Super Smash Bros - Daily Discussion Thread 02/22/17 |
- Daily Discussion Thread 02/22/17
- You Ceased Development in the Wrong Neighborhood
- M2K's Marth is a thing of beauty...
- SuperGirlKels signs with eSports organization BOT Empire.
- Smash Summit Spring 2017 now has a combined $60,000 prize pool, nearly doubling the previous record!
- Top 19 Mindgames #2 - GRsmash
- M2K zero to death chain grab on FD against fox
- I took apart two controllers yesterday to swap some parts. Anyone know why the PCBs are different?
- M2K eats a pizza with Oreos dipped in in milk on stream for hitting 20 subs
- Ganon
- HugS pushing the Samus metagame to the next level
- Nyoom
- Beating the World’s Best at Super Smash Bros. Melee with Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Outfoxed 3 - Smash 4 Fox Combo Video
- Are You A Kirby Player? - Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Year-End Review: Falco article just published. Fox is actually his best match-up?
- D1 talks Smash 4 stage strikes, Nintendo Switch, and the impending Civil War
- Full Bloom 3 Trailer - Bloomington, Indiana; March 25
- macshootingstarmeme.mp4
- X-Post from /r/ssbpm: Enhanced Training Mode UPDATE (Wait Overlays, Hitbox Display, and more) by /u/PyotrLuzhin. Link to thread in comments
- Naifu Sub Tournament #7 - Online Sub Only Event [Winner gets a neon colored Nintendo Switch with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild]
- Character Usage in Tournament VODs
- How I Met My (Super Smash) Brother
- Marth speedruns every possible Target Test stages (3:36.31)
- Smash Summit 4 - Pools predictions
- How to Armada Shine - (not) SSBM Tutorials
| Daily Discussion Thread 02/22/17 Posted: 21 Feb 2017 11:13 PM PST Welcome to the Daily Discussion Thread series on /r/smashbros! Inspired by /r/SSBM and /r/hiphopheads's DDTs, you can post here:
Other guidelines:
If you have any suggestions about future DDTs or anything else subreddit related, please send them our way! Thanks in advance! Also, if you want to chat with other /r/smashbros users you can do so via our Discord channel. [link] [comments] | ||
| You Ceased Development in the Wrong Neighborhood Posted: 22 Feb 2017 08:43 AM PST
| ||
| M2K's Marth is a thing of beauty... Posted: 22 Feb 2017 06:19 PM PST https://clips.twitch.tv/mew2king/excitedsandpiperwholewheat I have no words for how amazing that was [link] [comments] | ||
| SuperGirlKels signs with eSports organization BOT Empire. Posted: 22 Feb 2017 04:50 PM PST The Canadian Sonic main Kelsey "SuperGirlKels" Medeiros signs on with eSports team BOT Empire leading up to Frostbite 2017 www.smash.gg/fb2017 Ranked only behind C9 | Ally on the Montreal PR, SuperGirlKels has gained throngs of fans through her aggressive Sonic play and relentlessly positive demeanor. Check her out this weekend at Frostbite 2017 and in March at MVG Frame Perfect Series 2, with later events to be announced. She streams at www.twitch.tv/SuperGirlKels with a dedicated schedule, and more information about her activities can be found at her website. www.supergirlkelssgk.com SuperGirlKels is the first Smash player signed by the BOT Empire. They also have had Nightwing signed, a Smash 4 commentator, but only in the capacity of a commentator and consultant. Bot has said that they are looking to expand in this Smash further. Other eSports titles that they have been involved with include Smite, Gears of War, and Call of Duty. Check out the BOT Empire website at www.botempire.tv for more information about the organization! [link] [comments] | ||
| Smash Summit Spring 2017 now has a combined $60,000 prize pool, nearly doubling the previous record! Posted: 22 Feb 2017 11:24 AM PST https://twitter.com/smashgg/status/834473891967889408Huge shoutout to everyone who contributed and made this the largest prize pool Melee has seen so far! Smash Summit Spring 2017 Prize Pool Distribution:
If you still want to pick up some Summit or smash.gg merch, the shop is open until the day after the tournament (Monday 3/6 11:59 PM PST): Smash Summit Spring 2017 Shop Make sure to tune in at twitch.tv/beyondthesummit on Thursday, March 2nd. We're looking forward to matches and the content surrounding them! --The smash.gg team [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:10 PM PST
| ||
| M2K zero to death chain grab on FD against fox Posted: 22 Feb 2017 05:48 PM PST | ||
| I took apart two controllers yesterday to swap some parts. Anyone know why the PCBs are different? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 05:35 AM PST
| ||
| M2K eats a pizza with Oreos dipped in in milk on stream for hitting 20 subs Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:22 PM PST https://clips.twitch.tv/mew2king/DoubtfulDotterelOSfrog Credits to Mew2King's stream and MVG_League [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 05:59 AM PST
| ||
| HugS pushing the Samus metagame to the next level Posted: 22 Feb 2017 10:50 AM PST | ||
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:00 PM PST | ||
| Beating the World’s Best at Super Smash Bros. Melee with Deep Reinforcement Learning Posted: 22 Feb 2017 05:26 AM PST | ||
| Outfoxed 3 - Smash 4 Fox Combo Video Posted: 22 Feb 2017 10:06 AM PST
| ||
| Are You A Kirby Player? - Super Smash Bros. Melee Posted: 22 Feb 2017 02:57 PM PST
| ||
| Year-End Review: Falco article just published. Fox is actually his best match-up? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:48 PM PST
| ||
| D1 talks Smash 4 stage strikes, Nintendo Switch, and the impending Civil War Posted: 22 Feb 2017 11:21 AM PST
| ||
| Full Bloom 3 Trailer - Bloomington, Indiana; March 25 Posted: 22 Feb 2017 08:15 AM PST
| ||
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 12:45 PM PST
| ||
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 02:02 PM PST
| ||
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 10:37 AM PST
| ||
| Character Usage in Tournament VODs Posted: 22 Feb 2017 03:24 PM PST
| ||
| How I Met My (Super Smash) Brother Posted: 22 Feb 2017 12:50 PM PST Long time lurker, first time writer. tl;dr My college best friend and I became inseparable because of Super Smash Brothers and our competitiveness in it pushed us to achieve much more outside of it, changing our lives forever. The Super Smash Brothers series has been invaluable to me since playing it for the first time in '99 and it is responsible for many of my life-long friendships. I grew up in a small South Texas town and leaving the familiar for college in 2010 wasn't exactly the easiest thing for me to do. Little did I know, the Super Smash series would continue to pay dividends for me 600 miles away from home. I wrote a few hundred words about how playing Super Smash Brothers with my best friend in college pushed me to be who I am today. It's called How I Met My (Super Smash) Brother. It's a lame title, I know, but I couldn't help myself. The style is also somewhat derivative of HIMYM's TV pilot. I've copy pasted the text below for your convenience, although following the link above wouldn't hurt. Thanks for the read, guys. This game means so much to me. lou_dogg Friends, I'm going to tell you an incredible story; the story of how I met my best friend. Now, am I telling you this story because you're being punished for something? No. You're not being forced to read this. Is this story going to take awhile? Well, it won't take 9 seasons, but it will take a few hundred words. It all started one weekday afternoon outside of the university bookstore. I was walking home from school, first quiz in the books and I was feeling fantastic. And then this guy in a Black Flag t-shirt went and screwed the whole thing up. "You're in my 151 class, aren't you?" I hated meeting new people, but he was right. "Yes, yes I am." So we walked, he talked and I reluctantly listened, eager to get home and kick off my shoes. My tune would soon change, however, as our similarities became more abundantly clear. Block for block, turn for turn, we walked and talked hobbies, music, and shared interests. As luck would have it, we lived right across the street from each other. "Want to come over later and hang out some more?" "Yes." I walked over a few hours later and was greeted with your typical fare. Beer, snacks, the humming of a mid-tier record player…and Super Mario Kart? Very interesting. Video games hadn't come up in our earlier conversations. I met and talked with some more people, albeit much less reluctant to do so this time around, yet all I wanted to do was sit and play that damn game. But it was much too soon to expose myself. Not my love of video games, per se, but my tendency to want to be the best at them. I nevertheless found myself at ease in this sea of strangers and proceeded to pick up the controller anyway. I won and lost some races, purposefully so as not to uncover the truth, yet I couldn't help but step on the gas for my last laps of the night. His eyes darted toward mine as I crossed the finish line. We exchanged a knowing glance. "We should do this every day." "Yes." Our initially playful acquaintance had turned into a semi-hostile rivalry. From Super Mario Kart to Double Dash, he and I were locked in an endless battle to be the best. Pushing, shoving, yelling, whatever it took to win, we'd do it. But not a single game could come close to replicating the passionate exchanges we had while playing the Super Smash games. Having played Super Smash diligently since the original in '99, I was miles ahead of my new friend, and normally, I'd be fine with this level of disparity. But something inside me had changed. For every part of me that wanted to continue to wallop on him, there were two others itching to help. I caved. I taught him how to sidestep. I taught him how to edge guard. I taught him about combos, techniques, and predicting movements. I taught him everything I knew….and he kicked my ass. I'd never felt better in my entire life. He was just as surprised as I was, but he soon caught wind of what was happening at that exact moment. We exchanged another knowing glance. "Want to study for tomorrow's exam?" "Yes." From that day forward, our competitive spirit lived on in the best possible way. What began outside the classroom reached right back into it. We had to be best, but we knew we needed the other to do so. When I was in need of a hand he'd lend it, and I would do the very same for him. We'd push one another to be better than the credit we gave ourselves. The results showed, and there was no better feeling in the world. By now, the semester was nearly over. We'd just finished up an hour long study session and midnight was just minutes away. We let out a collective sigh…then he handed me a controller. We exchanged one final glance. "Final Destination, 4-stock?" "Yes." This all took place during the first of four long years we spent together, but it wouldn't take nearly that long to realize who this guy really was to me. From the moment we crossed paths, I knew I'd met a lifelong friend. From the moment we crossed paths, I knew I'd met my best friend. But most importantly, from the moment we crossed paths, I knew I'd finally met my Super Smash Brother. [link] [comments] | ||
| Marth speedruns every possible Target Test stages (3:36.31) Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:40 AM PST
| ||
| Smash Summit 4 - Pools predictions Posted: 22 Feb 2017 04:08 PM PST I'm going to try and make some predictions for the pools at Summit 4 see here for the format of this Players[A]rmada (Peach, Fox) [SSBMRank 1] The first four seeds will likely be (in this order): source We assume that everyone chooses so that they have the best chance of winning. Round 1Armada picks Infinite Numbers. This is a no-brainer pick; Peach (especially Armada's) eats Icies and Numbers is the lowest ranked player. Mango picks HugS. Mango has not lost a game to HugS since 2015 (according to Tafostats) and also tends to do well against other Samuses such as Duck and Plup. Mew2King picks Lucky. The two have not played since 2015, but Lucky is ranked fairly low, and the last time Lucky defeated Mew2King was 2011. Mew2King would likely want to avoid ChuDat due to his relatively weaker performance against Icies. S2J has gone to game 5 with M2K the last two times they've played, so Mew2King probably doesn't want to face him. Hungrybox picks S2J. Hbox's record against Falcon is incredibly good (save for Wizzrobe), not having lost a game to n0ne, Gahtzu, or Gravy in Tafostats history. Chu took Hbox to game 5 at Genesis 4, and S2J has never done particularly well against Hbox. Groups 1: Armada, Infinite Numbers Remaining: Leffen, Plup, SFAT, Westballz, Axe, Ice, PewPewU, ChuDat Round 2These players will be seeded to the other side of the bracket so the matchups don't matter as much. S2J picks ChuDat. The two have never played in Tafostats history, but S2J has a losing record against everyone else and does decently against Nintendude and dizzkidboogie. Because Chu will be seeded to the other side of the bracket, S2J will likely just choose the lowest ranking player, in this case Chu. Lucky picks Ice. Lucky has done decently well against Ice and hasn't faced PewPewU in a while. HugS picks PewPewU as PewPewU is the lowest ranked player remaining. Infinite Numbers picks Westballz as Westballz is the only player left that Infinite Numbers has a winning record against. Groups 1: Armada, Infinite Numbers, Westballz Remaining: Leffen, Plup, SFAT, Axe Round 3Westballz picks Axe, being up 5-0 on him in 2016-2017. PewPewU picks SFAT, as they frequently have close games and PewPewU does pretty badly aganst Plup and Leffen. *Note: if PewPewU doesn't want to force a team kill he will probably go for Plup. Ice picks Plup as Ice has a better record against Plup than against Leffen. Thus ChuDat is forced to pick Leffen. Final Groups 1: Armada vs Infinite Numbers, Westballz vs Axe Disclaimer: I don't know too much about Melee (enough to try this though) so if I made any obvious logical fallacies feel free to let me know lol [link] [comments] | ||
| How to Armada Shine - (not) SSBM Tutorials Posted: 22 Feb 2017 12:35 PM PST
|
| You are subscribed to email updates from Super Smash Bros.. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment