Civilization - [CIV 5] I built a city with over 1700 production


[CIV 5] I built a city with over 1700 production

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 10:28 AM PDT

Turn 245 Brazil Deity Culture Victory

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 05:18 AM PDT

Why doesn't the Dead Sea provide salt?

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 08:28 AM PDT

I mean, the reason it is the the dead sea is because all of that salt. It is known for two things: being the lowest point on earth and the salt sea ( this is how it is called in Hebrew). I think it should replace the faith bonus.

submitted by /u/zeBlackCrack
[link] [comments]

Civ V: Fuck this game

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 01:23 PM PDT

It's too addictive. I can't stop playing. How do I stop?
I'm not much of a gamer, but I wanted something new to play (Minecraft is my game of choice). I looked up a few 'what's a good/addicting game' threads here on Reddit. Civilization (specifically 5) kept popping up. "What the hey? I'll give it a shot," I thought to myself as innocently as a lamb being led to the slaughter.
So far I've only played one game, but I'm about to start another and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. This game is amazing. I just killed everybody in that first game, but I'm going to try a science or !maybe culture victory this time.
I'm looking forward to being part of this community. Any advice for a newbie would be much appreciated...including on how to stop. When it said I won and the one button said 'just...one...more...turn" I knew I was fucked. Too much fun.

submitted by /u/YouCanCallMeMark
[link] [comments]

[Civ 5 R.E.D. Mod] Operation Barbarossa album

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 02:41 PM PDT

A Competitive Civilization VI Tournament by The Civilization Players League

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 04:55 AM PDT

When you go into the wrong neighborhood

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 12:58 AM PDT

Is playing with barbarians off cheating? (Civ 5)

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 07:30 AM PDT

I hate barbarians on civ so I just turn them off, but I feel like I'm cheating the game, what does everyone think?

submitted by /u/ADPW
[link] [comments]

The Almighty Ruble

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 03:20 PM PDT

Base warmongering should scale with your total military score.

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 03:19 PM PDT

No one really cares if a couple tiny nations are fighting each other, but large nations declaring war is a much bigger deal.

submitted by /u/alexanderyou
[link] [comments]

[CIV VI] Why is the Investment Banking achievement what it is?

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 01:35 PM PDT

The achievement in question reads:

Have an enemy city under siege at the start of the turn

Why is the achievement called that? Is it a goof? Am I missing a joke?

submitted by /u/A_Travelling_Man
[link] [comments]

How to reduce distance between cities?

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 02:23 PM PDT

I am trying to reduce the minimum distance cities can be founded from one another, but every single mod I've downloaded doesn't work, any tutorials or forum posts I've found are unspecific, ancient, & still don't fix my problem, and no matter how many "min_city_range"s I change from 3 to 1; the game doesn't want to comply.

I've tried deleting and adding files and folders to no avail, editing mods and creating my own, every turn I take is wrong and I am at wits end as how to decrease the minimum range between cities.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/MindeKing
[link] [comments]

For all you early Relic hunters: Kandy suzerainty bonus is broken

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 07:30 AM PDT

Specifically the +50% Faith from Relics part. It procs only when you get a relic from Kandy (so it's not granted to all your relics as soon as and for as long as you are the suzerain) and is not reapplied even to your Kandy-granted Relics when you suzerain Kandy back UNLESS you discover a new wonder while being suze of Kandy. So the 50% Faith part of Kandy is very buggy. You either hog suzerainty with a great buffer of envoys so that no-one ever takes it away from you or goodbye bonus Faith once there are no more wonders to discover to re-proc the Faith bonus.

And the tooltip is unequivocal, definite about the Faith part: "Receive a Relic every time you discover a new natural wonder, and earn +50% Faith from all Relics". Because of that one fucking comma, there is no doubt in the text. You are a suzerain of Kandy, you have to receive bonus 50% Faith or you are ripped off. And we are ripped off in normal circumstances.

Now that I think about it, with the introduction of teams in multiplayer, Kandy is even more of a threat to end the game early with the religious tourism since teammates can choose to disable shared vision, inform each other where the natural wonders are and take turns in suzeraining Kandy to grab as many relics as possible (this won't work with shared vision opted in in match options since that will already count the wonder as discovered for all teammates). If one player goes for Reliquaries and the other one is either Kongo or chooses not to pursue religion, we have 2 players draining foreign tourists from the opposing team, which dries out domestic tourism pool of other players twice as fast. With the addition of Apadana, you have more Relic slot available early, so you are not limited to Temples, Palace or Kongolese palace.

submitted by /u/Grzemek
[link] [comments]

Where should i settle? (North America TSL)

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 03:47 AM PDT

[Other] I'm getting really bad stutters when I move units

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 01:38 PM PDT

Whenever I choose to move a unit I get freezes that last for about 1-2 seconds. My GPU and CPU usage drop, and I'm not sure why. My specs are: i7 6700k, 16gb RAM, and a GTX 980TI. My game is on an SSD, so it can't be related to disk usage. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Goblikon_
[link] [comments]

Game just popped up with the message saying Cyrus only had to become dominant over one more Civ to win? Is this for real?

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 06:46 AM PDT

I think Australia got confused

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 04:51 PM PDT

Multiplayer mods. Driving me insane. Help!

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 11:30 AM PDT

Any help would be greatly appreciated. So followed a series of guides to install mods for multiplayer games. I've done the coding bit were you add the xml file names into the expansion 2 civ 5 package file. And then done the same on my buds computers. No joy.

The mods are barbarians unlimited, info addicts, late game range, promotions, and unit formations. The code looks like this what am I missing.

<GameData>Barb - exp.xml</GameData> <TextData>Barb - exp.xml</TextData>

I didn't put them all in as its a bit repetitive

Sorry for the lengthy post

submitted by /u/monsoonmosse
[link] [comments]

How in dafuq do I get stonehenge?! Civ VI

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 12:29 PM PDT

I am on egypt. I am playing on price so the AI doesn't cheat.

I have a nice area, low on hammers, but nice.

I find a fucking holy grail and a wonder, which means I get the 1st pantheon. I choose 15% faster wonder construction.

I went from mining, builder, quarry, stonehenge.

Stonehenge is next to a river, so I get the egyptian bonus, and I still fucking lose!

And it wasn't close either, I still had like 10 turns to go!

Dafuq is going on!? I want to build all the wonders, but I can basically never get stonehenge. I have done it in the past, but it's really rare to actually win the race.

submitted by /u/Mysticchiaotzu
[link] [comments]

Florence planning on overthrowing the world order

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 04:08 PM PDT

My worker just entered a friendly tribal village...

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 07:45 PM PDT

And they gave me Computer technology! (not eureka, full technology researched by cause I already had eureka).

submitted by /u/datvm
[link] [comments]

Carthago delenda est.

Posted: 23 Apr 2017 07:40 PM PDT

PSA for dummies like me: Be careful closing out of conversations with AI.

Posted: 22 Apr 2017 09:17 PM PDT

Just learned why every civ hated me even when I was sending delegations and playing nice. Closing out a conversation with AI will automatically choose the worst option possible if there is one. If you receive a delegation and close out the conversation you will say fuck off and you'll get massive hate. Even when you're just meeting the civ, you can't close out the conversation or you'll immediately offend them.

I know it's stupid now, but I had no idea the wrong choices to obvious questions would be made if you closed the conversation out.

tl;dr don't close out any conversation with more than one option, it will always choose the worst option. conversations with 1 option are fine to close out.

submitted by /u/pingasthrowaway
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.