True Dota 2 - How do people feel about the 40 minute double rune spawn?


How do people feel about the 40 minute double rune spawn?

Posted: 16 May 2017 10:18 AM PDT

Seems like a pretty significant change to late games where a team is trying to break high ground, or controlling the map well. Do you like it or hate it?

submitted by /u/fibittydoo
[link] [comments]

New Aether Lens feels so good. Just need that and Tranquils for sustain as position 5

Posted: 16 May 2017 02:12 PM PDT

Just finished a Shadow Shaman game and those two items + wand all I needed. Great change.

submitted by /u/snelgrave
[link] [comments]

Best counters to Sven?

Posted: 16 May 2017 08:24 AM PDT

Seeing as Sven has the #1 winrate right now, and his pickrate will probably increase soon, I'd like to ask which heroes you think are strong in the meta and also counter Sven. Necrophos looks strong to me.

Of course, get glimmers and force staffs to kite.

submitted by /u/Fortune_451
[link] [comments]

Backdoor Abuse by Pudge

Posted: 15 May 2017 09:30 PM PDT

In this video you may learn how to abuse backdoor system with Pudge:

https://youtu.be/w9rKyXlWXHg

submitted by /u/RevelationonInfo
[link] [comments]

Some musings on a possible wombocombo: Underlord's and Sven's Aghs scepter.

Posted: 16 May 2017 12:03 PM PDT

When I first started playing Dota 2 a year ago, Sven was the only hero I knew how to play well and to this day he is my most played hero (236 games played, 50% win rate).

One thing I always thought was good on Sven was his Aghs. 125% more base damage for his team 25 seconds?! Holy shit! It wasn't that great before in 6.88, but in 7.00 - 7.05 where the meta seems to just all about winning teamfights and somehow pushing through high ground at the enemy base. This begs the question; why wasn't Sven's Aghs picked up in 7.00?

Recently in 7.06 Valve changed Sven's Ult to give him:

  • God's Strength now grants a bonus 16/28/40 Strength when activated

  • God's Strength attack bonus reduced from 100/150/200% to 80/120/160%

And also gave Underlord:

  • Added Underlord Scepter. Atrophy Aura's bonus damage is now granted to nearby allied heroes for half of the bonuses. Increases bonus damage duration by 40 seconds.

So I got curious and decided to test the Svderlord Aghs Combo™ in a demo lobby and got these results:

http://imgur.com/a/4tDo9

So basically:

  • Sven while God's Strength is active (and has five hearts, I wanted to test how much STR Sven can get with the Ult changes), hits for 1200 while within Atrophy Aura's range with Underlord's Aghs

  • Amount of Extra Atrophy Damage Underlord gets after 5 enemy players, but no creeps around him, die during the fight: 225

  • While under the 125% extra base damage buff the Sven's Aghs gives Underlord 596 total damage that still has the potential to increase by creeps or more players dying

Combine this with the 40% damage reduction Underlord has and the damage Underlord and Sven give themselves and their teamates, you will always have the ganking and physical damage advantage.

I convinced a friend to try this out in a game, here's the dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3184845474

Some notes:

  • This game is probably a bad example, take with a grain of salt

  • Plan was this (not all of it happened because reasons:

  • Underlord rushes Greaves, Blademail or Vlad's, then aghs, then more attack speed, I give the team constant ganks with my Ult

  • Sven (my buddy) builds treads, MoM, Blink, disassemble Mom into Echo Sabre, buy a Crystalys, build Aghs.

  • Tinker pushes and makes space in the lanes while we farm up

  • Clinks makes sure we win the early game by roaming mid and top and being annoying af.

  • Treant makes sure we stay alive with heals and the occasional ult

Underlord (me) got free farmed at bot, b/c Clinks did a good job of keeping Lycan harassed and out of the lane.

Mid and top didn't fair so well, Tinker got fucked by Luna and Sven was constantly getting ganked.

  • Sven and I took 2 lanes of racks at one go with the bonus damage.

  • Sven has the potential to crit for over 1200 with the Items he had as well as heal for 2400ish HP from said crit from Satanic.

This strat might not work in a real game, but is certainly is good on paper. What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/ELite_Predator28
[link] [comments]

How is OD's new aghs?

Posted: 16 May 2017 02:09 PM PDT

I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but it seems like the multiple charges and cast range for Astral Imprisonment would be stellar in team fights.

submitted by /u/speddins
[link] [comments]

Outworld Devourer's win rate up, pick rate down. Only change to OD was his aghs, which was hardly built since the new patch. What were the other changes that improved his win rate?

Posted: 16 May 2017 02:05 PM PDT

Looking at his dota buff page, since the update OD's winrate was increase by about 2%-3% and his pick rate is down by a slight margin. Aghs also only built in only in 95k games (where as the most popular item is sitting at 1.8 mil). So Aghs is definitely not the main cause for the increase in win rate.

As for buffs outside of hero itself, these one come to mind first.

  • Neutrals spawn rate up.
  • Hurricane Pike / Force Staff buffed.
  • Slight Moonshard buff.
  • Deny reward (as he can deny creeps easily by imprisoning the enemy).
  • Scythe of Vyse cooldown reduction buff.

Might of missed some hero nerfs that would have assisted him, but these seem like the main ones. Looking at everything I'd say that his ability to quickly farm jungle and the change that was made to the spawn rates would probably impacted his win rate the most, but I'm not sure.

What y'all think?

submitted by /u/FGroove
[link] [comments]

Bane Aghs Worth? 7.06

Posted: 16 May 2017 12:41 PM PDT

The Bane Aghs reduces brain sap pure 300 dmg nuke from 7 sec (I think?) to 1.5 sec CD. With aether lens seems like bane could have substantial impact with this. How's it looking so far boys?

submitted by /u/Dat_Speed
[link] [comments]

Quick question: Does abyssal blade active work for void, troll, sb and slardar?

Posted: 16 May 2017 08:08 AM PDT

Title, I can see this as a extremely situational item for lategame where you need the extra lockdown.

submitted by /u/HAWGT
[link] [comments]

is aghs legion core now?

Posted: 15 May 2017 11:43 PM PDT

it gives spell immunity in addition to its other effects.

As far as i can tell that is insanely good, it basically guarantees that you can delete a hero and i feel it allows you to get a bkb at a later point in the game.

submitted by /u/ligga4nife
[link] [comments]

Will we see greedier or quad-core lineups in pro play now?

Posted: 16 May 2017 12:05 AM PDT

So I was surprised that icefrog undid the changes to the neutral camp spawn timers, usually it takes a while to go full circle. Yeh it was compensated with less XP and gold on the creeps however it still means there is more to do for 5 players at a certain time and don't forget stacking is back arguably better with the two ancient camps. The runes, the courier, tp, ward prices and cheap items like lace and raindrops all mean the days of a support walking around with Boots and a stick are long over.

So yeh with lots of tournaments coming up will we see greedier play and what about tri-carry line-ups, by carry i mean damage dealers. Dedicated junglers perhaps or ones that can roam and gank as well, like bloodseeker.

submitted by /u/chancetolive
[link] [comments]

Learning Spectre

Posted: 16 May 2017 01:48 AM PDT

Hello all. I decided to pick up Spectre in my ongoing quest to learn to play carry/cores more and to learn better game mechanics. As I received the Spectre set in the battlepass I decided she'd be my next, but I have a few questions.

  1. How on earth do you effectively use her ult? I feel the mechanics of it are really clunky. My thinking was Ult, then select a target by looking at who shows up, then d on the minimap to move there, but it's so slow and risky. Similarly for escaping with it - can I ult then D anywhere else but where I am (close to an enemy hero) to escape?

  2. What builds are most effective when laning? It seems safest to max her reflection and dagger and then ult at six, as in my tier it's unlikely I'll be up against solo offlanes (yeh, <1k mmr 2-1-2 setup) so the bonus damage isn't always useful (but of course it works well for her ult)

  3. Items: I keep reading about a noob friendly version of boots, vanguard, manta/deso instead of radiance. Is this a valid? What's the advantage of this build?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/atc
[link] [comments]

Break: What are peoples thoughts on 'break' and should there be more items/heroes which can apply it?

Posted: 15 May 2017 09:33 PM PDT

As the title suggest I am curious what other people feel regarding break; I personally feel like there should be more options available. Balancing, potential of having Hex apply break again or whether you think it is simply not needed.

submitted by /u/XenSid
[link] [comments]

How does international rank work?

