The Legend of Zelda - BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - March 28, 2017


BoTW Daily Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - March 28, 2017

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:12 AM PDT

The new queue has many questions being asked so here's a daily megathread to help your question not get lost. You're more than welcome to continue to make threads with questions. Please try and help users by answering their questions!

Questions could have spoilers in them! BEWARE ALL THOSE WHO ENTER! Minor spoilers will be below about weapons, bosses, locations, etc. But someone might ask a question regarding a moment that has happened you have not experienced. So please know what you're entering.

Tips and Tricks Megathread

Want tips and tricks? Read all the tips and tricks provided by you, the users. Or submit your own.

Spoiler policy

>> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

NEW SURVEY PLEASE RE-TAKE: /r/Zelda planned to lift the spoiler policy April 2. Please take this quick survey.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:22 PM PDT

[BOTW][SPOILERS] Most efficient way to kill Lynels, no durability loss on weapons

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 05:11 AM PDT

Video

Few things:

  1. Sorry for the potato quality. I don't have any way to screen record from the Switch, and given that I was alone when I made this I also had to jerry-rig the camera by taping it to my pedestal fan which is why it's kind of crooked.

  2. Yes I'm aware I used OP gear in this video, but that doesn't change the strategy in the slightest. This was only done to expediate the process. Nobody wants to watch 5 minutes of hacking away with the lame Master Sword.

  3. If you don't have the Lynel mask to get right up close then the best way is to use Stasis+. Don't shoot them while they're frozen, because it doesn't down them long enough to mount. Just use it to close the distance and then shoot them when they wake up.


So for anyone who wants to begin Lynel hunting, here is what you should do:

  • Go to Zora's Domain and pay a visit to that old Lynel who hunted you while you stole his Thunder Arrows. Regardless of your in-game progression this guy will always remain Red which means he's a lil softy and easy to take care of.

  • Take the Great Eagle Bow, or a Korok Bow, or a Duplex Bow - anything that shoots multi-shots. Or if you're confident with your aim then just use your regular bow.

  • Copy the video, shouldn't be too hard to down that guy. Steal his Bow and then you're all set to take on some of the stronger guys. His sword is quite weak so I wouldn't even bother with it, though once you start killing stronger Lynels then stock up on their weapons and you're set for life.

  • Use attack buffing to make the process faster. Barbarian gear and/or meals and elixirs. I would normally swap to the Barbarian Helm but there just so happened to be a Lightning storm so I couldn't do it in the video.


The reason this strategy is so much vastly superior to the other strategies around which involve flurry rushing is because any strike you perform on a Lynel while mounted will deal NO durability loss to your weapon. That 97 Lynel Sword I'm using has been in my inventory for over a week and has slain about 50 Lynels, still going strong. If you use flurry rush then you'll go through 2-3 weapons in a single fight, it's redundant.

submitted by /u/shlam16
[link] [comments]

[BotW] Ah the pioneers used to ride these babies for miles!

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:15 PM PDT

[BotW] me_irl, Zelda edition (Fixed)

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 02:20 AM PDT

Proposed to my girlfriend with a Zelda-themed scavenger hunt. She wrote up an account of her adventure with pictures.

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:53 AM PDT

[BOTW] I ran into quite a beast while adventuring!

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:41 AM PDT

[BoTW][SPOILERS] Some things never change.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:17 PM PDT

[BotW] Great Place for Hearty Beets!

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:33 AM PDT

West of Lurelin Village, on Tuft Mountain, is the real Lover's Pond (not the broken heart pond near kakariko). Around the pond is 7-10 Hearty Beets, whic when cooked individually fully heal you and grant +3 hearts.

Just a tip for free max potions :)

submitted by /u/Ozaga
[link] [comments]

Playing Zelda in the Gerudo Valley is as fun as it sounds

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 05:36 AM PDT

[BoTW] me_irl, zelda edition

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 06:31 PM PDT

[BotW] Anyone wish there were volume sliders in this game?

