Civilization - That's a pretty weird luxury resource you're asking for there Ramkhamhaeng |
- That's a pretty weird luxury resource you're asking for there Ramkhamhaeng
- TIL enemy nukes destroy stockpiled nukes in a city...
- Spent almost all my gold, but it was well worth it.
- Well anyway, here's Wonder Wall
- Naval combat units that enter adjacent plots are granted their next promotion.
- Decode the loss: Nuked-to-death Rome won somehow?
- When Your Religion Is Too Strong
- Who here uses nukes?
- What if barbarians turned into terrorists in the late game?
- what is the best place to put my 2nd city?
- Can Tiles Be Swapped From An Occupied City To An Owned City?
- When is the next update predicted to be released?
- Does Civilization VI still freeze on exit for anyone else? I have had this problem since launch.
- Turns out a museum in Guam took a screencap straight from Civ V of Oda Nobunaga
- Civ 6 Fails to Launch
- (Civ 5) A critique of level 8 multiplayer gameplay - the development of new play styles.
- The Polish know how to get things done!
- Why can't I trade open borders (or joint war)?
- Is it worth taking over another Civs capitol for world wonders?
- Civ 6: Display Device Failed
- Could I play the yet (not) another map pack's giant earth multiplayer? In civ 6?
- I've never played a civ game, why should I consider playing Civ 6?
- (CIV VI) Your illogical tendency
| That's a pretty weird luxury resource you're asking for there Ramkhamhaeng Posted: 18 Jun 2017 10:58 AM PDT
| ||
| TIL enemy nukes destroy stockpiled nukes in a city... Posted: 18 Jun 2017 04:26 PM PDT | ||
| Spent almost all my gold, but it was well worth it. Posted: 17 Jun 2017 08:01 PM PDT
| ||
| Well anyway, here's Wonder Wall Posted: 18 Jun 2017 09:01 AM PDT
| ||
| Naval combat units that enter adjacent plots are granted their next promotion. Posted: 18 Jun 2017 01:08 PM PDT
| ||
| Decode the loss: Nuked-to-death Rome won somehow? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 04:12 PM PDT Myself and a buddy were 2vsAI playing on all Emperor difficulty pangea online-speed standard game. The match became very close necked at the end as we were racing to compete a cultural victory vs a space victory against 2 AI (Ghandi & Trajan). We were certain Trajan was going to win we decided to unleash nuclear hell on all his cities to slow down everything, since he had 1 more research and the final rocket to build. With only 2 cities "unnuked", we claimed his capital, thinking it would pave the path for our victory. What should we have done differently? And, more importantly, is there anyt point to hold a capital to prevent a different victory? [link] [comments] | ||
| When Your Religion Is Too Strong Posted: 18 Jun 2017 12:03 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 05:27 PM PDT Curious who here uses nukes through the course of normal gameplay? I usually build them as a deterrent from war and will occasionally drop them at the end of a game (like happy festival fireworks ya?) I have never used them or seen the AI use them through the course of regular gameplay. Who here uses nukes regularly and what situation would you say warrants it? [link] [comments] | ||
| What if barbarians turned into terrorists in the late game? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:08 PM PDT After unlocking the last tier of governments, barbarians should get a boost in some way. They could be able to create spies and mount invasions on civs, attack cities and all which could reduce amenities and cause war weariness. What other things do you think they should be boosted with? [link] [comments] | ||
| what is the best place to put my 2nd city? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 10:09 AM PDT
| ||
| Can Tiles Be Swapped From An Occupied City To An Owned City? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 06:42 PM PDT I want a tile from an opponent's city, but it is their capital, so they will never cede it to me even if I take it. Can I capture the city, swap away the desired tile, and then return the city to them? [link] [comments] | ||
| When is the next update predicted to be released? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 09:39 AM PDT | ||
| Does Civilization VI still freeze on exit for anyone else? I have had this problem since launch. Posted: 17 Jun 2017 07:59 PM PDT The game has received a few patches that have fixed other technical problems. Yet the game still crashes whenever I try to exit. I have had this issue since the game came out last October. I have to always open the Task Manager and hit End Task on Civilization VI whenever I want to exit the game. Is there a possible fix to this problem? [link] [comments] | ||
| Turns out a museum in Guam took a screencap straight from Civ V of Oda Nobunaga Posted: 18 Jun 2017 08:20 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:49 PM PDT As the title says my game just won't launch. I get a black screen like it's about to load and then I get an error message from Firaxis asking if I want to submit a crash report. I've searched all over for solutions and I've run out of leads. I haven't played for a couple of months but prior to today I was able to launch the game no problem. I've done all the things the internet has told me so far. Reinstalled the game, verified the local files, directx, vcredist, disabled windows defender, uninstalled onedrive, updated my video card, and still nothing. What else could I be missing? I'm kind of sad that i spent my one day with no kids trying to fix a game rather than playing one... In case it helps: Nvidia 1050 Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, 64-bit Intel i5-2500 [link] [comments] | ||
| (Civ 5) A critique of level 8 multiplayer gameplay - the development of new play styles. Posted: 18 Jun 2017 03:18 PM PDT TLDR There are incompatibilities when playing against both level 8 humans and level 8 AI, at the same time, in civ 5. We are developing different gameplay styles to combat this, and would love your feedback. Domination: Cooperative play eliminates standstills, less turns maintains difficulty. Science: Not attacking each other eliminates standstills, competing against both level 8 AI and as well as a level 8 human player, independently, maintains difficulty. Cultural: Human players can only attack each other when their opposing human player is within 2 civs (either two AI or an AI and the human player) from achieving total cultural dominance. Introduction/Background Hello civ fans! I am here seeking your suggestions/feedback on a play style my friend and I are trying to create. The reason I am doing this is because we have been playing Civ 5 for years, and have over this time, become pretty good at it. We can each play on level 8 and stand a chance at winning. However, when we play together, its only ever us two, vs 6 or 8 other AI (set on level 8 difficulty). The problem that has arisen in our last few games is, what we perceive as, an incompatibility