Minecraft - I made the Triwizard Cup from Harry Potter! :D |
- I made the Triwizard Cup from Harry Potter! :D
- Chisels&Bits is so addicting, I can't stop adding details!
- People enjoyed my step well so much, I thought I'd share my next project: Upgrading a village.
- [Suggestion] Placing a dragon egg above a beacon beam causes the sky to change to the beam's color
- Portal Room for my Ark
- Custom 8x8 Item Textures. Opinions?
- he has just appeared!
- Steam train design for a recent steampunk project.
- Dwarven Bridge
- Quark Mod Jumpscare
- Some ceilings on my Survival world
- I am loving my Amplified world! <3
- Mesa forest wallpaper
- The tomb of the ice wraith. Small build made by me!
- MCPE gets comamnd blocks in 1.0.5 update
- Acacia Bedroom Design [OP]
- Large survival server build in progress, would like thoughts/criticisms/suggestions, especially for the outer ring.
- Acacia Storage Room Design [OP]
- The First Minecraft Castle
- The book Jokes for Minecrafters by Michelle, Jordon, and Steven Hollow is a masterpiece of literature and post-war satire.
- Looking for advice regarding skyblock in a normal world.
- ResourceCalculator now lets you calculate resource lists for saved structure blocks
| I made the Triwizard Cup from Harry Potter! :D Posted: 28 Mar 2017 03:33 AM PDT
| ||
| Chisels&Bits is so addicting, I can't stop adding details! Posted: 28 Mar 2017 11:20 AM PDT
| ||
| People enjoyed my step well so much, I thought I'd share my next project: Upgrading a village. Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:17 AM PDT
| ||
| [Suggestion] Placing a dragon egg above a beacon beam causes the sky to change to the beam's color Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:53 PM PDT 1.12 is the World of Color Update. Lets go all out and change the color of the skies! Another fabulous repost that's in context with the theme of 1.12, The World of Color Update. I hope you guys don't mind the repost. The suggestion is straight forward. Covering a beacon beam with a dragon egg will cause the sky to change color in the beacon's range. There were some concerns brought up in the past, lets see if we can fix them. I made some solutions myself. Tell me what you think, or what solutions you may have. Q: There is only one dragon egg, only one beacon could do this. Q: What if i lost my dragon egg. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:35 PM PDT
| ||
| Custom 8x8 Item Textures. Opinions? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:51 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 05:28 PM PDT
| ||
| Steam train design for a recent steampunk project. Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:01 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 02:40 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:45 PM PDT
| ||
| Some ceilings on my Survival world Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:52 AM PDT
| ||
| I am loving my Amplified world! <3 Posted: 28 Mar 2017 11:38 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:23 AM PDT
| ||
| The tomb of the ice wraith. Small build made by me! Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:48 AM PDT
| ||
| MCPE gets comamnd blocks in 1.0.5 update Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:41 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:27 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:56 PM PDT
| ||
| Acacia Storage Room Design [OP] Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:51 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:00 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:33 PM PDT Before you turn away- bear with me for a moment, if you will. The 2016 publication Jokes for Minecrafters: Booby Traps, Bombs, Boo-Boos, and More, for the uninformed, is essentially a publication written in the style of an anthology- a compilation of childlike two-line jokes haphazardly placing the title "Minecraft" within them in order to appeal to the main demographic of this book- children who play Minecraft. However, when read in a far more analytical fashion, clear parallels between the writing of this book and war-based satire can be identified- and it's absolute genius. The Hollows create an effective narrative regarding the overlooked effects of war- most namely, the jaded nature (and post-traumatic stress) of soldiers returning home, who find both humor in their shock and develop a sense of overwhelming, compulsive paranoia as a result of onset sociopathy. The book accomplishes this creation of satire via a constant reiteration of the authors' clear cynical outlook on the life of a Minecraft person. Let us cite the fact that the vast majority of the punchlines have some variety of "he/she/they were destroyed!" This constant mention of sinister death and destruction is alike to numerous pieces critical of war- the juxtaposition of death and humor only further advances the narrative created by the Hollows. In addition, there are numerous writings we see where they have no clear attempt at any form of comedy- rather, they are almost the cries of an absolute madman for help- the equivalent of a Mein Kampf detailing the constant struggle of a Minecraft character (a soldier) against the onward rage of their enemies. This lack of comedy mixed with a segregative undertone can be argued as a mere satirical device, being employed in such a way that it forces the reader into wondering- who would find this funny? The answer to that question being a furthering of the theme of this story- a jaded veteran attempting to cope with the engrained hatred of his once enemy. Except, the enemy within his mind is a caricature of the man with which he actually fights- as seen in the book, by the constant reiteration of the idea that the enemy- in this instance, a Creeper- is merely a being of evil- no more, no less- a two-dimensional entity of hatred. And that's the genius of this book, or, anthology, if you will. The Hollows create such a fantastic satire of the sociopathy seen in soldiers post-war, that it comes across as an attempt to scrape the bottom of the barrel that is pop culture, done poorly by a team of mentally deficient authors. Rather, they have merely captivated us in such a way that strengthens a secondary theme of this book- the alienation of "crazy" soldiers. Perhaps the biggest issue noted by this book is not the sociopathic tendencies adopted by soldiers affected by the utterly disturbing nature of war, but instead, the true message is reaped from outside of the book- our tendency to rush to an unrelenting criticism of its very being. In the same way we are so quick to mock the quivering old man who is fond of the term "gooks," and drops to the floor at the click of a pen, we have taken this compilation of writings clearly created from the perspective of a mentally deficient person- and essentially disparaged them to the fullest extent. This disparaging has, in itself, proven these authors to be geniuses. To summate, Jokes for Minecrafters: Booby Traps, Bombs, Boo-Boos, and More is a satirical masterpiece with an unmatched ability to create social commentary and expose the vises of society via the personification of a Minecraft character in order to mimic the life of a post-war veteran. Not unlike the meaningless, unendingly empty nature of Minecraft, after fighting without relent to survive, veterans come home to a home they feel foreign to, to a life they feel has no meaning without struggle. In addition to this, the author creates a caricature of "the enemy" via their use of the Minecraft Creeper, representing the people these veterans fought on a daily basis as a mindless, leafy monster whose sole desire is to kill you. This book is genius, and among the most overlooked of its kind. [link] [comments] | ||
| Looking for advice regarding skyblock in a normal world. Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:13 PM PDT Recently started a planned long term world with my SO (over local LAN). Normal world gen, and then I just made myself a platform at +- 125. I'm looking for a bit of advice on a few things, mostly to impress her, but also to make some efficiency changes. (I'm doing skyblock, she's taking the normal route on the world below me) 1) Mob farm. I built a mob farm (plain 3*3 platforms (4), with trapdoors and water taking them to the dropzone), at about 150 height, 24 blocks high to ensure dropping to their death. It doesn't spawn anything. Changed it, and built it at 225 height, and whilst standing at 200... Still nothing. Checked the inside with creative, the light is good and yet nothing spawns. Any advice? (Read the wiki, read comments on the video I followed, seriously can't see why this isn't working) 2) Aesthetics. I suck at this. I'm quite good with efficiency and such things, but my builds are usually fairly ugly. I've been reading up quite a bit. I plan on doing my original base in a grid based structure, with nodes connecting paths, and farms/builds in the blocks formed by the grid. Most of it will be open (I.e not a massive floor, but rather walkways). Any advice? I can't seem to find many builds of skyblock types in normal worlds (its usually either just skyblock, or people building on floating islands in creative). 3) Resources. I'm only going to be going down to earth to help her with dungeons (we spawned almost on top of a stronghold, fairly close to a woodlands mansion). She said she would be interested in trading with me, seeing as I'm fairly adamant about not going down. What resources would someone on the ground appreciate more? I'm thinking a decent mob farm would help me here (see #1) as she doesn't know how to do automation. Of course, I don't yet have redstone or iron, so.... 4) Spawning passive mobs. I used to do my previous skyblocks with a friend who took care of this. What I know is that you need a grass block, that you expand into a pasture type thing, and wait for stuff to spawn. Would this still work in a world where I'm building over a landscape? Or am I doomed to building minecart systems to get 2 of each? 5) I'm still fairly a noob at skyblocks. Any advice/comments/suggestions/requests for me to build? Would appreciate anything here! Thanks for taking the time to read this! [link] [comments] | ||
| ResourceCalculator now lets you calculate resource lists for saved structure blocks Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:02 AM PDT |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Minecraft on reddit. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment