Super Smash Bros - Daily Discussion Thread 03/30/17


Daily Discussion Thread 03/30/17

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 12:07 AM PDT

Welcome to the Daily Discussion Thread series on /r/smashbros! Inspired by /r/SSBM and /r/hiphopheads's DDTs, you can post here:

  • General questions about Smash

  • General discussion (tentatively allowing for some off-topic discussion)

  • "Light" content that might not have been allowed as its own post (please keep it about Smash)

Other guidelines:

  • Be good to one another.

  • While DDT can be lax, please abide by our general rules. No linking to illegal/pirated stuff, no flaming, game debates, etc.

  • Please keep your meme spam contained to the sticky comment provided below.

If you have any suggestions about future DDTs or anything else subreddit related, please send them our way! Thanks in advance!

Also, if you want to chat with other /r/smashbros users you can do so via our Discord channel.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Hi, I'm the upside down controller guy. AMA.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:43 PM PDT

Vaping and Smash

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:21 PM PDT

I went to my first tournament a couple of days ago. I've been playing melee for about a year now so I decided to finally find someone in my area (PA).

I am really interested in going to a tournament again, but not at the venue I visited a couple of days ago. The tournament was held in the back room of some store in a mall, with no ventilation or windows. The whole tournament I was just inhaling fat blueberry blast vape clouds, it was awful.

If you are a TO please ban smoking of any kind, and if you are a tournament go-er, do everyone a favor and resist the urge, or vape/smoke in between sets outside the venue. I guess I will just have to find a new venue in my area

submitted by /u/CarlDaWombat
[link] [comments]

2GGC: Greninja Saga should be converted into 2GGC: Pokémon Saga

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 07:46 AM PDT

With Somé, arguably the best Greninja in the world, not being able to make it to next months 2GG event I think Greninja saga might be a bust. On the other hand, having 2GGC: Pokémon Saga would be amazing. More top players, such as Esam, Abadango, Tsu, etc. will be highlighted instead of just a handful of sub Top 50 Greninja mains.

And I think a 6 v 6 Pokémon crew battle would be hype as hell. You could take the top 2 players of each Pokémon and put them into two balanced teams and have a Pokémon battle. Way more exciting of a Day 1 event than something like a Greninja Round Robin.

EDIT: Curious as to how everyone would assemble the two teams. I think the most balanced teams would be:

Abadango

Serynder

Tsu

Sharpy

iStudying

Captain L

Vs.

Esam

Hungrybox

Wadi

Anti

Ranai

Day

Edit:

https://twitter.com/2GGaming/status/847494762437332992

Fuck yes!

submitted by /u/Anadeem93
[link] [comments]

Hello! PewPewU here-- what kind of tutorials would you guys like to see me teach?

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 11:24 AM PDT

Hey everyone! It's CLG's PewPewU here on smashbros reddit again. The scariest place in the smash community LOL if you have ever wronged the community-- luckily I'm here to simply ask advice on how to better enrich our community with Melee tutorials :)

Some of you might know that I make tutorials almost every week between tournament weekends! (My channel is https://www.youtube.com/c/PewPewUSmash ) I have been running out of ideas lately and I only have 2 topics saved up in the bank to make videos. So I thought why not just ask the smashbros reddit boys for suggestions?

I just have a few parameters for these tutorials:

  1. It must be a tangible technique (not a "how to beat Sheik" guide)

  2. It must be difficult enough that an entry level player should not know this prior to watching the video (wavedashing, l cancelling, jump cancel grabbing all too easy)

  3. Should take less than 10 minutes to teach

Thanks guys! If you have any supplemental information, like smashboards threads, other videos, or documents detailing techniques i'd love to see them-- just so I can do as much research on the topic to ensure a good lesson.

Tl;dr, give me suggestions on new tutorials! If I take your suggestion I will shout you out in my videos. Thanks for reading guys and thanks in advance for all of the help and support. Cheers!

submitted by /u/pewpewu
[link] [comments]

Bowser's Forward Smash can True Combo into Forward Smash with Falco's Lazer?!?

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 09:04 AM PDT

A bizarre tournament "ジャンプ禁止杯(No Jumping Cup)" was held in Japan.(Online)

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 01:37 PM PDT

The tournament is said to be "ジャ禁杯(JAKIN Cup)" in Japan. https://twitter.com/taranito/status/847425092581601280 The content is to fight with "jump" disappeared from key config. by doing this, many of the characters were restricted from being attacked from the air largely, but since there are characters that can behave after Up B like Mega Man and Sonic, we saw aerial attacks using this .

The winner was KEN (Sonic) who ranked 1st in JPR. By the way, this tournament has been held once before, the winner at that time was Mangalitza♀(Marth) who ranked 54th in JPR.

Unfortunately there is no video of the tournament left, but it is expected to be held next time because it was popular. Let's look forward to the stream at that time. [Because I used Google translation, there are some mistranslation. Sorry :,-( ]

submitted by /u/s9rt
[link] [comments]

KTAR XX Reg ends tonight at midnight ft ZeRo/MKLeo/Nairo/Salem/Wadi - with troll announcement photos

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 04:33 PM PDT

Hey guys, just a reminder that KTAR XX registration will be ending tonight at midnight EST. Registration can be done at www.smash.gg/ktar. Slight chance I may open up registration for in person too say stay tuned if you're still on the fence about coming and want to decide the day of.

The main issue people had about how the last KTAR was how the event was ran. But I have 2 days this time and have hired the Shine head TO @Eduardo_TMPR to maximize the efficiency of running this event, giving him full creative control of running the event.

Also I've created some nice/troll announcement pictures as shown here

Nairo: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/847554088250167296 https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/847554521358270469 https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/847554891170140160

ZeRo: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/846902277147279360 https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/846903582519537667

Salem: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/847215924155494400 https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/847216022126055427 https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/847216081278324736

Wadi: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/846818456766853120

Mr. E: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/842534235995099136

Tweek: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/841739582072848384

MKLeo: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/838875688308441088

They actually aren't coming anymore but Dabuz and Marss: https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/839917736998359043 https://twitter.com/KeitaroTime/status/846513606061572096

Streams will be on www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash and www.twitch.tv/lof_hackoru on both April 1st and April 2nd beginning at noon on the 1st and 3 pm on the 2nd. Hope you guys have an exciting time watching such top level play!

I know I say every time that this may be my last KTAR, but I really want to focus on content creation under RHS and running a tourney (more so promoting/preparing it) is very stressful and time consuming plus all these huge events are coming up so I'd prefer not to host as I actually hate doing it, but I don't like seeing NJ/NY have no big events. However I am also moving to Ohio so running events in NJ every 2 or 3 months will increase the stress. But we'll see, you never know. Special shoutout to everyone that comes including the top players that stay supportive of my events. Love you all <3

submitted by /u/Keitaro123
[link] [comments]

MVG's newest player King Momo gets initiated

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 03:15 PM PDT

Kira's Official Melee Tier List - Part 1 - Super Smash Bros Melee

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 09:47 AM PDT

There are still videos on VGBootCamp VoDs titled Serge vs Darkfall

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:25 PM PDT

Technically if we got half of /r/smashbros to sign this we would have a fighting chance.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:03 AM PDT

Interview with Fatality - Story Behind the Second Place Run at Civil War

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 10:41 AM PDT

I made a video showcasing Project M at my school.

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 12:09 PM PDT

Top 10 ssb64 combos done in combo contests (too hype)

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 12:06 PM PDT

Money Match & Knuckles

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 03:37 PM PDT

Why can you B-Reverse specials, but you can't reverse Aeriels/Attacks?

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 06:58 PM PDT

What about specials allows them to be reversed?

submitted by /u/Korakc
[link] [comments]

Recap of Civil War and what online ladders could mean for future events. See how 2GGaming utilized smashgg's new feature!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 02:40 PM PDT

Tech chase on reaction

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 04:20 PM PDT

Dubai x VG BootCamp: Begins March 31st - Feat. Marss, ESAM, MVD, Pugwest, Logic, GIMR, Nagnoog, ZanZa, Tooky, Logic, Aposl, MyLiFe, Zolain and many more!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 05:13 AM PDT

Where in the World is VGBC? ✈️

DXB is a Smash 4 major tournament taking place in Dubai, the UAE. It will feature some of the Gulf's finest talent, and will be streamed by VG Boot Camp, one of the world's best streamers.


Singles and Doubles Bracket


Streaming Information


Event Scheduling

  • Day 1: Wii U Singles and Doubles Pools

  • Day 2: Wii U Singles Top 16


Other Information

Smash.gg | Twitter | Facebook | Donations

submitted by /u/coffeeb1ack
[link] [comments]

Florida's best Pika main, Marbles, will be attending LetsGo!

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 11:21 AM PDT

Top 10 Most Disrespectful Moments #4

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 11:06 AM PDT

Players with the most PGR wins this season

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 09:23 PM PDT

I thought it would be interesting to see who currently has the most wins against current PGR members this year.

Note: This doesn't equate directly to skill, as players who stay longer in winners (Nairo, ZeRo) will have less wins to show per tournament than those who drop to losers early but make it far (Larry, Ally), and also with the influx of Japanese players some have to face players that are of similar or higher skill than many on the PGR (like Shuton, Tsu, etc) but don't get credited for it. However, the number of PGR members one has beaten is still a factor that I think is interesting to look into.

These are the players with the most wins over other PGR players, ranked in descending order:

ZeRo (16): Nairo, Dabuz, VoiD, Komorikiri, MKLeo, Marss, ESAM, Larry Lurr, Tweek, Locus, Captain Zack, Mr. R, Ned, Mr. E, MVD, Day

Dabuz (14) - Kameme, Salem, Ally, ESAM, Kirihara, Captain Zack, Fatality, MVD, Mr. E, KEN, VoiD, Zinoto, Pugwest, Larry Lurr

Ally (13) - Rich Brown, VoiD, Locus, Abadango, ZeRo, Ranai, MVD, KEN, Kirihara, Kameme, dyr, Ned, ANTi

Nairo (11) - Ally, Dabuz, Ranai, MKLeo, Nietono, WaDi, Mr. E, KEN, Kirihara, Abadango, Earth

Marss (11) - Abadango (3 times), ANTi, Tweek, Kameme, Mr. E, Locus, Dath, Pugwest, 6WX, Nietono, falln

MKLeo (11) - 6WX, ESAM, Komorikiri, Tweek, Mr. R, Ally, Abadango, Ranai, Dabuz, VoiD, Nairo

Komorikiri (11) - Fatality, Dabuz, Zinoto, Rich Brown, Ned, 6WX, Tweek, VoiD, Ranai, Captain Zack, Pink Fresh

ESAM (10) - Ally, Marss, False, Samsora, MVD, Pink Fresh, Tyrant, Kameme, Earth, Mew2King

Captain Zack (10) - Abadango, Rich Brown, Ned, Kameme, Dath, Ranai, ANTi, Earth, Mr. R, Marss ( not counting set against Komo)

Elegant (9): Komorikiri, Ranai, Salem, Captain Zack, ANTi, Fatality, Tyrant, Rich Brown, Pugwest

Tweek (9) - Dath, Mr. E, Tyrant, Komorikiri, MK Leo, Marss, MVD, saj, VoiD

Larry Lurr (9) - Rich Brown, MVD, dyr, ESAM, Dabuz, WaDi, Mr. E, Komorikiri, Mr. R

submitted by /u/higgsboson51
[link] [comments]

Move Tier List #13 (Discussion: Down Air)

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 09:22 PM PDT

Good (extremely early) morning, Smash redditors! Welcome back to the SSB4 Move Tier List series!

Finally we begin the discussion/poll with the final (non-exclusive) aerial, Down Air! Oftentimes, they are options that reach below the character's hurtbox, and a lot of them have spike properties. Not much more can be said about these moves other than them generally being among the aerials with the highest damage output. As with before, vote which tier you think the character belongs in based on what you can analyze from the resources I provide (and remember that you don't have to vote either)!

As with always, the poll will end tomorrow, but earlier than normal (I'm going to a mid-afternoon dinner, lol). Happy voting!


Links to literally every other single mother-f---ing move tier list thread

Hitbox Visualization page on Smashboards

EDIT: One very important note to those out there who may not be knowledgeable about a certain characters. If someone posts a comment showing their opinion backed up with a couple of facts, try to take what they say into consideration. If you're unsure, respond to either them or me (assuming I may be of help ;>).

submitted by /u/SkeeterYosh
[link] [comments]

Just published the character review for Fox's performance in 2016! Not actually the best character in the game? 20XX or 20BC???

Posted: 30 Mar 2017 04:36 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.