Posted: 16 May 2017 05:47 AM PDT

I have a few questions to about international rank.
1. Does it depend on your hidden/unranked mmr and not your current actual MMR?
2. Are stats like KDA, CS, hero damage, etc important in determining your new mmr or just winning games is enough?

submitted by /u/misfit_xtnt
[link] [comments]

Analysis of solo mid heroes in 7.06 (meta prediction)

Posted: 15 May 2017 10:03 PM PDT

7.06 brought about a lot of changes, with mid being the most heavily affected lane:

  • Denies now give 30% XP
  • Shrines on cooldown right from the start (5 minutes)
  • Extra melee creep in mid lane for 15 minutes
  • Neutrals back to respawning every minute

Here are my analysis for mid lane heroes this patch:

1.Shadow Fiend. With more emphasis on CS and more creeps around the map, it wouldn't be a surprise seeing him being a no. 1 pick for the pros, seeing he's already quite popular back at Kiev Major.

2.Queen of Pain. The best answer to laning against Shadow Fiend, she excels at dominating the lane as usual, with 30% extra XP to boot now, which makes up for her inability to farm jungle camps as fast in between. I think she's gonna be very popular.

3.Viper. I think Viper's severely underrated, his talents are pretty straightforward and like QoP he benefits a lot from dominating lanes as well. A larger reward for winning lanes = a buff to Viper.

4.Outworld Devourer, another lane dominator who can clear creep waves super fast with astral. I'd still prefer SF over OD, but he hard counters several heroes in game so he's a pretty solid pick at this point.

5.Windranger. A mediocre hero for quite a few patches already, but that stems from her weak spike in mid game mostly. She still has the BEST attack animation imo, and with the rise of imba Sven and some neat buffs to her talents, I'd expect her to be more relevant than previous patches at least.

6.Templar Assassin. A nerf to her agi gain does hurt her a lot. I think she's still good, could potentially farm faster than ever with the return of 1-minute neutral spawns, but like OD she is more of a last pick material into lineups that couldn't deal DoT.

7.Magnus. Surprisingly one of the best heroes at Kiev Major gets hit with only a -5 movement speed. Still the best melee mid laner imo.

8.Invoker. Still has the 2nd strongest right click damage after TA with alacrity, and does benefit from more frequent neutral spawns. Glad to see he's untouched as he's one of the most balanced heroes.

9.Lina. She still shits on most matchups hard and clear waves faster than a lot of heroes, however she is severely affected by not being able to use shrines for 5 minutes. And if you can't get used to her animation you're not going to deny any creeps.

10.Storm Spirit. Like Lina, he's severely affected by being unable to use shrines right at the start. He does benefit from a lot of creep stacking, so he could be a top pick depending on how the meta progresses.

11.Tinker. The ever annoying mid laner to play against, he can now farm BoT faster than ever. He does have a lot of problems, being hard countered by heroes like Spectre and Nyx who are very popular in the meta.

12.Ember Spirit. While he is the most popular mid laner last patch he is never known for winning his lanes, so the shift in XP dynamics could hurt him a little. Still has one of the best mid game power spikes so we'll see.

13.Puck. Puck has made a slight comeback in the pro scene previously, but with the new changes in 7.06 I'd expect Puck to be more irrelevant as a mid laner. Does show more potential as a rising offlaner.

14.Sniper. I think he's okay, but why play Sniper when you can play Lina? Not that they are very similar, but Lina's playstyle in recent patches suggests her as a late game long range machine gun with more DPS than Sniper, so I'm not too fond of Sniper.

15.Meepo. More creeps to farm, but new deny mechanics could hurt him a little.

16.Death Prophet. The hero doesn't seem bad at all at first glance, but recent meta buffs to tower armor is a big middle finger to her playstyle.

Notable mentions are Huskar and Razor, tho those 2 are super niche and while they got some good buffs I don't think they are going to be popular anytime soon. As for Arc Warden I've been seeing him more on safe lane.

I might still be missing out on several heroes but do let me know your opinions.

submitted by /u/Hyeri_0609
[link] [comments]

Is supporting the easiest way to get out of trench tier?

Posted: 16 May 2017 12:02 AM PDT

I know slacks is a super meme, let's be honest, but man- I find it much easier to be successful as a support than a core( aside from juggernaught, Pa, and bristle back, I Guess). I mean, I'm shitty, 1k mmr douchebag right here.

-As a core, I play greedy, I get 680 GPM and 700XPM, but I lose because I'm bad at playing with the team or getting them to follow me.

-As a support, I use starting gold to buy courier, 1x ward, tp, salve, 2xclarity- and minor tweaks after that. I open the game with voice chat saying, "yo, I've got a tp, if you need me for anything, let me know and I have your back." I harass the offlaner and make the game so easy for my position one that it doesn't matter if they are a shitty player because they get so far ahead that they can't lose the fight. When my cores or other support is/are low on health or Mana, I just hit them with my salve/clarities. I can play the game with low farm- I'm good enough for that. If they are low on health, I make it so they can stay to gain XP and gold and I just truck it back to town for some more Regen and then pop up mid or offlane for a kill/harass/ward placement/rune control.

It just seems like support are super high impact. You can show up to every fight. You can make sure that your shitty carries have better farm and experience than the enemies shitty carries. Dewarding is easy. If you help everyone out and communicate in a friendly manner in the first 1-10 minutes, your team will follow you into the dark and you'll just destroy the enemy in 30 minutes. Why don't more people support? I get it that you want to farm and you want items and stuff, but man, have you even tried just uplifting the rest of your team. Carry them on your shoulders not by gaining glad for yourself, but by making sure they stay ahead all game.

Edit: it just seems like support is where skill, game awareness, and ability has the most impact and potential. Also, fixed some shitty grammar.

submitted by /u/Deadpoetic12
[link] [comments]

Support Kunkka 7.06 Build/Strategy?

Posted: 15 May 2017 09:46 PM PDT

Looking for advice from anyone with experience playing a 4-position Kunkka, especially interested now that our favorite pirate has received the ultimate buff to make him pub-friendly. I think lots of support players will find him easier to pick up and more effective than ever before.

The real issues I see are itemization and farming... like for example I would love to take the +Torrent damage talent and focus on spells with Aether Lens but I feel like that build doesn't farm for squat. Do you still find the Phase/Drum/Armlet support build useful?

I think it goes without saying but the key items for him now are certainly Blink and Aghanim's. Could we even see Offlane Kunkka if the pros deemed the combo worthy enough? What are your thoughts on the buffs he received today/in recent patches?

submitted by /u/freelance_fox
[link] [comments]

I made a drafting 101 for trench tier players

Posted: 16 May 2017 07:23 AM PDT

In the trench tier I tend to run into people who don't know what a draft should be made of and find myself explaining it every few games. So I made I short (11 minutes) decently positive guide explaining positions 1-5 and some of the terminology. The video is designed to be linked to a person after a game. https://youtu.be/l0LARXfozT4 Side note. Don't be a dick if someone isn't informed on drafting, just be nice. If any of you 10k redditors notice a mistake please say so all feedback appreciated!

submitted by /u/dragostego
[link] [comments]

Question about itemization for Juggernaut.

Posted: 16 May 2017 06:01 AM PDT

Hi, I'm having trouble knowing which items to buy on Juggernaut, as in, when do I buy which item?

The early game and starting items are pretty simple so I don't have much trouble with them, but after Manta + Diffusal, I don't really know what to buy(maybe Blink if I need it, but other than that I'm a bit clueless)

Any Juggernaut players to help me? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Indiv_b
[link] [comments]

Mask of Madness + Heaven Halberd on MK?

Posted: 15 May 2017 11:10 PM PDT

Title pretty much phrased it. I feel like this would be a viable build since the ultimate changed from bonus dmg to bonus armor and MK already have the +5 armor talent at level 10 so the MoM armor penalty won't hurt him that much.

The lifesteal and 20 dmg from MoM will help you farming jungle a little bit since there are neutrals every minute(so you don't have to save it that much for your carry) and the sight from scouting in trees is drastically nerfed(you used to have flying vision jumping between trees, now you don't so you won't do it as much)

I played a few games with him in the new patch and notice that people tend to manfight MK in his ulti now. And echo saber just feel underwhelming for the amount of money I spent for it. Echo can help you land 3 4 hit quickly but it can't make use of the Jingu Mastery bonus quick enough.

And for the Heaven Halbert, It's recently buffed to be undispellable. Give MK some evasion, strength(it's better than raw HP now) and maim(it sucks I know.)

As for skill build I would max the stun first(of course) then Jingu Mastery instead of Primal Spring to synergize with your ulti(as it no longer provide bonus dmg)

I feel like I would only pick MK against a physical-oriented enemies now. I'm kinda weird because I like to play around nerf, so please hit me with reality

submitted by /u/fiendinsideyou71
[link] [comments]

Which Abaddon build is better to use?

Posted: 15 May 2017 06:32 PM PDT

I'm a new Abaddon spammer, only problem is I don't know what to build. Do I go the radiance build?:

Midas, Radiance, Octarine

Or the other one?:

Drums, Vlads, Solar crest

Which one is better in general?

submitted by /u/GreatAwesomeFool
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.