Halo - Weekly REQkoning Thread


Weekly REQkoning Thread

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 09:10 AM PDT

Hello everyone!

Welcome to this week's Weekly REQkoning thread!

Manage to snag that elusive Nornfang in a Daily REQ? Maybe goose it in a Gold Pack? Post it here and share it with the community!

Please only use this thread to post your best REQ pulls. All other REQ posts will be removed.

If you have any questions please message the mods.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

E3 2017: Halo 6 Reveal 'Won't Be Soon,' Says 343 Industries - IGN

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 09:44 AM PDT

Made my H3 Legendary helmet wearable

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 12:07 PM PDT

I was going through my old Reach videos and found this amazing "kill."

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 05:53 PM PDT

70% Luck, 30% Aim, 100% reason to know spawns in this game

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 06:02 AM PDT

Replaying the campaigns on MCC and just beat halo 4 and realized something

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 08:26 AM PDT

I really miss the sticky detonator. Like a lot

Also the old mantis is bae

submitted by /u/Hockman
[link] [comments]

One of the few good things in the new Mummy movie was Courtney Vance as Sgt. Johnson

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 11:45 AM PDT

"Leading the Charge"

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:55 PM PDT

Asking for an Update on MCC Updates

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 08:47 AM PDT

Hey /u/ske7ch343 can you give us any idea if the team is working on an MCC playlists refresh? I'm not asking about major bug fixes or anything, I would just like something as "simple" as a BTB map/mode refresh. Maybe reduce the amount of games I play on Standoff.... Can we reasonably hope for anything like this? Thanks!

Edit: Let's keep it civil.

submitted by /u/juicebawwx
[link] [comments]

Halo 2 Anniversary Soundtrack 4k Wallpaper No Text

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 05:52 PM PDT

How is the Warzone Assault Rifle/Magnum bug still in this game?

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 06:39 AM PDT

Today I decided to play Halo 5 for the first time in a while. They added those new Platinum packs, so who knows, maybe, just maybe, I'd finally get the Halo 2 BR. The easiest way to get REQ points is by grinding Warzone Firefight. I play a couple of games, things go good, we clear the first round, and then...

No one can spawn anything from the REQ screen, and we're all stuck with Assault Rifles/Magnums.

There goes my RP boost.

We manage to almost beat Round 4, actually. The previous round I was able to think fast and melee one of the Phaeton pilots from behind before he could get in the vehicle, saving us a bunch of time, but then next we had to kill four Temple Banshees. We got two by the time the round was half over, but somehow our momentum slowed and we didn't get another one.

And this is right after the game ate my Ultra Rare RP boost because it put me in a game that had literally just ended.

How is the game still so unpolished after almost two years and countless updates? I remember that bug from over a year ago, but it still hasn't been addressed?

I've been playing Halo since 2002, it's my all-time favorite media franchise, and I've enjoyed every game up to this point, but Halo 5 has been engineered to drive me out of my mind.

  • The aiming feels like garbage and the settings don't do anything to help (play any previous Halo game and then immediately switch to Halo 5 and feel how awkward it is)
  • The REQ menu is terribly designed, listing everything horizontally so you have to go through a million things you don't want to use just to find the one you do, and somehow hasn't ever been improved in the past two years (why did we never get loadouts or even favorites?)
  • Unlocking REQ's is a complete grind even with the Bronze-Silver-Gold method (I literally only want the H2 BR, but it's going to take me who knows how many hours to get it)
  • Most of the maps are uninteresting and lack the same mystery and attention to detail maps from previous games had
  • The UNSC architecture in this game is boring and repetitive, and is inescapable even in the Sangheilios map
  • Big Team Battle and Infection took months to be added into the game despite being available at launch for previous games ever since Halo 3
  • The only improvement to Warzone Firefight has been the inclusion of Heroic where enemies don't do insane damage, but that still doesn't change the fact that the maps weren't designed for its gameplay, the REQ's weren't balanced for its gameplay, having enemies constantly respawn during boss waves is just tedious, and the respawn times were a horrible decision that was never reversed
  • The UI still isn't as good as Reach's in both form and function
  • The textures all look bland and the lighting is mediocre (done in the interest of performance, I know, but Halo 3 can play at 1080p 60fps in MCC and looks way better despite texture resolution)
  • Your service tag has to be four characters for some dumb reason
  • Most of the armor in the game looks ugly compared to previous games, even Halo 4
  • The emblem style is a net downgrade from previous games in functionality and presentation when it should be an upgrade if anything

