Dota 2 - Kiev Compendium Predictions Megathread


Kiev Compendium Predictions Megathread

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:46 PM PDT

Hey Now,

Go ahead and discuss all your sick compendium strats in the comments below. Here we'll keep linked the other threads for you to reference.

Who Link
Merlini & Nahaz Link
Purge & Slacks Link
Grant & Cap Link

Alternatively you can check out /u/Kainaabz spreadsheet which compiles all the data.

submitted by /u/leafeator
[link] [comments]

SoNNeikO back to Na'Vi

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 04:02 AM PDT

Found EG's Twitter schedule too

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 07:14 AM PDT

China will force games with loot boxes to disclose drop rates starting from May 1, 2017.

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:28 AM PDT

Team Newbee 100% ready for Kiev

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:08 AM PDT

Team Random's Practice Room Sign

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 07:23 AM PDT

LoreGasm 4: The Bladeform Legacy by SirActionSlacks

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 08:22 AM PDT

Can we get the rate your teammate system back?

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 06:12 AM PDT

A few years back there was a system in place that asks you after a match how much you enjoyed playing with somebody (1-5), the player was chosen randomly. The great thing about this is that you don't have to report or commend somebody directly, but rather give a small basic feedback about a player in your team after the game. This might be a way to increase the amount of games with nice and good teammates in the future without using more drastic measures (like reporting somebody). Just my two cents.

submitted by /u/dralois
[link] [comments]

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Bulldong "The Rat"?

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 08:43 AM PDT

I thought not. It's not a story Na'Vi would tell you. It's a Dota legend.

Darth Bulldong was a Dark Lord of the Backdoor, so powerful and so wise he could use the Desolator to influence the towers to lose armor… He had such a knowledge of the rat, he could even keep the ones he cared about from being ratted against. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing a LAN, which eventually, of course, he did.

Unfortunately, he taught his subscribers everything he knew, then his subscribers sniped him off his stream. Ironic. He could save others from rat Dota, but not himself.

submitted by /u/2deezy
[link] [comments]

Just noticed something here that is not right ...

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 07:35 AM PDT

Valve, can we have clips from rampages, aegis snatches in the news feed?

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 03:08 AM PDT

Hey,

I think it would be cool as fuck if you could click on a newsfeed post of a rampage and watch ~30 seconds leading up to the rampage and ~5 sec afterwards (more important for aegis snatches).

Let's be honest, first of all the game does not tell you the game time of the rampage and second downloading the whole replay just to see the rampage is unnecessary.

These are not clips per say but rather shortened replay files that can be viewed like all regular replays.

This does not bloat the DotA client or affect its performance..

The technical challenges would be to create a snippet from the replay that only contains the <1 minute footage of the event highlighted in the news feed entry. The difficulty depends on the replay format:

  • a) parse replay until 30sec before rampage, create complete game state for new replay and add the information for the next ~35 seconds into the new replay.

  • b) if the replay format contains multiple complete snapshots (since you can jump to different game times when viewing replays I assume so): take 2-3 of these snapshots, create starting point game state and add the replay information as necessary

Players will download (temporarily, file/folder gets deleted when starting the client) the shortened highlight replay and the DotA client can play it just like your average replay with all the controls etc.

These replay highlight files should also be available for at least 2-4 weeks instead of the usual 1-2 weeks for the whole replay files. They are very small files and not every game contains a highlight so I think storing them for 4 weeks should not be a problem?

This of course introduces a lot of technical overhead for the servers. All games that contain one of these highlights have to create a short replay snippet and they have to be made available for users to download.

This is not a pressing issue but something cool that could be worked on when DotA itself does not have any other pressing issues.

Let me know what you think about this or how my idea can be improved.


Edit:

Since this seems to be an unreasonable request, it would be sweet to at least add the ingame time stamp for the event:

"Xyz got a RAMPAGE at 35:35 as Phantom Assassin!"

Clicking on the entry should also give you an option to get to the point of the rampage in the usual replay file.

submitted by /u/2slow4flo
[link] [comments]

Slacks launches patreon page to bring back Major Down Low

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 09:01 AM PDT

Dota 2 Update - MAIN CLIENT - April 19, 2017

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:51 PM PDT

A new patch has been dispatched for the main client. More info will be edited in as I analyze the patch.


Analysis Status: Done


Blog Update

  • The Kiev Major and Beyond: link

UI Updates

In-Game

  • The XPM of characters will stop being calculated after they reach Level 25.

Dashboard

  • The About section of each hero on the Loadout now has a Stats column that provides all the numerical info about the hero.

Reports

  • Report grants now scale directly with the number of games played.
  • Enemy players can now only be reported for communication abuse.

Other Fixes

  • Performance improvements to help during team fights on low end systems.
  • Fixed Player Conduct Summary not showing recent commends.

Related Links

  • Changelog: None yet.

Patch Size: 100.2 MB (with Tools)

submitted by /u/SirBelvedere
[link] [comments]

NiP: INSANIA REPLACES SYNDEREN

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 10:34 AM PDT

OG bootcamp episode 2

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 08:34 AM PDT

Damn, I love Pugna

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 01:36 PM PDT

Damn, I love Pugna. As soon as the match begins and I have the cute little green guy all to myself, I know that nothing's going to stop me from smiling and laughing for the next hour or so.

My secret is that I am the lover to that little gooey goblin. Pugna is my everything and he makes me feel ethereal with intimacy. Pugna's kit makes him the ultimate lovemaking machine, like that is what he was built to do. I picture that I am a lonely squire, secluded on my bed in my quarters, when the royal Pugna walks in, removes his Nether Lord's Regalia, and says "The Nether's reach is long!". In this moment, I know that Pugna will have his way with me. First, big P will use his Nether Blast, a powerful burst of pure spine-chilling pleasure that oozes to every crevice of my body, I feel as though I'm going to erupt with ecstasy. That is Pugna's signal that I am his for the taking...

Next, He decrepifies me, and suddenly I am on cloud nine, in a surreal frame of body and mind, and every touch of Pugna sends orgasmic chills down my spine, as though I am unable to even move, paralyzed by the insurmountable wave of pleasure overcoming me, it's as though I can't even try to resist, even if I wanted to, and Pugna further asserts his dominance over me and everything I am.

By now Pugna has me right where he wants me, I try to tell him to slow down, but I am on his time now. While P is the ultimate lover, I need to know that he owns me. My Green Daddy puts down his nether ward, so now, if I try to resist daddies urges, I will be punished... every squirm and gasp goes noticed, and I am zapped like a canine with a shock collar. It should hurt... but.. it doesn't, with each zap I feel myself coming closer to the edge, and by now daddy knows that I am his. Everything I thought I knew about my body is out the window, none of it belongs to me, it belongs to Pugna now.

At this point I am ready to burst, It's as though the slightest movement will bring me to climax, but I know daddy isn't finished with me yet... That's when he does it. Everything else had been child's play compared to what I would experience next. Pugna inhaled deeply, and before I could even react, I was welcomed to the the good suck. Oh my God. The moment Pugna graced me with his suck, I came with such an incredible force and power, the likes of which I have never experienced before. Pugna didn't stop. He kept sucking and sucking and the cum continued to erupt from my member, rope after rope of my juices being absorbed into my Daddy Pugna's throat, and he never missed a single drop. It felt as though my very being was leaving my body and entering his, in the form of my spunk. This orgasmic revelation continued until I was completely dry, and only then was I released from his suck.

Daddy wiped his mouth, smiling, I could tell he was pleased with my offering. Since I had been absolutely depleted by him, Pugna tucked me in, and left as swiftly as he had entered. I didn't want it to end, I wished he would walk back in and take me all over again. But I started to doze off, I was so sleepy from my gargantuan orgasm, so I knew I had to catch some bzz's, and just pray that I would dream it all over again...

Damn, I love Pugna.

submitted by /u/Catsfosho
[link] [comments]

Daily Reminder that Ability Draft is broken.

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:05 AM PDT

It's broken in the means, that there is this bug, where if a hero has an agh's upgrade which gives them another ability, it enables them to have two ultimates, such as Zeus, with his normal ultimate, and another one he is able to pick from the ability pool. Please fix this gamemode, it is an official mode, and revamp the picking screen like you did with Captains Mode.

submitted by /u/_sensei
[link] [comments]

Why is Visage's Level 25 Talent 20% Spell Amp?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 09:41 PM PDT

It only affects one spell and items. Why not increase familiar health, reduce gravekeeper's cloak refresh rate, reduce familiar CD, make one of the 2 skills AoE? 20% spell amp is a little lazy in my opinion.

Edit: clearing it up. it mainly bothers me cause it's such an odd level 25 talent, not because I think it has 0 purpose. Icefrog changed lots of spell amp to just +damage as well but the spell amp is a little awkward on a hero like Visage especially on a level 25.

submitted by /u/dumpermelon
[link] [comments]

Valve, can you please let people know that they're muted BEFORE they join a game?

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 12:16 AM PDT

It's a drag. Seems like an obvious and easy fix

submitted by /u/dietraumdeutung
[link] [comments]

The Kiev Major and Beyond

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 06:55 PM PDT

Monkey King can use Medallion to become invisible and untargetable

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 09:21 AM PDT

Play too much carry bad for your brain

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 08:27 AM PDT

So I'm doing my homework, but I feel so sleepy. I try to stay awake but I just gave up and take a quick nap.

Here I'm in the middle of hospital room, full of sad people, circling around this old dying lady. And I hear my gf whisper to me "lets get out of here, I cant stand it anymore. I think I'm gonna cry."

But... faster than rtz manta dodge reaction time, I spontaneously answer "be patient, wait for the last hit".

And I hear that sweet coin sound as I woke up.

submitted by /u/meepppssss
[link] [comments]

Congrats to the Better iG Squad for Winning the ZOTAC Cup Masters China Qualifier!

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 01:16 AM PDT

Invictus Gaming 3-1 iG.Vitality

BURNING ANTI-FUN!

Twitch VOD

submitted by /u/Etherkai
[link] [comments]

Semi-daily hero tips. Day 70: Pudge

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 05:14 AM PDT


DISCLAIMER

A lot of you probably know about the weekly hero discussion, but that often ends up in a meta discussion (whether or not the hero needs buffs, etc) or a meme war than actual tips to play, itemize and build the hero.

This is what I'd like to do. Please discuss any notes I made and possible improvements while also giving tips of your own if you have them.

The roles, skill builds and item builds, as well as a lot of the notes are my opinion on matters and should not be seen as a must do or don't. Also remember that almost every single build or role is situationally possible.

A lot of the tips on heroes were also mentioned in tsunami's amazing hero tips series he did over the last couple of years.


Pudge

Notes:

  • You need to kill or be around kills as much as possible, you need those flesh heap stacks
  • Meat hook no longer goes through siege creeps as of 6.85
  • Meat hook goes through invulnerable units as of 7.03. This means you can no longer hook Jug out of his ult and more importantly you can't hook cycloned units anymore!
  • Enemies you hook get free pathing for 5 seconds if you hook them into inaccesible terrain (bullshit imo, but that's the way it is)
  • Animation cancel that hook and laugh at the enemies movement
  • Hooking enemies from the jungle during the laning phase is easiest if you wait for them to move in to get the last hit
  • Turn of rot if you notice it's not affecting the dismembered enemy. Dismember range is larger than rot radius
  • Don't feel all high and mighty if you start rotting and get a lucky deny on yourself. Use it when you're 1 auto attack away from death.
  • You can quickly toggle rot on and off if your only goal is to slow the enemy and have yourself take less damage. The slow lingers for 0.5 sec.
  • If you can dismember without hooking first, please do.
  • Try and dismember while hook flies. High skill, high reward
  • Don't use dismember against roshan if the enemy is not dead and you can't take the fight. The "Fresh meat" sound is global
  • Spam rot if rubick is on the other team, don't let him steal hook
  • Illusion rune? Always put one on the high ground of the enemy mid, just out of tower range, wrap around with the real pudge to the other side --> ez hook
  • Counters: High skill puck (get a blink on pudge to catch him), Kunkka, Storm, Akasha (aka QoP), Timbersaw (lane), Brood (incredibly hard to hook and to target for dismember, too fast in webs for rot), LD (has bear to block hooks and cancel dismember), Earth Spirit (long range dismember cancel), Oracle (hard dispel on ult)
  • Good versus: Spectre (needs a lot of farm early and is easy to gank), Zeus (easy to gank)
  • Versus: Become pudge, know what you would do as pudge to predict his movements and ward appropriately
  • You don't need to skill flesh heap to get the stacks when you do level it later on
  • "Poedge"

Role: roaming support (, mid)

Item build: Bottle/Wand, Smoke, (Arcanes/Treads/)Tranquils, Urn, (Blade Mail, Aether lens, Force staff, blink, Gem, heart, BoT, agh's, Hood of Defiance --> Pipe, Shiva's, Solar Crest)

Skill build: lvl 1 rot or hook, max hook --> rot --> flesh heap


PREVIOUS HEROES

submitted by /u/Jeten_Gesfakke
[link] [comments]

EE doing triple stack

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 02:19 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.