Fallout - Made a Vault 13 distressed wallet


Made a Vault 13 distressed wallet

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:46 AM PST

It's the Fallout Universe. You didn't make it, but the main character has to retrieve an item from your home/trailer/cottage/camp/apartment. What do you have that the future needs?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 10:47 PM PST

For me, it's one of my external hard drives with the 200 GB of music and pre-war maps I have saved.

How about you? What does the main character need to retrieve from your place to save the world?

submitted by /u/helljack
[link] [comments]

TIL there's almost definitely a cut raider quest in Fallout 3

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:05 PM PST

TL;DR - If you make raiders friendly they have a unique dialogue line that seems to be a lead-in to a cut raider quest.

So I was trying to make every raider in Evergreen Mills friendly, when I realized they have unique dialogue for the player approaching them when not hostile.

Most of these are just variations on "fuck off" but one stuck out; "Did you hear about those newbies who went up north looking for raids?".

At first I brushed this off, but every raider says it, only to the player (they have different inter-raider dialogue) and there's three or four variations. It reminded me of the Wilhem's Wharf lady's "looking for some do-gooder" line, which is a lead-in for a cut quest.

I looked up the wiki, but it only said there's an unused faction called RaiderAlly or something similar, meant for use by players with very low karma.

Since there aren't any friendly generic raiders, there's no way to hear this dialogue without exploits. Given all this, and the fact that Evergreen Mills has more effort put into it than some towns, I think it's likely that friendly raiders were meant to be included - maybe with EM as their Paradise Falls - and to have their own quest focused on these "newbies".

I'm going to see if the Talon Company have any unique friendly dialogue next.

submitted by /u/Dreary_Libido
[link] [comments]

TIL if you activate the Securitron army during the Battle of Hoover Dam you can see the destruction of the Fort

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:49 PM PST

Bowler hat codsworth is the best codsworth

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 03:29 PM PST

The Fallout 3 trailer

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:53 AM PST

In case you don't know what I'm referring to, it's this trailer

https://youtu.be/O7a1GVlC9SM

Goddamn, is this one awesome trailer. I remember when I first heard about Fallout 3 back in 2010 or so, and I decided to look it up and see what the fuss was about. Then I saw this trailer and I loved it.

Looking back on it now, as a Fallout fan with a pretty decent understanding of the setting, I enjoy it even more. The first part of it, with the silly Vault-Tec ad is both funny and gets you interested in what the actual game is about (if you didn't know much about Fallout, which I assume was a niche series back in 2008). I still love how awkward the dad and daughter look when the salesman talks about repopulating the world. Then the next part starts, with the classic Fallout zoom-out and you get that awesome view of the Capital Wasteland with Dear Hearts and Gentle People playing (that panorama still looks gorgeous). And oh gosh, that action montage still looks badass today. I love this trailer, and I love Fallout 3.

I can't wait until I can get my PC back online and can reinstall the game.

submitted by /u/OknataSkeltro
[link] [comments]

Folks who are running 100+ mods on FO4, what am I missing out on?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:44 AM PST

I'm several hundred hours in with less than 80 mods. I think I'm having a good time. But now I wonder if the grass is truly greener on the hardcore 100+ mod side of the fence.

I've got most of the popular mods in the load order. I know some folks have a few QOL or niche mods they enjoy. But for folks with hundreds of active mods, what are the rest of us missing out on?

submitted by /u/civgarth
[link] [comments]

Playing a NV minigun build just highlights how bad 4's are.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 07:07 AM PST

So I'm always a big heavy weapons fan in any game, and 4's minigun looked like it'd satisfy that itch given its extremely huge magazine and RoF. However in practice I found it to be one of the absolute worst weapons in the game due to the armor system slashing your effective DPS to like 1/5, not to mention the upgrades are placed like it was a mid-endgame gun, yet it barely tickles even midgame targets with its woefully low damage, even with maxed heavy gunner.

