Learn Dota 2 - Shadow Shaman - The God Tier Support |
- Shadow Shaman - The God Tier Support
- How to effectively review my game footage.
- [4.2k MMR] Trying (and failing) to learn Magnus offlane
- Usefulness as a Support
- Videos
- Terroblade safelane questions
- Slardar Pos 4 (Pos 4 in general)
- Mid Lich
- id really like to know how bots pick their heroes
- Playing all hero challenge in unranked is dragging down my hidden mmr?
- I am new to the offlane and enjoying it alot, can someone watch this game for me and point out my mistakes? (slardar)
- Which hero presses the least buttons? Counting standard items
- Need help with Centaur, and offlane in general
- Why helm of dominator is early item core after pms for juggernaut right now ?
- Trench player, still trying to improve with Arc Warden
- Unorthodox bloodstone heroes
- When is it a support Slardar game?
- TIL never EVER to underestimate my opponents
- Why is Bloodstone popular on Lina?
- Improve early/laning stage
- Recently started playing but being matched with players with far more experience
- What did I do wrong here?
- Tips on playing support Monkey King?
| Shadow Shaman - The God Tier Support Posted: 28 Mar 2017 02:37 PM PDT Dang this guy is gooooooooddddddd at winning those evenly matched games. I keep finding myself in these very close games, and we win one teamfight, then bam, a rax gone. Anyone have any cool tips for this dude? I've been getting my ward trapping down. My go-to move right now midgame is to blink in, hex, then depending on mana, I'll shock em, or ward trap them if need be, then shackle, once I feel the preassure i force staff out, then blink in for another hex shock. The blink back in usually gets me killed if the teamfight is close, but at that point ive done 3 disables, thrown out my wards, and used shock twice, usually no mana. So it really isnt a big deal to me, as long as what I did secured the kill. I also wont blink back in if I think we are going to win and I still have wards to drop. I dunno what I'm looking for, just some tips, item build ideas. Ive tried a ton of builds. Do you guys prefer traqs or arcanes? Both have their merits, and I kinda pick depending on if I think anyone else will get/need arcanes. For example, I got arcanes when we had a WK and no other arcane boots carriers. I didnt get arcanes when we had a tide who said he was going to buy them. Sometimes I get arcanes just because I want more range later with an aether, but I find aether super situational with that 100 range talent. do you guys prefer force or blink? or both? I know I like to get both the majority of times, but sometimes I get a glimmer instead of force to help my carries out. This is usualyl when I'm not dying much with my run in/run out method. I really like to get glimmer when there is a bristleback for some reason, just to mitigate even more damage when he is front lining. Ideas is ideas, I just wanna hear em :) [link] [comments] |
| How to effectively review my game footage. Posted: 28 Mar 2017 05:38 PM PDT Hello! I posted a question a couple weeks ago and I got sooooo much help so I am back with another question. In my journey towards getting better I was told to review my game footage. What should I be looking for when reviewing it? What are some common mistakes that could get easily overlooked that I should keep an eye on? Should I review all my games or just games I play well? Thank you so much! If you have any other advice outside of the questions I asked please feel free to share I am always looking for ways to get better! [link] [comments] |
| [4.2k MMR] Trying (and failing) to learn Magnus offlane Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:54 PM PDT Anyone have tips for playing this hero (and role)? I've been picking it in ranked pretty often recently and I usually end up dragging my team down massively, if I'm being honest. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 04:02 PM PDT Just played 5 games in a row as treant, thought it was fun as I won them all; this was until a friend pointed out that treant hadn't provided a lot as compared to my usual dazzle or wyvern. My question is who, in your opinion (since there is no real answer as every pick is situational) is the most useful support? Or rather who do you like to see on your team the most? TL:DR - Treant is mediocre, and who is the most useful support? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 04:43 PM PDT Hello guy, I was wondering are there any videos or video guides that could help relatively new players (6 months) to learn how to support (both pos 4 and 5), rotating, warding, where to farm and movement in general. would be a great help. Thanks! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 03:00 PM PDT Hey guys, a couple of questions about playing terrorblade as a safelane carry (and I guess illusion heroes in general?)
Thanks in advance, sorry if any of these questions are bad. [link] [comments] |
| Slardar Pos 4 (Pos 4 in general) Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:32 AM PDT I'm trying to play Slardar support and I'd like to ask how can you get the dagger/forcestaff asap since it is very important. Where do you get the farm? Do you farm the jungle? How can you get your needed items as a position 4 given that there is already a hard support? Thanks :) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 11:15 AM PDT https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3071602833 https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3082418503 So, I've taken a break from Ranked Matchmaking for the time being. Had a rough couple of games..back to back toxicity. Thought I needed to take a step back and have some relaxed unranked, pub matches. It's been a long time since I've tried some off the wall lane or ridiculous item build, so I thought it was time to try mid Lich; and I'd have to say, the two games I played was a blast. I'm sure I'm not going to be able to do this at any other time other than lower tier (1k-2k) brackets, but doing it has been hilariously fun. I max Sacrifice and Frost Blast until my ult at 6. Always deny the ranged creep or siege creep. Always use Frost Blast before Sacrifice to make sure you're getting the most out of your mana regen. In my first game, Frost Blast was enough to cause mid Pudge to completely abandoned the lane. He couldn't hook because of Lich's movement speed and my game awareness, so he just left. I think I got an early (pre level 6) kill, and killed him again when I got my ult. I go Hand of Midas first to make the level gap even bigger. First game went Linken's Sphere to stop the easy Gyro Stun/Rubick Lift/Pudge Ult. Second game Linken's was for BS Ult/WK Stun/WW Ult. Next I went for Force Staff into Hurricane Pike for easy mobility and extra attack range. Then I bought Bloodthorne for attack speed and damage in preparation for the +150 Damage talent...which is quite a lot actually. I think the Sacrifice ability has great potential to create a big level gap, so long as you're able to get last hits and also harass the enemy mid player. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling it's going to be really important not to get ganked or lose the lane. It seems like Lich is a character that as soon as his snowball stops and people start to catch up, then you're going to find yourself in a lot of trouble with the way he scales compared to other people. I know Lich will never scale like other mid heroes, but I think his scaling happens faster....and it needs to remain at a consistent tempo....but honestly, I don't know. I'm not really a "theory crafter" like other people are. Regardless of how bad of an idea it is......those 2 games were tons of fun. [link] [comments] |
| id really like to know how bots pick their heroes Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:27 AM PDT |
| Playing all hero challenge in unranked is dragging down my hidden mmr? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:55 PM PDT Im getting team-mates with ~400 mmr. I have played 30 heroes so far. I reckon i will be level 20 dota profile in ~20-30 games. ? How does ranked differ from unranked in terms of gameplay? My experience in unranked has been terrible. Teammates are all carries - No one buys courier and i have to buy each time. Kill stealing jungle/creeps and selfish players is a common experience, Frequently dc'ing team mates, Level 1 smurf accounts who get 40+ kills is making unranked a miserable experience. Will ranked games give a better experience? Should i accept my mmr as what it is and play ranked or should i be completing the all hero challenge first and try to raise my mmr? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:44 PM PDT |
| Which hero presses the least buttons? Counting standard items Posted: 28 Mar 2017 04:32 AM PDT Obviously it would be One-Button King if we weren't considering items. But WK has to armlet toggle, tread switch, blink, blademail, etc. So which hero has a bunch of passive abilities and also builds mostly passive items? Passive items would be things like Vlad's, skadi, heart, radiance, ac, deso, aghs, moonshard, etc. EDIT: To clarify, I mean total # of abilities, not how often they are used, unless it's something that has to be used every time you cast a spell (e.g. tread switch). To explain, I'm a new player (<50 games total) and I play with a friend who is even newer (<20 games). He plays Lion and Centaur, but doesn't build Blink on either one because he never remembers to use it. I have similar problems--I never remember to use Phase on Abaddon, or my mana boots on each cooldown with Underlord. (I know some of that will improve with practice.) We sometimes play with much more experienced players and we want to use heroes that aren't a liability in a higher level game. And I don't think advice like "WK is the easiest hero" is true, because when correctly itemized, WK actually has a bunch of active abilities. So I'm looking for the hero(es) that has the simplest ability set, counting items, when correctly itemized. Learning to use items wouldn't be a problem if there was some way to practice it easily the way you can practice last-hitting in a lobby. For example, learning LC's blink+blademail+armlet+duel combo is hard, because you probably use it a total of 10 times in a 45 minute game, and sometimes pieces are missing, etc. Last-hitting is much easier to develop muscle memory for, because you can do it 200 times in a 10 minute practice lobby. And as new players we have so much to absorb (stacking/pulling, map awareness, warding, etc) that we just want to simplify the part of playing the actual hero. [link] [comments] |
| Need help with Centaur, and offlane in general Posted: 28 Mar 2017 08:42 AM PDT I'm a new-ish player, playing only normal unranked games until I muster the courage to calibrate. So far I've played 10 games with CW and my record is quite bad, at 1-9. Even in the games I thought I was doing pretty well I still got outclassed by the enemy cores. Using OpenDota I also realized that my winrate as offlane in general is a mere 43%. I have a guess that I'm not good with initiating at the right time, or being where my team needs me to be to initiate. Any pointers or tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance. [link] [comments] |
| Why helm of dominator is early item core after pms for juggernaut right now ? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:11 AM PDT I dont get it, it's not giving armor anymore and only 2 stat but the price is almos 2k. why not buy aquila which is better stat and the attack speed is still there, and your remaining gold is half way to yasha. [link] [comments] |
| Trench player, still trying to improve with Arc Warden Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:37 AM PDT Title says most of it, lost my last game despite playing relatively well for my skill level and micro skills. Of course I'm nowhere near pro levels of micro management but I would still like a few tips here and there to improve my Arc Warden. Been in love with the hero ever since I started playing almost a year ago :p Here's the match if any of you want to review it, any help and criticism is appreciated :D https://www.opendota.com/matches/3077908788 EDIT: Yes, I do flame. Wasn't the best of my moods especially when I get frustrated because I'm doing relatively well compared to my team who made so many mistakes with much simpler heroes. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:09 AM PDT Bloodstone in concept, is one of my favorite items. However i struggle to find situations to build the item. it is just BAD on alot of heroes, and is more of a "keep winning" item on others. It is core on very few heroes. What are some unorthodox bloodstone heroes that you can think of? Heroes that really benefit from: -Large health/mana pools -Decent health regen -Amazing mana regen -Reduced respawn time -Aoe heal on death (initiators) -Suicide My thoughts: Puck, Medusa, Clock, Axe (with aghs?), veno, Core skywrath?, necro Maybe: Undying, abaddon, underlord, shadow fiend, razor, nyx, QoP, Dark Seer, Core wyvern? I guess i primarily want to focus on the Raw HP/Mana (who can build it without delaying other items too much, or really likes it as a 5/6th slot) and the Aoe heal on death for an initiator. [link] [comments] |
| When is it a support Slardar game? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:42 PM PDT title. what makes you know which role to pick, or are both equally good? [link] [comments] |
| TIL never EVER to underestimate my opponents Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:02 AM PDT I got fucked by wisp and ck. I'm at low 3k, I've never seen a successful wisp combo before. I thought they would feed and lose, but they did the exact opposite. Wisp died only 4 times, same as me, the morphling. I also didnt get anything to deal with ck illusions because somehow I thought I could handle it. Well, never jump to conclusions because of the draft, that's what I learned today. [link] [comments] |
| Why is Bloodstone popular on Lina? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:55 AM PDT OK, I can see Bloodstone is really good for spamming spells/clear creepwaves. But on the other hand, it cost 4.9k. Usually when I play Lina, I go Arcane -> Euls -> Aether lence -> Start Building DPS Lina. And what I get from Euls and Aether is decent high mana reg that boost my mobility and can diable enemies/Save myself. And a slight boost to my mana that increase the range and damage on my spells. I won't get the stronger passive effects from the Bloodstone with these items but I still think I get more from these 2. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:32 AM PDT In my most recent jugg/antimage games, I've been pressured in lane, to the point where I can't farm the lane. Due to a highly aggressive dual offlane, my support cant do anything either. How can I improve my laning stage to get better item timings? dotabuff.com/players/111326429 Thank you! [link] [comments] |
| Recently started playing but being matched with players with far more experience Posted: 28 Mar 2017 02:28 AM PDT I started playing dota again after a years gap with a new account, but for some reason I'm being matched against players who have played 1000+ games. Is there anything i can do to remedy this except 'git gud'? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:30 AM PDT https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3082484396 I'm the legion commander, and I sometimes play with people above my skill level when I play with friends. This is one of those times (either that or I just suck, which is entirely possible) I ended up not getting a ton of snowball until later in the game, and I think part of it is I didn't get enough regen, either through lifesteal or just bonus regen. Still, if you have advice I would love to hear it; LC is one of my favorites [link] [comments] |
| Tips on playing support Monkey King? Posted: 27 Mar 2017 10:31 PM PDT I've been watching DAC 2017 and support Monkey King has caught my eye. It seems he's not played as a mid like I saw/played him as back when he was first released. So yeah, all I've picked up on so far is to get his tree spring at level 1 and that you can use Mischief to chase under towers. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment