Heroes of the Storm - HGC Mid-Season Brawl - Heroes All-Stars :: West vs East (inverted draft) :: Discussion Thread


HGC Mid-Season Brawl - Heroes All-Stars :: West vs East (inverted draft) :: Discussion Thread

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 12:30 PM PDT

Previous match thread: HGC Mid-Season Brawl - losers' round 3 :: L5 (KR #1) vs MVP Black (KR #2) :: Discussion Thread.

The matches today are played in an inverted draft format. The West team will choose which heroes will the East play and vice versa. Prepare for some Quick Match comps!

When?

The match is planned to start at 21:30 CET / 12:30 PT, the same time as this post was posted.

Streams

Community challenges

Teams

West vs East
Glaurung Roll20 esports - Soul Torturers GoDDog
Hamtaro RED Canids - L5 Noblesse
Jun Tempo Storm - DeadlyKittens nsj
Mene Team Dignitas - eStar Gaming X
Vanilla Nomia - eStar Gaming XingC

HGC Mid-Season Brawl

HGC Mid-Season Brawl is the first Heroes tournament in 2017 featuring teams from the entire world. 12 teams play to determine the world champions: two best teams from each major region (South Korea, Europe, North America, China) and the champions of minor region championships (Taiwan, Australia & New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Latin America). Tournament winners get 100,000 USD out of the total prize pool of 250,00 USD.

On June 10-14, a group stage was played with two groups of six teams. Two bottom teams from both groups were eliminated and the tournament moved on to the playoffs - a double elimination bracket. Here, top two teams from each group start in the upper bracket semi-finals while 3rd and 4th placed teams have to fight through the lower bracket. All matches are best-of-5, except for the best-of-7 Grand Final where the upper bracket winner starts with a one game lead. The playoffs are played from June 17 to June 19 during DreamHack Summer in Jönköping, Sweden.

Match format

Best-of-3, inverted draft, maps are predetermined, West got first pick in first game by winning a game of rock paper scissors.

Game version

HGC Mid-Season Brawl is played on the May 31 balance patch. D.Va is allowed.

Match reports, VODs

Website Link
Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152666526?t=12h08m25s

For feedback about the match thread, please contact /u/lerhond.

submitted by /u/HeroesEsportsThreads
[link] [comments]

How do I hold all these memes?!

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 02:13 PM PDT

Blizzard, can we please have an actual current damage in its talent description?

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 12:09 PM PDT

For example like here:

http://imgur.com/a/ZFAN5

I have E-Quest with 17 hits. 17 hits equal to 51% damage increase, which is 223 additional bonus damage.

The thing is, I dont have time and math skill to calculate this in my head during teamfight. Especially if it gets even more complicated, like with Valla's hate.

I would highly appreciate if this feature gets implemented in the near future. thank you very much for your attention.

submitted by /u/ToniT800
[link] [comments]

Thanks Merryday

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 02:35 PM PDT

It has been an absolute pleasure to have watched all the quality support games from Merryday throughout the start of his hots career up until the MSB. He will go down in Hots history as one of the first and most consistent support players ever.

He was, alongside, Sake and Kyocha, one of the three remaining OG MVP black players and I feel sad to see him go. I still remember that video from OGN when Merryday went on a date thingy with Gyuri. Always liked that chill vibe he brought outside of hots and in interviews.

I wish you all the best Merryday, hope you come back like Rich. Thanks for the fun and inspiration!

submitted by /u/ArceusX
[link] [comments]

HGC All-Stars Bossfight

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:33 PM PDT

Reverse Drafts as a Brawl PLS

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:39 PM PDT

After watching the revers drafts at the MSB iw ould love to try this in game as well.
I think a Brawl would be perfect for this.

submitted by /u/Reaver027
[link] [comments]

Cho'gall's active trait needs to be more visible to the players (quick concept)

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 10:44 AM PDT

Cho'gall's new trait is fun - - two ogres fighting over something is thematically perfect - - but it seems that whenever I play him my partner and I always forget to swap the trait often enough. In an average match it probably only switches 10 times. I think this is because it isn't visible enough to the players.

