Pokémon GO - [Meta] Subreddit Contests!


[Meta] Subreddit Contests!

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 12:04 PM PDT

Hey /r/pokemongo,

This is a friendly reminder - we have an Art Contest ongoing! But before that...

We are weighing interest for a spawn contest between teams - where the winner will get their theme on the subreddit!

The contest would be rather simple - get as many Pokemon as you can in a single screenshot. You wouldn't even need a reddit account to participate, in fact.

Would you be interested in such a contest?

Regardless, here are a review of the rules of the Art Contest - remember, you can post your submission on the subreddit before or after submitting it to us!


So, after about a month of Swinub and friends Gen 2 release but a lack of Johto Loading Screens (Niantic pls), we are now holding a loading screen art contest!

Rules:

  1. Obviously, do not submit someone else's artwork especially if they have already made the rounds on the internet.

  2. Loading Screen Art must contain a trainer, as all loading screens have, and some reference to Generation 2 - this can be Pokemon or something immediately recognizable as Johto-specific. Use them in a creative way!

  3. NSFW content is not allowed.

  4. Submissions must be sent to our modmail, or to one of our moderators (not to any of the subreddit accounts/bots, please) before Monday, April 24th 00:00 UTC.

  5. There will be a voting thread stickied (almost immediately) after the submission deadline, where the comments will be locked and put into contest mode, so users can vote for the winner!

  6. You can draw this by hand or computer or whatever - so long as you don't steal someone else's!

Winner gets featured in our sidebar, and a month of reddit gold!

Also, feel free to post your submissions to the subreddit for karma.


So far we have received some great submissions. If you haven't submitted anything, don't worry! The deadline of the contest is three weeks away, so you've definitely got time to submit your loading screen!

submitted by /u/PokemonGOmods
[link] [comments]

I make more kilometers per hour with my GPS drift than by bike - why should I leave my house?

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 09:50 AM PDT

Today, as it was the first weekend with decent weather, I went biking. Especially for Pokemon Go i installed a speedometer and made sure not to travel above 10km/h.

After one and a half hour of biking, my eggs went 1km further. And this possibly just due to the fact that I had to drive up a hill and could not get above 4 km/h.

While staying in my house, I make 1km per hour due to heavy GPS drift.

So, my motivation getting on the bike again us literally zero.

Please, Niantic, please change the speed limit. Bikers will thank you.

submitted by /u/kraven420
[link] [comments]

[Screenshot] Hoothoot for Hooters!

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 08:19 PM PDT

This game need a new ban wave

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 12:30 PM PDT

the more i look around the more bots i see. the number of bots and spoofers running around is incredible. Most of the people that played the game legit stopped for this very reason. this is why i think that we don't need new fancy features but a big ban wave the get rid of all the botters and spoofers around. Nothing comes in playing a game where the ones that play from home can easily with they 100% tyranitar in a place where no larvitar has ever been seen. as of now around 95% of the gyms in my city are controlled by bots and spoofers, what's the situation in your city?

submitted by /u/Fenor
[link] [comments]

The loading spinning pokeball at the top of this sub raises my blood pressure.

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 04:12 PM PDT

That is the sign of my nightmares. What sick joke is someone playing?

submitted by /u/scrumptious_indeed
[link] [comments]

Everything is possible if you want and you love this game!

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 08:25 AM PDT

Hi i'm a LEGIT player lvl 35 almost 36, from a small country called Albania, and i've played this game since july 7. I played almost every day, with no pauses. Here, in the city i live, Tirana, we don't have many pokestops and gyms, plus, the spoofers are the driving force. Still, me and my friends try to enjoy the game and want to be the very best. We are, pretty much, playing in hard mode due to these factors and still i think we were successful. So to all those spoofers around the world and those players who keep saying "this game is not fair bla bla bla, i will start spoofing" im going to say that is not the game, it's about the players and their will to be the very best. Stop cheating, go out and try to play the way it was meant to be played!

Here are sonme of my strongest pokemons Attackers:https://i.gyazo.com/0dfdd08bf073b4ed27b74c66adff7e84.png

Defenders:https://i.gyazo.com/e8fcce9e251cd8b9f00fd54388e55947.png

Sorted by Cp 3k+ - 2k: https://i.gyazo.com/43768f3a082c73df4ef3815d2e161f8a.png

https://i.gyazo.com/bb45eb5a355bca143aa56cf101f2dc48.png

https://i.gyazo.com/9f9f803cd87b52f597027bc71e87ae20.png

https://i.gyazo.com/1ffada941cc50b3637d3cae662695197.png

submitted by /u/TannyP89
[link] [comments]

Today I retire the shoes I bought to walk in for pokemon go.

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 12:30 PM PDT

An idea for fixing movement speed problems / egg hatching: bike mode!

