Heroes of the Storm - HGC Eastern Clash :: Day 3


HGC Eastern Clash :: Day 3

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 04:00 PM PDT

Please upvote this thread to make it visible after another one is stickied. Thanks!

Results

HGC website | Liquipedia | Master League

Schedule

Match PDT EDT UTC CEST KST -
winners' final: Tempest vs Gen.G 18:00 21:00 1:00 3:00 10:00 2 hours after this post
losers' round 3: Ballistix vs Team BlossoM 20:30 23:30 3:30 5:30 12:30
losers' final: loser of TP-GEN vs winner of BLX-BLS 23:00 2:00 6:00 8:00 15:00
Grand Final: winner of TP-GEN vs winner of losers' final 1:30 4:30 8:30 10:30 17:30

Times are in italic when the match starts on Saturday in the given timezone.

Matches start as soon as possible after the previous match ends; the times given in the table above are approximate.

Streams

English (Dreadnaught, GClef, JHow, Khaldor, Snitch, Tetcher)

Korean | Chinese

Find more on: Master League | Heroes on Twitch

HGC Eastern Clash

HGC website | Liquipedia | Master League | Probuilds

Friday: best-of-3 | Saturday and Sunday: best-of-5 | Grand Final: best-of-7 with one game advantage for the upper bracket winner

Game version

HGC Eastern Clash is played on patch 35.2, so patch 36.0 is not applied and Whitemane is not in the game yet.

HGC match threads are created by /u/lerhond. Please mention or PM /u/lerhond if you have any feedback.

submitted by /u/HeroesEsportsThreads
[link] [comments]

Tales From Bronzeland

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 07:48 AM PDT

New Tease

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 10:00 AM PDT

Remember when HotS used to do "all heroes free weekends?"

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 04:01 AM PDT

I cant remember the last time one of these happened, seemed really good for new-ish players

submitted by /u/Skyzophrenic
[link] [comments]

Guilty Zerg XRD -SIGN-

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 09:26 AM PDT

I think I understand the Teaser.

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 03:42 PM PDT

After reading up of the lore of Mephisto I think I can explain what the teaser is showing and it's possible that it would be shown/explained in a Hero spotlight.

Background

During the Sin War, which was waged between the angels and demons over the influence of humanity, the Order of Triune was formed by the Prime Evils. This religion had three separate deities that formed three orders, one for each Prime Evil, and each had a symbol that represented it.

The Tease

The triangle represents the Order of Triune with it's three sides. The Order, while important to all the Prime Evils, is more associated with Mephisto because his son Lucion was the Supreme High Priest and leader of the Order.

The Red Circle around the triangle is the symbol representative of the Order of Mefis, the deity of love, and order that served Mephisto.

While it feels like a bit of a stretch the first teasers usually are.

submitted by /u/Veliaphus
[link] [comments]

Why does everyone fight in the middle and ignore other lanes at the start of the game?

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 04:10 PM PDT

Hi, relatively new to HoTS. I'm currently Silver V and working my way up. I noticed that in a 3 lane map, everyone goes in the middle and has a brawl until some one dies. Then they split up for soaking, watch towers etc. Why not start with soaking right away? It's like this in literally every game.

submitted by /u/JealousIndustry
[link] [comments]

What's the state of Heroes of the Storm esports?

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 10:46 AM PDT

I'm coming from Overwatch. Are there any game-sense concepts that translate over / or don't translate over to HOTS?

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 12:40 PM PDT

From Overwatch I've learned a lot of basics:

  • Don't go in alone and feed. Don't push when at a disadvantage.
  • Don't blame your team. Watch VOD's and improve yourself
  • Position safely. Don't stay in frontlines if your hero isn't good upclose

Anything else I should know about it strategically? I'm very new to it.

submitted by /u/roxxxx4
[link] [comments]

Heroes of the Storm: WP and Funny Moments #174

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 11:42 AM PDT

Industrial District (the current ARAM brawl) is a terrible map layout.

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 09:14 AM PDT

The conveyor belts are awfully placed, but the whole South-North thing is AWFUL. If you're the North team, you have to play through your own UI to hit skillshots. Why is this map not East-West like every other map in the game?

submitted by /u/Spiderbubble
[link] [comments]

Looking for Alarak pro plays found this sick Rich game (74 lighting stacks)

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 12:17 PM PDT

Using Twitter Voice Actor to confirm next hero/event release <SPOILERS CLICK HERE>

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 11:19 AM PDT

<NEXT HERO INFOGRAPH HERE, SORRY FOR SHIT QUALITY>

 

I saw the Twitter teaser pic and the inspect info. I looked up the voice actor for diablo 3 Mephisto and came across this "Mephisto is voiced by Paul Eiding who also provided the voice for the narrator in Diablo I and Diablo II".

 

I checked his twitter, Paul Eiding's Twitter.

 

Looked at the most recent post from 2-3 days ago and it turns out he's in Blizz territory LA. Now he's a voice actor, he could live in LA, but I have no idea where to find that out. EITHER WAY.

 

Bonus: The twitter teaser pic is a HOTS logo forming, Diablo event confirmed?

More Bonus: The German Blizzard Twitter released that teaser pic, GAMESCON is on August 22, in Germany.

 

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 22 All events at the Main Stage. Opening | 10:30am Overwatch | 11:15am World of Warcraft | 12:30pm StarCraft | 1:15pm Heroes of the Storm 2:30pm Diablo | 3:45pm

submitted by /u/Night-hallow
[link] [comments]

New Hero confirmed, what do you guys think they will do?

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 11:27 AM PDT

What do you guys think of Mephisto, looks like a mage to me but what do you guys think

submitted by /u/MojoAssassin13
[link] [comments]

New multi-class hero idea - A Druid!

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 10:28 AM PDT

Druids in world of warcraft are incredibly versatile, so they'd be a perfect multiclass. Starting the round, they'd be in travel form until level 4 where they choose a talent that shifts them to Tank, Assassin, or Support. (bear, cat, and treat respectively). I'll explain how the abilities would work in the comments.

submitted by /u/Nevone2
[link] [comments]

My experience in Master League in EU after reaching it

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 07:44 AM PDT

I have played this game since the Beta. Countless of hours played and a years long grind to rank up. Finally after all this time, I can proudly say that I have reached Master League.

And what a disappointment is has been.

I must admit I have had better level of play in Diamond and platinum.

My experience is that there is a relatively higher part of players in Master League who overestimate their skill level. The macro play is still horrible. Camp control is rare. That is both controlling "friendly", "neutral" and "enemy" camps.

There are more toxic players here than in Platinum and Diamond. I am reporting atleast 1 player in 90% of the games.

Players think that because they are master players then they can get away with really stupid choices in game. Positioning in fights is just something else. Ranged assassins too far forward and getting grabbed by Diablo seems to be a symphony that plays in most of the games. One would think that people have learnt the E-Q Diablo comp at this level.

The draft is something else. The games I have played with 2 mages is just too many.

Maybe my expectations are too high?

(Most of the time I am playing with 1k-4k Master League players)

submitted by /u/nabuSC
[link] [comments]

Alarak has an "Unknown Ability"

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 07:57 AM PDT

I went to go do some warm up games on Unranked, played and Alarak who got counterstrike, and suddenly, was dashing, farther than using Telekenisis on himself does. He then killed me once, I look at the replay, and it says "Unknown Ability, damage, ~390," and it's icon was a question mark. A off-center, red-ish question mark. Is this a bug? A hack? Or something else? Has this ever happened to people before?

submitted by /u/SpiffyDood
[link] [comments]

Can't aim Cleansing Flame sometimes.

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 06:13 AM PDT

About once or twice a game, when I use Cleansing Flame, it is stuck in the initial spot. I'm not really sure what's causing this, but it's lost me games and it's really frustrating.

Anybody else get this issue?

EDIT: https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyShyCodPrimeMe <-- this is what happens courtesy of /u/Claggy.

submitted by /u/heartiey
[link] [comments]

I finally got all the heroes! What should I do now?

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 07:37 AM PDT

Since I began playing, it was my objective to one day get every hero in the game.
Now that i have them, I feel kind of... empty?

submitted by /u/cricri3007
[link] [comments]

Silly question, but what keeps adding gems to my account?

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 01:39 PM PDT

I'm getting gems from somewhere and I have no idea where they come from. I'm at 250 right now, but had 0 two months ago when I bought that stimpack for 1000.

Do they come from quests? Wins? Chests? Would be nice to know.

submitted by /u/Caleb__
[link] [comments]

I know I'm bad. Don't make me lose 15 games to prove it!

Posted: 17 Aug 2018 07:13 PM PDT

Dammit Blizzard, I know I'm bad at the game. Why don't you know I'm bad? I've lost my last 11 games and have a ranked record of 2 wins, 12 losses but am somehow in gold 2. Why does your ranking system adjust so slowly? Losing is not fun but I'm fairly confident that there are a lot of people worse than me. Why can't you put me against them once every couple games? /rant

submitted by /u/dfv2
[link] [comments]

Apparently the Rank icon is separate from the point bar that fills it.

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 08:22 AM PDT

Having constant FPS lag in-game for the past few days, game is impossible to play right now

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 08:45 AM PDT

Edit: So I got this fixed, what was causing my issue, which might not be the same for you was the process msmpeng.exe in the taskmanager, its a windows defender process but it shot upto 15% of my cpu usage, I went to group policy edit and disabled defender entirely and this just removed the lag entirely, I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

I hadn't played HoTS for a few months and about 2 weeks ago I installed it again to play with friends, since then I've been noticing small fps lags along the way, sometime there's latency spikes across all my friends but only I have these fps lags, everything outside the game starts lagging to, like discord and such,

My game used to work fine for all these years, I could play on ultra easily, but only recently even on medium im getting fps jitters every time I move of excess activity on screen,

Here's my specs : https://imgur.com/PbBDUa0

Some of the things I've tried since I've gotten this issue are :

  1. Tried Scanning and repairing the game

  2. Tried disable full screen optimization

  3. closed one drive from running in the background as I found this might have some issue on win 10

  4. Restarted comp multiple times

  5. Tried lowering setting from ultra all the way to medium

  6. Graphic drivers are up-to date

When I go to get help from blizzard support the technical issue branch only redirects to ask community, there's not actual way to submit a ticket for technical issue or get on live chat, this issue is making it hell for me to play the game, sometimes i end up running into a enemy team and just standing there while I don't see any movement on my screen,

I've tried various fixes from reddit, bnet forums and other online forums, none of them are working right now, please help.

submitted by /u/harishcs
[link] [comments]

[HGC Eastern Clash 2018] Crazy ending on Sky Temple

Posted: 17 Aug 2018 10:30 PM PDT

I get anxiety when queuing for an actual match made game

Posted: 18 Aug 2018 10:20 PM PDT

So I'm in this weird state where I know the game and its characters pretty well as I have either played all of them in an actual match or just checked them out in try mode, but the faith I have in my ability to play each hero against an actual person os what stresses me out.

Coupled with that I feel like the player base just insta tilts when you do something wrong or get ganged (support and solo laner player, so basically the focus of ganks).

"Omegalul, just grow some balls and play, it's just a game 4head"

It's not that easy, this can really affect some people's ability to play the game to a certain extent me too, sometimes my hands shake a bit) and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way as I have read other posts about people that get anxiety from playing with people.

There might be someone who thinks that this isn't healthy and that I shouldn't play the game if it stresses me out, but I love the game. I alway have fun and love everything Blizzard has given us.

I guess playing with friends also might help but none of my IRL friends play HotS.

Guess I just want to ask if any of you guys/gals/apache's have experienced something similar to this and if you've maybe found a solution?

submitted by /u/Joey2241
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.