The Legend of Zelda - BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - April 04, 2017


BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - April 04, 2017

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:14 AM PDT

The new queue has many questions being asked so here's a daily megathread to help your question not get lost. You're more than welcome to continue to make threads with questions. Please try and help users by answering their questions!

Questions could have spoilers in them! BEWARE ALL THOSE WHO ENTER! Minor spoilers will be below about weapons, bosses, locations, etc. But someone might ask a question regarding a moment that has happened you have not experienced. So please know what you're entering.

Tips and Tricks Megathread

Want tips and tricks? Read all the tips and tricks provided by you, the users. Or submit your own.

Spoiler policy

>> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Twice a week: All Spoilers Megathread: Discuss the entire game. All spoilers allowed. - April 04, 2017

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:14 AM PDT

The new queue is being hit hard and fast with everyone's impressions. You're more than welcome to post a thread with it, but if you don't want to get lost in the sea of threads post your impression here.

Obviously SPOILERS for anyone who enters this thread.

Spoiler policy

>> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Aonuma states that open-world Zelda will be the standard from now on

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 07:40 AM PDT

Great job, whoever made this beauty on r/place!

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 04:39 PM PDT

[BoTW] Shh.. The Yiga are close

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 06:04 PM PDT

[BotW] Mipha's IPA - Always ready, restores the soul

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:25 AM PDT

It ain't breath of the wild, but it's still my favorite

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:08 AM PDT

[BoTW] My cat passed away two months ago, but we had one final adventure

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 07:47 PM PDT

I had a cat with me for 15 years. His name was Tiger with the stripes to back it up. He enjoyed playing video games with me, which I guess entailed him chilling next to me or on top of me as I played and he watched as he dozed in and out of sleep.

Tiger was getting old. My health was bad too, I spent 11 days in the hospital, and six weeks in recovery at home. We played Majora's Mask. We played Twilight Princess (the howling drove him crazy...).

The day after the Switch announcement he passed away. When I got Zelda and my first horse I named him Tiger, because I always hypothesized Tiger's true spirit form was large enough for me to ride him.

I had to play the game without him in person. The first Zelda game in forever I had to beat without him. But when I got to Dark Gannon, my horse Tiger was waiting right there for me... and we defeated Gannon together. One last time.

submitted by /u/Lauren111
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] because physics.

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 04:02 PM PDT

[SPOILERS] Tip: If you're holding only a sword, you can do this pose.

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 08:51 PM PDT

Link Cosplay I did today!

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 05:48 AM PDT

[BotW] Oops

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 05:54 PM PDT

[BotW] Todays bad life choises: Rock boarder

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:45 AM PDT

[BOTW][SPOILERS] I just spent ten minutes in one shrine because I'm an idiot

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 06:25 PM PDT

I was in the Shae Loya shrine, and there's a jewel you need to hit with an arrow. But every time I shot it, it would immediately deactivate. I'm at a complete loss. I look around the entire shrine. I try to Stasis the jewel, I try to throw a bomb, I look for fake walls...nothing. I end up looking up a guide online. Shooting the jewel with an arrow is the solution. Then it dawns on me.

I've been using a x3 bow. Each time I hit it, another arrow would deactivate it.

Idiot.

submitted by /u/natdanger
[link] [comments]

[BotW] Really wish I could play him a song!

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 07:05 PM PDT

[BotW] Is anyone else's standard means of travel...

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 11:24 PM PDT

...by foot?

I have a horse in my stable. It's a teal-blue horse named Blue. Blue and I are cool, I may pull him out every now and then, but like 96% of the time I'm hoofin' it solo and just scouring the ground any and everywhere I go.

Am I doing this wrong or is anybody else doing this too? Haha

submitted by /u/dadoobie
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] What is 'The Breach of Demise'.

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 01:53 AM PDT

Apart from being a nice reference in its naming scheme, this location is rather peculiar in its geography. Located west of Hyrule Castle of Carok Bridge, you'd expect it to be yet another lush, green hillside, like the rest of Hyrule Field. However, it appears to be this large fissure in the ground, as seen by the steep cliffs and overall rocky appearance, again, unlike the rest of Hyrule Field and the surrounding area.

Quite strange, until you consider the lines in the prologue to Skyward Sword, "One dark, fateful day, the earth cracked wide and malevolent forces rushed forth from the fissure."

What if this is originally the area where Demise first appeared in the prologue to Skyward Sword? Although this could be referring to any fissure/crack in the earth, I have a strong inkling that the Breach of Demise could be the very location described in the prologue. I mainly gather this from both its name, and its appearance in contrast to the areas surrounding it. I mean, it's so different from the usual hillsides you'd expect. Plus, the word 'breach' refers to making a gap/breaking through, which is exactly what Demise did upon his first appearance.

