The Legend of Zelda - 14 days left! 14 Zelda games remain! Let's discuss: Ocarina of Time


14 days left! 14 Zelda games remain! Let's discuss: Ocarina of Time

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 09:54 PM PST

And the day finally came, it was the dawn of a new era. Videogames had evolved to 3D and the next best thing was the announcement of a 3D Zelda. The game was literally a travel through time, with a magical narrative and a superb soundtrack, it retained the core gameplay of the previous 2D games and became one of the most successful games of all time. Revolutionary, a classic and an inspiration for lots of developers of games that we know today.

In this thread we discuss all the previous Zelda games, one per day until we finally get to explore the world of Breath of the Wild.

5 simple questions about each game!

  • 1. Your favorite aspect of the game? (Replay value, music, gameplay, characters, the world)

  • 2. Favorite Dungeon.

  • 3. That one song in the game everyone should listen to.

  • 4. The quote, moment or cutscene that stuck in your head.

  • 5. Why should anyone play this game?

Let's travel through time. Let's discuss The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)


Previous discussions: Link's Awakening / A Link to the Past / The Adventure of Link / The Legend of Zelda

submitted by /u/Not2Xavi
[link] [comments]

Threading the Needle

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 02:48 AM PST

With Breath of the Wild dropping in just two weeks, I decided to finish up the one console Zelda I hadn't before. Can we talk about how *seriously* under appreciated Skyward Sword is?

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 01:21 AM PST

I've played the bulk of the game in the past, got just up to the point before meeting Levias. . . Then my game went missing.

Once BotW was announced to be launching in March; I downloaded it for the Wii U VC, and made it a point to finish up Skyward Sword, starting anew.

I'm typing this while splitting my attention with the credits roll. I'm at a loss for where to really start, but Skyward Sword is simply hands down my favorite Zelda title to date now. Displacing Majora's Mask to second, and Wind Waker to third.

Breath of the Wild will no doubt be more expansive and non-linear than Skyward Sword, but so is Skyrim. I honestly believe it will be hard to top Skyward Sword's overall execution.

Anyway, I find it really disheartening that Skyward Sword doesn't receive more praise. For all the complaints that everyone seems to have about it; whether they think it's overly-linear or the controlls are too buggy. It seems no one wants to look at it for how it is as a Zelda game. . . What it contributes to lore, how in depth combat is (even if the Demise fight is lacking in dynamism), and how well the world works.

tl;dr: Skyward Sword is incredible, fuck the haters. Rebuke or affirm below.

submitted by /u/Yes_I_Fuck_Foxes
[link] [comments]

I'm getting sick of this crap...

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 10:11 PM PST

Office workers who are taking Friday off, here's something for you.

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:56 AM PST

[US] BOTW Deluxe Edition Guide available now on Amazon!

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:57 AM PST

The Legend of Zelda: LTTP World Map VR by Megasteakman

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 08:50 AM PST

Perfext start to a Friday!

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 06:39 AM PST

[OC]Art. My Breath of the Wild Fan Art

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 02:02 AM PST

Breath of the Wild Deluxe Edition Guide is now up on Amazon

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:58 AM PST

[OC] Piano Cover - Song of Healing & Lost Woods Medley

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:55 AM PST

Hey guys, I recently did a replay of Majora's Mask and really fell in love with the Song of Healing, and since its core melody is the reverse of Saria's Song I decided to try writing a little transition between the Song of Healing & the Lost Woods theme (to avoid going crazy waiting for BOTW). I think it turned out alright! Sorry for the truly awful video quality and the sloppy playing, especially during the Lost Woods theme... really just wanted to share that I was finally able to combine the two in that middle section, thought some of you may appreciate :)

https://youtu.be/X7SBQsmloEA

submitted by /u/bottleglitch
[link] [comments]

Information About / Review of Zelda 30th Anniversary Concert Limited Edition CD

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:55 AM PST

I know others have shared their thoughts about this release but I wanted to chime in.

The Collector's Edition costs about $55 USD imported from Amazon Japan (which will ship to the US). The two CDs are in their own jewel case, and the DVD is in its own slim jewel case.

There are fourteen tracks total, divided 7 and 7 between discs one and two. The DVD only has 11 of the songs on it, and is the footage that plays during the shows for those tracks.

Contrary to early rumors, Kakariko Village and Breath of the Wild Overture, which are the encore tracks from the concert that was recorded for this set, are absent from even the DVD version (unless they are hidden somewhere on the disc and I just can't find them). Kakariko Village was on the 25th Anniversary CD that came with Skyward Sword, but it would have been nice to get Breath of the Wild Overture on this. Hopefully it will be included on the CD that comes with the Limited and Master versions of the Switch game.

The other things in the package are some very nice pins and a stand for the whole set. It looks nice next to the Wind Waker Baton if you purchased that from the website, and the set fits in beautifully as a centerpiece of any Zelda display.

The audio quality is excellent, far better than fan recordings from the shows. It's not on par with the recordings from the 25th Anniversary CD (which were studio recordings rather than live ones), but it's solid. There is some applause on certain tracks.

The biggest disappointment is that this is not a complete release. Favorites from the live shows such as the Link's Awakening medley, a lot of Majora's Mask material (though there is a medley of Majora's Mask ocarina songs here), Dragon Roost Island, and plenty of others are conspicuously absent.

Lastly, there is a ticket holder available in the set as a bonus. It's nothing special; just a printed holder with lots of official Zelda artwork.

tl;dr Having listened to the whole thing twice now and watched most of the DVD, I'm happy with my purchase but I wish it was a more complete package. Still, get it now from Amazon Japan because prices are jumping up to crazy levels on eBay to take advantage of uninformed consumers.

submitted by /u/XZero319
[link] [comments]

[OC] (3/4) I did Another Zelda X Ghibli BOTW Crossover fanart!

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 09:54 AM PST

Link's Smart Sword

Posted: 16 Feb 2017 02:11 PM PST

Anyone else constantly dreaming of BotW?

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 12:14 AM PST

Hi there

So it started some time after the whole Switch Presentation. I dream of Breath of the Wild in some way or another every night since then.

Last night for example, I dreamt of finding the old castle Labyrinth from OoT but all destroyed.

Am I alone?

Obviously I had some games I was hyped about appear in my dreams in the past, but not on a consistent daily basis

submitted by /u/Axemen210
[link] [comments]

Anyone else have a BotW pre-order shipping date of March 29 on Amazon?

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 02:37 AM PST

Logged in to make sure I have enough money in my Amazon account to pay off BotW (Wii U) when it drops. When I got to the order page, it says this item is shipping on March 29, and will arrive March 31. Does anyone else have this issue? Should I just cancel and preorder elsewhere for the Wii U?

This is pretty damning if it's going to actually be that way. I'll gladly take my business elsewhere (pre-order, as well) and cancel my 4-year prime membership for this. I preordered it way back in January 2016. I've pre-ordered from Amazon before and never had this issue, so I am quite confused.

Edit: I'm in the NA region (USA).

Edit 2: Amazon confirmed my copy will, in fact, not ship until the 29th of March. Anyone else got theirs delayed, too?

submitted by /u/PhantomLink29
[link] [comments]

Square Pixel Sheikah Font

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 02:23 AM PST

[SPOILERS] What if there was a mini film about the downfall timeline?

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 09:02 AM PST

Much like the the "Terrible Fate" video we received in November, what if there was a high quality video showing the events of Link vs Ganondorf and Link's ultimate defeat? It would certainly bring tears to my eyes. Maybe we'll see something about this in Breath of the Wild? Do you think cgi or anime-style would be better? I honestly think it would be so interesting and hopefully someone with both the talent and drive to create this makes it happen one day!

submitted by /u/Pillowmon
[link] [comments]

Where is this shard?

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:59 AM PST

Deluxe edition guide for BOTW finally has a listing

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 06:47 AM PST

Looks like amazon has already sold out but Barnes and Noble still has it up

submitted by /u/seejonesyrun
[link] [comments]

What are you guys doing while waiting for botw? (MILD TP SPOILERS)

Posted: 17 Feb 2017 12:29 AM PST

Me personally, I'm playing through Twilight Princess HD on my Wii U. This is the first Zelda I've ever been driven to play completely. I'm not very far in the game, about the part where you meet the Gorons, but the part where you meet the kids again and reunite and all the little details really made me feel. The story so far is really good, and the fact it makes you want to play through the game even more to see it through to the end makes it even better. The dungeons are fun and better then ocarina of times IMO. What about you guys? What games are you playing?

submitted by /u/Emulationboy13
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.