Learn Dota 2 - Does anyone else feel like this patch is just about 5 manning? |
- Does anyone else feel like this patch is just about 5 manning?
- When to buy BKB
- Day9+Purge lesson on Hero Manipulation (positioning, angling, etc) starting now!
- Haven't played dota since patch 7.00 came out, need some help getting back into the game.
- How does percentage based magic damage interact with percentage based magical resistance?
- Playing Dota with mental health issues?
- As a support, how can I provide vision for my team if the wards run out?
- Current Dota Hero Tier List
- Question: about Zeus aghs key binding
- Any advice for this 15k gold lead throw?
- PSA: Friendlyness logic seems to change
- Is there any reason why you should choose -6 secound Soul Catch cooldown reduction over +400 Demonic Purge Damage talent?
- 7.02 Windranger Build
- Help me understand the psychology of a dota player
- Does movespeed make a significant difference in harassing?
- Who counters sniper mid?
- What is that "arrow marking" when using skill or TP?
- Question about maximum allowed MMR difference in ranked party games
- Thank you Dota and US East for the great games.
- Rate my dotabuff please and some questions about SF vs TA match-up mid game.
- What could I have done as a Sven in the early game?
- Paid coaching in Dota 2 worth it or not? any experiences of coaching for a competitive advantage?
- World number 5 Sand King streaming offlane party ranked (5k)
- Oracle's Purifying Flames
- Winning with non farm intensive heroes
| Does anyone else feel like this patch is just about 5 manning? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:25 PM PST I play around 3k and every game I play we lose because their team groups up as 5 and ours doesn't. That is literally the case in every single loss it seems like. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 06:28 PM PST I have over 1400 games and I've only ended a game with a BKB 38 times based on my dotabuff stats. I rarely ever purchase BKB and I kind of need a reason why I should spend 3800 gold on a defensive item. I feel like I've already lost the game if I have to purchase defensive items over dmg when I play carries. [link] [comments] |
| Day9+Purge lesson on Hero Manipulation (positioning, angling, etc) starting now! Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:04 PM PST |
| Haven't played dota since patch 7.00 came out, need some help getting back into the game. Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:25 PM PST I was a 4.3k MMR player and I am looking to get back into the game. I have already forgotten some of the fundamental mechanics and my decision making is very poor right now so I won't be playing ranked for now. I will be reading the patch notes but throw away anything you have at me. Side question:What are some good chat wheel commands to choose from? What can I do to get back to my skill level and further improve? I am willing to put in the time watching my own demos and pro demos. Thanks [link] [comments] |
| How does percentage based magic damage interact with percentage based magical resistance? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:54 PM PST For example, what happens if Zeus' passive interacts with a Hood of Defiance? [link] [comments] |
| Playing Dota with mental health issues? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 08:03 AM PST So maybe this doesn't belong here, because this isn't really a technical question, but I'm curious if anyone here has any personal experience on this topic. I am bipolar, and before I figured this out I used to play a lot of dota when I really shouldn't have been. It's well past the point where I can actually enjoy the game, even if I like it in abstract. Last night I played the game for the first time in a month, hoping that maybe some of the anger the game brings out in me had gone away: that ended in less than 3 hours with a broken keyboard. Outside of the game (Dota specifically, though it is leaking into other multiplayer) I am completely fine, but for some reason I can't handle playing this game anymore without turning into an awful person. Any tips? I'm going to be getting help soon, but I really don't want to have to ditch dota because of not being able to handle it mentally. At the same time, I'm sick of playing 2-3 games and just feeling miserable for days/losing sleep over games. It's not even satisfying anymore when I win, it just feels hollow, like some kind of pity win the game gave me to balance out the winrate. Win or lose the lane, it feels like the game is predetermined and I only effect one out of every ten or so games. I'm just frustrated. My behavior score is terrible because I let it get too far already, and now that my life is more together I want to get back into the game, but the resentment is still there. Any tips or personal stories of frustration would be appreciated. All the best! [link] [comments] |
| As a support, how can I provide vision for my team if the wards run out? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 03:48 PM PST The blue wards don't provide vision, as I figured out today. So that means that the only way to get vision is Observer wards, and I can only have 3 of those on the map at once. I'm having some trouble lategame, I want to ward their jungle or our jungle, possibly a rune or roshan. Is there any way I can help my team with vision without wards? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 05:49 PM PST Dota reddit used to publish a monthly hero tier list based on the frequency of picks/bans in pro games. It hasn't been published for quite some time. Where can I find something like that? [link] [comments] |
| Question: about Zeus aghs key binding Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:51 PM PST When i go into the custom hero hotkeys for zeus his aghs spell doesnt show up where as other heroes with aghs spells (timber earth spirit) do. Is this a bug coz i cant map a key to the nimbus spell. [link] [comments] |
| Any advice for this 15k gold lead throw? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:20 PM PST Match ID: 3014142197 www.opendota.com/matches/3014142197 My team had a 15k + gold lead (despite our spectre being afk for a while) but we took 2 bad team fights in a row and lost the throne in one push. I've rewatched the ending 2 team fights but I don't know what to look out for. Any advice on positioning, who to target first, or what items to turn the fight around would be much appreciated! (I was playing as lich but any tips for this particular match up would be fine) [link] [comments] |
| PSA: Friendlyness logic seems to change Posted: 22 Feb 2017 04:52 PM PST My friendliness was 8K. In a week I played 20 games and I was on a massive lose streak. I had scores of 20-12, 16-8, etc and at the end of my game said "well my teammates are fucking shit. GG all". Apparently some were butthurt and I got 6 reports in 5 matches of the 10+ I lost. It put me in low prio. My friendlyness rating dropped 1000. I'm now 7K out of 10K. I played about 8 games after low prio and I get nothing but assholes and shitheads that try to carry the game solo and run into 5 and doing things 1K players do (I'm 2.5K, was 3K pre dota 7.0). It's frustrating as hell. One player got pissed at another and fed until game was over. It's literally unplayable when you're with these players So just two warnings. 1: Don't play 30 games in a single week and get reported 6 times because you'll still get silenced/low prio regardless if it was across many games or not (I'm pretty sure someone said you needed 7 reports in a week. Dota said I had 6 reports in last 25 games). Also use US West unless you can speak spanish. I gotten silenced/muted in the past when I played a lot in a week but I never had my Friendlyness drop like this except that one time my internet cut out and abandon (that also does -1000, a single report is like -100 and a commend probably is +100) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 04:19 AM PST I have played Shadow Demon way before TI5 and love him. My second most played hero acctually. However, 7.00 gave him a pretty shitty talent tree. It wasn't untill you hit lvl 25 where you could get that whooping +400 Demonic Purge Damage. Which means it was a 800 dmg nuke, with Aghanim scepter you could cast this 3 times in a row for the insane 2400 magic damage. But except that, the tree is pretty garbage. Some of the lowest amount of cast range and movement values on a tree I have seen. However, 7.02 changed one of his 25 talents, his Shadow poison -1 sec cooldown reduction was changed into -6 second soul catcher cooldown reduction. Soo from 10 seconds to 4. I don't know how you play Shadow demon, but this late in the game I can rarely go that near the enemy team. And Soul catcher isn't that good in teamfights, especially if they are among the creeps. I cast ult, disrupt whoever need to get disrupt. Cast posion over the field if I can. Micro the illusions. I can cast soul catcher maby one time in a teamfight, usually the start of an fight or chase the running survivor. And with -6 second cooldown, nothing change here. I most of the time am only able to cast it maby 1 time. It's a very situational spell. It would be a better change if every enemy within the soul catcher AoE get effected instead of a random target. Then I would concider picking that talent. But for now, i'm clueless of what to acctually use for this talent. Have you used it and found anything usefull with it? Don't get me wrong, Soul catcher is maby THE best damage amplifier spell in the game. It's just the random target within the AoE that makes it... very situational. You must fast but carefully cast this spell soo the right target get this effect. And be able to spam it every 4 seconds doesn't solve it IMO. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 11:50 AM PST Has anyone found a good build for WR in 7.02 after the buffs she got? I've heard of a caster like build with Veil > Aether > Maelstrom, but idk if that'd be really good considering you aren't able to get the spell amp talent until level 20. Would a build like Veil > Blink > Aghs > Crit be good with Veil replacing Maelstrom for slightly less farm speed but better teamfighting, or is the Mael > Blink > Aghs build still better? [link] [comments] |
| Help me understand the psychology of a dota player Posted: 22 Feb 2017 03:23 PM PST Whenever someone starts angrily flaming me in game for whatever reason things follow this pattern: i tell them to stop or either i ruin their game with those exact words, not even screaming or calling them names, they dont believe me (?) and keep flaming screaming and pinging and typing all caps, i procede to warn them again, they still keep going, and finally i ruin their game. So at this point they start crying even more and blaming me because they lose. Often i even tell them that if they stop being dicks i will get back into the game, but they flame even more or go completely silent and dont even answer ! Is that pride ? Why doesnt the average dota player understand that actions have consequences ? I know i could just mute them, but why do i have to ignore someone and actively try to win for them ? In real life you dont just ignore someone who's screaming at you for some stupid reason and hitting you. Everyone knows that if you're warned not to do something and you do it anyway you obviously pay the consequences: then why is the everyday dota player so different. I dont even want them to stop because i know that's impossible given the amount of players, but i really dont understand their psychology. It's like someone blaming the red light if they crash into another car, or the knife if they cut a finger, what's the point of complaining and screaming if they know exactly 100% what's gonna happen and then dont even stop being dicks when they know that i would surely get back into the game. Is the dota player just a masochist or someone who only does exactly the opposite of what others say. edit: quick little note: i dont care about mmr, i believe it's only a number: could that be part of the reason i dont understand ? [link] [comments] |
| Does movespeed make a significant difference in harassing? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 02:13 PM PST I've got a friend who seems convinced that starting with boots lets him pull ahead in early trades. Is this correct? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 05:28 AM PST Who counters sniper mid? I like playing TA and Ember, but feel like sniper counters them pretty hard in lane. Other than Viper, who doesn't give the same dominance over the game as TA and Ember do, I can't think of any counters. Ideas? [link] [comments] |
| What is that "arrow marking" when using skill or TP? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:43 PM PST I saw a lot of pro players using the "arrow marking" for TP and skill. What is that for and how to use that? [link] [comments] |
| Question about maximum allowed MMR difference in ranked party games Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:39 PM PST I'm aware it's around 2000 MMR - but wondering if that considers solo MMR, party MMR or both, and how being unranked in one of them affects that. The specific situation: Joined a party with a 3.6k guy who's been kind enough to help me with some in-game advice. I've never calibrated for ranked. He accidentally clicked the "Find ranked match" button and it told him the party's MMR spread was too high, so he thought my hidden MMR must therefore be under 1.6k. However - I have played exactly ONE ranked party game when I was a noob with about 2 months' experience. Everyone had been drinking and they started a match while I went to the men's room, and I came back staring at a ranked drafting screen, and they were fucking around picking things like Techies and Io. We got stomped by a bunch of low-1k players and that's the only ranked party match I've ever played. So what I'm wondering is, could this actually mean my Ranked PARTY MMR is what's too low. It literally might be around 300. I think this guy's party MMR was a bit lower than his solo, like 2.5-2.7k. In my solo games I tend to face mostly players from about 1.5-2.7k and the games seem evenly matched, so my guess is my hidden MMR is somewhere in the middle. My win rate is also like 57% in solo games but only 40% in parties, so it wouldn't be surprising if one ranking was much higher than the other. Anyway, am I right in assuming this probably mostly means it's my party MMR that's dogshit? [link] [comments] |
| Thank you Dota and US East for the great games. Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:32 PM PST Shout out to the Dota team's rework in matchmaking, and the US East players that have been a blast to play with. The number of non-English speaking people in my games are at an all time low, and more often than not I get teamed with people who have microphones, aren't toxic, and still play to win. Played a ranked game last night as solo offlane OD, and our Sven was losing his lane and kinda upset about my solo off pick. He kept his head in the game, still communicated, and after I got 2 rampages, had found the time to make up missed farm to help win the game. It could very well be I've just had a lucky streak, and if that's the case...then, whatever. I'll ride it out til it's over, but in general.....for a while now I've gotten to play with some extremely nice people, which makes for a more enjoyable game because of synced abilities, successful ganks/rotations, and good overall coordination. Thanks for the good times Dota and US East. [link] [comments] |
| Rate my dotabuff please and some questions about SF vs TA match-up mid game. Posted: 22 Feb 2017 04:45 AM PST Hi so I've been grinding out some games mostly SF PA and Slark. There is one game in there that maybe you can ignore to review. It's the game where I played tiny. I searched for a single draft by accident and was asked to go mid against the sniper which I didn't really feel for doing at all, and i ended up doing pretty badly as i expected, since its not one of my better heroes at all. I also saw that it was for some reason VHS bracket and my Luna was a 6k player so I felt pretty bad about going 1/8. Again, I searched for single draft by accident and I was not very motivated to play that one. I wanted to ask for some some general pointers after looking at my dotabuff on any obvious improvements and I also had a question about SF vs TA. Mostly some conceptual stuff. So as far as I understand it TA shits on SF after reaching lvl 6 even if you kill her once or twice before that, so I've been trying to always carry a TP in lane in a 1v1 match up in the early game now, and just farming more neutrals in between waves instead of staying in lane when a few are not showing on map. But except running away like a puss every time I see her on map, what more can I do to actually win this game? I feel like she starts to just roam the map looking for kills, and I'm not sure how to deal with it. Do I go gank other heroesmyself making sure she's not close by and gain a lead that way? Do I just farm jungle hoping to statically out farm her? Do I ask my team to kill her or help me kill her? Because I feel like if she catches me once in a,bad fight and I just die. similar to a PA if you don't have silver edge/mkb yet. This just feels terrible to play against, especially if you're scared and farming jungle between waves knowing it can happen and they just go roam the whole jungle as 3 or 4 to kill you. I feel like even if I manage to get out, they will go on my team instead. More so with TA then PA because obviously her refraction but deso vlads PA is also quite strong against SF. I feel powerless against these heroes as SF. And they're always counter picks, I never pick SF willingly into these match ups but I still need to win. I can't even think of any useful items to build against her. Maybe AC or butterfly but to me it feels like even some armor or evasion won't do that much for me. I also try to play around her refraction charges but even if I try to break it and raze, seems like she either just has new charges or just does something else crazy and just kills me. Average bracket is HS as far as I know so probably around 3.2k. Please give as much advice that I can work on by myself as possible that doesn't rely on other people like " ask a support to gank". I can't 100% rely on my team in most cases. Thanks for the help. [link] [comments] |
| What could I have done as a Sven in the early game? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 01:07 PM PST We won but I fucked up the early game so hard. I got a dominator to stack me some ancients to compensate for the gold loss 3014551891 [link] [comments] |
| Paid coaching in Dota 2 worth it or not? any experiences of coaching for a competitive advantage? Posted: 22 Feb 2017 12:15 PM PST As the title suggests I am really interested to hear about any game coaching experiences, all responses welcome! If you wold also take the time (1-2 mins) to fill out my survey I would be very grateful, all responses will be anonymized and used for my enterprise project dissertation for university. Survey on Qualtrics: https://bristol.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5jwTSoutc74GEq9 Will post results when i have 500 replies, currently 114/500 [link] [comments] |
| World number 5 Sand King streaming offlane party ranked (5k) Posted: 22 Feb 2017 03:20 AM PST |
| Posted: 22 Feb 2017 09:57 AM PST How does Oracle's Purifying Flames work on teammates? It says at lvl4 it damages for 360 and heals for 396 which is only a net difference of 36hp. Am I missing something, or are you not supposed to heal allies with it? [link] [comments] |
| Winning with non farm intensive heroes Posted: 22 Feb 2017 09:45 AM PST So, in my bracket ~2k, I feel it is easy to win just by outfarming opponents. If i go mid with farming heroes i can consistently get 50-70 last hits and maybe sneak in a kill and snowball from there. However with heroes that cant really do jungle rotations efficiently and that dont farm fast i feel that slowly i start to lose my lvl and farm advantage. Should i just forego farming and gank with this type of heroes? (PL, DK, mirana pre aghs, monkey king, night stalker etc.) [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Learndota2. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
Post a Comment