [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 10:55 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| HGC All star 9000dmg Slug Bait Tracer. Posted: 19 Jun 2017 10:16 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Funny thing just happened (including L5) Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:40 PM PDT I'll start of by saying I don't play nor follow this game but I do follow some other e-sports and thought you guys might like this story. To make a long story short I used to live in Korea a while back and so I speak some Korean. These days I live in Jönköping Sweden (the city where Dreamhack is held). So what happened is I was in a store waiting in line to pay for my stuff when things were moving slow, suddenly I hear a language a recognize... It's Korean! So appearantly they were trying to buy some beer but they didn't have their passport with them and their Korean ID cards wouldn't suffice and so they weren't allowed to buy the beer but they were buying some snacks too so they wanted those anyway. Now for those unfamiliar with how things work in Korea: In Korea you almost always give your card to the cashier who swipes it before you write a simple signature on an electronic pad while in Sweden you put the card into a chip reader before you enter your PIN code. The L5 players not having the best English made explaining this to them very difficult for the cashier. However, luckily I could (with my not very good Korean) managed to explain the process for them. They then proceeded to forget some things in the store so I had to run after them and give it to them but things ended well in the end. Initially I though they were students from Korea as their is an international university in Jönköping but after some talking I learned that they were progamers and that they ended up in 3rd place so a little searching later I found out it was L5. Just a little story but I thought some of you might enjoy it. Edit: Should have written "involving" not "including" in the title [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 10:22 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 09:15 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:55 PM PDT SPOILER ALERT Just wanted to give a big shoutout to Mene, Zaelia, JayPL, /u/TheNewerBakery and Snitch of Team Dignitas for putting up the most amazing finals one could ever ask for. The least one sided finals I have ever seen, taking us to the very last game. Team Dignitas managed to beat convincingly Korean champions MVP Black and L5 in all series. They managed to take Fnatic to the very last game on the two series played against that team, making these sets extremely close. Dignitas showed amazing play on a lot of games throughout the tournament, making some of the most intense late game moments and ridiculous comebacks that will probably go down in Heroes history (BoE vs L5; Braxis vs Fnatic; 1% Sky Temple vs Fnatic; etc). We reddit clipped so many of these plays - Bakery's disgusting ice blocks on isolation and cocoon, Zaelia's COUNTLESS game winning Illidan hunts, JayPL's INSANE HOOKS every 14 seconds, Mene's GOD resets, Snitch's best Genji snipe ever - it filled the frontpage with talent, joy and awesomeness. These five players really are the best Dignitas roster and make anyone who loves Heroes eSports to just be in awe over and over again by simply watching Dignitas play. One might say it's unfortunate for the tournament not to have had the true 7th game, but I guess for now Bakery, Mene, JayPL, Zaelia and snitch will have to make do with my huge thank you and this little latter. I love you guys so much and I can't wait for you to take over BlizzCon! It's bound to happen! <3 With all my heart, From Dignitas' #1 fan, me. Edit: Can you guys help me make this thread reach them? I would be insanely happy if any of them read this :) Thanks! [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:18 PM PDT Hello As stated a while ago I am going to quit making these statistical posts from now on. I want to thank all of you that have supported me over the months. I leave with pain in my heart though and I will miss doing this but things havent gone as I wanted and its time to leave it behind and move on. The future of me is not fully sure, I'm looking for a HGC team or Open Division team to do analytical coaching for (Both EU or NA teams are welcome). Im also planning of streaming and might start tomorrow all ready! The last thing I was thinking off was to do analyzing team fights from HGC games and place those up on youtube, if you think this is interesting let me know so I can look more into it. I want to give a big shoutout to kaelaris, gillyweed, dreadnought, trikslyr, jhow, grubby and everyone that I might have missed for using the stats and I hope you guys can keep doing what you are doing! That was all I wanted to say, I want to share the last data and you can find it below, the raw data is at the bottom. The topics with a + are based on more than 4 games played. Most Involved: Least Involved: Highest Win Ratio+: Lowest Win Ratio+: Highest Performance+: Lowest Performance+: Most picked Heroes: Most Banned Heroes: Longest game was 31 minutes and 40 seconds Raw Data: Greetings [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 10:44 AM PDT | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| HGC - The Rap Gods of the Finals Posted: 19 Jun 2017 02:32 PM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| The Pros painting their favorite hero is hilarious. The somber music is perfect. Posted: 19 Jun 2017 09:41 AM PDT Just kudos for a hilarious idea that turned out as perfect filler material. Glau keeping a straight face in front of his painting was killing me. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| HGC Finale! Schwimpi on roll with Genji Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:16 PM PDT | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| When a game restores your faith in humanity Posted: 19 Jun 2017 02:54 PM PDT I was doing solo ranked placements and had a game that started as one of those where everything comes together. You know the kind: Everyone communicates pleasantly, all shotcalling makes sense and everyone responds perfectly, and just plain outplaying the enemies ridiculously hard. Before first Braxis beacons, we had their bottom wall and 3 kills. 8 minutes in, we're have their team dead, and are pushing core with our second 100% zerg wave, as we're 3 levels ahead and they still lack heroics. Most of us are running a perfect game with 0 deaths... And then our Malf disconnects... Someone writes "Leave core till Malf is back?" I'm not sure if the -500 MMR and leaver status also apply if you disconnect a winning game. But without a word, every single team member just slows off a bit on the core, until we all stop entirely at 4%. In what must have seemed the hardest BM of all time, we stall for 45 seconds before we have to make a controlled retreat from the core that any of the 4 of us could still have killed. Turns out Malf isn't just coming back. We start doubting our decision and realize it's getting tighter, but everyone is positive. We got a kill and were about to win a teamfight, when our Malf bot decides to point-blank-hug a self-destructing D.va for the full 4 seconds with no threat or CC on him. We laugh at the bot's epic fails and keep playing. We lose teamfights, we lose zerg waves, and there are times we think we'll never get the opportunity to respawn and do the core rush. As we finally outmaneuver them, and are going for core 20 vs 19 with 3 enemies dead, our Malf reconnects 30 seconds before the end, and has been reading all the chat as his client was catching up. We welcome him back, and seal the win - 12 minutes overdue. Sorry to those on the opposing team - no BM intended. And thanks a bunch to every person on my team for that amazing experience. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Malthael is the top winrate hero in the game atm, what do you think about him? Posted: 19 Jun 2017 06:32 AM PDT According to hotslog, Malthael is at 55% winrate and 33.8% popularity (it's rising) and Uther is at 53% winrate with 53.9% popularity (conveniently ignoring #2 Sam cuz we redditors are all masters and we all know he's shit). What do you think about them? Are some of their talents too strong (cough Guardian of Ancient kings cough)? Are their numbers overtuned? Is the meta simply good for them right now? Bonus question: Does Cocoon need a nerf or is Anub's whole kit simply too amazing? [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:43 PM PDT Matches Shortest match: 6:02, Infernal Shrines, Fnatic vs Super Perfect Team https://masterleague.net/match/3092/ Matches to watch:
Drafts Picked heroes: 55 / 67
Players Widest hero pool: NaCHoJin (L5, 12 heroes), X (eStar, 11), scHwimpi (Fnatic, 11), Wubby (Fnatic, 11)
Teams Widest hero pool: L5 (38 heroes)
[link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Dear Blizzard, after 2 years... its finally time for a CHANGE! Posted: 19 Jun 2017 07:14 AM PDT Im playing hots since the beta. I love this game and will finish soon my 4000 games. The game is developing very well in my eyes. But there is one point, which im missing now for 2 years... a rework of the ticket system. Just a simple question... Why are you balancing the game and the characters? Why do you release a 2.0 version of hots? Why do you keep improving stuff? Because you want to give the best player experience out there (forget the money and so on). Player experience needs to be good, otherwise nobody will play the game. So its even more necessary that you finally do something about your ticket system. Dont forget its a team game, and the teams arent big. If it would be a game like Battlefield 64 vs 64, nobody would realldy care if someone is not helping the team. But in the case of hots, every one needs to do his part. Nobody of us wants to waste his time or lose ranks because other people want to troll. As an example, why should a working father, who can play a game or two every few days, get a bad experience and waste his valuable time because someone is trolling?! Well enough theory. My story of today. I started to rank myself this season, everything worked pretty awesome and i was sure i will get ranked into a higher league until i lost my last 2 games, because of 1 player, who decided to troll and not to help the team. The sadest thing was, that after i lost 1 game with this troll, i tought, well forget it and keep continuing playing. The problem was, i got the same person again in my team and guess what? Even before he picked his hero or the match started, he was announced he just want to troll. In my eyes thats an absolutely NO-GO! I can understand, that you can get a troll in a game, but after 4 people reported him and muted him, to get the same person in the new team is pretty sad. Just watch this screens. A picture says more than 1000 words...
Aslong people will be sure about the fact, that they can be salty, go afk or start trolling and there wont be any punishment by blizzard - nothing will change. //edit Im not talking about punishment to someone whos maybe playing not the right way / strategy. Im just sad about the fact, that if someone wants to throw a game and get reported by 4 people, he is still able to play next game again with you in a team and repeat this. And if you got matched with him, you cant get out, otherwise you will lose a bunch of points, but staying with with such a player, who keeps telling from the first minute hes going for a lose, is also wasted time. Thats the most frustrating part of the story. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [HGC MSB FINAL] Wubby dodging a hook like a boss! Posted: 19 Jun 2017 02:56 PM PDT https://clips.twitch.tv/GiantCoweringTriangleDatBoi Wubby predicts that hook like a god! Just enjoy it over and over again Kreygasm [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [Illustrated] Pls Blizz give us this tint! I never asked you anything! Posted: 19 Jun 2017 04:57 AM PDT I think Anub'arak Love Bug is a super cool skin while two of the tints are funny and one is neutral. But this skin has potential to be badass with the right tint. So I've illustrated 3 tints and a bonus with slight modification to horns to match the themes. I'd love to impale my enemies with the black love bug tint so this is the one I'm really asking for.
Tints: http://imgur.com/LDGhJpg Bonus (horn model): http://imgur.com/RyTMgsK
What do you think? Someone else would like to have them in game? edit: added in game model [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| HGC Grand Finals - Trisklyr and Khaldor are rap gods Posted: 19 Jun 2017 02:30 PM PDT | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 07:32 AM PDT Don't solo boss or ignore objectives even if you are correct. As the motto goes, doing a bad play together is better than doing a good play alone. Hope this helps more players climb out of "hell". [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:53 PM PDT The full schedule is not published yet, but we can see the first few matches on the Heroes Esports home page: [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Tracer Jebaited by Abathur (MSB All-Stars) Posted: 19 Jun 2017 10:12 AM PDT
|
| You are subscribed to email updates from Heroes of the Storm. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment