True Dota 2 - When is it a decent Troll Warlord game ?


When is it a decent Troll Warlord game ?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:39 AM PST

I really love the hero but it is currently sitting at around 45% winrate at all the ranks except Divine.

I want to pick it more, when is it a decent TW game ?

submitted by /u/ace-s
[link] [comments]

Support silencer build.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:04 AM PST

Hey all, posting from my phone so formatting may suck.

When going safelane support on silencer I've noticed none of the guides focus on glaives and instead choose to max curse first.

I am personally unimpressed with curse and think max glaives/last word is better with glaives on lvl 1.

The reason being is that when using glaives you don't aggro creeps. I've been using this and zoning the offlaner is super easy. Buy a couple of clarities and go glaives and goodbye any chance of the offline hanging around.

I think it'd be good in a dual lane situation too. You hit them from behind creeps with no aggro and punish them when they try to trade.

Is the lack of sering this build because support silencer is generally second teir, or is there a good reason for going curse first?

submitted by /u/strongoaktree
[link] [comments]

SF vs. OD

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 01:38 PM PST

Can you guys explain this matchup to me? I don't really play either hero. Who should win? Who has an edge? How can either hero get and advantage?

submitted by /u/odincrow4
[link] [comments]

Some small stuff I learned as I improved that might help someone else

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:33 PM PST

Im only 3.9k, highest I have ever been is only 4k, and even there it was just for 1 game. But, I did start at 900 mmr, and it has been one hell of a journey, where I learned a lot about Dota, you might know a lot of these already, and if you know something that I did not include then I would love if you could post it, same if you disagree.

  • Farm farm farm. This is mainly for core roles, but also applies to support roles some time in the game when they have nothing else better to do. Its pretty simple, and most people already know it. If you cannot do something useful, then go ahead and farm, as fast as you can of course, so you can get a lot of it.

  • Good farm vs Bad farm, Safe farm vs Unsafe farm. Farm divides into 2 categories, "Good farm" and "Bad farm". Whats the difference? Good farm forwards the game, and bad farm does not. Bad farm is stuff like farming the jungle. Good farm is stuff like farming the lane. The lane farm will make creeps push the wave, forcing enemies to tp, and making you control game. Safe farm and unsafe farm are pretty safe explanatory, using some map awareness you can know where you are safe to farm, where you are not. The best farm is farm that will forward the game the most, and that is the safest. You won't be able to find that, you you can aspire for it.

  • Using the advantages you have. Doing all what I just said gives you good advantages, such as pushing waves forces tp's, etc. But what is important is using them, since if you don't use your advantages correctly, they do nothing. I will take the earlier example as an example. Lets say you simply push waves all the time, the enemy will tp, and kill waves, do the same thing and gain gold in a fast wave just where u want them to get the gold, it will just become a farm-fest, seeing who can farm faster/who has better lategame heroes. Now, lets say you want to take Roshan, one way would be to simply smoke up, and go Roshan. Problem is, that if the enemy suspects it, they might just smoke up and fight you, leaving you in a fight that you will most likely lose unless you are way stronger. Another way, would be to push out bottom lane, safely, force a tp, or even more if you can. Once you do that, hide, teleport close to Roshan, smoke up, and go to Roshan. Lets say the enemy suspects you, now they have a guy on the other side of the map, with no tp, meaning that even if they do suspect you going Roshan, it will be much harder for them to group up as 5 and contest, or they might decide to go as less, making it easier for you and might even win you the game. Now that is just one example out of countless, advantages could be something like being stronger early game, or even something like Pudge hook being on CD, almost anything that happens creates advantages, its only a question of how many can you spot and use.

  • Use the time before game effectively. I don't mean buy your items quickly so you can ward, or go take enemy rune when you can, there are countless options. What I mean is that you have time, 6.5~ minutes to be more precise, including strategy time and picking phase, time that can be used to get a better understanding of what you want to do in this game, and how you can win. Ask yourself questions, any question that might give you useful information is good, such as "What can I get out of my lane if enemy plays it perfectly?", "What do I want to get out my lane idealy?", "What heroes will be problematic this game?", "What is my goal this game?" and anything else u want, basically, ask whatever you can, if you can't get a clear answer from yourself maybe even ask a teammate, your imagination is the limit.

  • What is your goal in the current game?. Almost every game your goal will be different, it can be a small difference, or big difference, but this goal will affect what items you buy, it can affect how you want to play lane, fights etc. Lets take Tidehunter as an example, since he is fairly simple. First off, in most lanes he will want to be in the carries face when he can, both getting his farm, and stopping the carry from farming. But lets talk game-wise, sometimes his goal will be to initiate, others he wants to counter-initiate, but besides that what do you want to do as the Tidehunter? Maybe you want to get near their carry and spam anchor smash, be in his face, not letting him get damage or some space. Also what do you want to achieve with your items? do you want to be an initiator asap? maybe u want a blink, or do u want to be a counter initiator? so a forcestaff might be better etc. There are so many stuff to consider, especially when it becomes a hero that is much less one-sided than tidehunter, and is a little more complex(even though tide becomes more complex and has way more choices the more the game advances and he gets more talents, just like other heroes). A batrider might have some game where his goal is to shackle hero X, but he has goals besides that, if he can't do that he can do 10 other things, think about them. etc.

