The Legend of Zelda - My wife put all of my GameInformer magazines to good use. Thought y'all might appreciate this mosaic.


My wife put all of my GameInformer magazines to good use. Thought y'all might appreciate this mosaic.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 07:53 AM PST

Finished up my Twilight Princess tattoo yesterday.

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 04:37 PM PST

my Royal Crest inspired tattoo!

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 07:12 AM PST

Finished up some Breath of the Wild Fan art I have been working on for the past 2 days.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 05:54 AM PST

I drew the new Zora princess from Breath of the Wild

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 08:08 AM PST

Definitely not as amazing as that Twilight Princess one, but I figured I'd share my first tattoo!

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 08:43 AM PST

What Zelda game(s) do you not like, but is highly acclaimed?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 02:10 AM PST

For me it is The Minish Cap. It's not a bad game, but I just can't see the big deal with it.

submitted by /u/Majora23
[link] [comments]

Where can I find the screenshots that are in this video?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 07:17 AM PST

[Spoilers] Another landmark from the past returns to BotW

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 06:26 AM PST

I was watching this new Zelda trailer and at (https://youtu.be/2LnIGIZ3P0Q?t=8s) we see a giant Goddess Statue with two water falls behind her. It may be a bit of a reach, but I feel that this may be the same Goddess Statue from Skyward Sword that was housed on Skyloft that fell to the earth. Size seems plausible. I haven't seen anyone else talk about it yet. What do you think?

submitted by /u/legoturtle92
[link] [comments]

Why does OoT's Master Sword allow Link to go back in time?

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 04:26 AM PST

Just a question that popped up in my head. I know that it takes Link to the future so he's old enough to use it, but what about when he puts it back in the pedestal? Is time travel actually an action taken by Rauru and not a mechanism that belongs to the sword?

submitted by /u/cantchoosenames
[link] [comments]

Clean artwork from the European Breath of the Wild cover. Breathtaking.

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 07:51 PM PST

New fan here, scolding myself!

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 03:21 AM PST

Downloaded OoT on 3DS XL yesterday, I've fallen in love! Definitely lives up to the hype. Wish I would've started playing years ago!

submitted by /u/pussypink
[link] [comments]

[SPOILERS] 51 Questions And Answers With Miyamoto And Aonuma About Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 12:12 PM PST

Breath of the Wild Moment You are Looking Forward to

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 06:57 AM PST

Based on all the trailers for Breath of the Wild, which moment are you looking forward to seeing? Which scene, which dungeon, character etc.

For me, the moment I'm looking forward to the one scene from the Destiny trailer where it shows Link and Zelda on horses walking into the sunset. Such as nice moment to look at. What about you folks?

submitted by /u/captainjjb84
[link] [comments]

New BOTW Screenshot from Facebook

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 11:09 AM PST

[SPOILERS] Evidence we have actually seen Zelda in the present day of BotW

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 02:57 PM PST

While reading the Zelda reddit today, I noticed a couple posters mention that we might not have actually seen Zelda in the present in any of the trailers, and there is a possibility that she may have died prior to Link awakening at the start of BotW. Naturally, I panicked, because I'm a huge Zelda-Link shipper. In an effort to make me feel better, I started going frame-by-frame through the trailers we have seen featuring Zelda, trying to find some type of landmark in the background suggesting we were seeing her in the present-day events of Botw.

The first thing I noticed was that in the new Japanese trailer for the game, there's a shot of Link and Zelda riding horses up a hill. If you look closely in the background, you'll notice the main tower of Hyrule Castle poking out over the hill, which seems to be missing a chunk that is also missing in the shot of Calamity Ganon over the ruined castle from all the other trailers we've seen.

http://imgur.com/Xmjyo9h

http://imgur.com/SjbtjaQ

Beyond just that, I found a couple shots of Link and Zelda in the Switch presentation trailer where Link is wielding the Master Sword in it's rusted state. This is of course assuming the Master Sword rusted after/when Link was put into the Shrine of Resurrection, but I personally think that's probably a safe bet.

http://imgur.com/L27aeaV

http://imgur.com/RELoXIz

This, of course, doesn't necessarily prove anything, but I think it leads me to believe that it's far more likely than not that Zelda is directly involved in the present-day events of BotW.

submitted by /u/WowItsMichael
[link] [comments]

I made a fan trailer (another one) cause I'm bored and so are you

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 09:36 AM PST

Got my first tattoo in preparation for Breath of the Wild/ Nintendo Switch.

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 09:35 AM PST

Stumbled Across this Instrumental Beat that Samples Audio from OoT

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 05:36 AM PST

Just finished LTTP for the first time, and I love the fact that...

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 09:14 AM PST

...part of Link's wish is that the Fat Fairy loses weight.

submitted by /u/onebigkeppa
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Breath of the Wild's Art Style

Posted: 09 Feb 2017 01:54 AM PST

With less than a month from the release of our next console Zelda, Breath of the Wild, the release comes with the promise of the first Zelda game completely designed from the ground up in HD. I'm a firm believer that graphics don't make a game, but the visual upgrade can only enhance the experience.

A topic I've not seen talked about much is the game's art style, which is visually distinct from any of the previously existing titles. I wanted to make this post see how others felt about BotW's art direction.

Now, the franchise is no stranger to stylistic changes, the 3D games especially.

  • Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask started out more realistic, if a bit exaggerated, in their designs, but were held back by the limitations of the N64.

  • Wind Waker went full on in the cartoony direction, cell-shading all characters and environments to be more vibrant and pop out.

  • Due to backlash towards Wind Waker, Twilight Princess went in the complete opposite direction, making everything look grittier, more detailed, and overall darker in tone.

  • Skyward Sword tried to have a balance of styles, making characters look cartoonish, but maintaining detailed environments.

Looking at Breath of the Wild, we seem to have a mix of elements from all of the previous games. Friendly character models continue to be drawn in a exaggerated style, but have realistic proportions for their given race. Enemy design resembles that of Twilight Princess, where they're all drawn to look more intimidating and scary, separating them from normal NPC's. Environments are crisp and detailed, looking almost like real world landscapes mixed with a bit of that Zelda magic.

All in all, BotW, for my tastes, is looking like it may have the best aesthetics of any game in the series. I'm curious to hear how you all think it compares to the rest of the series.

submitted by /u/bluebreeze52
[link] [comments]

Anyone else really excited to fight a Guardian for the first time?

Posted: 08 Feb 2017 11:46 AM PST

I've been watching a lot of gameplay lately & this clip in particular has me hyped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNoXmqI6iyg&t=18m3s

I love that Guardians are basically minibosses that roam the overworld & seem so difficult that it might be smarter to avoid them for the most part at first.

What I really love is the chaotic piano that occurs when one notices you, followed by the hectic and unique battle music I assume is specifically for Guardian fights. From the looks of it, the world has a lot of huge roaming creatures for us to stumble upon & face in battle. Can't wait to devise strategies and use the game's sandbox nature to figure out how to beat them.

submitted by /u/lostpretzels
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.