Elder Scrolls Online - PSA: Do not step away from your computer at a Dolmen, ZOS may suspend and/or ban you (yes, even if you aren't holding down a key or botting)! |
- PSA: Do not step away from your computer at a Dolmen, ZOS may suspend and/or ban you (yes, even if you aren't holding down a key or botting)!
- [Media] Glenumbra is my favourite zone (so far)
- [Media] Flame Reach
- My thoughts after a couple weeks.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind – Battlegrounds PvP Highlights
- My Redguard StamSorc playing the Lute in her small but comfortable and well lit apartment :)
- Found a levitating rock
- Levitation spell as a mount
- What can i do with monster trophies?
- [PC] [NA] Is there a n00b guide to Cyrodiil?
- ESO and Tunnelling from Australia
- Need help making a DK Nord tank for PVE!
- Heavy helm, medium shoulders or visa versa?
- Switched from magsorc to stam sorc, cant survive a damn thing!
- Stamplar gameplay from my stream
- I bought this annoying thing because I thought it was cute. I hate it with every fiber of my being.
- Fundamentals of bar rotation
- [PC] What do I keep DLC wise if I lose ESO Plus?
- New Player Question: Is Stamina & Magicka Build Viable?
- Thief or Warrior Mundus
- [PC] Anyone else running this game from an external harddrive?
- New player needs help
- writs, quick question
- Problem with getting daily dungeon reward?
- [MEDIA] It suddenly occurred to me that I was taking a really long route from wayshrine to masterwrit hand in, in Stormhaven.
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 06:56 PM PDT Now now, I know what you are thinking:
Nope, this isn't about botting.
Nope, this isn't about rubberbanding a key/trigger down or anything like that either.
Well, thats simple: you cannot leave your character unattended for any amount of time if you are near a Dolmen! I found out the hard way, so I figured I share this warning, since I know a lot of people are running Dolmens for EXP during the Jesters event.
Glad you asked. I was playing ESO this morning while taking intermittent breaks to do stuff around the house around the house. My work allows me to occasionally work remotely, so I figured the jesters event would be a great time to take advantage of this and get some extra playtime in. I logged into my character and sat at one of the dolmens in Alik'r Desert. Every so often, I would sit down at my computer and play for a bit and then get back up and do other stuff. While away from my computer, I did not partake in any type of botting or remote controlling; if I was preoccupied doing other stuff I would simply let the game kick me and then login later.
I know.
I actively played at the dolmen I was at when it spawned, then got up to go to the bathroom. I won't go into any specific details, but I will say I was gone longer than 15 minutes. When I got back to my computer, I was (unsurprisingly) logged out of the game. However, I could not log back in. After checking my email, I found that I had been suspended. The suspension email I received made clear that an in-game GM thought I was botting so he banned me. I thought to myself: "No worries, I wasn't running any botting programs (nor do I have any installed) and didn't have any keys held down, we will get this fixed right up." I responded to the suspension email describing the same stuff I just explained to you. To ZOS's credit, the customer service agent I spoke to was pleasant and responsive. However, after he seemed to acknowledge that I was not in fact botting, he ultimately concluded: "you cannot progress your character, while you are not actively playing the game" Fair enough I suppose, I just wish ZOS would have given me a heads up on this rule. My suspension is only 72 hours so it isn't the end of the world (which still seems a bit harsh for a first time offender who has played since beta, but I digress), but I figured I'd give everyone else a warning to avoid doing what I did. If you need to take a break from grinding at dolmens for any length of time, make sure you either teleport to a city or log out of the game. You don't want to end up like me and miss out on a good chunk of the fun event shenangings. On the more optimistic side, looks like I get to skip out on that guild meeting tonight guilt free... [link] [comments] | ||
| [Media] Glenumbra is my favourite zone (so far) Posted: 28 Mar 2017 02:15 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 01:34 AM PDT
| ||
| My thoughts after a couple weeks. Posted: 28 Mar 2017 11:03 PM PDT After putting in some time and hitting level 30 (I'm a slow leveler first time around) I feel the compulsion to relay how I feel about this game as a guy that came in completely blind to this game. I came from WoW and mained a Rogue from that game. ESO hits so many things I wish WoW actually did for their Rogue that this game feels like it was almost tailor made for people like me that love their thievery and cutthroat types. The Thieves Guild heists, Dark Brotherhood contract kills, Outlaw Refuges, picking locks, the whole justice/crime system in general even combining other "roleplay" elements like poison brewing and alchemy. It just hits all the right notes for me. Immersion and engagement for a character is important to me and I felt WoW really lost so much of that in favor of a cinematic heavy story but one that was very on-rails. I know this is my first time through and I am taking my time with it when I get the chance to play and man, the world is gorgeous. Extremely pretty to look at. I love how exploration is organic and seamless. So many times I make up my mind to go do a quest only to get distracted for an hour doing a delve or public dungeon. The community itself is much calmer and laid back compared to what I'm used to. They also seem to be more helpful and nicer. Maybe I got lucky with the right people, but getting some silly new player questions answered in detail has put a great impression on me. I also like that people actually talk making questing in zones never feel dull. I don't know, ESO is hitting so many things just right for me. I've not even done PVP which is what I typically enjoy the most but again, I find the world of ESO so easy to get lost in that I see two hours have gone by and I end up not getting to try it, hah. Hell, I'm not even big into crafting in these sorts of games and ESO manages to make even that feel like an enjoyable way to spend my time. Just a great time all around and one of the best purchases I've made. This is the sort of MMO experience I dearly missed having. There's not enough hours in the day to play this as much as I'd truly like. I hate responsibility. [link] [comments] | ||
| The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind – Battlegrounds PvP Highlights Posted: 28 Mar 2017 07:36 AM PDT
| ||
| My Redguard StamSorc playing the Lute in her small but comfortable and well lit apartment :) Posted: 28 Mar 2017 05:18 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 01:52 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 02:41 AM PDT As a long time player in the Elder Scrolls universe, more than anything, I'd love to see a levitation spell that acts as a mount in the Morrowind expansion. It wouldn't need to be to pretty, and would probably be much easier to animate than a mount (seriously, just make me float and give me glowing feet). Anyone else share my hopes? [link] [comments] | ||
| What can i do with monster trophies? Posted: 29 Mar 2017 02:47 AM PDT I found level 50 trophy Multifaceted Eye. Are those trophies for display at home? or for selling? [link] [comments] | ||
| [PC] [NA] Is there a n00b guide to Cyrodiil? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:45 AM PDT I've been almost exclusively a PVE player since I started playing in November, but I really want to unlock and, hopefully, max out the PVP skill lines. They seem VERY useful, and also seem to be essential for high-level PVE content like veteran trials and such. So, as such, is there a total beginner's guide to How To Cyrodiil when your primary interest isn't so much long-term stuff like becoming Emperor or whatever, but more just getting the skill lines fully unlocked, grabbing the Skyshards, Dolmens, and Delves for achievements, etc? Thus far, I've spent a lot of time being easy food for better players :( How do I find groups to run with so I don't die instantly? How do I build out so that I'm useful to those groups, but in a way that doesn't involve me paying for a total trait or skill reset? I don't want to be the very best like no one ever was, I just want to get the basics done without getting ganked constantly and level out those skill lines. I've looked around and thus far most of what I've found are just build guides with not a lot on the very simple basics like etiquite, how to find a group, how to figure out who the commander is (I'm used to Guild Wars 2 where people have tags on the map to follow in situations like this), what sorts of things are usually done in Cyrodiil in general (like is it ALL keep capture, or are there havoc/disruption squads, are there PVE groups for dolmens/delves, etc)... stuff that seems obvious to veterans but for new people like me is very confusing and kinda like "haha, wtf is even going on" I am around CP 250. I DO NOT have any DLC just yet (soon as I get my paycheck). These are my characters:
Any help and advice you guys have is greatly appreciated. I want to at least get the basics of Cyrodiil, but it's very intimidating and seems hard to break into. [link] [comments] | ||
| ESO and Tunnelling from Australia Posted: 28 Mar 2017 05:22 PM PDT Just wanted to share some findings I did yesterday. I've always been a user of WTFast; but yesterday I decided to give Mudfish a shot. Now, the best way to tell whether the tunnelling service is working or not is doing certain actions in the mmorpg Final Fantasy 14. The FF14 game is designed in a way that all skills/spells are strictly tied to the GDC (global cool down) of at least 1 second. Unlike World of Warcraft, for example, where you can fire off multiple skills/spells in a second, FF14 forces you to finish one skill/spell before you can activate another one. Now, some of the FF14 skills have a timer countdown, and not only that the countdown is to 2 decimal places. When you use a timer countdown skill and you interrupt it, the game tells you -exactly- when your skill was interrupted. For example, if I use a teleport spell that has a 5 second countdown, but I interrupt it mid cast, you end up with "skill interrupted at 4.32 seconds" This makes it easy to tell whether your tunnelling is working or not. So here's my results from MELBOURNE: WITHOUT Tunnelling (latency sitting at 180-200ms)
WTFast (Sydney 2 -> Japan 6 = Ping latency reduced to 140ms)
Mudfish (Sydney Binary -> Japan Azure 2 = Ping latency reduced to 130-135)
As you can see, tunnelling sheds at least half a second of delay for your game play... that's half a second earlier to get out of the fire. So how does this translate to ESO? Well, from my usual 260-300ms latency from Melbourne, I'm now getting 200-220ms latency in ESO. Attack Weaving feels a bit more connected at times so I'm happy. The fact that we're still disadvantaged by the latency and due to the distance between Australia to the server it means we'll never achieve anything below 190ms. We'll take every advantage we can get. [link] [comments] | ||
| Need help making a DK Nord tank for PVE! Posted: 28 Mar 2017 10:41 PM PDT Hey guys so I made a DK PVE Nord Tank. I need help choosing the skills and what armor to use to run Vet dungeons and eventually trials. So if you guys can help me to lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also guys if you guys can make me a build that doesn't require trials gear. Eventually I will get trials gear but for now I want a build where I can do dungeons and eventually with the same gear run trials to get the better gear. Thanks for taking your time. [link] [comments] | ||
| Heavy helm, medium shoulders or visa versa? Posted: 29 Mar 2017 12:23 AM PDT I've seen some builds with people running a heavy helm and medium shoulders and others running medium helms and heavy shoulders. I figured heavy helm was better because it has a higher armor rating, but is one way better than the other? [link] [comments] | ||
| Switched from magsorc to stam sorc, cant survive a damn thing! Posted: 29 Mar 2017 04:00 AM PDT So I finally decided to transform my Breton mag sorc (pet heavy lightning build) into a speedy Orc stam sorc. Got some basic gear (briarheart 5 med, tremor, hunding dual daggers) on and went to see how well it fairs against world bosses. It went far worse than I had thought...dps was pretty low (15k if I nailed the rotation, not that bad compared to 25k on mag I guess) but what really annoys me is how easy I died...cant remember the last time I died to a world boss (soloed the Wrothgar ones pretty easily). My skills are not levelled (38 in dual wield) but I do have resolving vigor, all sorc skill s maxed. While resource management was not that hard with dark deal, I had a very hard time staying alive. Even with surge, hurricane, blade cloak, circle of protection and vigor spam I would have a hard time against most of the bosses in Bangkorai (esp the one with ogre adds). I know this is a l2p issue, so any tips on survival, rotation (using now: trap, hurricane, slashes, rapid x3) would be welcome before I fold and go back to mag breton... [link] [comments] | ||
| Stamplar gameplay from my stream Posted: 29 Mar 2017 03:52 AM PDT
| ||
| I bought this annoying thing because I thought it was cute. I hate it with every fiber of my being. Posted: 28 Mar 2017 12:10 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 03:48 AM PDT You know, i have been playing around with this game for about a year and a half now, and i am still finding new combinations for my characters bars. However, i still struggle with bar rotation. I'm currently playing as a magicka sorcerer with a destro staff and 2h, and could use some advice on how to create 2 bars i can rotate with ease, while maintaining resources. Its mainly for PVE as i ain't all that good at PVP. There is so many abilities to choose from its a daunting task working out abilities that chain well together. I am a big believer in trial by fire, but some outside opinions would be welcome. [link] [comments] | ||
| [PC] What do I keep DLC wise if I lose ESO Plus? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 04:56 PM PDT I know you can't go into the areas but do my skills, e.g Blade of Woe, become unusable too? [link] [comments] | ||
| New Player Question: Is Stamina & Magicka Build Viable? Posted: 29 Mar 2017 03:11 AM PDT Hey everyone, new player kindly requesting your input and experience :>
Thanks for taking time to read and helping out this nub. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 28 Mar 2017 09:10 PM PDT For a Heavy Armor pvp build 2h/bow 2h/s/b which mundus stone would be better P.s. Looking for heavy stam dk best option of boon. Thanks. [link] [comments] | ||
| [PC] Anyone else running this game from an external harddrive? Posted: 29 Mar 2017 02:34 AM PDT I got myself a gamer PC, it was a bargain but it only has 128 GB HD. I simply could not find the space for this massive game. So I tried to install it directly to an external HDD, to my surprise it actually runs pretty well! The load times are a bit higher than my other since since my computer HHD is solid slate. But totally playable, no lag. Has anyone else tried this? I just got this game and think its pretty good, but the game size is just crazy big.. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 02:29 AM PDT So I bought eso yesterday for PS4 and I have not yet played it. I was wondering what race/build I should focus on when beginning the game for the first time. In other mmo's I've played I liked to be as efficient as possible and have the option to solo most content. Any tips would be appreciated :) Edit: Super thanks for the reactions! :) Will check it out some more when I'm home [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 02:26 AM PDT as i understand in order to receive writ number 6 i need to do hollow city quest in coldhabour? and to start 7 until the 9th i need to do quest in belkarth craglorn? if i do not do them the writs stay on lvl 5? i have unlocked passives that allows me to gather and create my lvl ore, wood, runes and closing mats and equipment (cp 35) am i correct? pls help:) [link] [comments] | ||
| Problem with getting daily dungeon reward? Posted: 28 Mar 2017 11:41 AM PDT I thought maybe I wasn't doing something right but for the past few days I've ran multiple dungeons using the dungeon finder and at the end of each one I do not receive the bonus exp. Has anyone else had this problem? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 29 Mar 2017 01:16 AM PDT
|
| You are subscribed to email updates from Elder Scrolls Online. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment