The Legend of Zelda - BoTW Weekly Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - February 12, 2018


BoTW Weekly Questions Thread: Ask questions and get help! - February 12, 2018

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 05:14 AM PST

The new queue has many questions being asked so here's a weekly megathread to help your question not get lost. You're more than welcome to continue to make threads with questions. Please try and help users by answering their questions!

Questions could have spoilers in them! BEWARE ALL THOSE WHO ENTER! Minor spoilers will be below about weapons, bosses, locations, etc. But someone might ask a question regarding a moment that has happened you have not experienced. So please know what you're entering.

Tips and Tricks Megathread

Want tips and tricks? Read all the tips and tricks provided by you, the users. Or submit your own.

Spoiler policy

>> Read the spoiler policy here. <<

TL;DR: Major locations/temples and major character names will be allowed in titles with the release of the game. Titles still must be vague and cannot divulge storylines. Boss names, dungeon weapons, plot points are not allowed in titles.

Titles must begin with [SPOILERS] when discussing the game or they will be removed.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Those eyes...

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 02:51 AM PST

Completing BotW again, but there was a difference compared to the first time...

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:22 PM PST

The second playthrough was on my cousin's account. He got a switch on his 5th birthday last year and got BotW with it. He found it difficult to play. Since he couldn't progress very far, I decided to play it for him, whilst he sat and watched me. I thought he would be in it for the action and not really bother about anything else. Well, I was wrong :) He loved the idea of the champions and thought the whole '100 years ago' story was such a cool idea. He really wanted the master sword when I told him about it and of its importance in the past games. He would mimic Prince Sidon's pose and got upset when he found out the champions were defeated and wanted them to somehow return. Before we fought Ganon, he was telling me about how it was awesome that we're finally about to reach the final boss. I didn't get to see him that often, but when I did he would make me continue with BotW. This is why it was cool to him. Having an adventure that wasn't binged up all at once (I'm guilty of doing this). He must've felt huge satisfaction when the credits rolled. Oh, also the cutscene where the divine beasts fire at the castle... he really dug that. Anyway, I thought it was an amazing experience to see him become a Zelda fan. It reminded me of when I played Ocarina of Time for the first time, the difference being I was a little older to be able to play it myself. He has the little BotW notebook and wanted Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the 3DS, for Christmas last year. TLoZ is such a special IP.

submitted by /u/SmashPudding
[link] [comments]

Throwback to 2009

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:19 PM PST

https://imgur.com/3PVMFMY Cleaning my room to find a little bit of nostalgia...

submitted by /u/RoyalFox_
[link] [comments]

I made myself a Switch carrying case, Link makes an excellent protector!

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 09:25 AM PST

Wanted to finish Zelda games before BotW - is Windwaker worth it?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 01:55 AM PST

So I've just started playing the Zelda games and I started with and really loving Twilight Princess HD. I've been been wondering if I should play Windwaker but the game looks very juvenile/kiddish. Is it worth a play or should I just head onto Breath of the Wild?

submitted by /u/pasinduthegreat
[link] [comments]

How a Breath of the Wild-Inspired Majora's Mask Sequel Would Look

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:10 AM PST

[BotW] [Spoiler] Divine Beasts problem and possible solution

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 09:16 AM PST

I must start this by saying I loved the Divine Beasts. Their desings are astonishing, a perfect mixture of anciency and technology. The concept of them being tripuled by a member of each species is also great, like a Hyrulean Megazord. Even their dungeon mechanics are great, good replacements for the temples. But, as there's always a BUT, their ultimate use was a real waste. Ganon has control over them for a HUNDRED years but never use it to rampage, to kill and destroy, as they could very easily do with their size. He just kept them in specific places disturbing people with rain and magma rocks (which to the gorons is almost harmless). I know this version of Ganon is supposed to be mindless, not a schemer as it's previous incarnations, but even so we should expect more destruction coming from such giant robots. The possible explanation is Zelda's powers keeping Ganon from fully controlling them, so it's kinda okay. As for the GOOD GUYS use of them? BEAMS. Huge ones, of course, but that's it: Target the castle and BANG! It would be more simple to build cannons atop mountains instead of moving mechas. Now, here's my idea: Make the Blights always reborn before First Phase Ganon and keep the beams, but JUST to destroy them, not reducing Ganon energy bar. Fight "Spider" Ganon normally, than make him absorb every single piece of Malice and Guardians around Hyrule and grow to a HUGE Second Phase beast, proportional to Hyrule Castle, the most colossal Ganon we've ever seen. A boar infused with ancient technology, two or three times bigger than the one we actually fight. Then assemble the Divine Beasts into a swordsman holding giant versions of Guardian Sword and Shield, mentally trippuled by Link, like Pacific Rim, Evangelion etc. I can't say for sure how this would happen in game mechanics, but perhaps it would be a slower Link without bows, runes and champion's abilities, just parrying dark shots and flurry rushing the beast (or add something specific involving Zelda's Light energy). As for the people that wants to fight him in the beggining or with three or less divine beasts released? The final battle we already have. Ganon wouldn't absorb the malice, not growing so much, then Zelda would give Link the Light Bow.

