Fallout - Do you play as Nate in operation anchorage? (Long)


Do you play as Nate in operation anchorage? (Long)

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 04:42 AM PDT

The evidence is staggering. A.) Nate is considered a war hero as if he killed a certain Chinese general. We all know the operation anchorage player kills jingwei at the end. The lookout for the uss constitution tells us Nate was part of the 108th infantry second battalion. The same one in OA. And the same one that had members kidnapped by aliens in mothership zeta. At least according to the pre war soldier on board. On top of that Nate feels comfortable in the memory den. You would at least expect him to stare at the loungers for a minute but no. It's almost as if he spent a lot of time around them testing the OA simulation. Edit: you even find jingweis sword in the loot room after OA

submitted by /u/Supermagicalcookie
[link] [comments]

how do people in fnv know what romans are?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 05:10 AM PDT

usually in new vegas, multiple in-game characters acknowledge caesar's legion as being modeled after the ancient romans, but how does anyone know what the romans are? dont they live in a post apocalyptic wasteland, where information isn't easily accessible, due to the state of the world?

submitted by /u/wujitao
[link] [comments]

Screenshot i took insde Nuka-World. Felt really eerie.

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 11:36 AM PDT

Why is Atom's name is there no mechanical/human powered transportation in the Fallout series?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 09:06 AM PDT

I can buy why there aren't like cars and shit for the multitude of reasons I've heard but it's always bothered me that people don't have bikes or big ass tricycles or anything. Why is there not Mad-max like raider gang that has tricked out, human powered, mechanical transportation? With how big the maps continue to get I want a damn bicycle for getting around.

submitted by /u/schdan14dew
[link] [comments]

Why was Operation Anchorage so enjoyable?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 02:44 PM PDT

Now that's not to say everyone found it "amazing", but i think most of us quite enjoyed it more than otherwise perceived possible.

It's a linear, action, shooter DLC. Yet, i actually do look forward to playing it every playthrough. Regardless of my character-type, i internally find it "suitable" to play every time.

Maybe it's the ability to command and choose your own squad? Maybe it's the setting... snow is rather aesthetically pleasing and completely different to what we've seen in Fallout before. Maybe it's the push to claim your reward at the end. Maybe it's learning about the war before the bombs fell. Maybe the concept of fighting Chinese soldiers is just interesting.

Fallout 3's combat isn't that great, yet fighting them commies was pretty fun.

It feels like OA should have sucked. Not only sucked, but such a pathetic departure from what Fallout is all about. Yet, it was done rather well, and still contained many RPG elements.

Maybe that departure is what makes it enjoyable. It's a refreshing change of pace for a few hours mid-playthrough.

What do you think?

submitted by /u/MrOrangeXD
[link] [comments]

Showerthought(spoilers): It's ironic what happens to the leader of the Institute after what it took to get you there.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 08:37 PM PDT

You go through an irradiated wasteland, walk through the most irradiated part of the map to find an irradiated monster man to get you into the institute, expose yourself to whatever energy the janky teleporter you made may inflict and then your 60 year old son dies of cancer.

submitted by /u/Strald
[link] [comments]

Far Harbor or Nuka World?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 06:57 AM PDT

After a year and a half of not playing Fallout 4, I resumed playing Fallout 4. Had a killer time doing side quests, finishing the main story (was going to side with BoS but then I thought "wait, I could kill Maxson and wear his awesome coat" and did just that). But now I'm out of stuff to do, and with my level and the carnage I can inflict with my modded to the max laser rifle and Lorenzo's artifact, no way in hell I'm starting over.

I'm a story gamer. I play on normal mode. I just enjoy being immersed in a cool story and making a character who is like myself and meeting people and doing various tasks. I'm not too interested in the other DLCs which just add mods and settlement stuff.

I did my research and got synopses of Far Harbor and Nuka World without only minimal spoilers, just read enough to see if I liked the premise. From what I can see, if I only buy one, Far Harbor seems to provide much more game overall. How much playtime, if I did the story and sidequests, is Nuka World by comparison? I'm leaning toward Far Harbor unless convinced otherwise that Nuka World is the better purchase.

