The Legend of Zelda - BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - April 23, 2017


BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - April 23, 2017

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 06:08 AM PDT

The new queue has many questions being asked so here's a daily megathread to help your question not get lost. You're more than welcome to continue to make threads with questions. Please try and help users by answering their questions!

Questions could have spoilers in them! BEWARE ALL THOSE WHO ENTER! Minor spoilers will be below about weapons, bosses, locations, etc. But someone might ask a question regarding a moment that has happened you have not experienced. So please know what you're entering.

Tips and Tricks Megathread

Want tips and tricks? Read all the tips and tricks provided by you, the users. Or submit your own.

Spoiler policy

>> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] Link's Awakening

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 07:12 PM PDT

[BotW] This came to me while discussing ways to get to Eventide Island.

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 10:20 PM PDT

Homemade remote bomb from BoTW (:

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 11:50 AM PDT

[BOTW] Sometimes BotW physics are your toughest foe. (OC)

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 05:16 PM PDT

TIL Ocarina of Time had two different "Z-Target Center Camera" tones. One used in the overworld, and the other used in dungeons

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 11:35 PM PDT

[BOTW] What motivates you to carry on playing the game after you've finished?

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 08:12 AM PDT

This is not me ragging on the game, I'm just curious to hear other's perspectives.

I definitely enjoyed the game, but I didn't feel much of a draw to go back once I'd finished the main quest.

In a game like Skyrim I feel like there's constantly targets to work towards, like quest chains and ranks and statuses, and those can keep you busy way after you've finished the main quest, but in BOTW, by the time I'd finished the third dungeon I just sorta shrugged and said "I've had my fill. Let's wrap this up".

What do you guys look to do?

submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
[link] [comments]

Do you think Zelda and Link are ever going to get together?

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 10:22 AM PDT

I think it's Hylian likely.

submitted by /u/BairSSBM
[link] [comments]

I just beat Ocarina of Time (my first zelda game today)

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 12:30 AM PDT

And damn, was it amazing Going to get Majora's Mask soon. The spirit temple was probably my favourite. The mirror shield looks awesome, the bosses were fun, required thought, but weren't too challenging. The Iron Knuckles were an absolute joy to face. The time travel use was also quite clever, having to fight as child link was a huge handicap that made the dungeon more fun. The Child Iron Knuckle battle was insane, and probably harder than most of the bosses
Bongo Bongo was also super fun, even though i lost like thrice.
I had a huge problem with the Water Temple, which forced me to use a guide. It was challenging, but not in a good way :/.
SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING FIGHTS:
Ganon's battle was underwhelming. The first two Phases were awesome, but the last was easy. I guess it's because I had the Big Goron sword, which meant that the loss of the master sword didn't effect me that much :P Overall, it's an amazing game and I can't wait till I start majoras mask

submitted by /u/Talonflameop497
[link] [comments]

[BotW] Just riding the Lord of the Mountain bareback while chasing a green dragon named Farosh.

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 12:19 PM PDT

[BotW] Realization while talking to a friend

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 05:38 PM PDT

This is a bit of a showerthought but: The King of Hyrule in Breath of wild's name is literally Roam Hyrule. it's just spelled differently. The first truly open world zelda is ruled by a king named "Rhoam Hyrule".

submitted by /u/stealnthedeclaration
[link] [comments]

BotW Wallpaper without Link

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 03:23 PM PDT

[BoTW] Why doesn't Lynel get struck by lightning?

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 07:04 AM PDT

Was fighting lynel while using the savage lynel sword and had to remove it as I was about to get struck by lightning. then I realized lynel is using the exact same weapon, so why does he never get struck?

Was wondering if there's a side story in the game about this somewhere.

submitted by /u/sylviandark
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] A male Zora's chest looks like a wizard!

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 06:23 PM PDT

[BoTW] The Zora's Domain nighttime music is unbelievably beautiful.

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 08:49 AM PDT

I was playing last night and spent a good chunk of time literally just standing in Zora's Domain at night listening to the music. Let's listen. https://youtu.be/cUFtV5Ds1Uo What's your favorite music in Breath of The Wild?

submitted by /u/youngnastyman39
[link] [comments]

"Dragmire" is now Ganondorf's official canon surname across the series!

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 03:49 AM PDT

Some of you hardcore Zelda fans probably already know about A Link to the Past's original NoA manual listed his name as Ganondorf Dragmire, but it's never been mentioned anywhere else, and that was back when game manuals -- especially in the west --weren't necessarily canon. So no one's really considered it canon since.

Well, guess what? Nintendo is now showing his surname as "Dragmire" on their official Zelda website!

I'm not sure how recent this is, but it's definitely interesting.

submitted by /u/Xaldyn
[link] [comments]

Fanart of Midna

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 03:52 PM PDT

[BoTW] Which Divine Beast did you do first?

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 08:44 PM PDT

I did Medoh. The ability kicks ass, I love the Rito, and it's a giant flying eagle machine with lasers. What's not to love?

Edit: The order that I did my Divine Beasts in was Medoh, Ruta, Rudania, and then Naboris. I was going to do Rudania second but I came in from the west so I didn't get the fireproof elixir.

submitted by /u/hfjaleel
[link] [comments]

I made some korok fanart!

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 05:54 PM PDT

[BoTW] Today was my IRL CakeDay and got surprised by my amazing Group of Friends :)

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 02:13 PM PDT

Breath of the NES V2 Trailer (TOTAL GRAPHICAL REVAMP)

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 02:36 PM PDT

[BotW] Big list of music references

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 08:37 PM PDT

I want to make (or find) a comprehensive list of all the callbacks to prior games' music in Breath of the Wild. If this already exists, point me to it! Otherwise, let's build it here.

Here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

  • The shrine music uses the same four-note ascending motif that is played in the Oracle games when you enter a dungeon room containing a key. (hat-tip to Arin/Egoraptor on Game Grumps)
  • The music in Link's house in Hateno is a more minimal version of the traditional inside-houses-and-shops music from OoT, TP etc.
  • The Temple of Time music is the Song of Time played very, very slowly
  • LttP Hyrule Castle theme shows up in King Rhoam scenes (but not, it seems, in the castle itself)
  • Traditional Ganon organ music is everywhere you'd expect
  • Zora's Domain is a wonderfully faithful arrangement of OoT's version
  • Rito Village theme uses Dragon Roost Island
  • Goron City is very stylistically on-point compared to previous Goron music I think, but I don't remember if the actual melodies are reused or new
  • I haven't noticed whether the Gerudo music is related to OoT Gerudo music, but just the fact that it doesn't hit you in the face with it is kind of a shame

I know there are more but I'd have to sit down with the soundtrack at length. What musical homages have y'all noticed?

submitted by /u/75thTrombone
[link] [comments]

[BotW] Pretty much my biggest complaint so far.

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 10:19 PM PDT

I think the Hyrule Compendium is a really cool concept and I want to try to complete it. It's just irritating that you have to photograph everything to register it. It's fine for enemies and wildlife, but it's a pain for weapons and materials. I don't want to be whipping out the camera every time I get a new item, not to mention dropping everything I own on the floor so I can register what I already have as well. I think it would have been better if items were just automatically registered when you picked them up. It's a bummer when good ideas are executed poorly.

I'd like to add the fact that my biggest complaint is something this trivial should speak to sheer amount of ass this game kicks.

submitted by /u/Know_Nothing_Bastard
[link] [comments]

Didn't get much love on r/cosplay, so I decided to share my Oot Zelda cosplay here!

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 02:44 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.