Fallout - I've been playing Falout for years and there's just one thing that I still don't understand... |
- I've been playing Falout for years and there's just one thing that I still don't understand...
- Something I realized about scavenging in New Vegas
- TIL Oswald The Outrageous references the Wizard Of Oz if you wear Power Armor
- I've played FO:NV at least 5 times through and...
- Where Fallout 4's Charisma stat succeeds
- What's the neatest unscripted murdering you've encountered?
- TIL that Cazador means hunter in Spanish
- The "Brain Dead" quest from Far Harbour is one of my favourites
- Guy getting stung by a Tarantula Hawk i.e. cazador
- So I just finished my first visit to The Divide...
- [Question] What books would you recommend to someone who likes Fallout?
- Fallout 4 is MUCH better if you read everything.
- Just chillin with Mama Murphy
- A Few Negative Fallout 4 Intro thoughts
- Fallout 4, can save file bloat eventually cause me to freeze or crash?
- How to fill yourself with bloodthirsty rage:
- FYI: A Boy and His Dog now on Amazon Prime streaming
- TIL of the Magazine Vending Machines in The Strip.
- (Fallout 3)Tranquility Lane bug
- Need an quick save mod for FO4 on Xbox one
- What are your favorite New Vegas DLC, and why ?
- [FNV] NCR or Independent?
| I've been playing Falout for years and there's just one thing that I still don't understand... Posted: 15 May 2017 03:47 AM PDT Who keeps dumping these heavy ass refrigerators in the middle of nowhere? Edit: cheese's crust people I get it. Enough with the Indiana Jones 4! [link] [comments] |
| Something I realized about scavenging in New Vegas Posted: 15 May 2017 05:34 AM PDT For the longest time I found scavenging in New Vegas to be an exercise in frustration -- compared with FO3 where practically every container in the Capitol Wasteland gave me some kind of goodie, NV kept giving box after box that was either empty or had one or two pieces of trash in it. [link] [comments] |
| TIL Oswald The Outrageous references the Wizard Of Oz if you wear Power Armor Posted: 15 May 2017 10:41 AM PDT The first time you go into Kiddie Kingdom (while wearing power armor) you get comments from Oswald , one of them is "What's wrong tin man? Are you looking for the Wizard?" or something along those lines. I've arleady played Nuka World and this just seemed new to me. Seemed funny to me , never heard it before. [link] [comments] |
| I've played FO:NV at least 5 times through and... Posted: 15 May 2017 08:37 AM PDT Somehow I missed Westside and the Thorn every time? I cannot even believe how easy it is to miss such a cool section of NV. [link] [comments] |
| Where Fallout 4's Charisma stat succeeds Posted: 15 May 2017 11:39 AM PDT As much criticised as Fallout 4's dialogue options are, I loved that speech, or Charisma in this case, could be used outside dialogue. Usually in RPGs, dialogue is the only time Speech comes of any use, so you can only use your Speech skill if NPCs want to talk to you. In FO4, Speech could be almost as effective a weapon in combat as a gun, and it was an excellent feature. Intimidating enemies into dropping their weapons, or even forcing them to turn on each other allowed for some pretty good roleplaying experience. I could roleplay as a someone inclined against violence, as I did with my character whose backstory was that he was a policeman before the war. Or I could roleplay as a sadistic bastard who used fear to make his enemies kill each other. I hope Bethesda retains and expands on this system in their next games. If the player could enter a more detailed dialogue with certain enemies after a successful intimidation, instead of just giving them simple instructions, it would lead to some interesting gameplay. For example, say you get a quest to talk to someone to get some information. It turns out that someone isn't pleased to see and tries to kill you. If you didn't have sufficient Speech skill, you'd have to fight back and kill them and continue the quest line without that info (or just fail the quest). But if you did have sufficient Speech skill, it would be possible to placate them, enter dialogue, get the information you needed. This way different character builds could very naturally, enter different quest line branches. [link] [comments] |
| What's the neatest unscripted murdering you've encountered? Posted: 15 May 2017 08:26 AM PDT For example, my first foray into Nuka World, I hacked a robot to follow me. Said robot killed a LOT of things. Quite shocking. [link] [comments] |
| TIL that Cazador means hunter in Spanish Posted: 15 May 2017 07:09 AM PDT Found it interesting that the most irritating insect in FNV is called a hunter in Spanish. [link] [comments] |
| The "Brain Dead" quest from Far Harbour is one of my favourites Posted: 14 May 2017 11:31 PM PDT I just felt the need to say Brain Dead is a great quest. It feels reminiscent of a quest from FO3/NV. The fact that the quest has very little murder (well almost) and there are so many robotic characters with intetesting backgrounds and lore behind it really makes me wish Fallout 4 had more of these quests. I actually felt the most intigued I had ever been in the game trying to solve the case. It had the perfect mix of humor, whackiness, pre-war characters and environments and is personally one of my favourites. I feel as though bethesda has taken on board Fallout 4's criticisms and actually makes me really look forward to future fallout games in regards to story. [link] [comments] |
| Guy getting stung by a Tarantula Hawk i.e. cazador Posted: 15 May 2017 01:33 PM PDT I can see why Obsidian decided to include these bastards in NV... [link] [comments] |
| So I just finished my first visit to The Divide... Posted: 15 May 2017 08:33 AM PDT I don't get it. Why does everybody like Ulysses? He feels like a character written by an edgy 16 year old with a knack for writing to me. Like he's way too "deep" and philosophical when he doesn't need to be. And he wants the Legion to win by launching nukes despite complaining about "old world mistakes "? Also it lasted about 3 hours? Did I miss stuff? I'm just really not impressed and I can't help but feel like I missed a lot of stuff in it. Also "The Bull and The Bear" [link] [comments] |
| [Question] What books would you recommend to someone who likes Fallout? Posted: 15 May 2017 08:12 AM PDT |
| Fallout 4 is MUCH better if you read everything. Posted: 15 May 2017 10:20 AM PDT While playing Fallout 4 the other day I also noticed something. The terminals and such are incredibly well-written. Honest to God I have never read all the entries in any terminal in the Fallout universe despite how much I consider myself a mega-fan of it. The terminals make the game SO. MUCH. BETTER I've never felt so immersed in the game before. I urge anyone who was like me to go back and read through the terminals in Vault 111 to start with. The layout of the Vault and the stories told by the Security Officers/Overseer match up in a really awesome way. I know lots of you already know this, but seriously. The terminals are worth a check. I at least spent an extra 30-45 minutes just scoping out the vault after reading everything. Taking in all of the smaller details that Bethesda added. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2017 06:26 AM PDT |
| A Few Negative Fallout 4 Intro thoughts Posted: 15 May 2017 09:59 AM PDT Nearly everything in Fallout 4's introduction is mishandled. Let's break down the introduction into a few stages. After character creation, you have about five minutes of faffing about; you walk around, touching all the things with which you can't interact, but about which your character is only too glad to spout inane comments. Then you spend five minutes on the Vault-Tec salesman, where no matter which option you take you're dragged down the conversation railroad to filling out your character sheet. Finally, you spend thirty seconds and one dialogue choice getting to know your spouse and son before the bombs hit. Bethesda chooses to focus on all the wrong things in the introduction; there's an excessive focus on things and people that don't matter, and almost none on the two people that are supposed to drive the entire plot of the game. Take a look at how the Sole Survivor (henceforth "SS") acts when he walks around the room. The feeling I get from this is that it was designed especially for a showcase, to show off the voiced protagonist. "Look at us," Bethesda cries! "Your character will be able to make comments like this throughout the game!" The problems with this are twofold. First is that nobody does this. Nobody opens their fridge and chuckles "Salisbury steak," before walking over to the table and blathering, "Grognak number 24, lair of the she-beasties." It's unrealistic, it's foolish, it exists purely to show off a feature, and it takes development time and effort away from your spouse and Shawn. The Vault-Tec salesman does the same thing--that is to say, he takes time away from the spouse--but in a different way and for a different reason. He's the diagetic interface that Bethesda has chosen for you to set down your stats. However, he's bland as a character, and he's frustrating to talk to; no matter how much you say "f*** your survey," there's no escaping it. That's due to crappy writing, which is a conversation for another day. I'm actually opposed to having the VT salesman come to your home because it's just another distraction and it doesn't need to happen. You need to have a way to set up your stats, and that's it. If I were writing it, I'd just have the paperwork be on the table; you can either fill it out yourself, or have a discussion with your spouse about it. That opens up new lines of conversation that can help develop both your character and, more importantly, that of your spouse, badly needed when your spouse is as poorly developed as it is in the base game. Just a few thoughts. [link] [comments] |
| Fallout 4, can save file bloat eventually cause me to freeze or crash? Posted: 15 May 2017 12:00 PM PDT I'm assuming like all Bethesda games that after a save gets so old and so big the game will eventually begin to grind down to an almost halt, are there are methods to reduce some of the swelling, does anybody know of any save file cleaners that are simple to use? [link] [comments] |
| How to fill yourself with bloodthirsty rage: Posted: 15 May 2017 03:42 PM PDT Accidently throw a Molotov indoors in survival after playing for two hours when you thought you had a frag equipped. FML [link] [comments] |
| FYI: A Boy and His Dog now on Amazon Prime streaming Posted: 15 May 2017 03:27 PM PDT If you've never seen it before, now's your chance. ABAHD is one of the core influences on Fallout, and the games have plenty of direct and general references to the film. Enjoy! [link] [comments] |
| TIL of the Magazine Vending Machines in The Strip. Posted: 15 May 2017 02:56 PM PDT I had never noticed them before, thought maybe it was a DLC thing, but nope (Or am I wrong?). Free magazines. [link] [comments] |
| (Fallout 3)Tranquility Lane bug Posted: 15 May 2017 04:20 AM PDT I had robot follower and after finishing Tranquility Lane quest he was gone. I went to commons place but he wasnt there either. Where he supposed to be? [link] [comments] |
| Need an quick save mod for FO4 on Xbox one Posted: 15 May 2017 01:10 PM PDT I'm am talking about survival difficulty here. I'm not looking to take away from the survival difficulty immersion or anything(save on sleeping only, when you die its kind of like a bad dream and you just wake up where you last slept) but certain quests and/or areas do not have a bed close enough(time wise). Quests like the final quest in the first Robot DLC where you have to fight roughly 30 robots in a big room are near impossible. First you have to fight through the whole building just to get to that big room which is hard enough only to die almost immediately in the final battle and have to start all over again(roughly 30 minutes of time each try). I'm not looking to exploit quick save in survival because I enjoy the immersion I would just like to cheat a little bit in these very difficult areas and save before a battle like that. I play with a few mods which do not benefit me but only make it more difficult. Modern firearms:tactical edition and the survival rebalance(increased damage to the player and NPC's. Basically anything center mass and you're dead but you'll walk away from a shot to the leg but it will be crippled and you'll be down a lot of health. [link] [comments] |
| What are your favorite New Vegas DLC, and why ? Posted: 15 May 2017 12:24 PM PDT So, after awhile not playing games, I remembered that life is boring, and, suffering from a bad case of nostalgia, went back to good ol' New Vegas, to this day my favorite of all Fallout games. (A very difficult pick, tho) So, I make my new character, side with the NCR for once, mess around with various quests, all is fine and dandy. And then I remember I bought all of the New Vegas's DLC a while ago and, doing the most reasonable thing, I put saving the mojave from the incoming Hoover Dam battle on hold while I go do other unrelated stuff in Utah, Big Empty, the Divide but most of all, the Sierra Madre. Ah, the Sierra Madre. Dead Money is my favorite New Vegas's DLC. Again, not an easy pick, but goddamnit is it fantastic ! The atmosphere is grim as hell, the storyline catches me and hooks me in, pulling further and further away from life as I shamelessly sink an ungodly amount of hours into this game, but most of all: The characters. Are fucking. Brilliant. This can be said of all Fallout games, but I find it to be even more true in Dead Money. To this day, I still find that Christine is perhaps one of the characters with the most tragic backstory ever, while God/Dog is, no kidding, one of my favorite characters in video games' history. Everything, from the depth, to the complexity, to the voice acting, is just gorgeous. So what about you ? What are your personal favorite New Vegas' DLC, and why ? I keep seeing people disapointed in Dead Money and fail to understand why :/ (Reposted because of poorly titled post. Sowwy ). [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2017 06:26 AM PDT EDIT So I've been informed that I can go Independent without having to kill any, or at least very few NCR soldiers, if this truly is the case, that is the ideal ending for me. Thanks to everyone who commented and provided interesting and useful input. NCR or House is definitely next! Hello fellow Couriers obvious spoilers are obvious So I'm playing a good, or at least neutral good Courier, started out as a bit of a Mercenary, but am now sitting on a lot of caps so I usually help people out without trying to extort them for caps first. I have a deep hate for the Legion, and plan on storming the Fort with Boone to kill every last Legionnaire in that hell hole. Now, here's my issue, at first I really wanted to go for the Yes Man ending, but then I started leaning heavily towards the NCR ending, and now I'm stuck in the middle. I like the NCR, but as I go on I see them as being more and more incompetent, I believe they're good natured, but I think it'd be better for everyone if they just stayed out of the Mojave and became as strong as they could before expanding, rather then stretching resources as thin as possible (as they are now) I also like the idea of running the Strip myself. I think my main issue here is that it's a good canon ending (NCR) vs a good ending that I make up (Yes Man) for instance, I know the Followers do really poorly and are basically useless if you go independent, because of all the chaos, but I'd like to think, as my Courier is part of the Followers, he'd put extra effort into making sure they thrive. I also considered House, but when I asked him if he wanted me to kill Caesar, he said "He's useful, I'm not to touch a hair on his head" House may change his outlook later, but roleplaying wise, my character is sick at the though of someone saying such things. I also don't think House is as good as the NCR or Yes Man. Basically, I really like the NCR, and think they have the best canon ending, but I feel my Courier would be better for the people of Vegas, even though most of the post game "endings" would be nice little things I tell myself, rather than what the slides show. Here's what I mean: NCR ending is good, Independent ending isn't as good, but it is even better when you think of what you(r Courier) would do. I don't like the idea of dying and leaving Yes Man to run the joint, so what's my head canon ending? My Courier preserves himself just as Mr House did, or has an heir to take over. Please don't mention anything about the DLC, I'm yet to start them. I just want to know what everyone thinks would be better for me, a good NCR ending where my character barely plays a role afterwards, or an Independent ending where my Courier forges a brave new world at the cost of some innocent lives? (NCR troops and such) [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Fallout | Reddit. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment