Factorio The *real* reason we're all here.


The *real* reason we're all here.

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 09:43 PM PDT

Factorio Achievements: Only two left; one I want, one I don't

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 10:03 AM PDT

I really like this layout for furnaces that I discovered. I would like some feedback

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 11:41 AM PDT

Think about buying this game, need some questions answered.

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 05:09 PM PDT

Like the title says I'm on the edge of buying this game. But I have a few questions.

  1. Is multiplayer fun? Or is it boring and glamorized?

  2. Is it worth the amount of money it costs?

  3. Is there enough content in the game to keep you engaged for more than a couple of weeks?

  4. Is there any form of down time I.e. waiting for upgrades/skills/things to upgrade? Like some of the mobile games do?

  5. Are there micro transactions?

Maybe stupid questions but if you answer them thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/JitterJitter
[link] [comments]

A real life factorio moment

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:33 AM PDT

Hey all. I live in the Lowlands of Scotland, which used to have really, really good rail infrastructure in the days of steam locomotives. You can find abandoned rails, overgrown disused refueling stops which stored coal (sometimes still does) and water for refueling the trains. It's hauntingly beautiful, and also very tragic. One day, in fact, I was walking along one of these old lines, near Mossdale, and found a refueling stop, which had a seperate line so another train could hurtle past while one was refueling, and in that refueling stop I found an old mechanics wrench, and I just started crying. This was all history, all these beautiful trains. . . all gone.

But they'll be back. They always will be. Any factorian knows. . . you can't stop the trains.

submitted by /u/overlordTNT
[link] [comments]

Seablock, 1st attempt at moded

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 02:22 PM PDT

Hey guys, I wouldn't call myself a noob in vanilla factorio (~1k hours played), but I've never played with any mods before. So I thought to myself "hey, seablock looks cool, I'll try that!" (mistake #1). I went in completely blind - I figured I'll be okay (mistake #2).

Oh boy is angelbob a punch in the crotch in he beginning of the game, more so when I can't expand and depend on the friggin seawater. So after 20 hours of dicking around trying to be self-sustaining with algea farming (mistake #3), I managed to get a single tree and built some arboretums.

I called it a day today clocking 26 hours: I have power, all red science done and I a 4 filter system for iron and copper with metallurgy. I also have 0 idea on how to continue, but that's part of the charm :)

No picture because I keep tearing everything down and rebuilding.

submitted by /u/IdoNisso
[link] [comments]

Mod for canals and boats?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 02:55 PM PDT

I visit Birmingham a lot, and there are lots of canals there (some say more than Venice) which were for the factories and for transport. But I was wondering if there is a mod out there to do with canals or if anyone would be spend time on programming or plan a mod like this?

submitted by /u/daft_dog123
[link] [comments]

Me and a friend finished the game for the first time!

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 06:03 PM PDT

Me and a friend finished the game for the first time!

We both were newbies and were so sad to see this end! We accidentally launched one rocket without a satellite, so we had the chance to launch two. Amazing game and mad props to all the developers.

- 48 hours of playtime

End screen we saw.

Base layout.

Main focus.

Messy as f-

submitted by /u/_gabee
[link] [comments]

My mouse movement during a 14hr Factorio session

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 11:41 PM PDT

One wish I have for Factorio

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 12:13 PM PDT

Please make robots instantly fly into your inventory and charge in there, instead of creating a charging queue around you. This change would mean that robots that have a high enough robot speed would be able to actually go into your inventory. Imagine driving around in your car, tank or train and not having to wait for the robots!

submitted by /u/MyNameIsTrez
[link] [comments]

Petition to make reactoew glow blue. Linked is a video showing actual reactors

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 07:05 PM PDT

perfect ratio full chain?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 11:34 AM PDT

Just crossed my mind, has someone yet attempted to make a perfect ratio across the entire chain? So that you put in a discrete amount of raw materials and the factory ends up producing an equal amount of all sciences and no ressource is left anywhere? I imagine it would be a tremendous scale (im really not good with ratios, so it might also be suprinsingly small?) but somewhere somewhen all ratios should add up to this eventually?

I would consider this to be the ultimate base..

submitted by /u/overlydelicioustea
[link] [comments]

Newbie Post: What do your guys' factories look like? Do you smelt all in one place? Have one massive main bus? Or do you segregate your operations?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:11 PM PDT

Hey all, pretty new to the game. Been playing about two weeks now all on one world, and I swear I've ripped my entire base down and rebuilt it like 9 times already. So far, every time I plan out my operation, I make some sort of oversight or don't realize the scale of the next task, and all of my nice, neat belts and machines turn into a pile of spaghetti as I am forced to jerry-rig the ever loving shit out of it just to keep up with new demands.

Currently, the state of my factory is: in pieces. I've taken everything down, and I'm preparing for iteration 10. This time I'm trying to plan everything out with plenty of space for expansion and building. My goal with this iteration is to produce one of every science (minus infinite) every second, and also keep up with other tasks like producing solar panels, accumulators, robots, refined concrete, spare steel/iron/copper, etc... essentially enough surplus to keep expanding my base as needed. I'm looking to you guys to see how you have set up your bases. Hopefully I can glean some insight from your efficient designs.

I currently have 24 electric furnaces being fed at max capacity by red belts to produce my copper plates, 24 to produce stone bricks and 72 to produce my iron. Coal, water, and oils do not seem to be anywhere near a low common denominator in terms of production at this point. Does this sound like a good start for my purposes? I currently have a main bus consisting of 3 * 4-wide belts of iron, copper, and something undecided at this point. Each of these 4-wide belts is separated from the others by a 2-tile gap. Plenty of room on either side currently, as everything has been torn down.

Some of my current technical challenges are setting up my oil transport system, redesigning my furnace array, and deciding how I want to pull from my main bus. Any advice/pictures/examples you guys have used would be nice. I can provide pictures of my current base, and provide info like my currently researched technologies and stuff if you guys are curious about that. Thanks!

submitted by /u/TheAero1221
[link] [comments]

A simple test to rate the efficiency of inserters. (Mostly designed to rate red vs. yellow, but I managed to sneak in some blue)

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 02:13 PM PDT

Feed back on my assembly line

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 08:07 PM PDT

Feed back on my assembly line

Let me know what you think, I refactored my factory after getting a bit stuck. The idea I have is that I can always expand downwards if I need to increase the throughput of a particular item and add an additional line of items going in through the top.

https://i.redd.it/zfla6eskrn611.png

submitted by /u/the86guy
[link] [comments]

Is it effective to Daisy Chain labs?

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 12:11 PM PDT

As the title says, I'm wondering if it is effective to daisy chain labs together. I found this post on this subreddit a while ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/6dr985/psa_dont_daisy_chain_your_science_labs_they_will/

but i'm wondering if its possibly outdated information. I'm trying to do my first factory where i really try to limit the spaghetti, and daisy chaining them seems to help with that. Or if anyone has any really good, easy to understand blueprints for their lab set up that is expandable, i'd really be interested in that.

Also, side question, do modules in beacons run out? like, do i need to occasionally replace the module in the beacons?

Thanks in advanced for any help, you guys are great!

submitted by /u/IcemanO351
[link] [comments]

The ups and downs of Concreep

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 04:13 AM PDT

Concreep is an awesome mod that automatically blueprints concrete within the range of roboports, and marks all trees on concrete for deconstruction. However, when you have Bob's roboports that have massive build range and thousands of bots. . . man, does it ever munch your FPS. Not your UPS, your UPS is fine, but your FPS is fucked.

submitted by /u/overlordTNT
[link] [comments]

Git integration for blue prints

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 07:59 AM PDT

Had a weird idea. Maybe it's been talked about before. Wouldn't it be nice if the blue print library could be stored in git (maybe github/bitbucket?) so that you had versioned blueprints? You could roll back and forth by changing it in the git repository. You wouldn't lose your blue prints due to a upgrade either as they will be saved in the repo. Not entirely certain how you'd get the back end of that to work when a blueprint upgrade was triggered by an update.

submitted by /u/KingRimshot
[link] [comments]

Damn... still haven't even launch a rocket

Posted: 26 Jun 2018 08:12 PM PDT

Basic Buffer, and other tips for speed running

Posted: 27 Jun 2018 12:34 PM PDT

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.