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:38 AM PDT

Now that I'm pretty much done the game I have been listening to the soundtrack and it is incredibly good but it made me realize how little I heard most of it when playing. I really think if I could have turned the music up twice as loud I would have enjoyed this game even more. Do you all agree?

submitted by /u/TheTrueAlCapwn
[link] [comments]

[BotW] When you set out for the Rito village and end up in Akkala.

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 07:27 PM PDT

[BoTW] Shrines = Trials = Testing =

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 08:38 AM PDT

[BoTW] [SPOILERS] I have officially found the ONE thing in this game that I absolutely hate (no story spoilers)

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 08:49 PM PDT

THERE ARE NO STORY SPOILERS, JUST MINOR ITEMS THAT DON'T REALLY MEAN ANYTHING

You could say that I'm a lover of Zelda. Hell, it's my favorite video game series ever and if we're being honest, all the games in my personal "top 5 video games ever" list insert shitty youtube top 5 countdown intro are Zelda games. Before Breath of the Wild, Windwaker was my favorite game of all time, but now, after sinking over 100 hours into Breath of the Wild, beating it, and starting my journey to 100% the game (currently at 36%... so I've got a ton of work to do, but I just finished the Hyrule Compendium today), I can easily say that Breath of the Wild is my favorite video game ever made and I'm really not sure how Nintendo could ever top this.

THAT being said, on my way to 100% the game, I decided to do all the sidequests as my objective to complete after the Hyrule Compendium (finding Koroks along the way since those fuckers will take forever), and I may have just found the thing that makes me the saltiest a Zelda game has EVER made me. That being these stupid fucking horse minigames to get the bridles and saddles.

Earlier tonight I finished the horse-jump-whatever minigame to get the extravagant horse gear, and, after many attempts of my horse deciding "nah I don't want to jump this hurdle in particular", or my horse deciding to GO AROUND a hurdle instead of jumping over the damn thing, I FINALLY got them!

Now, there is another horse minigame that I have to do in order to get the knight saddle and bridle, and oh boy was I happy when I finally got the bridle. That didn't last long though, since I found out that to get the saddle, you can only miss two balloons and still get the saddle, any less and he'll just give you bomb arrows if above 20 and regular arrows if above 12.

This minigame. This minigame is what I would expect I would have to play on repeat in hell. Never have I been so frustrated, so angry, felt so defeated at a Zelda game than missing a target and then watching my horse run past it, knowing I can't just look back and try and shoot it because then I'll miss the one in front of me.

I can't tell you how angry I got when, on my last attempt, I hit every target, and then as soon as I went to hit the final two targets before I got to the five targets clustered together at the end of the course (protip: use bomb arrows for those since the splash damage counts), my bow broke and in my panic to equip a new one to hit the targets and still have time to get the last five, I didn't stop my horse and I went galloping off the course, leaving all seven balloons untouched. I just turned my Switch off and decided to come back to that minigame when I play Zelda again, and if I can't finish it next time, I'll just wait until that's the very last thing I'll have to do.

These horse minigames have broken me. They're not fun. They're rage-inducing. They're a stain on the perfection that is Breath of the Wild, and I want to know who made the decision that we have to do these godforsaken minigames TWICE to get both of the rewards instead of just giving everything to us if we beat it once.

Love everything else about this game though 10/10 would play again (I am going to play through again soon).

I really needed to get that off my chest but I'm the only one within my friend group and family that owns a Switch and BoTW so I didn't want to complain to anyone IRL.

TL;DR Fuck these fucking stupid shitty horse games but this game is 10/10 otherwise

EDIT: CAPSLOCK BECAUSE I'M MAD. I JUST TRIED AGAIN AND GOT EVERY TARGET UNTIL THE LAST 4 BEFORE THE 5 THAT ARE GROUPED TOGETHER AND WHEN I GOT TO THE FINAL STRETCH THE BOW I WAS USING BROKE, SO I WAS LIKE COOL I'LL JUST USE ONE OF MY LYNEL BOWS WITH THE 5 SPREAD. GOOD FUCKING LUCK LINK TAKES FIVE YEARS TO DRAW THE SON OF A BITCH AND BY THE TIME I SHOOT AN ARROW I'VE HAD TIME TO WALK FROM GERUDO TOWN TO THE TOP OF MOUNT HYLIA. FUCK

submitted by /u/specfagular
[link] [comments]

[BOTW] I started The Breath of the Wild Recipes page on the Wiki a month ago with a handful of recipes that I've discovered. Since then it's grown to have hundreds of different recipes making use of all the ingredients and good for any situation. Thanks to all chefs who added their own recipes!

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 02:36 PM PDT

[BOTW] Here is how Zelda progresses from here, with some help from The Witness.

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:56 AM PDT

One of the best parts about BOTW is its shrines. they offer small ideas based around a small arsenal of toys, the runes. Each shrine toys with a way the rune can be used within the world of Zelda. The only issue is that once you leave a shrine you never see that idea again. There is no way to ensure you have been to the shrine that teaches you to use electrical paths so they cannot put those electrical paths in the open world. Or can they? I think this is a big flaw of BOTW. The shrines offer small puzzles that do not elevate an idea to a complicated level, so you are stuck with quick (mostly) easy shrines and almost nothing in the overworld. Mostly the puzzle is getting to where you need to go. However I would enjoy if in the next game they implemented complicated puzzle ideas into the overworld. Mostly like The Witness. In The Witness you can anywhere and begin any sequence of puzzles. You can start the "final part" of the game if you want to. The only thing stopping you is your knowledge of the game.

Imagine finding black lines in some random forest stretching across the ground. Some complicated puzzle dealing with this mechanic (electrical paths) is presented to you organically. But maybe you have yet to find the shrine and shows you just how to start the puzzle or progress it past a certain stage. If you knew how you could do it, but the lack of experience of the shrine hinders you. If you had found the shrine maybe you would make a mental note of "that one forest with those similar lines" and return some time later. Later you stumble upon a shrine that teaches you about this mechanic. You return to the forest with black lines on the ground. It used to baffle you, now it does not.

This would create a great marriage between the self contained shrines and overworld. Maybe some people do not like to look for the shrines. This would give them a reason to do so. A reason to pursue all of the shrines for a chance to learn something new about the game that was not immediately apparent. Shrines should be used as lessons and their tests put throughout the open world as challenges, small or large. Maybe there could be some large intricate dungeon that requires multiple pieces to be solved in order to gain entrance. Only you would have a hard time entering this shrine without knowledge of all the shrines. A much better reward for completing all the shrines than some item. The reward is the chance to use what you have learned. BOTW is too concerned that you might not have learned something so it holds back. If New Zelda would implement this, we would be in for a much more rewarding experience. This leads to a deeper experience like we would normally find in a dungeon except the whole world is now the dungeon.

TL;DR Shrines offer lessons through small puzzles > you use this knowledge to solve organic puzzles in overworld.

submitted by /u/goldenfelix
[link] [comments]

[BotW] [SPOILERS] Did Ganon just...

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:12 AM PDT

...free Link and Zelda from Demise's Curse?

I mean, Zelda mentions that Ganon gave up on reincarnation to become Dark Beast Ganon... who is killed by her, meaning that this is the last we'll see of him in this timeline, right?

(And please let's not argue about the timeline.)

submitted by /u/cantchoosenames
[link] [comments]

Can we talk about how similar the Gamecube start-up is to Stone Talus theme song? [SPOILERS]

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 11:15 PM PDT

[BoTW] When you decide to become one with Death Mountain

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:45 AM PDT

[BoTW] How To Get Dark Link's Tunic - Breath of The Wild

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:57 AM PDT

Hylian Shield my grandma made

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 04:28 PM PDT

[BotW] Link is so much more animated out in the world than he is in the cutscenes

Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:41 AM PDT

[BoTW] Another paraglider distance record set at 7615.8m

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 02:52 PM PDT

[BoTW][Spoilers] I made a Breath of the Wild Power Rangers opening! What do you all think?

Posted: 27 Mar 2017 03:39 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.