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 01:03 PM PDT

Imagine you could select a 'bike mode' on your Pokémon Go home menu. If you click it, wild Pokémon no longer spawn for you, Pokéstops get greyed out, but -

You can collect sweet, sweet distance for eggs!

Would work well with the idea that you don't play while you drive since wild Pokémon don't spawn to possibly distract you and for stops goes the same.

A top speed limit could be ~25 km/h. You can turn off your screen while bike mode is on so you can even hatch eggs when walking anywhere, passively playing! Since you don't have to use the screen at all, keeping it on would be stupid. Especially since you should not look at the screen while driving, duh!

When an egg hatches, it could give out a crackling sound. The menu is also mostly deactivated; only a button 'Leave bike mode' remains.

Your buddy Pokémon of course could keep on collectin'. A possible balance thing would be that biking counts only half of the distance.

submitted by /u/JanV34
[link] [comments]

[Photo] I tried to render my PokemonGo's AR-photos more realistic just by modify the lights and colors; Here the result

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 09:57 AM PDT

Ok, first of all, excuse me for my english errors, I'm French and this is my first post on reddit (I was a ghost but active user before today).

Yesterday I was thinking about the AR photo function, and I noticed that most of the time, they aren't really realistic. The sharp clipping of the pokemons give this weird impression that it's just glued in front of the photo + the shades and lights on the pokemon never match wih thoses from your background. In result, the photo is cool but look wierd in some points and unrealistic...

So, like I said in the title, I tried to modificate the colors settings and Shades/Brightness settings on my iPhone (so no photoshop rework here), and here the result ! Hope you'll enjoy them !

Here is the full album : http://imgur.com/a/DfBGf

submitted by /u/RaySober
[link] [comments]

So I went to California for a week and played PGo along the way. I mostly wanted to get a Snorlax, but the other things I caught and the stories I can now tell are probably worth more.

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 07:58 PM PDT

Why he is a keeper

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 01:28 PM PDT

My boyfriend and I (from Germany) play Pokémon Go almost every weekend and really enjoy catching and battling together. This week I'm going on a school trip to Italy and since it will be very expensive to use mobile data outside of my home country, I will not be able to play a lot PoGo. That's the reason why my boyfriend downloaded a Version of the original Pokémon game on my mobile phone, so that I can catch Pokémon without using mobile data. I never played the original game and I didn't even know, it was possible to play it on my phone. This made me so incredibly happy and I'm so glad to have him.

I know this isn't really PoGo related, just thought it could be a nice story. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/BimpLizkit
[link] [comments]

My friend tried to convince our PoGo group that Mewtwo was added yesterday

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 01:47 PM PDT

Anyone else noticing weak Pokemon are breaking out of PokeBalls and attacking more than they used to, following the water event?

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 01:45 PM PDT

I'm talking about ratattas and Pidgeys and other starter area Pokemon. I wouldn't even care about catching them except they give XP and dust. I'm losing 3-5 PokeBalls on them but they're not worth using great balls on

submitted by /u/Watafool
[link] [comments]

My little guy was excited to find his favourite Pokémon

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 09:32 AM PDT

Anyone else been having problems with the battery saver function? It constantly thinks that my phone being upright is the opposite and blacks out the screen. [Bug?]

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 02:14 PM PDT

The only way I have found to "fix" it is to tap the screen a billion times. My screen doesn't ever flip out on any other app it's just pogo. Is this just me and my shitty phone or is this a problem? Please tell me it's just the app and it will be fixed in the next patch :/

submitted by /u/coolsleeves
[link] [comments]

When teammates expect it to be an all-Blissey gyms and you don't have one. :I

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 07:32 PM PDT

How do you combine Pokemon Go with your exercise/routine ?

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 05:01 PM PDT

I try to do a daily jog of 5km - 7km a day. I go a steady pace and I usually get .5km-.6km every 5 minutes. If I start to go fast the game will mark as though I only went .1km every 5 minutes which is annoying.

So what do you guys do ? What's your routine ? You walk the dog as you go ? Just go on your own. I wanna know !

submitted by /u/HappyZombies
[link] [comments]

Sign at Le Carrousel in Paris France

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 04:49 PM PDT

Gym Combat annoying glitch

Posted: 02 Apr 2017 04:58 PM PDT

i was testing it recently, and it seems like it is a real glitch yes i know gym is full of glitches xD just this one is fucked up a bit normally when you do a combat in a gym, the enemy mon hits you with a strong hit that lower your hp by 20% or something, but sometimes, it says dodged and u still get the damage, but after like 1 sec or 1.5 sec, you get the hp back, this isnt that annoying at first BUT when your pokemon lets say at 15% hp , and you get a lethal attack, and you dodge it but you still get the damage that is normally not gonna be registered your mon Dies, and then revives, then dies, then revives, for like 15 sec did anyone face the same thing? and i am sorry if this already exist

submitted by /u/KMSO
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.