  • Doing nothing is sometimes doing more than you think. Lets say that you are playing shadow shaman, and you are just sitting near the safelane, having nothing to do, sometimes you want to stay there, rather than try do something, since you are scaring the offlaner, and are basically doing nothing and winning the safelane. As Nyx a lot of times going to jungle and taking some bad farm might be better as the enemy will be afraid, Pudge missing during lanes is scary etc. Know that sometimes taking a break and doing nothing is worth it. Although take in mind that the highter position you play, the less effective this is, since it usually means trading your farm/xp/something for the enemies, obviously a pos1 does not want to trade his farm for the enemy pos5 etc.

  • Dying is not always bad. What happens when you die? you lose time, gold, xp, give gold and give xp. Now what else happens when you die? that depends on what caused your death. If the enemy killed you, you know their current position, more than that, you also know sometimes what spells are 100% on cooldown, and the cooldown, you know their health, mana, level and items. Now what else could have happened? the enemy went to you to kill you, if its in lane it might ruin the equilibrium. There are a lot of stuff it does that is not completely negative. A lot of times, dying is not too bad, sometimes even good. Let me give you an example: on offlane, level one you get a little too close to the wave, the enemy supports go on you, and so does the carry, one of them pulls aggro accidentally, and they kill you, while they did kill you, you will now respawn, tp to lane, and get a double wave, and there is nothing they can do. If they did not kill you, and you did not have a salve you will have a problem getting that "free" xp and farm that will come with the double wave. Another example would be pulling the wave as an offlaner, if you succeed great, if you die you will give some gold and xp, but not enough to account for the farm the carry lost(since your wave went to his tower)/hp he lost(if he tanked the wave), and that you will respawn and get almost 2 waves or maybe even 3 if they don't pull right near your tower for you to enjoy.

  • Map awareness to the next level. Map awareness gives you advantages that can be used to dive people, push towers, take objectives etc. But you have a limit with the fog of war. How do you use the most you can? well, use your brain a little. Literally, when you see someone tp top, you know that he cannot be bot for quiet a while, on the other hand if someone has a tp and was top for a while you know he can tp bot at an instant. Meaning that you not only need to account for his current location, but also for potential locations(E.G when spec has ult he can be anywhere, Natures Prophet can tp at notice etc), but that assumes you already know where they are, what if all the enemies are missing? Well, look at the game situation, and the last time you saw them, and try think where they should be, if they have antimage, and it is 20 minutes in, and the last time you saw him was a while ago, he is probably in their jungle, if you saw him 15 seconds ago on top lane near dire t1 tower, he is probably farming that safe camp etc, here is an old guide, but good one talking about that

  • Last, but definitely not least, remember that you only need to destroy the enemies ancient, not more and not less. This means that everything above, and every tip you hear in dota, from purge, from a pro player, from your 1k teammate, anyone, is to achieve this goal. Small secret? it does not matter if you win the game in 20 minutes, or in 90 minutes, it achieves the same goal exactly. Winning as 15-0 or 0-15 is the exact same thing, in the end of the game all that matters is if you won, or lost(assuming you will only ever play 1 game. Since you want to play more and win more it does matter, as you will learn from that and improve from it, so that the next game can be easier to win, but in a 1 time sample, it does not matter). This means, that if you have a 20k networth advantage and can win, then win, don't wait to get that 6th item. This also means, that nothing is absolute. Sometimes, you don't want to defend any tower until highground, since you want to get to a point that you can just win(Happens a lot with alchemist, that you cannot win fights, but if you farm more you will be much stronger than the enemy and be able to win), or that you might want to forget farming, and even though you are playing antimage and have no battlefury just go and finish the game, since your team has insane push and your advantage is high enough to win. There are countless examples where this is important, just remember it, since you can win with 0 farm, and with 100 deaths. Farm is only a mean to manage to win, since more farm means that you are stronger, meaning that the enemy trying to defend their ancient so you don't win will not be able to, same with Roshan. But not taking an opportunity to win, can lose you a game, since it gives the enemy another advantage they would not otherwise have to get stronger than you and win the game.

    I hope that this is useful, I would really appreciate if you could correct me on things you think that I am wrong about, add to things you think I didn't include enough about, and add thinks I didn't write about, not just for me to learn from, but also for others.

submitted by /u/dannyjayes1
[link] [comments]

Has anyone had any success using Lifestealer's aghs lately?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:32 PM PST

I completely forgot about it until today - is there any cool combo potential or is it complete garbage?

submitted by /u/-WILDY-
[link] [comments]

Does anyone have tips to get through 4.7k + mmr ?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:13 AM PST

I have gotten to 4.9k multiple times but for some reason i feel like the games just get lower in quality around 5k for a few reasons which cause the game to go to shit .. i feel like i may just spam my pudge or something.

submitted by /u/gesrdgw
[link] [comments]

Silencer Orb interaction

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:07 AM PST

Silencers Orb (wich is a buff, right?) doesn't interact with unique attack modifier, right? But the buff just adds to the base dmg. So the base dmg itself does benefit from let's say a desolater, correct?

submitted by /u/cuteandroid
[link] [comments]

Is there something I'm missing here

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:13 PM PST

5.2k US West player here, why am I seeing carry DK in my games all of a sudden? I've been in about 3 games over the last two days with this pick, I do NOT see the benefit of picking him over say, wk or Sven. I get he's versatile, but he's a mediocre at BEST position one, especially now since there's so many good melee carries with a stun. Or am I just a meta-hating old dinosaur?? wtf is going on

submitted by /u/RIDER_OF_BROHAN
[link] [comments]

Suggest position 3 meta heroes.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 05:58 AM PST

I have been playing tidehunter and underlord what do you think about other position 3 heroes?.

submitted by /u/aaaazxnkis
[link] [comments]

Laning against QOP with heroes having no natural sustain

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 05:43 AM PST

With her dagger her harass is insane and even if I kill her I end up dying in the end . Consider an example with SF against her.

submitted by /u/kingofthefryingpan
[link] [comments]

Anyone want to party queue with a D5 solo queue player? Only 3.7k mmr party.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:56 PM PST

Add me: steamcommunity.com/id/ericjlima/

I want to get my party mmr to match my solo but I don't have a lot of friends who consistently party queue so if you want to party queue often then add me. US East/West

submitted by /u/ericjlima
[link] [comments]

Pvgna Oracle role analysis questions

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:52 AM PST

I've been looking at Pvgna's Oracle AI coach for the past few months, and it's definitely helped me improve my play (I'm Archon 1). Two sets of role scores in the performance section from my recent games have me a bit confused, though. I'm wondering if anyone can justify them or tell me if I'm thinking about the games wrong.

The first game I played safelane Gyro in what I'd call a stomp. The Oracle and OpenDota pages are here. I'm confused by the offlane Bristleback's score when he died 6 times in the first 10 minutes and had Treads and Blademail at 15 minutes. All he really accomplished in lane was feeding me and getting some last hits. He did the most hero damage on his team and had the highest kill participation, but does that really compensate for the lane?

The second game I played support Bane, Oracle and OpenDota. The support Rubick on my team scored quite a bit higher than I did, and again I don't know why. I bought all the wards but 1, bought and held a gem for the last half hour of the game, stacked camps, and bought defensive items. Rubick had a lot more assists, supported safelane, dealt more damage, and farmed more. Laning was weird this game on account of a TA-Windrunner dual mid, so I moved between safelane and mid while stacking, warding, and picking up runes. Rubick definitely did a good job supporting, I just think I did better.

Does Oracle just put more value on teamfighting and kill participation in the early and mid game? That's the only pattern I can find. Any bit of feedback is appreciated, thanks.

submitted by /u/Leoswept
[link] [comments]

I have been getting really bad quality games lately, even though I have a great conduct summary. I want to start a discussion on the QoG for you guys.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:24 AM PST

As a note, I am not complaining about my games or anything, but I want to gauge everyone else's experiences and compare it to my own.

After a series of games with my very high skill friend, I ended up getting reported by either the enemy team or the other parties on my team. Since I was playing with my very high skilled friend (4.5k), and I was only 3.2k, I definitely didn't play that well. I didn't even die much or feed, but since I usually play carry and my friend plays support we laned together in that way and I was unable to close out the game due to lesser skill.

Almost immediately after those series I got put into the LP pool due to too many reports.

Now my games tend to que for 5-10 minutes at around 3k, and the quality of games have been terrible. No supports, feeding, giving up after 10 minutes, etc.

This makes me think I somehow got placed into a "shadow pool" of toxic players. I haven't gotten a report for literally a year until this point, so I wonder if past records are not as heavily counted as more recent ones. This would lead to more severe short term punishments such as my LP after a couple of report streaks.

submitted by /u/ArcticIceFox
[link] [comments]

Zues builds?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 07:59 AM PST

I've been spamming Zues lately and I'm trying to figure out the best early game build.

For a long time I thought the best was bottle-> boots -> arcanes -> aether -> kaya -> Aghs, but recently (1) i've been mixing in a soul ring which reduces reliance on runes a LOT, (2) I've been building veil which makes use of an early game null, helps with defending hg, and obviously helps a lot with being offensive, and (3) I've noticed that the sooner i can squeeze in aghs, the more successful I am.

As a result, I'm currently thinking that null -> bottle+soul ring+arcanes -> veil -> aghs is the best build.

I feel like most of the talents are no-brainers (very little diversity on the Dotabuff guides) but with items it seems largely based on player preference. The only truly matchup dependant items I've noticed are euls and force.

Also when should I be getting blink?

submitted by /u/Odin_the_Husky
[link] [comments]

Sand king burst damage?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:50 AM PST

How can sandkings 3rd skill be utilized to its maximum as it is a burst damage?.

submitted by /u/aaaazxnkis
[link] [comments]

Comeback after 1.5 years break. What to notice?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:33 PM PST

After 1.5 years break due to reasons, I decide to install Dota 2 again.

In the last 1.5 years I'm not totally quit but rarely play game, like 2-4month/games. All those are played with friends and I didn't really pay attention.

Now to take a more serious play, what am I supposed to do?

I know it's a vague question so I'm calling out things in my mind:

  • What is current hero meta? (I usually play support, though I like mid lane and sometime I got chance to pick mid hero too)

  • What is current meta? deathball? turtle? etc ... What is the most likely to be happen in a pub game? (4k average I guess, did recalibrate with old knowledge and got ancient)

  • What's about all those new items? Meme hammer LUL, Aeon Disk ... Who to build it? When and why?

  • Any suggest for improving.

Much appreciate any reply.

Cheers.

submitted by /u/ilusm1337
[link] [comments]

Should ranked MMR still be a thing?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:29 AM PST

With the introduction of Medals, only one stat displaying player ability is availiable to showcase. There's hidden MMR, Solo MMR, Party MMR and Medals but only the latter can be showed, meaning party players will have their highest (unless we're talking Divine) side for all players to see.

I do not see a point for it, but I'm only very occasionally playing in party so my opinion is very limited. So - I would like to hear your opinions

submitted by /u/detrebio
[link] [comments]

Are high mobility support heroes just, in general, OP?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:56 PM PST

I was thinking about ES, as he's incredibly fun to play but also mobile. From all I've read, he seems incredibly OP in the right hands.

Does that come from his mobility and set of skills?

My favorite heroes are NP, Puck and Weaver, largely because of the mobility and escape options they bring. It's awesome, to me, to zip around in teamfights and change objectives quickly, etc.

But there aren't many support heroes that have that kind of mobility. I would love a puck-esque support hero.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/CentralConflict
[link] [comments]

[NA] No Courier Needed IHL

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:35 PM PST

[NA] No Courier Needed IHL

About NCN IHL:

Hello! No Courier Needed In-house League is where Dota 2 players can seek better practice for any role in a more competitive scene than PUBs. We have two different leagues for different skill levels so you are best matched up with the correct players. We have a nice community that only helps you improve as a player or drafter. If you do not want to play inhouse matches, I suggest you still join as you can find great players to form a team or even look for a team for yourself. Our league is hosted on FACEIT and has strict rules on smurfs to insure your gameplay is the best experience. Our servers are hosted on USEast in the North American region although every country is allowed.

Why Play?

You will be experiencing matches that are more competitive, maybe something you arent used to and you want the opportunity to play competitively. Players will gain better knowledge about the game and grow to a higher MMR. Most players who play in the lower league after one season rank out of the lower season. You are also playing for FACEIT points which you can redeem at the end of each season for Dota 2 skins and IRL equipment. Also as stated previously, you will meet new people and make new friends to play Dota with.

How to Join?

  1. Create an FACEIT account if you dont have an account linked with your current steam. You cannot change the steam account linked with your FACEIT. If you do not have an account, you can sign up here: https://www.faceit.com/en?referral=cbf7d8b5-7e55-4939-9c7b-5ab369a0cb5a.
  2. Determine your league. Note each league is for different skill levels.
  3. Join the league and the discord.
  4. Read #welcome on the discord to find rules and info on how to play. You can always message me on discord: Poggey#0762 or DM me on twitter @Poggey1 if you have any questions.

Discord: www.discord.gg/6Yav3QU Herald 0 - Legend 3: https://beta.faceit.com/en/inv/3vRKtDe Archon 5 - Divine 5: https://beta.faceit.com/en/inv/SSjUMGg

If you are unable to join the league and you are sure your MMR is qualified for the league, follow this post: https://support.faceit.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396444-Dota2-How-to-Sync-MMR-to-ELO. If that does not sort the issue, create a support ticket or message me on discord: Poggey#0762 or DM me on twitter @Poggey1. All of us at NCN wish to see you there!

submitted by /u/thepogchampion
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.