Destiny - Daily Thread - Mentor Monday


Daily Thread - Mentor Monday

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 05:01 AM PST

Welcome to Mentor Monday! Do you have a Destiny related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/DestinyTheGame will answer it to the best of their abilities!

Be sure to read the New Players Guide, the Destiny FAQ, or use the search in the top right before submitting a question, as it could have already been answered. Also be sure to check the thread itself.

Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


Rules


  • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to Destiny once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

  • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


You can find the full Daily Thread schedule here.

submitted by /u/DTG_Bot
[link] [comments]

r/CrucibleSherpa is looking for new Moderators! More info and Apply inside!

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:01 AM PST

Hey everyone,

I run the subreddit r/CrucibleSherpa and our subreddit has enjoyed a fruitful partnership with r/DestinyTheGame over the years. The DTG mod team respect and value the contributions of the Sherpa Community and have thus agreed to help us in our search for new moderators.


What is r/CrucibleSherpa?

r/CrucibleSherpa, along with its sister subreddit r/DestinySherpa, provide a hub for skilled guardians to offer their time and Destiny skills to assist other guardians in learning and completing end game PvP and PvE activities. As you might have guessed, at CS we handle the PvP side!

CrucibleSherpa boasts a strong and positive community of Sherpas who regularly make use of the subreddit every week. Posts vary from generic lighthouse assistance to the more tailored educational experience in Private Matches. We also invite posts from the general community requesting help and assistance. Just like DTG, we have our own set of rules that promotes a structured posting environment. From time to time, moderators need to step in and help posters and commentators abide by those rules.


We want YOU to help us moderate our sub!

The CS mod team is on the hunt for some new blood. Not only are we advertising within our own community but we wanted to reach out to the wider Destiny community and tap into its vast potential and skill in our search for new staff members.

The role is primarily subreddit orientated, requiring the enforcement of our rules. You would be expected to check the subreddit regularly, keeping an eye on the moderation que for automatically flagged rule breaking posts along with checking any newly submitted posts to ensure they are indeed ship-shape!

You would also agree to an understanding of how the weekend focused nature of Trials of Osiris generates targeted busy periods on CS. We would expect you to have the free time and dedication to continue and even heighten your moderation during these periods.

This is a great opportunity for someone who is active on reddit and Destiny, looking to get their foot in the door in regards to moderating. Applications are also welcome from people with existing moderator experience who might be looking to build on their skills and expertise.

This might all sound super serious and overbearing but the existing mod team is a group of friendly people who love Destiny and manage to have a lot of laughs behind the scenes whilst keeping things running smoothly!


How to Apply

We have a application form you can fill out right here

Successful applicants will be contacted in due course after submitting their application.

If you have any questions about the role, feel free to post a comment in this thread! The CS Mod Team will be lurking to help answer any questions.


Thank you for your time! I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for r/CrucibleSherpa and what interesting and dedicated personalities we'll find amongst the applications!

Good Hunting, Guardians.

Ruley

CS Mod Team

submitted by /u/Ruley9
[link] [comments]

Kabr Found in the Paradox Mission?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 07:16 AM PST

Sorry if this is old by now, but I searched about and couldn't find anything about this. Hopefully I'm not too late to the party.

For some time now I've been feeling a bit nostalgic for Y1 so I decided to hop on my Warlock main and run through Paradox with my full VoG set of armour and weapons.

The truth is, I didn't really think anything of it; I'd long since retired any hopes of any more Vault secrets...but when I got to the Templar's Well I noticed what looked like a dead Guardian lying in plain sight down below.

Dead sure I was the only person in the fireteam, I looked closer. I immediately recognized Kabr's armour and started getting excited, and before I knew it, I just started running man.

Jokes on me though because I accidentally died (of course) and I can't seem to get him to spawn now, but I did manage to make a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU_s1WQ35Q0

submitted by /u/Sarsion
[link] [comments]

Destiny version of the GTA V "Liquor Hole" stunt jump

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 08:11 AM PST

They say don't make friends on the Internet, but they're some of the best I have.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 12:24 PM PST

Two years ago I made an lfg post for a lf3m fresh VoG run. Don't even think we got to Atheon, but the run was so much fun we all added eachother. Those guys introduced me to some of their friendslist, and then some of them shared theirs. Fast forward to the present and we've got a double digit clan roster, we've conquered gods and their sons, we've executed prisoners of the Elders, we've adapted to every crucible meta, and we've all risen to the title of Lord Guardian.

This weekend my clan planned and funded a mission called "Seize the Beast". They sent a clan mate on a three hour drive to bring me from my town to theirs and spend a weekend eating, drinking, and gaming. It was some of the most fun I've ever had, and I want to thank this game and this community for making all these relationships possible. And I want to thank Ramble, and Stygian, and Dreadlight, and the O'neils, and Liska and Lead, and Traveler for being such generous and genuine people and putting this whole thing together.

Clan picture: (I'm the guy in the middle) http://i.imgur.com/5oh9iMp.jpg

submitted by /u/chasqui3
[link] [comments]

r/DTG has ruined me for the real world...

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 07:54 AM PST

I just used the phrase "spinfoil hat" instead of telling someone to take off their "tinfoil hat".

Needless to say, he isn't a Guardian and gave me a very weird look.

submitted by /u/crimsonstrife
[link] [comments]

Towerthought: Wrath of the Machine is the only raid that takes place in our dimension

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 05:30 PM PST

Vault of Glass exists outside of time, similar to the Black Garden.

Crota's End and King's Fall take place in their respective "throne worlds", which are alternate dimensions where Crota/Oryx are supreme.

WotM however, just takes place on plain old Earth.

submitted by /u/BruteSlayer
[link] [comments]

How i exploit Nightstalker

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 05:13 AM PST

Does this count as a long Voop?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 10:40 AM PST

I was mainly surprised that I got the kill with all the damage I was taking. Been doing a lot of vooping and laugh a lot at the ridiculous range :) http://imgur.com/IDdhuXS

submitted by /u/nfgrockerdude
[link] [comments]

One of my best Shadowshot Shots in Destiny

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 05:04 AM PST

Deaf guardians are among you!

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 11:39 PM PST

I want to reiterate to everyone that deaf gamers can and do complete all aspects of DestinyTheGame. We are in Strikes, Crucible, POE, COE, VOG, CE, KF, WOTM, ToO, and everything in between. The reason for this post is help reduce audism in the community. You might not realize it, since it doesn't affect you, but audism is very prevalent among the destiny player base. We don't want you to feel sorry for us, or feel bad for kicking us when we screw up for the fourth time. What we want is to be treated like any other gamer, and we ask that you adapt the tiniest bit to help our playstyles match. I'm in the LFG community a lot (I know that's my first mistake, lol). I come across hundreds of posts like the following "Must be good or get kicked" or "3 strikes and you're out". If a complete noob messages those guys and asks for a chance they will more than likely receive it. I message with "max level hunter, I'm deaf but have x completions and know what I'm doing" x being a number higher than 60 and I won't get a response. Or, my personal favorite, "sorry, we're full" as I see their post refresh with "mic required" tacked on. Now I understand the concerns these gamers have. They want to finish quickly and as smoothly as possible. BUT when I've got twice or more the number of completions as them I at least want to be invited to shoot an add! This is why deaf gamers slide into groups and then post in the party that they are deaf but would like a chance to play. I KNOW this is not the way the community wants us to do it, plenty of other threads have established this already. Unfortunately, there comes a time where we feel like we have to appeal to bandwagon, or to everyone's sense of right and try to slide into groups like this. We do have our own networks, deaf destiny network, tier 1 deaf guardians, silent light, and many others. However, we want to be able to play with the community and learn new ways to complete things. We want a cohesive community that works together, especially now that the game is coming to an end and the amount of competent players continue to dwindle. So, what can you do to help? Help us develop a solid communication plan. One that isn't to long or requires a high level of reading comprehension (let's be real, you hearings hate to read and skim every other word, especially when you are anxious to play:). Of course, this doesn't have to be for every possible activity but a concise list of important things would help. When we play there are SO many things that we could type to you that would be beneficial. The reason I'm coming to you now is because I've run out of ideas. I even made this video that crams as much information as possible into ~2 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxei-_nxuBc What's interesting is that I will tell players to go here and they will either watch the first minute and get some of the information or they will watch none of it and claim they did. How can I make a tool for our communication if I can't get the other side to use it? Interestingly enough, the thing I've had the most success in was this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--zcSZN9lcA&t=338s I complete aksis challenge in two phases without a HUD. Now, I know that many people don't actually watch the whole video, but just telling people the video exists has increased my chances of getting into groups, a lot. I mean, I would message 60+ groups before getting into a party, minimum on a Monday when people are desperate for players, and now I'm getting into teams and at least shooting adds every 6 messages or so. Unfortunately, we can't have every deaf gamer compose a video of them completing the specific task to provide proof that its possible. So, I'm coming here hoping for fresh ideas on how we can improve our chances of getting into groups. I am fortunate enough to have the luxury to sit in orbit for hours on end messaging people as I study for Organic Chemistry, and thus I can get into more groups and get more in-game experience. My peers are better than most no-mics and new players from the get go because they invest hours into research. Before we actually set foot in any of the raids we've watched every video out there and analyzed it to see where are the safe spots, where do the adds come from, are there any spawn patterns, etc. I say this because not every deaf player can say "400 hunter with 120 kings fall completions since I last deleted all three characters, and I had another 150 before then" or "400 titan, I'm deaf but search my gamertag on youtube to see me solo this encounter". As with every large demographic there are many different types of gamers within our community. The challenge lies in breaking the wall of audism to at least get us a chance in a reasonable amount of time.

submitted by /u/M4V3R1C8
[link] [comments]

OT Trials AFK Wrecking Ball (Both Perspectives)

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 05:19 AM PST

Playing Trials the other night and my girlfriend's batteries died. Without our best player, we knew the round was lost...but then, something magical happened.

http://i.imgur.com/7oFIM6X.gifv

It's a shame our audio didn't record. I was literally whispering to her so they couldn't hear. (?)

Bonus Perspectives
http://i.imgur.com/fm062Qq.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/KeeZQuQ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/hMjcAjq.gifv

Edit I was able to add in Mblim's Gif's, and learn how to do so myself for future reference.

submitted by /u/FlexedPurrito
[link] [comments]

Why test Armsday guns from the Gunsmith? Guide for newer players on why, where, and how.

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 11:33 AM PST

https://youtu.be/C3oFEIjk7aQ

This isnt for the veteran players who have ranked up the gunsmith to lvl 100.

Just a simple video of me stumbling through why you should test his guns and rank up, for the peeps who are just starting out, or havent paid much attention to this little portion of Destiny.

submitted by /u/DarthMaddux
[link] [comments]

Global warming

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 11:44 AM PST

Ikora Rey is the reason I work out

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 08:16 AM PST

Ikora Rey is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the tower bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. She asks what I do. I say I'm a resurrected guardian of the city. She laughs. I get my drink.

"Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got her attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Ikora Rey? She touches her neck as she watches me leave.

Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, she finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette.

"Got a spare?" she asks.

"What's in it for me?" I say as I hand her one of my little white ladies. She smiles.

"Conversation with me, duh."

I laugh.

"What's so funny?" she protests.

"Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the same arbitrary missions over and over again?"

"You get used to it," she says, lighting her cigarette and handing me back the lighter.

"What would you do if you weren't a story-less NPC?" I ask. "Teaching, I think."

"And if I was your student, what would I be learning?"

"The arcane," she says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"

"Bermuda," I say.

"Oh wow. That's lovely."

"It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking."

"What could possibly be not to your liking in Bermuda?" she inquires.

"I don't like sand," I tell her. "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

submitted by /u/eternally_in_beta
[link] [comments]

Another "kinderguardian" friend initiation failure

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:41 AM PST

http://i.imgur.com/hgn6mR4.gifv

Yes, level 40, but a Christmas guardian who had never done the quest. I was both sad and proud at the same time...

submitted by /u/Drexel12
[link] [comments]

Saladbin for the Win

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:24 AM PST

We had a pretty sweaty match in ToO this weekend. Went to 4-4. There was a cluster of supers that all happened in one area. I pushed in, trying to time my slam for a double... Sadly, I failed...

But never underestimate the power of Lord Salad-bar's Vigil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl1tghsQ2_w

(At work, no imgur access. Gifv if someone would be so kind.)

Edit: Gifv Thanks to /u/Mblim771_Kyle for the Gif link!

submitted by /u/egjosu
[link] [comments]

Bad guy - 6 o'clock - shoot him!

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 10:34 AM PST

Overall, do you think Rise of Iron had a positive or negative effect on Destiny?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 01:15 AM PST

The game has become far more Casual, no way around that

The many routes to 400 for some has broken up the 'Grind' that they enjoyed from Y1 / Y2 and maybe replaced that feeling of accomplishment for some

3oC is a great idea for some, detested by others because of its easy nature but again, for a casual player it's another way to find accomplishment outside of end game

Many argue the Raid is now 'irrelevant' as you can have all of its prizes within several weeks, compared to the others which could take months at a time

Nanophoenix has sparked heated debates but Y1 players will remember when MANY items were of this rarity, not to mention Exotics few and far between

Some argue that they like 'Direction' and a progressive reward system so you know there's light at the end of the tunnel

So my question is, what does the overall community think? Casual, Hardcore, returning player or just being new, how is your current Destiny experience compared?

Has the lack of Grind really crippled the game? Or empowered it to more players?

Edit - Few things I've listed are more TTK than RoI but I'm asking for an overall view of it. RoI and it's content made the game much more casual with its highly rewarding systems compared to previous

submitted by /u/LookAtMyPartyDisco
[link] [comments]

Can the "Raiding Party" achievement still be unlocked in Prison of Elders?

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 06:35 AM PST

I see older posts talking about people getting it when it was still level 32 but I'm curious if anyone has done it recently with the level 41 version?

submitted by /u/ThelVluffin
[link] [comments]

My Warlock Floofed a Little Too Hard

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 10:58 AM PST

I swear these boots have a foot of rubber on them or something...

http://i.imgur.com/7rr5lV3.gifv

submitted by /u/supercool898
[link] [comments]

Undying Mind Special Ammo Crate - Teasing Guardians Since Year 1

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 07:44 AM PST

Anyone else feel like this special ammo crate is sat up there all smug, looking down and laughing at us farming Imago Loops?

http://imgur.com/FS2wZ2L

http://imgur.com/o8HQe8w

For those who don't know, there's an invisible barrier that stops you from getting to it, but the special ammo crate still spawns up there from time to time.

submitted by /u/SonnySoul
[link] [comments]

Crucible Highlights

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 10:54 AM PST

Aloha! Check out my video I made, just stared to learn how to edit. Any tips or suggestion? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePoO16sAups

submitted by /u/drescalante
[link] [comments]

So I made a new account after 1500 hours on my original one. THIS Community is awesome!

Posted: 06 Feb 2017 09:40 AM PST

I made a new account on Monday last week. Here we are a week later and I have a 389 Hunter Already. I used the spark to get to level 25, and power leveled the rest, playing about 3-4 hours a day after work. This has made me play all the old stories and have to ask for help from randoms etc. I got taken through a NF at 355. Normal Raid at 348-355. Hard raid AND axis challenge at 376-382!!! Only died three times and it was probably the hardest raid I have ever done.

Crucible has been CRAZY hard as I have none of the good weapons. Been using a grasp with exhumed and some other crap perks lol.

So if you need a spark (no pun intended) I suggest you make a new account and start over. Its been awesome to be honest. Will Spend tonight grinding out the raze lighter quest and getting the still piercer!

TL:DR Start over if you have 1000s of hours in like me. It made me love the game again. I am on ps4 and will be glad to return the favor and help folks out

submitted by /u/HS_MM
[link] [comments]

Towerthought: Alak Hul is the only strike boss with a melee weapon, but he does less melee damage than all the rest.

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 08:30 PM PST

These days, I usually kill Alak Hul with a sword. If you dance around behind his back before swings his axe, you can dodge nearly all the damage. Try that with any other big boss. They stomp their foot and it's an instakill. Probably one of the most disappointing things about this game -- you kill all the strike bosses the exact same way.

submitted by /u/Loramarthalas
[link] [comments]

Friend of mine asked if this game would suck him in because he can't be pulled into a new game..

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 06:21 PM PST

Preface: Friend of mine from out of town is staying with me for a week while he does training in my town for his new job.

I told him that it's not really that addictive at all, and that it's pretty easy to just walk away from it if it makes you upset or you get bored.

He then said "I feel like you're saying that with a sense of sarcasm and that you're lying.... how many hours do you have into it?"

"Well, to be fair I did give it up for a while because there was a lapse in content, but I don't have that many hours into it. If you count my PS4 account only, I'd say about 8 or 900. And I haven't touched my xbox account in a while, but last time I checked that one was around 300 hours or so."

He stared at me and then laughed and said something that I'm glad I got to hear: "So can I play on your xbox account while I stay here to kill some time?"

I'm 100% confident that I'll suck him into this game and I can't wait.

submitted by /u/citrus_monkeybutts
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.