Learn Dota 2 - How could I have helped close out this game? General support tips also appreciated |
- How could I have helped close out this game? General support tips also appreciated
- Is it wise to drop boots and get skadi on super late games for antimage?
- Can you summarize what went wrong on this match? I don't think I could play a better support.
- I think it's about time we started using Bind Camera Positions
- Mid-Game slump, help me fix it.
- How do I get out of sub-1k mmr
- Is burning spears' self damage reduced by magic resistance?
- Smurfs in high 3k - how to get the most out of games against them
- What do you consider a strong laner and a strong farmer? In what different scenarios do you pick each hero, and which ones you don't?
- Oh god Axe is fed now what
- Opening with brown boots and regen a good idea?
- I want to play some mind games, how can I tilt the other team as hard as possible
- Who is your favorite hero(es) and what heroes do you struggle to play against with that hero?
- How do you jungle Ursa now?
- How to Micro
- if you block all comm in steam, can you still play with someone?
- When should i buy Midas as a support?
- I did well in a Storm Sporit game but I feel as though I didn't actually have much impact in the game.
- Crimson guard on legion commander?
- How do you counter Furion?
- 800MMR Replay Coaching, Requested By YourAmishNeighbour (Abaddon)
- Ember Spirit Advice
- 2.5k games and stuck in 2-4k Bracket. Need help to improve.
- What Am I Supposed to Do When The Support Abandons Me
| How could I have helped close out this game? General support tips also appreciated Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:36 AM PDT I'm a ~ 2k 5th pos player. While I don't think I did as much as I could in the early game with a few failed smoke ganks I felt like we were doing pretty well, even when AM hit his powerspike we still won a good number of teamfights. We had real issues turning teamfight wins into objectives however due to the techies on their team. I definitely think we should have considered rosh more when it was up, but breaching high ground was nigh impossible and we slowly lost all our rax to AM splitpush. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. [link] [comments] |
| Is it wise to drop boots and get skadi on super late games for antimage? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 11:44 AM PDT |
| Can you summarize what went wrong on this match? I don't think I could play a better support. Posted: 19 Apr 2017 01:16 PM PDT I did the best I could. Slark also did relly well. But we got rolled.. Edit: I was KoTL [link] [comments] |
| I think it's about time we started using Bind Camera Positions Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:29 PM PDT :3 I don't know how many people use these, but I started watching a few 6k players lately and, for invoker especially, these bind camera hotkeys seem super essential. So, I would like to start using them, but I am wondering what you guys have them set as? You need one for each jungle, one for mid, one for each rune and at least one for the sidelanes... not sure if people use 2 for these? That would make, I think, F4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 viable Thanks and good luck Edit: On reflection, i think it's also viable that we just doubleclick the portrait of heroes at the top of screen to quickly jump to them? Actually never tried this! It's hard to see people's cursors when wathcing live ingame so i'm not sure if invokers are doing that Edit2: Do correct me if I'm wrong, and in fact high mmr vokers are just fucking accurate and fast as fuck at clicking on the minimap instead of using hotkey for it [link] [comments] |
| Mid-Game slump, help me fix it. Posted: 19 Apr 2017 10:45 AM PDT A tale of 2 games... https://www.opendota.com/matches/3126828707 https://www.opendota.com/matches/3124965712 In both of these games, I was Safelane, PL. In both of these games I had just over 40 last hits at 10 (I know could be better, I'm working on it)... In the one game ...712; I feel like my mid game went well, I was farming while rotating, Jumping in in fights, and rotating back to take more farm, The game just felt good. And despite taking a while to close the game out, I feel like I did great (compared to my norm). The other game seems more in line with my normal games, Consistent with Farming (Core-wise) in the first 10 minutes... but after that, It comes down to just a slug fest between the teams, constant fights, can't safely farm the jungle because 1, another core already took it(which was ok here, I mean Medusa won us the late game in this match) or 2, I get jumped in lane/jungle just trying to get a few last hits.... What happens next seems like a slow ride of death... I can't get anymore Farm, My teamfights net a little gold, but not enough (I die too often) ... and then we are 30-40 minutes into the game and I feel like I still have the same items I had when I was 10 minutes in with barely anything new added... What steps have y'all taken to improve the mid-game phase and get better at decision making, warding, or the when and why to fight.. as counter-intuitive as it sounds my decision to run, instead of fight to the death, seems to mean I die more than I should have... How do you turn-it around from a position of defense, where leaving your base feels dangerous? Any other tips you can provide? [link] [comments] |