I think the solution is something like this quick MS Paint design where the player's icons either glow with fire (Cho) or crackle with shadow energy (Gall) when their trait is active. When your own trait is inactive your icons would appear normal. This would allow players to notice when they lose their trait out of the corner of their eye in a hectic teamfight. Plus it would enhance the feeling of using the trait. Sure you know you do more damage as Gall when your trait is active, but if the shadow energy was literally pulsing and overflowing from your icons you would really feel it.

submitted by /u/kid-karma
[link] [comments]

HGC Reverse-Draft West v East is actually amazing.

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:41 PM PDT

Is the fact that Guillotine does the minimum damage if Zuljin dies before it hits a bug or not?

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 10:22 AM PDT

It deals almost no damage if you die before it hits...what is up with that? It makes no sense at all

submitted by /u/AnatlusNayr
[link] [comments]

He may not be the smartest cookie, but Blizzard this has to be your UI design team's worst fear.

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 12:37 AM PDT

Bushido e-Sports opens Heroes squad with VortiX, LucifroN, GerdamHerd, Rensen and Zhiku!

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 03:01 PM PDT

Big thank you for the Mid-Season Brawl

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 02:23 PM PDT

This tournament is amazing experience, it's best tournament I've ever seen. The casters team, the production team and the players are so top notch, that EVERY match is worth watching. Not a single time I had thought "nah, these teams are boring, I will skip it".

And we got the All Stars matches, especially today - inverted draft was SO MUCH FUN. I couldn't believe how East was rocking that IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN not-worth-to-heal team! And Jun learning how Misha works : D. And we're told, tomorrow we will something even more exciting. I literally can't wait!

See you in the Nexus.

submitted by /u/kinggrimm
[link] [comments]

It's been almost two months and we haven't heard anything from blizzard on damage scaling being wonky.

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 04:23 AM PDT

Two months ago, I made this post explaining how stacking +xx% damage (not percentage of health damage, spell power and the like) all seem to be wonky:

Alarak's sadism gives his E the same bonus damage regardless of whether or not it hits in the center, on the front page right now there's Ming's orb with Glass Cannon only giving bonuses from the minimum orb damage, Azmodan's laser with Black Pool only gives as much as a bonus as the initial laser would give... but Zarya's energy stacks with her +50% damage against melee targets talent. No consistency at all!

I put quite a bit of effort into testing a lot of these interactions, but we haven't seen anything in the patch notes or heard anything from Blizzard since those two months. Have they abandoned it, is it just taking a long time or is the issue not a problem?

submitted by /u/lemindhawk
[link] [comments]

Li-Ming's Glass Cannon bugged with Arcane Orb? The entire orb dmg is not getting buffed, only minimum dmg

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 02:25 AM PDT

Glass Cannon (GC) is only buffing the minimum damage of Orb by 15%, even if you get a max dmg orb. This could be intended but it makes GC really underwhelming when looking at orb numbers. For example, at level 23 without GC, Ming's Orb does 800 damage at max range and 267 damage at minimum range. With GC, her orb does 840 damage at max range and 307 damage at minimum range (in both cases and in all damage ranges of orb are buffed by exactly 40 from GC, or 267 x 15%). So glass cannon is adding only 40 dmg to max range orbs instead of say GC buffing orb by 800 x 15%.

And it gets even worse. When accounting for both Zei's Vengeance and Arcane Orbit, Ming's orb (at lvl 23) does 1,249 damage at max range - while STILL only getting buffed by 40 dmg to 1,289 when including Glass Cannon. Seems super weak.

submitted by /u/niceguy4793
[link] [comments]

Something has to be done with people who decides to AFK in ranked

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 09:20 AM PDT

http://imgur.com/a/XxfFj This is the draft chat from a recent game i played (silver league if anyone wanted to know), afker decided to instantly lock in butcher without listening to anyone else and then decides to trashtalk everyone afterwards without even paying attention to the game.

As soon as the game starts he just afks the whole game until he gets kicked, but wait, after 13 min mark he returns to trashtalk us again and then instead of just being afk he starts walking up to towers instead to feed.

Even with everyone afterwards reporting him nothing will happen to this guy and it's really not fun to have to play with or against people like this.

At the very least if someone gets enough reports some GM should check it out and then ban them as they deserve.

and yes i know huur duur another post about this, but i really want blizzard to do something about this as my will to keep playing this game just goes away if this is all there is to offer.

submitted by /u/homer12346
[link] [comments]

Blink and you'll miss it

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 06:19 AM PDT

Mastery Taunts - I'm disappointed

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:50 AM PDT

when Mastery Taunts were announced, I expected something along the lines of actual change in the Taunt animation. the badge it displays above your hero does not even change colors to fit the hero.

tbh, I feel less like using my taunt on Mastered heroes because of this. I think it looks very ugly, takes away from some of the taunt animations (like kharazim's push-ups or sonya's war cry) by drowning them out with a LOUD AND FLASHY visual effect, and can't be turned off afaik.

I know making 2-3 additional custom animations per hero is probably more work than Blizzard can be expected to put in the game for something that not that many players will use, but I feel like there should at least be a way to customize the Taunt badge to fit your current hero/skin.

/rant

submitted by /u/SevElbows
[link] [comments]

[HGC Spoiler] Best Bakery play ever

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 08:11 AM PDT

Hello again! #1 GM. I am Apex, a healer main. Currently the grandest grand master. AMA for an eternity!

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 11:13 AM PDT

Hi. It is me again! I am currently #1 GM in the beautiful continent, North America.

Proof

Ask me anything all day! I will be answering questions in between queues today. Feel free to ask me anything about Heroes of the Storm, food, or anything that is on your mind! I am open for anything!

Background: I started my MOBA experience in season 3 in League of Legends and moved to Heroes of the Storm recently. I peaked in Challenger ~700 LP (top 25) seasons 3-6 in League of Legends, and I decided to pursue eSports in a different scene!

We are all on this journey together; we all never stop learning. Let's remove the animosity in the scene and grow together to become one of the best MOBA games out there. I would like to help improve the scene in anyway, and in turn, learn a few things from all of you as well! Thanks for stopping by!

Edit 1: here is a link to my previous AMA!

submitted by /u/Apex_Hots
[link] [comments]

how to win BoE

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 10:57 AM PDT

Identifying win conditions - There is more than one way to win

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:03 PM PDT

Thank you Trikslyr and Jhow!

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 02:09 PM PDT

Thank you Trikslyr and JHow for insightful analysis! You are helping me become a better player and provide invaluable information about the game I did not previously know. I feel more confident than ever to start grinding that GM in Hero League thanks to the tips/tricks you were sharing at stream. I haven't figured out if I will play Gaz, Zul or Butcher yet, but I know it will be one hell of a ride!

submitted by /u/Diapergenie
[link] [comments]

Hello again! #1 Bronze. I am Devin, a Hammer main. Currently the bronzest bronze. AMA for an eternity!

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:21 PM PDT

Quality of Life change for The Butcher Q?

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:24 PM PDT

Butcher's Q (Hamstring) states that after used, the next auto attack occurs immediately. While this is true, the targeting on the next auto attack is really bad.

Right now on live, if there are multiple enemy units around The Butcher and you use Q, the next auto will then focus the closest unit, not the one you were already attacking, even if they stayed within range the entire time.

This is a big problem for The Butcher because it means you lose at least 1 auto attack's worth of healing if you had W (Butcher's Brand) on the initial target, which is a lot for him and can mean the difference between getting a kill or dying many times, especially if you take Insatiable Blade at 7.

I'd like to suggest that as long as the target you are currently auto attacking is still in auto attack range when Q finishes, the next auto should target that unit specifically, not the closest unit.

submitted by /u/spwncar
[link] [comments]

Roll 20 support thread

Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:05 AM PDT

Glau, prismat, justing, yoda, and buds, I just wanted to let you know that although a lot of NA will be sleeping when you start your set, we are proud of you and cheering you on. You showed at the start of the tournament that MVP black was mortal and you dumpstered them. With your victory yesterday you proved that you are the best NA has to offer up to the global tournament. Don't be nervous, you don't need medivh and Diablo to crush the Korean team, just play your game and you'll come out on top. Best of luck today, we are rooting for you!

submitted by /u/MisterHooyah
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.