I put hundreds of hours into Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4, but Halo 5 is so functionally and aesthetically displeasing that I can't force myself to enjoy it for another minute. It's painful to have to feel this way about a game I desperately want to like. My enjoyment of this game has done nothing but decrease since it came out.

I won't deny that the game has many strong positives and there've been many big improvements since launch, and props to 343i for those major updates, but I can't ignore its glaring problems that continue to persist. No amount of updates have been enough to fix the game's biggest issues.

I pray that Halo 6 is able to right all the wrongs for both multiplayer and singleplayer, because Halo 5 made some steps in the right direction, but I honestly prefer even Halo 4 to 5 despite all the improvements.

submitted by /u/ONI_Agent_Locke
[link] [comments]

Ripperoni clone of Rtas Vadum.

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:52 PM PDT

MCC bugs - is the game officially decaying?

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 11:15 AM PDT

Lately, there have been way more game crashes than usual, and the game quality has been decaying. The timer's for online have been incredibly slow. This varies from every few seconds is slowed to like 3 seconds, every second is really 1.5-2 seconds, or even as drastically as every second is 3-4 seconds. This seems to happen most in objective gametypes (CTF, crazy king), and happens the most on Valhalla. With this slowed timer, it is possible (I've done it for a triple kill), to get 3 back to back to back individual laser kills on single spartans, and get a triple kill because of the slow timer. This has been happening in the past week or so, and hasn't been letting up. Also, rules such as the 4 betrayal insta-boot in CE no longer works some times. I was able to rack up around 20 betrayals in a CE game, just to test the limits. The only reason I wasn't able to get more, was because the match crashed. Is this officially the beginning of the end of MCC in terms of actually being a game? There doesn't seem to be any letting up.

Also, just a side note, #H3forBackwardsCompat

submitted by /u/_Dillpickles66
[link] [comments]

Matchmaking Feedback Update – June 19

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 01:19 PM PDT

Bring back the HCS playlist for H2A in MCC!

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 11:46 PM PDT

Title says it all! I miss playing the crap out of comp h2a.

submitted by /u/LD50_II
[link] [comments]

Has anyone completed all of the MCC Achievements?

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 07:58 AM PDT

Meet the most annoying kid in the halo community!

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 11:21 PM PDT

Old school h5 variants?

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 10:59 PM PDT

Everyone (including me) always talks about how much they miss the old halo games. Why isn't there more of a community in halo 5 making maps and gametypes that play like the classic games? From what I understand the mechanics can be tweaked very easily to play like the older games. If there are communities for this, I'd appreciate it if you'd point me in their direction.

submitted by /u/onemorecrow
[link] [comments]

Amazing cover of Halo 1's "Under Cover of Night"

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 04:29 AM PDT

New Installation 07 forge map looks awesome!

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:27 PM PDT

Issue with Halo Reach BC

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 05:30 PM PDT

Me and my friends are trying to get some custom games going but some of us can't join each other's games. Everyone can queue up in matchmaking, its just that some are unable to connect or can't join off player.

Anything to fix this?

submitted by /u/SexyHams
[link] [comments]

Advice for a new Halo player?

Posted: 19 Jun 2017 03:15 PM PDT

I'm just about to start playing Halo on the Master Chief Collection and I'm looking for general advice / tips to get the best experience. My current plan is to simply play through from 1 to 4 in order. Is the game progression pretty much linear or will there be side-quests, etc. to watch for? I'm also curious as to how much activity is still seen on the PvP side of the games?

I've been playing Destiny since the end of last summer and have loved it. It's the first FPS I've gotten into in the last 15 years. So any comparisons of what to expect or what the pitfalls are between the two would also be appreciated.

Thanks much!

submitted by /u/Celebril63
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.