| How do I get out of sub-1k mmr Posted: 19 Apr 2017 12:03 PM PDT I'm 700 mmr and after like 50 ranked games my winrate is still exactly 50%, my mmr isn't rising, nor is it falling. If anybody here has been in this hellhole and made it out alive, please share some tips on getting out. I primarily play support because I have no other choice, but even when I play perfectly and finish the early game with something like 5-0-10, my team never pushes the advantage, no matter how much I tell them to and we end up losing eventually after my impact completely diminishes. [link] [comments] |
| Is burning spears' self damage reduced by magic resistance? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 02:27 AM PDT A simple question that I can't find an answer to anywhere. The wiki says it's health removal, but also says health removal can be reduced through magic resist/armour depending on damage type. [link] [comments] |
| Smurfs in high 3k - how to get the most out of games against them Posted: 19 Apr 2017 07:20 AM PDT I feel like I'm reaching the tipping point where that level 20 something account with the question mark that instalocks invoker is more likely to be a smurf than some 2k guy recalibrating. What's the best way to get the most out of a game that features a smurf? I had 2 in my games yesterday (one with and one against so I suppose they cancelled out MMR-wise at least). I don't play a lot of mid or invoker so reviewing their perspective and gameplay doesn't seem to be particularly helpful - am I wrong? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 04:31 PM PDT I really have been focusing on my farm, and my recent failures to players who aren't even last hitting much are making me waver. As the title says, I'd just like an idea of who are some really strong laners or farmers, and in what scenarios you should/shouldn't pick them. It almost seems like if you aren't getting at least 700 gpm in a game, an Ursa or a Huskar is almost always the better pick, even in the offlane. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 12:01 AM PDT Is it acceptable to literally rush Dagon, even as a support, if an Axe looks to be getting out of control? Should I get items like Medallion to make it so that he dies when Calling? I feel like I lose a lot of games to strength carries, and that Axe/Bristle/Centaur/Tiny are the worst culprits due to the fact that they have tons of burst damage in the midgame, with scaling into late game, and have effects that trigger whenever you attack them. I tried playing them to learn how to counter them but all I learned is a.) I suck at those heroes and b.) nobody else knows how to properly play around them either. Let's say I notice that Axe is 3/0 and my team doesn't have any Axe counters on it. Let's say...Slark, Phantom Assassin, Juggernaut, Ogre Magi, and Lich. Nobody who can displace him, nobody who can burst him, etc. What should I do as any of these heroes to make sure that:
[link] [comments] |
| Opening with brown boots and regen a good idea? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 10:51 AM PDT I have a feeling that it is almost never the right choice, but I can't tell due to how often I see it! People starting with stuff like brown boots + tangos + 2 clarities and stuff like that. I have seen it for literally every position. I think it hurts these peoples' laning phases (not enough regen, can't trade well so boots just let them run away from death a bit better), but I can't tell. I have seen pretty much every build work and not work in the abyss that is my current MMR bracket, so sometimes I see weird things and don't know if it is normal or not. EDIT: Thanks for the answers, guys! This confirms my suspicions. It is highly situation at best. I've seen it on way too many heroes for it to be reasonable. I've even seen a slark with brown boots and tangos, nothing else. Needless to say he got rekt in that game. Still not as bad as gloves of haste slark though (he had no regen items). [link] [comments] |
| I want to play some mind games, how can I tilt the other team as hard as possible Posted: 19 Apr 2017 10:28 AM PDT |
| Who is your favorite hero(es) and what heroes do you struggle to play against with that hero? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:27 AM PDT As the title reads, tell me your favorite hero and give me some areas where you want to get better at in terms of hero counters. Hopefully at least someone in this group understands your hero of choice very well and can help you figure out how to play around counters! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:34 AM PDT I used to be able to jungle Ursa rather well and even Rosh at 4-6 minutes into the game. But now it seems like I can't jungle at all with Ursa. They removed a lot of the choke points you could create in the jungle, mask costs more. and it feels like they buffed roshan. How do you jungle Ursa now? Is it even worth it? What is a good time/level to roshan. How do you sustain without the choke-points? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:23 AM PDT Is there any good videos or resources to help me learn how to micro effectively? There are a few I've found specific to Meepo but I'm looking for some more general ones that'll help me with heroes like Naga, Visage, Brew etc. I'm fairly new to the game only around 500 games so anything aimed at beginners would be awesome! Thanks! [link] [comments] |
| if you block all comm in steam, can you still play with someone? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:32 AM PDT Would love to avoid some flamers, feeders etc. Is it possible to completely avoid ever playing with them again? Like with steams block all communication option? I doubt it'll do anything other than perma mute them, but heres to hoping? Anyone know? [link] [comments] |
| When should i buy Midas as a support? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 07:56 AM PDT so i played a game as warlock yesterday. Yes i bought wards, courier and upgraded courier on the mark. But then i went arcanes, midas, glimmer, aghs, refresher...with TPs in there as well (64 minute game). I try to be a good support and not take last hits from carries, stack, etc. That said i have to say the time between midas and glimmer was painful...i wish i had my glimmer sooner...but then again, we won the game because i was able to get aghs-refresher double ult in two big team fights at the end that contributed largely to our win. Without midas i don't think i would have gotten those items (at least not both aghs and refresher). Was this the right call? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 07:28 AM PDT Dota buff: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/416866789 Open dota: https://www.opendota.com/players/416866789/overview Background: I am 1.9k player calibrating a new account, this was one of my calibration games I played storm spirit in a game yesterday and I feel like my KDA is rather deceptive in that I don't think I actually did that much that game. Why do I feel this way? Does anyone mind skimming through the replay? Somewhat tangential question: I am trying to get my bloodstone timing down, how can I do this? Do I push out the wave and shift into jungle? Kind of Unrelated question: How do I double wave as mid? Why do I want to do this and in what circumstance? My understanding of double waving is that you kill their ranged creeps so Yours don't die as fast and so the next wave can catch up as well? Would you do this to push out the wave when you want to get tunes or shift to jungle to get some extra CS? As storm, can't you just push out the wave with your remnant to grab rune or go into jungle? Or does this kill your wave too fast when they reach their mid tier 1, not giving you enough time to farm some camps? Thanks! [link] [comments] |
| Crimson guard on legion commander? Posted: 19 Apr 2017 07:28 AM PDT I feel like after blademail, LC doesn't usually build any defensive items. Crimson guard could be a solution, as it allows her to be a tanky frontliner more effectively. Is this viable? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 02:39 AM PDT Maybe I have been watching too much Bulldog lately but he seems exceptionally strong at the moment following successive buffs these past few patches. [link] [comments] |
| 800MMR Replay Coaching, Requested By YourAmishNeighbour (Abaddon) Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:19 AM PDT As before guys I wanna open the discussion on this since the scope of the video is a little narrow/short. Feedback on the video and additional insight into the hero is vastly appreciated. Heres the video. One thing I probably should have made a point of in the video is that you went Quelling blade first. This is for a core player. As a position 5 it does nothing for you. A couple clarity, extra regen, a ring of protection are all better ways to spend that gold. Quelling blade is for farming. As a position 5 its doing nothing. I'm still not a fan of Blink on Abaddon but the 70% winrate speaks for itself. I think its most useless on an underfarmed Position 5 role which seems most what you play. Abaddon isnt often a position 5. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:12 AM PDT https://www.dotabuff.com/players/408110456/matches?hero=ember-spirit and https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3124271622 If anyone wants to go through a game (particularly the ones I lost) and critique it, that'd be awesome. Also, some questions:
(Sidenote, these are smurfs because I'm 3.7k and I wanted to play with a friend who is still pretty new, the games get too difficult for her if I play on my main. That said I spam support on my main so I don't really play cores at a 3k+ level yet anyway.) [link] [comments] |
| 2.5k games and stuck in 2-4k Bracket. Need help to improve. Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:08 AM PDT "If i lose its my fault and if i win its my fault" My Dotabuff: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/219840421 I dont know what i am doing wrong. What i know is that my reactions arent the fastest anymore and i get tilted from time to time. Do you guys can spare some time for me lookup my dotabuff account and maybe give some advices for a 30 year old guy to climb? Concrete Questions: How can i improve my farming pattern? How can i improve the play of my favourite heroes (spec, necro, riki) Any other hints and tips you can give me? Ill be really thankful for any advices. [link] [comments] |
| What Am I Supposed to Do When The Support Abandons Me Posted: 19 Apr 2017 01:59 AM PDT Just played a game as Slark. Everything is normal, me + Venge vs a solo offlane Timber. 2 mins into the game Venge decides to leave to roam. I ask her to come back because I can't really solo lane vs timber, but she doesn't. 7 mins in and I have basically 0 farm, team blames me for the loss, I start flaming venge, and it digresses into a typical dota shitfest. What am I supposed to do in situations like this? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment