Overwatch - Weekly Trash Talk Thread - August 20, 2018


Weekly Trash Talk Thread - August 20, 2018

Posted: 19 Aug 2018 10:07 PM PDT

HERE YOU CAN GET RID OF ALL YOUR ANGER AND HATE.

CAPS ON AND LET IT ALL OUT.

JUST GET YOUR THIRD LUCIO PLAYER ICON DUPLICATE? GETTING PERMANENTLY KILLED BY THE MOST OP CHARACTER IN THE GAME? THERE'S TOO MUCH JUSTICE THAT RAINS FROM ABOVE? THIS IS THE RIGHT THREAD!

PLEASE STILL BE CIVIL, AT LEAST A LITTLE!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Overwatch League Rosterpocalypse 2018 [Megathread]

Posted: 01 Aug 2018 06:55 AM PDT

See stickied comment for notes about this thread.

Table of Contents

  • Important Dates
  • Confirmed Roster Changes (Additions / Departures / Extensions)
  • Confirmed Coaching Changes (Additions / Departures)
  • New to Season 2
  • References

Important Dates

August 1st: Signing window opens for teams to negotiate extensions with current players or to sign players from their affiliated Contenders team. Teams may also begin making player trades.

September 8th: Inaugural-season agreements officially end. Any players not under contract become free agents.

September 9th - October 7th: Exclusive window for Overwatch League expansion teams to sign free agents.

October 8th: Free-agent signing window opens for all teams.

December 1st: All teams must have a minimum of eight players under contract.

Confirmed Roster Changes

Teams Additions Departures Extensions Additional Notes
Atlanta
Boston Uprising
Dallas Fuel Seagull1
Florida Mayhem
Guangzhou
Houston Outlaws
London Spitfire TiZi2 , WooHyaL2 , Hooreg2 , HaGoPeun2
Los Angeles Gladiators Fissure3
Los Angeles Valiant
New York Excelsior
Philadelphia Fusion
San Francisco Shock
Seoul Dynasty Fissure3
Shanghai Dragons

1 Brandon "Seagull" Larned Retiring from Professional Overwatch (Thread)

2 London Spitfire Release Quartet

3 Gladiators Transfer Fissure to Seoul

Confirmed Coaching Changes

Teams Additions Departures Additional Notes
Atlanta
Boston Uprising Jie (Manager)
Dallas Fuel Jaynea (Assistant Coach), Tikateea (Assistant Coach) Peakb (Head Coach)
Florida Mayhem
Guangzhou
Houston Outlaws
London Spitfire Changgf
Los Angeles Gladiators
Los Angeles Valiant
New York Excelsior
Philadelphia Fusion
San Francisco Shock
Seoul Dynasty Lee Ho-chuld nuGgetc , Bubblyc, Alwaysoovc
Shanghai Dragons

a Dallas Fuel Bolsters Overwatch Coaching Staff

b We'd also like to thank @GosuPeak for his time with us...

c @SeoulDynasty: We at #SeoulDynasty would like to thank nuGget, Bubbly, & Alwaysoov for their services during the season.

d Seoul Dynasty promoted as coach Lee Ho-cheol, comprehensive reorganization

e Ji leaves as Boston Manager

f London Spitfire and Coach Changg Part Ways

New to Season 2

Two-Way Players

For the 2019 Overwatch League season, teams and players may negotiate the right to designate the player as eligible to compete in Contenders on an affiliated team. Any player on the roster may agree to be eligible for Contenders play, but a maximum of four players may be designated as "two-way" players during each Overwatch League stage, and those players must be identified and submitted to the League Office prior to each stage.

References

Official | Liquipedia | Over.gg | GosuGamers

So You Wanna Build a New Roster (overwatchleague.com)

Player Signings, Salaries, and More in the Overwatch League (overwatchleague.com)

submitted by /u/SpriteGuy_000
[link] [comments]

An all-new animated short premieres this Wednesday,

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 06:01 AM PDT

Finally, I got to live out my dream of being nanoed as Ana

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 10:23 AM PDT

Mystery heroes, Junkertown defense, me and the other poor soul who rolled Ana cower in a narrow stairway, the grunting of a 7 ft Nigerian man growing ever closer. I somehow sleep him before he gives us a fisting our aging bodies would not survive, and that is when I hear it.

You're powered up, get in there.

Finally, I could live out my steroid enhanced dreams outside the realms of FFA. It didn't matter that my nade was on cooldown, I was going to shoot as many juiced up purple syringes into this man before going out in a blaze of glory.

(In retrospect she probably nanoed me to use her ult before she died but I like to think that she also believed in me, just a little).

So I shoot him. Doomfist wakes up. I prepare my asshole for entry. But then I hear the sound of another sleep, and by god my granny in arms had done it, she'd slept him yet again. By some blessing of Jeff I get my ult at this exact moment, and I knew the only right thing to do was to return the favor I had been given. And thus, by burning through two ults and all of our abilities, we were able to take down 1 (one) Doomfist.

We then died to the five other players on the red team and lost the game. But it's ok, that one moment of sweet tag team victory was enough.

submitted by /u/tunjatjeta
[link] [comments]

Remember when these were hip and cool

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 04:14 AM PDT

I was chilling in a "friendly voiceimpression" custom game and a guy joined who could do the best soldier voice impression that rivaled soldier himself

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 12:53 PM PDT

"Oh boy, POTG! I bet it was that 4k I.....got...."

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 10:11 AM PDT

I totally meant to do that

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 06:58 AM PDT

Lucioball has its issues, but sometimes it all works perfectly.

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 08:38 AM PDT

Respect to all the Zenyatta players watching out for their team

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 04:14 AM PDT

Summer Games 2018 Developer Update

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 10:57 AM PDT

Pit Lord Orisa Skin Concept

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 10:03 AM PDT

Am I the only one who thinks a pre-crisis Junkrat and Roadhog would make for some incredible skins?

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 08:38 AM PDT

Jamison Fawkes and Mako Rutledge dressed for their day jobs before the Omnic Crisis could give us some cool lore and cosmetics.

submitted by /u/notgoodtaz
[link] [comments]

In today's POTG: I have peaked as Torb

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 09:28 AM PDT

Blizzard considers self-critique and self-mockery to be toxic

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 01:22 PM PDT

So, today I got a warning for "abusive chat" in the game. Out of curiosity, I contacted Blizzard by appealing a silence on their website (as this is the only way to get them to give you examples from the chatlog - note, I wasn't silenced, only received a warning).

When I asked them on how exactly have I been toxic, the examples they provided me with were about self-mockery, such as "I'm playing like crap today" or "If there was a gold medal in deaths, I'd definitely have it", etc. things where I made fun of myself for playing poorly.

None of the examples provided were chat messages that could have been targeted at other players.

After asking the Blizzard GM about "how exactly is it toxic, if I'm making fun of myself or mocking my own performance?", they replied with the following:

"While it may be all in good nature, this is what our community deems as toxic behavior. You should refrain from using flaming of any kind in the chat, whether it's targeted at another player, or towards yourself".

Now, I have to wonder... How much more of a safe spacey crap can this game get? Are groups and playing with friends honestly the ONLY ways one can make any comment in the game, even if only about themselves, without having to fear the banhammer? This is ridiculous.

European Blizzard GM, btw... While I believe that an American would have replied by using their own heads, I don't think that their bot-like way of handling this "issue" would have been any different.

So, how to avoid warnings and bans for "abusive chat" in Overwatch?

Here's what you'll have to do:

  • 1: Disable team chat

  • 2: Disable match chat

  • 3: Disable all chats, including voice

  • 4: Play only with friends and use Discord, TS, etc. instead, because apparently this game's players are sensitive even to your own self-mockery.

EDIT

Since you keep asking for this: https://imgur.com/a/CZ1xmN6

Here's a copypasta of what I replied to another user already:

I don't see the point in posting screenshots of these conversations with a Blizzard GM. People who are absolute Blizzard fanboys will just claim that it's fake, photoshop, etc. And if one browses my post history on Reddit, they can see that I have posted edited videos, with mimicked POTG graphics (Duo POTG video, etc.), so obviously I have Photoshop.

I'm not gonna give my e-mail/battle.net password to the public, so they can see the messages themselves on my account. And Blizzard will not reply to inquiries about tickets, penalties, etc. regarding other players, because they consider those things private.

It's a lose-lose situation for me. HOW is a screenshot gonna help me there?

All I wanted to do, was let people that read these things here to know that these kind of a self-mocking comments in the chat are considered toxic by Blizzard too. Why would I otherwise care about posting about this, other than to let the community know, that this is a thing?

I have nothing to gain by doing this. If you're being defensive over this and cannot view Blizzard in a critiquing manner and admit that some of their practices, decisions, etc. have been really dumb in the past, then go continue playing without a worry and don't come crying when these can possibly happen to you too.

EDIT 2 I was informed that leaving the Blizzard game master's name visible in the screenshot can be considered as a start of a witch hunt or so. Because of this, I've now censored their names, so there shouldn't be any trouble.

submitted by /u/WildHogTV
[link] [comments]

Fissure has left the Gladiators and is going to Seoul Dynasty!

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 06:04 PM PDT

They told me it was badass because I didn't look at the explosion. I was just trying to not die.

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 02:50 PM PDT

yeeting a mini nuke into red team

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 03:33 PM PDT

I wanna hammer the birdie and.. Oh.. that just happened..

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 07:55 AM PDT

The Granny Code: Rules for Playing Ana in Deathmatch

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 10:17 AM PDT

  1. Say "hello" first. Those who show respect will be given respect in return.
  2. Sleeps and nades only. Do not kill unless under threat of death (or annoyed).
  3. Even those who have shown respect can be slept during their ult.
  4. Do not harm other Anas. If other Ana does not follow the code, that's their burden to bear.
  5. If you see someone fighting a Brigitte, it is your duty to throw a nade on that Brig to even the fight.
  6. When ult is available, it is only to be used in conjunction with emotes. Sleep, ult, emote (my personal favorite is Nano Candy). This is to assert dominance.
submitted by /u/shacoby
[link] [comments]

The fact that a player can be chat-muted and still queue for competitive is an absolute joke.

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 01:41 AM PDT

Like, how is this still a thing? If a player is too toxic for chat, maybe you should, I don't know, gate them from comp? Having a muted player just puts everyone in the team at a disadvantage, it's not fair at all to just automatically be down 1 player in a game where communication is critical, especially as you climb in the ranks.

Additionally, out of the several chat-banned players I've seen, I've only ever seen one that wasn't toxic to the team / actually tried to cooperate.

The current system is just clearly flawed and I don't think for competitive a chat-banned player should be allowed to play the mode.

EDIT: Okay so this post blew up a lot, and I'm getting a lot of responses that I can't individually reply to. So I just kinda want to talk about a couple of the things I've been seeing. I see a lot of people say "oh i guess you can't queue for comp if you don't have a mic" and firstly, you can still at least type in chat. It's not much during a game, but say during the pre-game it's a lot easier to talk about what comps you want to run, what you think the enemy will run, etc etc and you can't do any of that with a muted player.

Also, communication isn't 100% mandatory. You're not wrong about that. I've seen plenty of games where the best player on the team has had chat muted, and other things of the like. I didn't want to try to state that, a lot of people think that's what I'm trying to say here. I'm just saying it is objectively an unfair disadvantage right out of the gate towards your team, it's not a 100% lost situation and obviously there are players who will still perform well.

EDIT 2: Forgot to include this, but I wasn't aware this was as controversial of an issue as it appears to be by the state of upvotes/downvotes on a lot of the comments. Please don't attack other users for opinions, thanks.

submitted by /u/Shay0_0
[link] [comments]

Metal Gear Sombra

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 07:54 AM PDT

It may be wise to Follow the Korean Overwatch account on Twitch, as they will broadcast the Korean Fan Fest on both Tuesday, and Thursday!

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 09:02 AM PDT

[Tip] Rein Firestrike Spawn Locations

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 07:27 AM PDT

Custom Dva Ukulele

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 08:57 AM PDT

My little sister painted this ukulele for my birthday and gave it to me along with a bag of parts to finish assembling it. It came out so well, and actually plays too! It combines my love of music with my love of Overwatch perfectly, extremely good gift.

Custom Dva Ukulele

submitted by /u/Cowsareinme
[link] [comments]

When my spider senses tingled

Posted: 20 Aug 2018 06:39 AM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.