Just my thoughts. What do you think?

submitted by /u/Niceptic
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] This Link is the most tragic Link.

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 08:07 PM PDT

I think many people already believe this, but I'm not sure everyone thinks this Link is the most tragic for the same reasons.

Firstly we got to understand this Link is really the first Link of his type we've ever played. Every other game you play a Link in the middle of a crisis and stop it just in time (OoT, Skyward, Twilight, ALttP in fact the majority of them)...or your a descendant/reincarnation of Link in a world where Hyrule already lost and has been gone/under ganons thumb for a long time (Wind Waker, Original LoZ). In the latter case your Link is separate from that Kingdoms tragedy, he's dealing with the trouble been caused in his world, usually the after effects of a tragedy long since forgotten to history.

But this Link is a Link that "failed". Your not just "someone" 100 years later, your the same Link that failed. You adventure, explore and remember his (and Zelda and other peoples) failure. In the other games you meet long dead sages and spirits from a time long past and while their deaths are tragic, those people have little emotional connection to Link. But the ones you meet this time and the ghosts of people Link failed. One of them is your childhood friend.

Yeah the real(?) reason the plan failed was Ganon was too clever and Zelda hadn't awoken, but from Links perspective as the chosen hero he failed, and each new memory would be a massive emotional shock when realizing this.

He's exploring this world that is entirely alien to the one he eventually remembers. Every other Link it's their world in jeopardy. The Great Sea and his Family is WW Links world, Skyloft and Zelda is SS Links whole world. They fight to protect these things and save the people they meet on the way.

BoTW Link fights to save the last piece of his world left, the Princess, and to make sure this new world that has arisen 100 years out of the ashes of his one doesn't meet the same fate. He's more akin to OoT Link in Termina that way. Fighting to save a land that is not his (in BotW one it's not literally a different world but it's changed to the point that his "world" would be naught but legend if not for the Zora's lifespans and those 3 Shieka living so long).

Mipha is what makes it extra tragic. Like imagine him going towards Ruta, hopeful that MAYBE Mipha is alive and trapped inside that thing (As the Zora king slightly hoped this as well). Only to have his heart sink when he turns and sees her spirit, confirming the obvious truth. The other 3 Champions were..people he befriended yes but they only met after becoming champions. Mipha was his childhood friend. This is like if Saria been dead after the 7 years in OoT but you still work with her spirit, or if Ilia needed to die for some unavoidable reason in Twilight.

So yeah that's my viewpoint on this Link. He's the Link that failed, but survived. The Link that has to clean up his generations own mess, instead of some descendant or inheritor of spirit.

submitted by /u/---TheFierceDeity---
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild Pixel Art (xpost r/PixelArt)

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 01:14 PM PDT

[BotW] I'm not really enjoying a game until I have made a spreadsheet for it. I present my Zelda:BotW Armor List sheet

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 07:27 AM PDT

[botw] 2am thought: with BotW, the groundwork is pretty much laid for a Switch Pokemon game

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 11:22 PM PDT

Just replace the slate with a pokedex and off we go.

submitted by /u/linksawakening88
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] Who remembers their first Korok?

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 06:31 AM PDT

My first Korok was actually a pretty challenging task that took me a few attempts (this was very early, no glider, no knowledge of how everything worked yet). After I had finished the Cryosis shrine on the great plateau, I saw a peculiar ice block down and to the left resting on some of the plateau perimeter ruins. I knew it must be something important so I hiked over, couldn't break it with my axe...went back to light my torch at a fire...couldn't climb up the ruins while holding a lit torch....shot it with a couple fire arrows...progress...didn't have enough arrows...went back and found more arrows...finally melted the ice and heard my very first YAHAHA! I was super excited and amazed. Little did I know, there were 899 more lol!

submitted by /u/Erdahlj
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] A Guardian shot me at the very same moment I found a Korok

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 07:35 PM PDT

[Botw] Just flexing next to my buddy

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 02:42 PM PDT

[SPOILERS] Did anyone else really like Mipha's story?

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 04:29 PM PDT

I just finished my first divine beast, and Mipha's story and her cutscenes really tugged at my heart strings. Normally I don't really get sad in parts of games that are supposed to be sad but somehow it messes with me. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Meowfia
[link] [comments]

[BotW] OK, remaining 756 Korok seeds, here I come!

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 08:13 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.