Pokémon GO - I thought I lost my buddy! |
- I thought I lost my buddy!
- Niantic, I think your tracker needs to be slightly tweaked =P
- There's something so depressing about starting a new level....
- Found this in a hike log today...
- [Art] A guy in my local pokemon go group made these
- Let's be honest, Nanab berries are the least useful item in the bag - Here's what should happen!
- Only YOU can prevent forest fires...
- Mr. Miming around
- Seems Pogo Is Starting To Interact With The People.
- Q and A to a pogo plus i found on amazon
- I picked like 100 pokestops while watching one of my favorite groups! Long live Pogo+
- [Discussion] We're all playing this game to have fun
- Dragonite vs. Salamence: In-Depth Comparison
- John Hanke responds to tweet asking to shut down the "spoofer apps" and GPS spoofing. => "thanks for the heads up."
- Open Letter to Niantic. Why not reply to 15 different players reporting 1 spoofer?
- Landscape mode is much better.
- [Idea] NPC Trainers that pop up after walking "x" amount of kilometers
- Pokémon Go Plus survived washer and dryer
- [discussion] my trip to the USA. Got my Pokedex Almost complete. Florida gives herracross and Corsola
- To Niantic: Transparency & Promoting the Game
- What would your top6 be if CP wasn't a thing?
- [Question] Bag Upgrades. Has it been worth it to you and if so how?
- Do you consider this cheating?
| Posted: 15 May 2017 08:34 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Niantic, I think your tracker needs to be slightly tweaked =P Posted: 15 May 2017 09:03 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| There's something so depressing about starting a new level.... Posted: 15 May 2017 09:55 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Found this in a hike log today... Posted: 15 May 2017 06:32 PM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [Art] A guy in my local pokemon go group made these Posted: 15 May 2017 10:07 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Let's be honest, Nanab berries are the least useful item in the bag - Here's what should happen! Posted: 15 May 2017 12:25 AM PDT There's three catching situations in which berries are used for.
In the current Meta however, Nanab berries are completely useless. You might use them on a Zubat maybe? But using a Razz and getting a solid hit is much more effective. However, if Nanabs gave you double stardust... suddenly grinding common Pokemon becomes slightly less torturous. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Only YOU can prevent forest fires... Posted: 15 May 2017 02:52 PM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 06:30 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Seems Pogo Is Starting To Interact With The People. Posted: 15 May 2017 01:21 PM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Q and A to a pogo plus i found on amazon Posted: 15 May 2017 10:02 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| I picked like 100 pokestops while watching one of my favorite groups! Long live Pogo+ Posted: 15 May 2017 07:33 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [Discussion] We're all playing this game to have fun Posted: 15 May 2017 10:08 AM PDT I usually don't have time to battle gyms as I'm a father of a toddler. But I had to pick something up at the store late Saturday evening (that is 10 for me), so I stopped at a library near me to take down a level 5 Mystic gym. I don't get a gym every day so my average coins per day is probably around 5. So I started battling while sitting in my car listening to my book on tape, it was nice out so my window was cracked. This teenage girl on her bicycle rode by after I started attacking and yelled at me, "We'll just take it back as soon as you're done, Bitch!" This was pretty unpleasant. I have had mostly really nice experiences with players that I don't know both that are on my team and those that aren't. There is no reason to be rude to fellow players. I took the gym and put my biggest most obnoxious Blissey in, and now I want to make sure I take that gym every single day. If only I had the time. Anyway, my point is be nice to people. We are all on team PokemonGo. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Dragonite vs. Salamence: In-Depth Comparison Posted: 15 May 2017 04:43 PM PDT Today, we explore how well the Dragon/Flying Salamence from Generation III stacks up against the original from Generation I, Dragonite. Before diving into an analysis comparing them in Pokemon Go, first let's briefly look at their history in the main series games.
Dragonite And Salamence In The Game Boy Games:This may come as a surprise to those not familiar with the main series Pokemon games, but when Dragonite was introduced in Generation I it was not a particularly good Pokemon. Despite having Legendary base stats, Dragonite had a few problems. First, Dragonite's strength lies in its Physical Attack stat, and early on in Pokemon all Dragon type moves were special attacks. Second, there were hardly any Dragon moves in Gen I and Gen II. Third, Dragonite is not sitting in a particularly good Speed tier. And Fourth, in combination with its low Speed, Dragonite also has a crippling 4x weakness to Ice, which makes it very difficult to switch in as many Pokemon run Ice moves for coverage and could one hit Dragonite. (edit: Yes, I'm ignoring wrap. We do not speak of wrap! 😠)
When Generation III arrived, Salamence was undoubtedly the better Pokemon. By the time Game Freek added more Dragon type moves in Gen III, Dragonite was already outclassed. Salamence has (even though it is only by 1 point) a higher Physical Attack stat, and a higher Special Attack stat. Salamence also sits in a much better Speed tier than Dragonite. And last but not least, Generation III introduced abilities into the game, and Salamence had a good one in Intimidate - when a Pokemon with this ability is used, it lowers the Attack stat of your opponent.
Salamence was not quite as bulky as Dragonite, but boasted more offensive utility. Dragonite did not distinguish itself from Salamence until Generation V. At this point, Dragonite was given the ability Multiscale - while the user of this ability is at full health, it reduces damage taken by ½. With this Generation, Game Freek differentiated Dragonite from Salamence as the bulkier, more defensively oriented Pokemon. And for the rest of this article, please keep this in mind. Salamence is intended to have more offensive power, and Dragonite is intended to have better defensive capabilities (which isn't to say that Dragonite is a defensive Pokemon, just that it is more so inclined than Salamence).
Dragonite And Salamence In Pokemon Go:If we ignore Slaking as an outlier, Salamence will have the highest non-Legendary Attack stat in the game when Generation III arrives in Pokemon Go.
Should base stat calculations remain the same when Generation III arrives, Salamence will have a 5% higher Attack stat than Dragonite (note: that this does not necessarily correlate to a 5% increase in DPS), while Dragonite will be about 17% Tankier. Which means, though Salamence will have improved offensive power, Dragonite will last longer in battle. And as you will see in the table below, due to its bulk, Dragonite will deal more damage before it faints than Salamence.
1. Percentage is relative to Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball Gengar(100%) 2. Percentage is relative to Pound/Hyper Beam Blissey(100%) 3. Percentage is relative to Zen Headbutt/Hyper Beam Blissey(100%) *Salamence does not learn Outrage in the more recent main series games n/a Dragon Breath is obviously a poor defensive move and was therefore omitted from the Defensive TDO comparison
Now as you can see from the table, if Salamence could learn Dragon Tail and Outrage, it would have a slightly better DPS output than Dragonite, about 5%. Dragonite, due to its Tankiness, still lives longer than Salamence and therefore deals about 3% more damage before it faints. On defense, Dragonite has the superior damage output for the same reason, it is more durable. And in combination with a higher max CP, Dragonite will also sit higher in gyms. Overall, Salamence can take out a defender a little faster than Dragonite, but Dragonite will deal a little more damage in the long run.
But of course, Salamence in the recent games does not learn Outrage. Recall that Gyarados used to have Dragon Breath in Pokemon Go. Early in the main series, Gyarados could learn Dragon Breath, however in the more recent iterations it does not. It has been speculated by many that Niantic uses the movepool from the latest Generations when deciding what moves to use. Thus, you can expect Salamence's best moveset, based purely on currently available moves, to be Dragon Tail/Dragon Claw. This narrows the gap in cycle DPS output between Dragonite and Salamence, with Salamence barely edging out its rival by 1%. And this further widens Dragonite's lead with respect to its offensive total damage output.
Based on the current state of Pokemon Go, you wouldn't really be able to tell that Salamence was the superior Attacker in the main games. As things stand now, Salamence would essentially be another Dragonite in Pokemon Go, and in a way slightly worse. Thus, let's explore a possible way that Salamence could differentiate itself from Dragonite in Pokemon Go.
Speculation As To How New Moves Could Affect The Meta:(I'm just exploring a what-if scenario, if that offends you then my apologies.) Salamence, in the most recent Game Boy games, does not learn Outrage or Hurricane. It does however learn a comparable move to Hurricane, Fly.
In the main games, Fly has 90 base power, as do these moves: Leaf Blade, Wild Charge, Petal Blizzard, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Play Rough, Aqua Tail, Bug Buzz. Ice Beam, Flamethrower.
As you may be aware, all of these moves have very different base power cooldowns, and energy requirements in Pokemon Go. Though it is interesting to note that prior to Generation II, every 90 power move was a 2-bar charge move in Pokemon Go (Aqua Tail, Leaf Blade, etc. are now 3-bar moves, and Petal Blizzard is 1 bar).
What we are going to focus on is a very powerful Dragon type move, Draco Meteor. Draco Meteor had 130 base power in the main games, 70 accuracy, and 5pp (meaning, they could only be used 5 times). The only move in Pokemon Go that shares those characteristics is Overheat (they also both lower special attack when you use them). Realizing that Niantic pretty much does whatever they want irrespective of how these moves were in the main games, here are some calculations with a hypothetical Draco Meteor using the same stats as the Pokemon Go version of Overheat.
* Please Remember This Is A Speculative Calculation, There Is No Data On This Move Yet n/a As before, left out because it is a Dragon Breath moveset and is clearly not as good defensively as Dragon Tail
In Pokemon Go, Overheat is a 1-bar move (uses 100 energy) that does 160 base damage in 4 seconds. To perform this calculation, the hypothetical Draco Meteor was given the exact same move data. As you can see, if Salamence had Dragon Tail and a Dragon type equivalent of Overheat, it would surpass Dragonite and even Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball Gengar in terms of damage output. And if such a move was given to Salamence, it is arguably fair since it does have a higher Pokemon Go Attack stat than either Dragonite or Gengar. Salamence also eclipses Dragonite in terms of Offensive Total Damage Output with Dragon Tail and the hypothetical Draco Meteor. On Defense, Dragonite still outperforms Salamence, and keep in mind it does get better gym placement as well.
The point of this hypothetical demonstration is to illustrate that in the current state of Pokemon Go, Salamence's strengths in the main games will not be reflected accurately. The addition of a powerful Dragon type move exclusive to Salamence could help give it an offense advantage over Dragonite, while preserving Dragonite's advantages on Defense; thus, both Pokemon would have their individual strengths and weaknesses and neither would be superior to the other. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 09:21 AM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Open Letter to Niantic. Why not reply to 15 different players reporting 1 spoofer? Posted: 15 May 2017 12:06 PM PDT Dear Niantic. Why there is a "report high issue button" when nothing gets done? We play in a town in the Netherlands. We play with a lot of people there. We play with all different teams to lure, catch Pokémon and chill out together. We have 1 spoofer in our town that keeps spoofing for months now. Friends of me stopped with the game because of this :-( The player has been reported by members of team Red, team Yellow and even team Blue (the spoofer is team blue). We sended over 10 reports each person, with screenshots, movies that proove nobody is around the gyms. We sended the player name, his adres and a lot of proove. The reports came from over 15 accounts as we play together with all teams. The reports gave a standard reply. We sended a lot of proove and the game is terrible to play around here. The player in case keeps spoofing. We even sended proove of the apps he uses (team Blue made screenshots of him using Pokémon go ++). Even team Blue (where the player is in) has enough of the Guy and his spoofing. Why the customers service is So terrible? I dont want more friends to quit the game because legit playing doesnt have a chance against apps like Pokémon go ++ or other apps. Lets hope this open letter helps with legit players getting their fun back. Kind regards Alexjeboo Adding Note: we start reporting in December 2016 [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Landscape mode is much better. Posted: 15 May 2017 08:46 PM PDT