Recently however I decided to make a character in NV using miniguns as the main weapon and the differences hit right there. Miniguns in NV actually rip through light armored enemies easily due to the innate DT pierce on the ammo, shredding them in a matter of seconds, with the AP ammo (once you can afford a steady supply from Bardon and the Khans Armorer) being able to tear through even Deathclaws and elite NCR and Legion troops like paper. This is balanced overall by the fact that you need max STR to reliably fire the thing without the sway everywhere, meaning if you don't go for 9 (with IT) or 10 STR at start, you will need PA to use it effectively.

In short for all its touted to be in 4 with its high end upgrades, the minigun feels like one of the worst weapons in 4 due to the game's own defense system working against it, which Obsidian remidied in NV by giving the 5mm ammo some major DT pierce to make the Minigun actually worth it. Just a simple 50% or 75% armor pierce on 4's minigun would actually make it viable without having to rely on broken legendary effects.

submitted by /u/soundtea
[link] [comments]

Do SPECIAL upgrades have an effect beyond stage 10?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:45 PM PST

For example, if you pick up a strength bobblehead when your strength is 10, do you gain more carry weight? What about the magazine in Nuka World that gives you a permanent strength boost based on how few caps you have?

To be honest, I'm trying to min/max.

Edit: Specifically talking about Fallout 4

submitted by /u/MenstruationOatmeal
[link] [comments]

Found this in my area and it looked like something straight from the wasteland.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:05 PM PST

Are there any powerful ghouls in Fallout?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 07:11 AM PST

Was saving Valentine from the mobsters and you would think in two hundred years one of those ghoul trigger men would have taken over by now? So it got me thinking are there any big boss type ghouls in Fallout?

submitted by /u/Stevo81818
[link] [comments]

Valentine is at the agency before unlikely Valentine?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:25 AM PST

I've started playing the storyline again and went ahead to talk to Valentine's assistance, right after she gave me the Quest i looked behind me and found Valentine with the Speech that he says after we exit the railway, The "You went into a ton of trouble", anyone know why this happened?

submitted by /u/YahiaTGF
[link] [comments]

When your level is just to high to care anymore..

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:16 AM PST

To be fair, reachinh high level is a goal we all strech for, but one you get there. Everything is boring.. All the best gear.. All the best weapons..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDTqTof0owo

submitted by /u/AngryCray0n
[link] [comments]

Just one of those days. [Fallout 4 VR]

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:50 PM PST

Which Fo3 build do you like better?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:54 AM PST

I recently got an Xbox One and, as a big fan of Fallout, bought Fo3 GoTY. Im trying to decide which build I want to go with for this playthrough, as I have 2 good ideas, but only want to do one playthrough. Here are my ideas:

  1. The Energizer - The Energizer is a nerd, plain and simple. He values knowledge above material things and, despite what you may think, his intelligence doesnt make him an emotionless monster. He's one of the nicest guys you'll meet, and quite the humanitarian. His biggest goal in life is to use his intellect to better the world for all people, regardless of whether they're human, super mutant, or ghoul. He achieves this goal with his scribe robes and an array of powerful energy weapons, his favorite being the Alien Disentigrator. His tag skills are Medicine, Science, and Small guns, and his minor skill is Repair. The companions he uses are Dogmeat (obviously) and Star Paladin Cross, as she fits in with the whole science theme.

  2. The Green Guardian - The Green Guardian is a tree-hugging badass. In vault, he dreamt of the outside world and the adventures he could have in the open air. Now that the Wasteland is his playground, he's gonna make the bad guys his bitch. Don't let his Oasis Robe and Oasis Druid hood fool you into thinking he's a weakling -- his skill with a hunting rifle is only surpassed by his hatred for evildoers. That being said, he's extremely friendly to the everyday citizen, and will do whatever he has to do to protect them. Oh yeah, did I mention he's gonna make use of the Animal Friend perk so that the Wasteland creatures will fight alongside him? His tag skills are Small Guns, Speech, and Repair, and his minor skill is Medicine. His companions are Dogmeat (again, obviously) and either Charon or Fawkes, as they just tie the aesthetic together.

So which one of these would you rather play? Im leaning more towards The Green Guardian, but both of them seem really fun. Let me know what you guys think

submitted by /u/RedPandaBoii1156
[link] [comments]

Still Possible to Link Fallout 3 and GFWL?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:15 PM PST

I have Fallout 3 GOTY on PC and am wondering if it's still possible to link it to my gamertag for achievements and suck via GFWL. Nothing I've tried so far seems to do the trick. Also pls no "achievements are pointless" replies; am achievement hunter. Thank you in advance anything is helpful in this trying time.

submitted by /u/applebutterseh
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 crashing on the very first loading screen.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:03 PM PST

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my game. When I load into my save game, it crashes my entire computer, as in, I'm having to completely restart the damn thing. Although, sometimes, maybe a 1 in 5 chance, the game actually runs! But then proceeds to crash after about 1-2 gameplay. I really don't know what to do, I feel like I've tried everything.

Specs: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

RAM 8.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

I am also not running any mods, but I do have the DLC's installed. I would really appreciate it if any of you guys could help. Thanks

submitted by /u/tobiasah1
[link] [comments]

[FO4] Synth Shawn theories

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:30 AM PST

So i was just thinking, if you enter the Institute and were to immediately kill EVERYONE, would Synth Shaun be stuck in that little observation room forever if you didn't let him out? Do child Synths grow up? Do Gen-3 synths feel pain?

I ask those last two, because I can imagine years after that event, Synth Shaun would go mad from isolation and try to break out to seek revenge (assuming of course you don't also nuke the Institute). I could see a quest mod coming out where Synth Shaun comes after you, clearly damaged from its escape. But would it have grown at all?

submitted by /u/Khaos_Zand3r
[link] [comments]

r/StarTrek has r/DaystromInstitute. What is r/Fallout's subreddit to go deep at explaining in-Universe quirks and logic?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:03 AM PST

Suggestions for mods with a survival play through.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 10:55 AM PST

Anyone have any suggestions for mods for a survival mode palythrough I'm going to start, any looking for non joke mods that add any kind of content to the game. Any mods that add anything useful and make the game more enjoyable.

submitted by /u/agentpancake1010
[link] [comments]

[Spoiler] Question about Fallout 4

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 12:42 PM PST

Hi fellow wanderers

I have been Googling and found out that you don't have to do Minutemen/Settlement quests. I have been doing some of it, but it's a bit too generic for my taste. Anyways, I have been googling and found out that I could have skipped meeting Preston in the first place. It is too late for that now, and I was wondering - Will I face any serious consequences if I just start ignoring it now (I have restored the artillery at the castle and have done some quests for small settlements after that)? I have had some issues where I will fail a quest that would have me help a settlement that were being attacked, while I was never notified about the quest in the first place. So annoying, and I do not want to have a bunch of failed quests in my log.

submitted by /u/Harepuz
[link] [comments]

Big MT Vs. The Institute

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:38 AM PST

So who would win? and/or would they ally them selfs or go to war

submitted by /u/Frescko
[link] [comments]

America Rising - great mod but I wish there was more

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 04:04 PM PST

I'm really loving this enclave mod. I like the questions and I like the inclusion of the oil rig -- a throw back to Fallout 2. I really wish we had more enclave mods though. I hate that Bethesda didn't include them -- even though the big bad guy is the Institute in Fallout 4, I still wish we had some enclave presence.

Oh well, big up to the team that made America Rising.

submitted by /u/mittensonakitten
[link] [comments]

How does everybody here feel about Fallout: BOS?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 11:03 AM PST

I finally found a copy of it and even though it is basically a Baldur's Gate rip-off, it does add a bit of "flavor" to the Fallout universe.

submitted by /u/Urethraman
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.