DayZ - Great article from Sept. 2016. "Eugen Harton Tells us Making DayZ is Hard."


Great article from Sept. 2016. "Eugen Harton Tells us Making DayZ is Hard."

Posted: 15 May 2017 12:19 AM PDT

Odd question about youtube videos in DayZ

Posted: 15 May 2017 04:55 AM PDT

Has any youtuber not seen someone? Like walked right past the tree they were in? Or not seen someone right infront of them?

I've always wondered about this. If anyone has any memories of this happening with a video link that would be nice.

DayZ SA Or The Mod =D

submitted by /u/21Astro
[link] [comments]

Taste the rainbow

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:50 PM PDT

Minor Update that would Improve the Game IMO

Posted: 15 May 2017 06:38 AM PDT

I don't think I'm the only person who thinks having an optional Global Sidechat would bring a lot more life back into servers.
It would be quite an easy thing to add and could add so much more life into servers.
Obviously make it optional so can be disabled on certain servers ect... but I think thats what standalone has been missing most since release, acting and reacting to players chatting in sidechat. Also takes away the crippling emptiness in the servers.
I dunno, just a suggestion, might make me want to play the game again

submitted by /u/MrGlayden
[link] [comments]

"What now?"

Posted: 14 May 2017 12:54 PM PDT

DayZ Myths & Experiments #2 (Cutting Down a Hanging Zombie + More!)

Posted: 15 May 2017 06:48 AM PDT

Looting

Posted: 15 May 2017 01:56 AM PDT

Basically I am wondering.. how do I gear up and get good stuff without dying to other people?

Context: I Play on a medium - high pop Private Server.

At the moment, I try and make my way to NWAF and loot places as I go. From looting on the way I find a few guns (just shotguns and pistols) however I never find any ammo for them :(

Every time I get toe NWAF I don't even make it 100 metres before I get shot and die from nowhere.

All I want is to look like a military character and have a machine gun....how can I get this when every time I try to get items I just get shot by people sitting there and waiting for others to try and loot :(

Is there any other places that are safer to go to that offer great loot too? Whats the best loot route in DayZ?

submitted by /u/iGeo__
[link] [comments]

It would be nice if you could check your actual ping when you are in the Esc menu.

Posted: 15 May 2017 06:39 AM PDT

I don't see the reason why we can't check our ping with the server. Sometimes the serverlist is not accurate, and ping may change while you are ingame.

It's something that devs could add in one of the mainteance breaks. There is any reason for not doing it?

submitted by /u/Lijazos
[link] [comments]

Community Modding

Posted: 15 May 2017 02:48 AM PDT

Hi, sorry if this has been asked but is there any update in to when the community will be able to mod. Just like the mod had countless amounts of custom servers with new maps being made and game modes does anyone know if the devs will go down this path to allow the community to customise the game?

submitted by /u/Kruntgorb
[link] [comments]

What would You Do? - ep. 3 (reposted with correct link)

Posted: 15 May 2017 05:09 AM PDT

Screenshots from DayZUnderground's Event "Clash At The Castle"

Posted: 14 May 2017 07:59 AM PDT

so... my car caught on fire.

Posted: 14 May 2017 05:33 PM PDT

Argument about dayz development.

Posted: 15 May 2017 06:54 AM PDT

I sent this link to my friend today https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/52lrz3/status_report_13_sept_2016/d7lgbqg/ he told me that this was bullshit about not having enough manpower and time. His arguments were that they sold milions of copies and that they should have enough money to hire more employees and if they have 10+ years of experience this shouldn't be that difficult for them. His other argument was that call of duty releases games every 2-3 years and that some smaller companies (E.g. Rust has new updates a lot more often than dayz) manage to put out their games a lot faster than dayz and they are not nearly as broken. Tell me guys what do you think about this.

submitted by /u/tamobamo
[link] [comments]

Arma 3 for Dayz or DayZ Standalone?

Posted: 15 May 2017 06:38 AM PDT

Right now i have Arma 2 with all the dlc and the dayz mod, but arma 2 there are some hackers, all people seems to be bandit not friendly and the game is a little bit clunky.

My fps on a original vanilla servers are 50-30fps average(fx 8350 8gb ram R8 280 2gb), will i be able to play the news games?

submitted by /u/samutlgfx
[link] [comments]

Compression and DayZ files

Posted: 15 May 2017 06:27 AM PDT

Has anyone compressed the C drive and found it affected DayZ gameplay?

submitted by /u/Mark_Knophler
[link] [comments]

Singled out by a zombie

Posted: 15 May 2017 05:41 AM PDT

A question about in game lore and current world events.

Posted: 14 May 2017 02:10 PM PDT

Do we know if we'll be getting stories and info on what has gone wrong in the world of DayZ? Like what happened to Moscow or London etc.

I understand that us survivors are cut off from the outside world but it would bring great if we had in-game snippets in the form of military orders, newspaper headlines, diaries and the like.

As I'm getting to know the map and heading from one point of interest to the next I find it somewhat too much of a ghost town in a way.

I'm new so it's all still worth the effort to get there just to see whatever there is but after that, my main incentive to get to the next place is the loot I either need or ( more likely ) want but how great would it be if we were searching for news, any news of the outside world?

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/ChipFromTheShow
[link] [comments]

Short film using Dayz to tell the story - 3min. length (repost: original accidentally deleted)

Posted: 14 May 2017 04:29 PM PDT

If wolves are after me can I pitch a tent and then climb inside and close the door and I will be safe?

Posted: 14 May 2017 06:08 PM PDT

or do the wolves go through the canvas?

submitted by /u/miraoister
[link] [comments]

I died fully geared today because of cooling off even though i was between 2 fireplaces ...

Posted: 14 May 2017 03:56 PM PDT

Trying Some Public RP - Investigating 9/11

Posted: 14 May 2017 02:49 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.