between playing against humans and AI, at the same time, in high levels. What I mean by this is that you need to play the game fundamentally differently when playing against high level people and high-level computers, and you can't (or we're not good enough?) to do both at the same time. This problem arises because of how humans play the game vs how level 8 AI play the game. Humans play smarter, level 8 AI "cheat" like there is no tomorrow. Now in order to reach the end of a game in civ, on level 8, with a human friend, you usually need to take over at least a 2-3 other civs (again maybe we're just not that good, but that's always how we've done it). To highlight a specific, and perhaps the main issue we are having, it takes a lot of military/scientific/economic/etc. "might" to do such takeovers. This usually leaves our empires slightly vulnerable, not necessary to dumb AI, but to smarter humans... As a result we don't attack the AI civs we need to win in fear of each other. This wouldn't be a problem if AI played smarter and didn't just cheat, but in order to take on the dozens and dozens of "cheaty" AI units, sacrifices in some form must be made, putting human players at an unfair disadvantage towards each other... We rarely see the "end" of a game due to this. That's is the main issue: standstills. Here is what we are developing as a solution. We are going to start playing the game a little differently with pre-set objectives. The aim is to maximize strategies from us human players while actually being able to see the end of a civ game and maintaining difficulty. These solutions are really on thought out for two human players. These play styles will be determined at the start of the match, and cannot be changed after that. Both human players will be going for the same victory type. The breakdown goes like this: DOMINATION From now on this will be a duel effort on level 8. We are not actually going to be on a team (no shared resources), but with some good starting locations, our empire will be almost completely integrated. Our goal will be to take out all other civ capitals in 350/400 turns (max turns set in order to maintain difficulty). What this will do is eliminate standstills between human players not wanting to become too vulnerable to each other, while maintaining difficulty and strategy needed to win by lowering max turns, and not sharing resources. Cooperative play eliminates standstills, less turns maintains difficulty. SCIENCE When going for science victories, we will not be attacking each other, at any point in the game. What this avoids is standstills between us two human players (as previously discussed). The challenge here will be competing with a level 8 human player, as well as the rest of the level AI world. Each human player will need to take over at least two level 8 AI civs independently, to stand a chance of winning a level 8 science victory. Not attacking each other eliminates standstills, competing against both level 8 AI and as well as a level 8 human player, independently, maintains difficulty. Cultural In a culture game, human players can only attack each other when their opposing human player is within 2 civs (either two AI or an AI and the human player) from achieving total cultural dominance. Again, this eliminates the stand still problem, while maintaining difficultly. Diplomacy Diplomacy sucks and we usually turn it off, but I am open to suggestions! In Conclusion We want to (1) eliminate standstills in the game, that cause us to either (2) attack each other, crippling both our empires so neither of us can win in a level 8 game, or (3) cause huge boring stand stills as neither of us risk being vulnerable to each other. We hope these change in gameplay maintain difficultly, decrease frustration, and increase fun! What do you think? We would love feedback/suggestions! [link] [comments] | ||
| The Polish know how to get things done! Posted: 18 Jun 2017 07:00 PM PDT
| ||
| Why can't I trade open borders (or joint war)? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 04:40 PM PDT It's turn 350. I'm not at war with Gorgo or Tomyris. I just had open borders with Tomyris but that deal ended. I can trade open borders with Gorgo but not with Tomyris. I can't trade joint war with either. I have no idea what's going on. Now I can't get more troops to my war with Trajan. So what decides if you can trade open borders, joint wars and other diplomatic deals? Cause I thought it was only tech and war that decided. [link] [comments] | ||
| Is it worth taking over another Civs capitol for world wonders? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 04:11 PM PDT I am trying to get a cultural victory for the first time and the Netherlands are trying to get every world wonder possible, it seems. Later on in the game, would it be worth trying to take over their capitol for all of these world wonders to increase my tourism? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 18 Jun 2017 11:43 AM PDT So essentially I can start the game just fine, but at random times, the game freezes, then the screen changes to show me some random moment in time before in the session, then a popup appears saying "Display device failed. Please ensure your display drivers are up to date. Exiting." I know this has been brought up before, but I have tried every solution I have seen, such as updating my drivers and Windows itself, launching from a shortcut from the dx11 executable, but have found no success, so I am asking if anyone has any new solutions or whether the devs are aware and are fixing it. [link] [comments] | ||
| Could I play the yet (not) another map pack's giant earth multiplayer? In civ 6? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 03:20 PM PDT | ||
| I've never played a civ game, why should I consider playing Civ 6? Posted: 18 Jun 2017 02:43 PM PDT Another strategy game I guess that comes close to Civ I've played was Hearts of Iron IV. I'm asking on this sub reddit because you guys surely know what makes the game fun and enjoyable. I'm considering buying it during the steam sale. [link] [comments] | ||
| (CIV VI) Your illogical tendency Posted: 18 Jun 2017 05:03 AM PDT Hi there, I was just wondering if I was the only one to have certain illogical tendencies gameplay-wise, where you always make a certain decision even when it is not the best decision? My most defining trait is my compulsion for coastal cities. If I can choose between a spot next to a river and within range of a 4-mountain-adjecent tiles and a coastal city, I will always favour the latter despite there being little reason to do so in Civ VI. Moreover, I tend to settle pointless cities in my striving for a contiguous empire, I just can't deal with random pieces of no-man's land. Oh, and I never build horse-units. Like, ever. Or Pikemen. I'm a horrible civ player. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Sid Meier's Civilization. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment