Fallout - New Vegas did Super Mutants so much better


New Vegas did Super Mutants so much better

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 04:15 AM PDT

Fallout 1 and 2 and the lore surrounding them shows the complexity of the Super Mutants, which was expanded in New Vegas with both Black Mountain and Jacobstown. The class warfare between 1st and 2nd gens, as well as Nightkin, is really interesting and it plays a big part in the storyline for both those locations in the Mojave! Whereas in 3 and 4, almost all Super Mutants seem to be the stupid 'dum dums' - as Tabitha calls them - 2nd gens who attack humans on sight and with no dialogue or any kind of storyline is virtually impossible. There are, of course, exceptions, but they are rare exceptions to the rule and there is nothing like the complex issues the Super Mutants face and the storylines and quests inherent in that societal struggle, both against humans and between each other.

All of the games have their pros and cons, but regardless of your personal favourite, I think it's undeniable that NV approaches Super Mutants the best, rather than just as a tool to amp up the violence and danger of the respective wastelands.

Just my opinion, although I did read a few comments with similar views on a few Oxhorn videos about Super Mutants, and I wondered if others felt the same!

submitted by /u/t_m_k22
[link] [comments]

Does anybody else feel like the main character of fallout 4 adapted too fast?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 11:34 AM PDT

I'm going with Nate for this since he makes more sense than nora since he was in the army and she was a lawyer.

He sees a nuke go off,
gets frozen,
sees his wife killed,
child stolen,
fights giant bugs,
sees nothing but his home in ruins,
find out its 200 years in the future,
fights more giant bugs,
goes to town, has to kill several raiders and pick up a LAZER weapon,
and then fights a death claw in the same day to him.

I know Nate killed people since he was in the army or something but he adapted way too fast to the new world.

submitted by /u/GageTheFighter
[link] [comments]

[Spider-Man spoilers]Spider-Man PS4 made me wanna replay Fallout 3 because of a certain song.

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 06:34 AM PDT

In Doc Ock's lab there's a radio that if you turn it on "Let's Go Sunnin" plays in full. Fuck I miss exploring the Capital Wasteland singing along to the songs.

submitted by /u/TheHeroicOnion
[link] [comments]

Easter egg in regards to Pickman in FO4

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 10:50 AM PDT

Maybe this is common knowledge by now but I just realized that Pickman's Model is a H.P Lovecraft novel about a Boston artist that has a fearful secret. Interestingly Lovecraft positions many of his stories in the New England / Boston area and it mirrors what we find about Pickmans House in FO4.

Pretty interesting easter egg.

submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_3_WISHES
[link] [comments]

I'm playing through the first Fallout rn, and holy fuck I didn't give it enough credit

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 12:43 PM PDT

I've owned Fallout 1 for a while and I tried to start it a couple times, but the strategy and pacing of it never really held my attention. It just seemed too old to me.

I'm trying it for the third time around now and wow, what a fucking game. I'm not sure what happened between my previous endeavors and this time, but I'm really fucking with this game.

The shear amount of options, stories, and quests are amazing in a way that the FPS Fallouts are lacking in IMO. What I'm learning to love the most is the "you're fucked" attitude the whole game has. You are truly on your own, especially in the beginning. There's no crutches or anything, you can only build yourself up and hope.

I mean shit, the second quest I came across was to kill the deathclaws for the GR's. The deathclaws in this game make the FPS deathclaws look like stuffed animals, and it's fucking awesome.

The scenery is especially awesome when you consider that this is a mid-90s game. It really puts some of the early 3D games to shame, even on the PS1. How some of the settings are put together with such limited software is really beyond me.

Anyway that's my spiel.

submitted by /u/mob19151
[link] [comments]

How would you guys feel if 76 had Big Iron in it?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 02:04 PM PDT

Bottom Text

submitted by /u/Salmon227
[link] [comments]

So , Now i have played Fallout New Vegas , 4 , and 3 , Here is my opinion.

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 05:46 AM PDT

I enjoyed Fallout 4s Story The most . Fallout New Vegas the second and Fallout 3 was a little Meh!

But i noticed a difference between these games. You can do Whatever the hell you wanna do in NV and 3 . but in fallout 4 you simply cant . I wish i could shoot ole Preston the first of the game . I tried but he is essential and im Like : wtf tho

But in New Vegas i killed caeser and all of his recruits. Fallout 4 is like and FPS with RPG elements and Fallout 3 and NV are RPGs with FPS elements . but the thing i really missed in NV and 3 , was settlement building and weapon mods that you could make yourself . The Things is i was over the moon when i found Economy wonderglue in Fallout 4 but idgaf about them in 3 and NV . But all of these are imo of course . Which one do you guys like the most?

submitted by /u/ariaboi
[link] [comments]

Will the fallout radio stations give you a copyright strike on youtube?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 02:11 PM PDT

Title sums it up

submitted by /u/monkpuzz
[link] [comments]

Anybody else just absolutely jacked for fallout 76?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 12:56 PM PDT

Love fallout been playing since fallout 3 came out love the lore love the gameplay and I just cannot wait to play it with some pals

submitted by /u/TDonDon
[link] [comments]

Question about terminals and the Pip-Boy

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 03:13 PM PDT

How the heck do we have cursors if there're no mice

submitted by /u/EATucci
[link] [comments]

Fallout new vegas randomly crashes/minimizes every 5 minutes

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 12:24 PM PDT

I own it on steam, how do I fix this?

submitted by /u/Chesssx
[link] [comments]

Playing Dead Money for the first time, any pointers?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 06:18 AM PDT

Fallout themed LARP/Airsoft event in the Wisconsin area

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 01:00 PM PDT

The event called Big Iron is being held north of Madison at the paintball field called apocalypse paintball. The event will be October 6-7. For more information check out the link to the event page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1614464931970807/?ti=cl

Hope to see you there if you can make it.

submitted by /u/Roe_Two
[link] [comments]

Tunnel Snakes Rule (Fallout Fanart)

Posted: 07 Sep 2018 09:16 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/Dj1G8my (1440x1920)

A little throwback to Fallout 3 and 4, after seeing all these recent 76 news and feeling nostalgic. I'm not sure if posting fanart on this sub is allowed or not; if not then please just let me know and I'll promptly remove it. Thanks and hope you like it!

submitted by /u/samwukong
[link] [comments]

Afro-Eurasia in Fo4 (Any ideas?)

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 10:33 AM PDT

While playing Fo4 I picked up a clean globe in the institute and started spinning it. Eventually I took a look at Europe and I noticed something weird, the Black Mediterranean and Baltic seas were missing. At first I thought it was just a mistake but later I noticed that every version of the globe junk item also had said missing seas, Even the TV at Nate and Nora's home showed a map that had the same problem. And I'm wondering if this could add some interesting lore aspect to the game. Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/BenceZence
[link] [comments]

Anyone with a permanently negative perception glitch in FO4?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 01:46 PM PDT

I'm seriously stressed out now. Realised deep into play that I've been playing with negative perception for a solid 60 levels.. I've taken my time with this play through so I can make less excited and more calculated decisions relating to quests and fractions and wanted to explore the map inch by inch.. looking back at my old saves I saw that I got the glitch at level 27.. and no decent saves in between.. I tried orange mentats, levelling up perception, poisoners armour and re-crippling my head.. anyone with an actual solution before I snap? I managed to make it worse.. but never better.. Not playing survival btw

submitted by /u/nuka_cola_squish
[link] [comments]

(Spoilers FO4) How are there entries from 1968 in Jack Cabot's terminal if Robco was founded in 2042?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 05:07 AM PDT

Is it just the writer messed up or am I misunderstanding something? It's not like he's entering his notes from 1968 into the terminal. He talks about "logging in" and "username" in one of the 1968 entries.

Edit: as Arakasi_R3 mentioned apparently OS like Fenestra and Wyndoze existed way before RobCo Termlink Protocol

submitted by /u/Delareh
[link] [comments]

Why does SONY limit mods on fallout 4 so much?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 12:15 PM PDT

I'm on xbox, and I was telling my friend about this cool mod that he should get and when I went over his house they didn't even have it because of that shitty "no new asset" rule

submitted by /u/heretic01
[link] [comments]

Where's a good place to set up a detective office?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 06:06 AM PDT

Hey guys/guyettes. My recent fallout 4 build has been that of a sort of noir detective. It's been pretty fun, I treat most quests like a case to be solved and it's cool. Anyway, I was trying to find a good place to set up my office, as I've been living in my ramshackle destroyed by the bombs home in Sanctuary for most of my playthrough. My ideal place would be the boathouse spot with all the blood flies, but the roof is broken and I can't seem to place anything on the floor. If I could find a spot like that, a big house sorta building that was in okay shape, that's where I want to set up shop. Any one know of a place like that?

submitted by /u/cairnschaos
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 quest that allegedly hints at Fallout 5 location

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 03:46 PM PDT

I saw awhile back someone noting the similarities between the otherwise-out-of-place synth quest in Fallout 3 and another quest in Fallout 4, chiefly that the Fallout 3 quest seemed in retrospect to be a hint at Fallout 4's inevitable location. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember the name of the Fallout 4 quest or what the location it supposedly suggested was. Anyone able to clear it up for me?

submitted by /u/The_Fad
[link] [comments]

For the people who have done a Fallout 88 build how did you work around the absolutely craptastic building system?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 03:36 PM PDT

All of those who are present and accounted for know that the building system in Fallout 4 is an absolute joke. However in my experience the one for Vault 88 is especially horrible. Parks don't link up right, they're missing sections of floors for various rooms, and it's just a general pain in the ass. How did you guys work around this problem?

submitted by /u/ADubiousGenius
[link] [comments]

Any recommendations on headset for Fallout 76 on PC?

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 02:54 PM PDT

Hey all, I just finished putting together my first pc build and I'm hyped to play Fallout 76 soon, only thing is I have no headset, anyone got any suggestions?

submitted by /u/KingSBC
[link] [comments]

Insects in the Fallout series

Posted: 08 Sep 2018 02:41 PM PDT

How would you guys feel if there were insects like the butterflies, dragonflies, and fireflies in Skyrim? I would really enjoy a system where they exist just for immersion solely. It's unrealistic for there to just be those flies around corpses. Also, I'm pretty sure those flies aren't even made using the same technology as the bugs in Skyrim.

Anyway, an example of where this could be really cool would be moths appearing around where mothman would appear in 76. Albeit this is a little extra and unlikely, it would be a cool thing.

If you would enjoy for their to be insects again please post ideas.

submitted by /u/Salmon227
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.