One more question: Can I side with any of the four factions in Far Harbor? I'd be more excited the more choices I have, I don't want to be forced down one path.

submitted by /u/xyanon36
[link] [comments]

Why don't humans mutate more in the fallout games?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 03:02 PM PDT

I've played F4 and New Vegas and I don't remember any instances of humans mutating into something similar to what happens to other animals. Radscorpions are just bigger and stronger versions of scorpions. Radroaches are the same, why don't humans mutate in a similar way?

submitted by /u/Volatile1312
[link] [comments]

Fallout Tabletop! Comes out in november

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 12:17 PM PDT

It's like he's staring directly into my soul...

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 03:01 PM PDT

Fallout 3 - When should I play the DLC?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 11:42 AM PDT

Not sure if they have vital items for the beginning, too hard to take on early on or the order doesn't matter. Just started, only level 9 and about to go to vault 112

submitted by /u/VinentPlayzCR
[link] [comments]

Fallout:NV Performance Issue

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 01:55 PM PDT

So I recently decided to replay new vegas as it was the first fallout I ever played and wanted to go back to it. However whenever I am in an area with anymore than 1 or 2 npcs my framerate slows to a grinding halt, I've tried NVSR NVSE NV4gb and almost every solution I could find to no avail. My Specs: Intel Core i5-4460 GTX 960 Generic ASRock Motherboard 16gb RAM

submitted by /u/Prionian
[link] [comments]

How do you guys manage your inventory space in FO1?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 09:03 AM PDT

i'm currently in Junktown, things went to shit here and i had to massacre almost the entire town, where i ended up with a massive inventory, also during the character creation i think i picked a perk that lessened my total inventory weight for extra agility or something (my current max inventory weight is 130), anyways there are a number of valuable stuff that i don't really wanna get rid of including the metal armor, and several different pistols (9, 10, 14, Desert Eagle) that i'm afraid to sell or drop because i don't know which type of ammo is the most common.

submitted by /u/Cell91
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 mod ideas?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 02:46 PM PDT

Mod author here. Looking for a new mod idea, anyone have a request. Yes I know nexus has a forum for this.

submitted by /u/Creepios10
[link] [comments]

The Great Battle of Sanctuary Hills

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 09:40 PM PDT

So I was just minding my own business and dicking around with the Wintermute mod which, if you don't know, is a mod that lets you use the Robot Workbench to make your own synth companion. I travel to my secret facilities over at Spectacle Island (don't want settlers to know the Minutemen are making weapons of mass destruction) where I get to work on my new robo-buddy.

Well, I think I messed up the mod and things got scary. What was supposed to be a synth that seemed indistinguishable from a human became a very obvious and murderous sounding robot in the husk of a human body. Nope, not gonna happen. Looks like the Slog is going to be my fucked-up-robot-dump.

I cut my losses and head back to Sanctuary Hills. I arrive late at night and decide to head to sleep behind the safety of the city walls.

When I wake up, I hear an eerie yet familiar voice. I slowly creep downstairs, sub machine gun in hand. In my Overseer's desk, furiously typing away at the terminal, is none other than Wintermute herself.

"What are you doing back here?" I stammer nervously.

"Are you ready to head back out on the road?" she replies, in that same murderous voice. 

I think to myself that this shit's too sketchy and decided to unload a burst of Tommy Gun rounds into her face. Man, do I wish I knew what I had started.

Turns out Wintermute is meant to be immortal, and when she clambered back up from her injured position, she turned her attention towards me. She was wielding a simple baton, but I was still terrified. I turned and ran. Local police forces charged in to apprehend the deranged robot. I heard many gunshots, followed by screams. All went silent. Then, out came Wintermute with a brand new shotgun she stole off a dead Minuteman.

The locals decided it was their turn to try and destroy the machine. Well, one of these locals just so happened to run into my line of fire, and took the bullet that was meant to kill the robot.

The settlers turned their attention towards me. Everyone began to fire at my general direction. I had no choice but to fight back. I fought my way to the front gates and managed to kill a few of my townspeople that I grew to enjoy being around.

I turned to look back at what my great city had become. Screams of the innocent being killed, orders being given out by the few remaining officers, and that oh so familiar sound of gunfire in the distance.

I let out a small cry of joy when I saw Dogmeat come running towards me. That joy, soon turned to terror, as Dogmeat leapt up onto me, and ripped out my throat.

Colonel Garvey and Lieutenant Macready, who were both stationed at Spectacle Island during the time of the battle, would never know their once proud army had become. Rumors say that the Minutemen at Sanctuary turned to raiding to survive. Some say that they were all killed during the fight. There are even those who claim to be survivors of the battle, but nobody can be certain who was actually there and who is just lying, but in the end; war...

....war never changes.

submitted by /u/Zack123456201
[link] [comments]

Which Fallout would be best for a total newbie to the series?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 12:49 PM PDT

Hello fellow gamers, like the title says i haven't played none of the fallout game series (dont hate me) and im really interested in diving into them.

As veteran fallout games players which would you recommend?

Fall out 3?

Fallout New Vegas?

Fall out 4?

Other?

Im on the Xbox one if it matters.

submitted by /u/RauJ
[link] [comments]

Has anyone else experienced a glitch where Shaun does not spawn in his bed in The Nuclear Option?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 04:34 AM PDT

This happened to me. I did not take a video or picture of it, but as I was going into his room to get doors to Advanced Systems open, I hear frantic sprinting. I go upstairs and he is running into his bed. Literally. He was running directly into his bed because he was supposed to be lying in it, but then he gave up and just talked to me standing up. Kinda ruined the scene. I executed him with the Shem Drowne sword when he wouldn't give me the director override.

submitted by /u/ThisIsForRandall
[link] [comments]

Heheheh, he said "pipe".

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 04:19 PM PDT

Hello guys, i have a question about Yao Guai meat. (FO4)

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 11:35 AM PDT

Someone know where I can find Yao Guai's or maybe some specific meat sellers? I just need so much for my «Death Claw» island :D

I know about re-spawning in location Fairline Hill Estates. Their re-spawn should happen in 2-3 game days, but it's not. Even after 30 days.

Also get same situation near Suffolk school. There are 3 Yao Guai's and also get troubles with re-spawning.

Don't tell about console. Don't want to use it. Simple :)

submitted by /u/Jethias
[link] [comments]

TIL The Above-head storage space used in the Vault Employee Transport Cart is literally just small Vault Railings.

Posted: 25 Apr 2017 06:34 PM PDT

I dont know if Im late to the party, but this is honestly pretty cool.

https://imgur.com/gallery/niFX7

submitted by /u/General_Jose_8
[link] [comments]

Is Fallout 4 ever going to be playable through VR?

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 06:44 AM PDT

The Next BGS Game is going to have a Multiplayer Element

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 01:25 PM PDT

I created this thread to start a possible discussion on what this could entail.

To start this off I made a video about this and if you want to you can see it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnQovpx_MEc

submitted by /u/Jimbo457890
[link] [comments]

The Skill System AND the Perk Chart (and how to fix them)

Posted: 26 Apr 2017 12:11 AM PDT

It seems many people around here greatly prefer the skill system and seem to think that its great for roleplay. I decided to make a post explaining its flaws and comparing them to the flaws of the Perk Chart. Now hold on pal, put away your pitchfork for a second I'm not insulting either system since I love both. I just figured it needed to be said that it wasn't perfect. Alright, lets go.

The skill system has 2 major issues. The first of these issues is the fact that your SPECIAL stat hardly actually affects it. Sure your character is literally half a step above a vegetable in Intelligence but you'll have a tough time finding someone who can hack a computer faster than him. This same situation applies to many skills and I could go into more boring details but I'm sure you get the point. The SECOND issue with the Skill system is the redundant or useless skills. For example, Survival is all but useless compared to Medicine even in hardcore mode. Speech and Barter are legitimately two parts of the same thing. There are, again, more examples of this but I'd rather not stretch this post for no reason. These same issues also bleed into the perks included with the skill based system.

The Perk Chart fixes one of these two issues in a great way. The actual skills your character has access to are entirely dictated by your SPECIAL stat. The downside to this is that MANY of the perks default to boring damage increasing perks.

The best way to fix this is to take the Skill System, add more ranks of the Intense Training perk, and make skills have a cap if your related SPECIAL stat isn't high enough. I believe this would nearly entirely fix any issues with the systems while keeping what makes both great.

Do you agree? You still gonna use that pitchfork? Let me know!

EDIT: Oh yeah, also mix some of the skills together like Medicine + Survival and Barter + Speech.

submitted by /u/LoneWanderer2580
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.