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [Idea] NPC Trainers that pop up after walking "x" amount of kilometers Posted: 15 May 2017 12:20 PM PDT After walking a certain distance, let's say 1km or so, a trainer will pop up and battle you with pokemon around your pokemons' level. Beating them will result in something like a few pokeballs or so, and/or pokecoins to use in the shop. I believe this could potentially bring a large portion of rural players back to playing Pokemon go, as then they would have another means of getting items from pokestops. At the same time this would satisfy those players who want more challenging things to do in Pokemon go. What do you guys think, and what would you change about this idea? [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Pokémon Go Plus survived washer and dryer Posted: 15 May 2017 08:26 PM PDT So today I put my watch in my hoodie pocket and I thought I had put it back into my purse when I got home. In a rush to do laundry I gathered all my stuff and threw it into the wash (checked all the pockets except my hoodie) When the wash was done I then put it all into the dryer. I heard stuff bang around but I thought it was the hoodies I put in there. I put it on a 70 min dry cycle and went back to make supper. Boyfriend goes to pick up the laundry and I notice my Go Plus watch band on the top of the basket. My heart stopped I went searching for the top or the battery.. Didn't find it so I ran downstairs and I found the top of it on the floor and I'm freaking out about that battery! I take my phone and turn my flash light on. Turns out my battery went to the bottom of the dryer filter vent. My boyfriend has this awesome idea to get a tiny magnet and wrap it around a sobeys bag. He struggled to get it and we settled on calling the maintenance guy in the morning. Determined to prove I could do it I tried and pulled it up from the vent! I put it back into the go plus just to see because it was definitely dry nothing wet in or on it and it connected instantly to my phone and I was also able to catch some mons!! [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Posted: 15 May 2017 01:01 PM PDT I shall write a post here as people asking me about my traveling. I came back from USA last sunday. Florida (Orlando), is a wonderfull place to catch Pokémon. I have been to the theme parks there. Its was amazing. Lures everywhere. Pokémon everywhere. I catched Corsola and Herracross in 1 day. When I went further on a Road trip to Washington, I catched a couple of Tauros. I can advice everyone to go there. I could complete my Pokedex as the "groom" event was on when I was in Orlando. Got a stunning Meganium 😬 I shall make a longer post tommorow, and Add screenshot of the locations I visit. Now I need a sleep as the jetlag is huge 🙈 Have fun everyone and catch 'm all [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| To Niantic: Transparency & Promoting the Game Posted: 15 May 2017 02:31 AM PDT
A lot of what I'm gonna say may be blunt and contradictory to your small company culture, or what TPC says but I think it's needed, and hopefully you guys can see something constructive to improve on. First your development style seems to mimic alot of your previous work in google in that its internally focused. But, this product needs a hands on approach. This difference in approach is central to why so many have become frustrated(myself included) and have become as David Hollin described "Toxic". This lack of understanding Hollin expressed seems to me due to that fact that even with Ingress under your belt, your not a games company primarily. You treat your "games", like an internal product with minimal to nonexistent communication(save for Niantic Support). No Community Manager, nor partnerships with the community. A patch or update is released and done with minimal fanfare, done when ever its done and with no comment, preview or hype. This is disastrous for a game company as you saw in the beginning, but its something easy to remedy if you follow what other established games companies have already mastered, and that's community management.
Which brings me to my next topic, your social media. In a place where people expect news to come directly from the horses mouth it is a glaring omission when you post things like a pokemongetupandGO# tag while explaining a basic feature, or trying to get a surface level interest going in the community by having them share a picture, which has player morale down and out . What people really want to know is some/any news on what you guys are doing, what is being worked on bugs wise, spoofing issues, etc. Dedicated players like myself NEED to know what the plan is, throw us a bone, give us a development roadmap, even if its without a timeline. IDK how much influence the TPC has on this, but its something that you & TPC should realize is killing excitement in the game. Youtubers that have alot of influence into how we play have a domino effect on player enthusiasm or lack thereof when there is no content or no effort to talk about whats coming. I'm sure you guys have a good memory of the pre-gen2 sentiment people had where even top YouTubers were thinking of moving on to other games/projects and every post your social media accounts made only added fuel to the fire since it failed to directly address two things, when Gen2 was coming and what in general are plans going forward.
The last issue is your website, and how you can inform and promote more through it and partnerships, especially now that you guy's are working on new things. The audience you guys have built around this game is not the same as ingress, more people are playing across different age groups than ever before and a lot of them had no idea how this game worked until The Silphroad and youtubers like TrainerTips came along. Nests, Biomes, Battling Techniques that account for type advantage, IV's, stats, etc…all has been important information in understanding the game, but it hasn't come from you, it's come from other fans. I suggest some official partnerships with The Silphroad, Youtubers to promote this information to the greatest amount of users. The pokemongolive website can help with this, by just adding a forums section. But, instead it's just a blank slate filled with reposts on social media. Take some inspiration from Supercell add a youtubers corner, a feedback section so you guys don't have to go back and forth between reddit as much, and put gameplay tips from TSR and YouTube on your site. And lastly do more promotions with youtubers like what Mystic7(another youtuber) has pointed to, this increases more awareness for your product, especially now that you are working on new features and is cheaper than actual advertisement.
To summarize, all of this comes down to Community Management and a experienced MMO Community Manager would tell you everything I already mentioned above. You need to start thinking more like a games company to have an impact on perception in your products and its just going by too slowly, that's why you lost people in the beginning and why you have "Toxic" players complaining ALL the time, especially on social media. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| What would your top6 be if CP wasn't a thing? Posted: 15 May 2017 12:55 PM PDT Let's say CP wasn't a thing and there was a way to make any pokemon "viable". What would your top6 look like? If you have played the other pokemon games, try to look at this from just a pokemon GO perspective (what mons you suddenly started to like since you started playing go etc.). Also, try to choose between the pokemon currently released in the game! Mine would be: Pidgeot - such a majestic bird! Looks awesome and huge. Dragonair - I'm not much of a dragonite fan, but dragonair looks amazing. I suggest everyone to use it as a buddy sometime, looks great besides your character Ninetails - another great looking mon that I would love to use in battles daily! Gengar - love his grin, seems like a real troll of a pokemon. Crobat - my first 100% IV mon so I have somehow grown to love him. Ursaring - seems like an all around great mon and I like his attacks. What would your team look like? [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| [Question] Bag Upgrades. Has it been worth it to you and if so how? Posted: 15 May 2017 09:09 PM PDT I maxed the bag upgrade (1000 items) out months ago and at that time thought it would be great, but now I kind of regret it. I'm sitting on over 100 MAX Revives that are just taking spots. [link] [comments] | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Do you consider this cheating? Posted: 14 May 2017 10:54 PM PDT I live in a small town with 1 gym. I have been taking it over then the next day it's taken from me, that's fine. I'm on Mystic and it's taken by Valor, which there is more of them in my area. This is all fine. I'm in the only pokemon in there and lose, that's the game, no problem. I noticed there is always 2 pokemon in there when I lose so I got curious. Here's the problem. I noticed I lose this gym around 8am everyday. So Thursday and Friday I went there to see who was taking it from me. It's an older lady. This lady puts 2 pokemon in there when she takes it from me. She is using multiple accounts on the same phone. This has pissed me off a little because I don't cheat. On one hand I think it's cool an older person is playing, but on the other it's bullshit having to beat her two pokemon everyday when she only has to beat my guy. Just to add on nobody else is taking this gym. It's just me vs the old lady, everyday for the last 3 weeks. Just curious on what y'all thought about this. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Pokémon GO - Discover Pokémon in the Real World!. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment