CSGO Daily Report #2 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update for 7/15/16

CSGO News

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update for 7/15/16 (1.35.4.2)

Operation Wildfire

  • Operation Wildfire has come to a close.
  • The Operation Wildfire case is available for all players.

Misc

  • Added ESL One Cologne 2016 tournament finalists and champions to the Major Trophy.

Sound

  • Increased fidelity for Bizon, Mac10 and UMP45 weapons.
  • Unique reload and draw sounds for Bizon, Mac10 and UMP45 weapons.
  • New sound for C4 disarm start and disarm finish, more in line with C4 plant sounds.
  • New sound for empty magazine impacting with ground.
  • Lowered volume of low ammo sound and added unique sound.
  • Lowered volume of smoke grenade tail.

Maps

  • Cache
  • Added graffiti to commemorate ESL One Cologne 2016.

Mac/Linux

  • Fixed maps that use Squirrel scripting, including the Weapons Course map.
  • Fixed a Linux memory leak.

IN THE CROSSFIRE: DUSTIN “DUST” MOURET

Dustin “dusT” Mouret is an analyst and game commentator from North America. He is mostly known for his YouTube vlogs on esports and his talk-show “The Hype” where he sits down with esports personalities to discuss various relevant topics.

ELEAGUE/Turner: Decision to disqualify SK was made days before letter from teams was received

ELEAGUE executives decided to disqualify SK Gaming days before they received a letter from teams about the situation, Turner executive vice president Craig Barry told Dot Esports in the company's first public statement on the issue.
Link

Brazilian channel reaches 8.5 million TV viewers in E-League.


THE START OF IT ALL: SKIN GAMBLING

The History of Skin Gambling: "You win the match? Maybe one guy says good job. Lose the match? People tell me to kill myself on twitch and twitter." -RobWiz

Team Liquid and SK Gaming at IEM Oakland and schudule for IEM Oakland

The two grand finalists of the ESL One Cologne 2016 Major are coming to IEM this November for an epic rematch.

Starix explains Na`Vi’s performance at ESL One Cologne

We interviewed our CS:GO coach, UkraineSergey 'starix' Ishchuk, at the end of Natus Vincere’s adventure at ESL One Cologne 2016, where our team achieved a top 8 placement after an unsuccessful Bo3 against Team Liquid in the quarterfinals. Sergey shared with our reporter Andrey “Kimi” Kvasnevskiy his impressions on the tournament and the reasoning behind Na`Vi’s performance, the lack of training in some maps being the main issue. Check out the video interview in Russian and the complete transcription in English below!
Link

ESL say they were aware of scheduling conflict surrounding CS:GO Pro League Season 4 Finale

Following the news that the CS:GO Pro League Season 4 Finale dates would conflict with the Brazilian election, ESL has made a statement saying that they knew of the issue beforehand and will not be changing its dates.
Link

CSGO  Community

TACO is being interviewed by a Brazilian streamer right now. Here are some bits from the interview, translated. - by  ppach

Link to the stream: http://www.azubu.tv/MELAO13
TACO started playing CS in 2014. Beforehand, he had mostly played MMOs.
They were invited to Luminosity 3 days prior to the trip to Sweden.
Before their first game as a team, they had literally never practiced together. TACO and Cold have a history playing together, so Cold taught him the strats on the flight to Sweden... on paint.
The streamer points out that their first ever BO3 win against a big team, Envy, started their decline.
" Nowadays, we have no tactics. At most we have 3 simple tactics on T side. We have very set positions, and we know our role very well. We're very good at recognizing patterns and I think we're the best team in the world at playing in pairs. "
Says the team is very good at recognizing enemy patterns and exploiting them.
" For me to perform my role, I can't care about statistics. Each and every one of us know every role on the map - Why am I standing on B plat on Cbble? Why am I holding drop the way I am right now? "
One of the reasons the LG with TACO and fnx was so superior to the older incarnations of the team is the lack of micromanagement from Fallen.
" Our first Major win (MLG Columbus), we actually didn't train very well. The quality of the training wasn't very good due to the quality of the teams we were practicing against (they practiced in NA). We feel like we're actually teaching them more than we're learning. "
" For this Major, the quality of the practice was amazing. SK provided us the best training conditions we could hope for "
"Do you think there's an asterisk on your MLG Columbus win?" - Streamer " I mean, we can't do anything about it.Fer has a hearing deficit, he can only hear 30% on his left ear. We could've used that as an excuse, but we didn't. "TACO says he actually misses quite a few things because of it.
" We haven't won a BO3 against Fnatic, no. But since IEM Katowice, we've reached the finals of pretty much every tourney we've been in (except Malmo), and they haven't. So people can't discount us "
They had a week long bootcamp before DH Malmo. They practiced Cache a lot, but the whole bootcamp was absolutely dogshit and they didn't get anything from it.
" We can't take anything away from TyLoo though, they played super well."
He thinks the problem with DH Malmo was them not being relaxed enough. They went straight from the Major to Sweden to bootcamp.
" How was it to face Tempo in the finals? " - "It was absolutely amazing. We tried it really hard to make it a Brazilian final. Up until the final, we were their number one team. But once we got into the server, it didn't matter that they were our friends - we played them as seriously as we'd play against Na'vi or Fnatic. "
" We didn't practice well for ECS either, to be honest. A lot of the teams were cancelling scrims (because of Valve making the player intro videos for the Major). But G2 absolutely destroyed us, they were on another level."
" Against Liquid, I think the pressure got to them. "
" How did you step up so hard on this Major? " - " Confidence. I trained very well, and my teammates really hyped me up before our bootcamp started. I learned a lot about my function, about my CT side especially. I never stopped trying to learn, even when we were crowned the best team in the world. "
" Did the community critics ever get to you? " - " Absolutely. On the first 3 championships that we played, I received death threats. My mom received death threats. But my teammates and Dead (Manager) pulled me through, and I legitimately believe they're some of the most knowleadgeable players in the world. "
" They told me that there is no way they could win if I didn't perform my function, and I took that to heart ".
" How many days before MLG Columbus did you guys sign with SK? " - " 3 days, I think "
They were paid US$ 1.500 / month by LG.
" What happened post MLG, regarding the LG organization? " - " When we were first signed by LG, the conditions were fine for the team that we were. But after we started doing well, we got absolutely ridiculous offers. We still wanted to play with LG though, but it was hard to ignore the offers that were coming in. "
" We actually weren't locked with SK post major. We were only locked with SK when the SK org and Steve shook hands, like 3 weeks ago. Everyone was definitely happy with the deal though."
There was a buyout, but he won't disclose values.
" Money doesn't drive us. It's not the motivating factor.".
Says sometimes they don't even know how much the first prize was. Their parents deal with the money.
" We always talk about focus. We train as if we've never won anything. If I feel like our team has lost our drive to win, I'll leave. "
" We're trying really hard to change the international perspective about the scenario in Brazil."
Their dream is to be able to play CS:GO professionally in Brazil.
Still not happy about the ELEAGUE situation. SK communicated with ELEAGUE beforehand, and ELEAGUE never stated they would do anything remotely close to what they did (as a matter of fact, they encouraged it). *** ELEAGUE asked if they would play with the spot that SK held (Last chance qualifier). They accepted it, communicated with ELEAGUE and ELEAGUE gave the ok.**
They found out they were kicked from ELEAGUE after the FaZe game in the tournament.
Most of TACO's frustration stems from how the situation was handled. If the organization maintains the spot, then they should've been able to play in the LCQ.
Cold started playing CS 5 years ago.
They're going to Brazil next week.
TACO thinks their next championship is in China.
They all really wanted to face Fnatic in the finals.
Fan submitted questions
" Are you going to enjoy beating C9, Liquid, CLG because of the ELEAGUE situation?
" I mean, its not the players fault. I guess, but it doesn't really change much."
" During some matches on the Major, Cold would AWP over Fallen. Why is that? "
" Strategy. We know teams' patterns, and Cold is more aggressive so we'd rather play him on certain positions over Fallen. "
" Who's the biggest "bad boy" (marrento) and who's the nicest guy in the CS community?"
" Krimz, even though he's a really nice guy. Shox and Smithzz are the nicest guys though, we have a really good relationship and always have fun on lans"
" Do you thik there's doping going on in CS? "
We actually had to do an anti-doping exam after the Cologne finals. It was me and S1mple in a little room (giggles)
" Do you think the lack of titles for NA teams will lead to the scene's death? "
No, not really. The NA orgs are so big and wealthy, as long as there's a market for esports they'll exist. If you're the best in NA, thats more than enough for NA orgs it seems. It leads to a lot fo investment, which in the end is what this comes down to.
" Do orgs do anything regarding health issues (think Olof, Guardian) ?"
Hmm, not really. Nothing really changed between LG and SK, but I know that in the Immortals org the players have a nutritionist and a personal trainer. Actually when Immortals were in Sweden, Dead (manager) got a message form the org saying that Boltz and Shoowtime were caught. He freaked out thinking that they were caught for something else - in the end, they were caught eating burguers and drinking coke.
"Are you the best entry fragger in the world? "
The best? I don't think so. I think Apex is the best entry fragger in the world right now. I'm one of the best though.
" Do you think it's worth it to invest in a CSGO career right now? "
Maybe. But you absolutely need the correct mindset, and you need to absolutely dedicate yourself to it.
" Biggest difficulty you faced when you started playing CS?"
When I started playing, I had absolutely no money. I was in university when I started playing, and if my PC broke, I'd ask my mom if she could buy one and she would, even though she didn't have the money for it. But it was really hard to play having no money, at the beginning. I'd have to travel on my own money, and if I won a championship the prizepool wouldn't even cover my plane ticket. "
" What do you think about the constant cheating accusations by other people?"
If anyone in our team cheated, we'd know. Organizations holding championships are very thorough with their equipment checking too, so to think we're cheating is just wrong.
" What do you think of WinOut? "
I think they're going to do well. They're really experienced and have what it takes to be a good team.

Bryce Blum (esportslaw) Op Ed on Valve's recent ruling and the future of CSGO skin gambling - by  esportslaw

Hey All,
Here is a link to the article I wrote yesterday on Valve's recent decision regarding skin gambling sites.
Someone posted a link to this yesterday, but it got spammed filtered because there have been so many posts about gambling recently. I'm doing this as a text post to hopefully avoid that issue (I also got mod permission for the re-post), and to say I'll be coming back to the thread a few times today to respond to comments/questions.
Lastly, because I know a bunch of people will ask for one, here is a TL;DR for the article: I think Valve's ruling has been largely misunderstood. While I certainly hope this marks the end of unregulated, unlicensed skin gambling, Valve's focus on API misuse leaves room for these types of sites to continue to operate. I'm also worried that we ultimately might go too far. I think gambling - skin gambling in particular - can be a good thing for the industry so long as it is managed by licensed, regulated, and responsible operators.

I have finally ascended into a real fps!

I have finally switched from cod after over 6 years (mw2 was my first). I started playing cod when I was 9, and just always played on console. When I was 13, I built my first pc. I knew that console gaming was inferior, but I just was never into csgo. However, after shit cod after shit cod, and activision fucking over their customers, I have finally gotten fed up. I've stopped playing it.
After seeing a video of csgo, I had the urge to play. I started playing, and it was soooo refreshing. Here, I thought I was going to switch to battlefield 1. Now I know where I am really going.
All of the things that make this game take skill make sense and really can differentiate a good player from a bad player. A bad cod player will always have a chance of killing a good cod player. However, a silver versus mge+ will most likely have no kills in a 1v1
The spray patterns, the mouse factor, the flashes (which are completely different from cod flashes), the smokes (which are 1 million times more effective and useful than in cod), and the buying system add so much more of a skill gap.
Despite being awful and currently being a silver 2 (but that is after 6 games of being ranked... I was at silver 1 for 4 games), I still play multiple games a day and am watching tons of videos on it.
I have so much more of an appreciation for this game and the community, and the competitive seen is actually not only worth giving a damn for, but fun to watch!

CSGO  Highlights

Gifs and Pic

All CSGO Knife fights
Can I borrow that AK?
Today I realized the CS logo is based on the Half-Life logo
Credit to Valve Prime MM is good!
Lucky wallbang
ELEAGUE playoff bracket
The New UMP, MAC10, and Bizon Sounds
Why we don't have chocolate in the office...
YNk in 2013 playing for Refuse
Today I found the secret to using the Dual Berettas
Player name checks out
Major bug with the new bomb-drop sounds. Sometimes it doesn't play at all, and other times the old one is played
I acted like a cat when he scared me.

Videos

Powered by Blogger.