submitted by /u/rikuchiha
[link] [comments]

BOTW Edit

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:43 AM PST

After beating the game?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:10 AM PST

So i just beat botw and i want to know whats next. i gathered all the shrines korok seeds ect

submitted by /u/BananaSage13
[link] [comments]

[BoTW] I'm a die hard zelda fan and i loved Breath of The Wild. I dont feel like it deserved game of the year.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:22 AM PST

I'm ready to be ripped apart by this opinion i know.

"There's so much you can do!" Damn right there is and they designed it to the finest detail which is beautiful. I love the shield surfing, the slow motion archery, the DOGS!!! The fact that there is so much to do is not my problem here.

"The story is so good!" THIS is my problem with it. Ive recently started playing twilight princess again and only had to beat the 1st temple before realizing i like TP and Skyward sword so much more than BoTW. I personally found the story EXTREMELY lacking and the characters were just unlovable. The first time they decide to bring in voice acting and Daruk sounds like the popular high school kid from a 90's movie. The story went no where for me, it was 5 main points where as previous titles (even Oot) had more story progression. I fell they focused more on gameplay value than story value.

"The Divine Beasts were so cool!" Can't go wrong there they are really cool. Although, with the physics and climbing in this game, the possibilities for dungeons and temples in this game are mind blowing. After hearing how this game was going to play, my mind was swimming with ideas for temples. After playing and beating it I was a little disappointed at the lack of storyline content. I would rather have my 12 temples over 4 "dungeons" that move any day.

I love the weapon/shield/armor system i think it's amazing but other than the combat and map scenarios (e.g. shrines, koroks, enemy encounters) the game felt very incomplete to me.

I was in denial of it for awhile until i started TP again, after seeing all the love of how its the perfect game i just wanted to share that not everyone feels that same way.

Alright now go ahead and attack me.

submitted by /u/Pickle_Riiick
[link] [comments]

How powerful is the Twilight Bow on Gold Monsters?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 03:19 AM PST

Link Skywalker - Master Saber

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:21 PM PST

I made a custom lightsaber for Link from the Legend of Zelda. Hope you all like it.

Images: https://imgur.com/a/3ltaI

Custom Sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhv1a24db73s18v/soundfont.mov?dl=0

submitted by /u/the24hrpartyzone
[link] [comments]

Going back to SS after BotW

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:10 AM PST

After we completed BotW my 5 year old son wanted to go back and play the "last game before that." So we're playing SS, just completed Skyview Temple, and there is only one thing I can think about:

The controls.

They seem so so so much worse after having played BotW. It's almost unplayable for me now. Combat for me is just miserable. Maybe I need some more time to get back into the hang of it, but considering that I've played through this game twice before and that this is a tentpole AAA game, it seems hard to forgive for the controls to be this imprecise. No matter how hard I try, I simply cannot consistently perform a straight stab, which is infuriating for me and my 5 year old while fighting Skulltulas.

He's played dozens of hours of BotW and he simply cannot play SS for 5 minutes because of how imprecise the controls are.

A second part of the controls that struck out to me was how much I miss having free control over the camera. Having to constantly point Link where I want to look and then Z target makes the game feel very claustrophobic to me.

All this said, as much as I love the story and dungeon design in SS, I cannot wait to get back to Breath of the Wild.

submitted by /u/demusdesign
[link] [comments]

Morning Blood Moon

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:53 AM PST

There's nothing amazing about this story, just something I wanted to share. For the most part, I've been fortunate enough not to run into many major glitches in all of my time playing Breath of the Wild, but yesterday I encountered a Blood Moon seemingly out of nowhere around 8am in-game time.

It really threw me as I was zipping around on the Master Cycle for a while, not really paying attention to the time of day, when I decided to get closer to the castle to run around. I crossed a river, approached Hyrule Forest Park, and gunned it towards the giant Guardian who patrols the area. Just as I got within about 20 feet of the Guardian, the game stopped for the Blood Moon cut scene then brought me back to the Guardian. I thought it was a bit odd since usually the music, the sky, and the dark matter that float from the ground are usually pretty hard to miss, but I just chalked it up to me being consumed by the moment and jumping around on the cycle. And since I went from the cut scene back to fighting a Guardian, it didn't dawn on me right away that it was in fact sunny and morning until I crossed the river again and noticed it was almost 10am.

I've had issues getting a blood moon to rise when I've been in need of one, but this was a first for me. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this the game's response to too many defeated overworld enemies? Prior to my victory ride, I did just come off of a pretty heavy Lizalfos/Hinox kill-spree.

Tl;dr: Stay down, blood moon. Wait your turn.

submitted by /u/TriforceUnleashed
[link] [comments]

I hope this is the right place for theories. Potential spoilers ahead.

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:31 AM PST

Two theories, not really fleshed out so I'm sorry if I upset anyone. First one is that the 10,000 years ago isn't exactly the future of all the other games in the DTL. The guardian lasers are almost the same as the beamos, so they could be one in the same. There is in game lore detailing Lord Doraphan taking on a guardian 100 years after he takes the throne. Who really knows how long ago that is but using the fact that the Zora monuments seem to have been constructed before the calamity we can decide that the guardians were active and wild as well, before the calamity. The lack of these guardians but the presence of stationary guardian type enemies feels like this game could take place after SS and OoT, but before the LoZ and AoL. The 10,000 years ago could pertain to Ganon's first appearance as a monster before he assumed human form. After this game you leave as Link to explore a destroyed Hyrule, a Hyrule that BotW makes sure to tell you is up and running and lively before the calamity, things that are missing from LoZ and AoL. Then there are Shiekah artefacts strewn throughout the games, like the lens/mask off truth, the Pegasus boots, cloud jar from Minish Cap, beamos, bomb Chu's, hell there are even conveyer belts and claw machine games. The only other claw device we see is the Akkala Research facility, which is a Sheikah building (unless you also count the grapple hook from WW). So yeah, the presence of tech to me doesn't wholesale support a far future universe, so I'm placing this game before the original 2.

Now onto the other one, and this one is here simply to explain the new mechanics we gained and the old mechanics we lost. Simply put, BotW is a Zelda game that is actually happening while the other games are simply legends, or stories about what happened. Some other games may be real too so it would be cool to figure out which ones are real and which are legends. The reason why I think this game is "real" and not a story books down to Link's interaction with his environment. The presence and usability of things like weapons and different outfits. In this game almost every weapon has durability, like they would in real life as opposed to the unbreakable weapons in the past. There are animals, plants, herbs, meats you can carve from wild animals, collections of otherwise uncollectable or mundane things, a severe lack of rupees in the grass. In stories, those elements are typically left out in favor of more heroic deeds. The lack of area/story/item gating. As in real life the only thing stopping you is your physical ability to get to where you want to go. On top of that you have an entire world filled mostly with nothing, just like real life. Not everywhere is interesting enough to get a story about, so in the real version of the Zelda universe you get everything, including the boring places, whereas in stories you would only hear about the worthwhile places.

So there you have it. My theories about the placement in the timeline and the explanation of gameplay elements that arise in this game. What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/Dising
[link] [comments]

Forest Breeze, Link and Epona. (Fan Art)

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 08:23 AM PST

Tried sketching Link in the lovely Hero of the Wild clothes

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:14 PM PST

It's a great set of clothes and reminds me of the link from the old NES games

https://m.imgur.com/a/aGq08

Also dae love that hero title? Hero of the wild, so enigmatic !

submitted by /u/Chancellor_Palpatine
[link] [comments]

Anybody else think that Link in Wind Waker controls a little awkwardly?

Posted: 12 Feb 2018 06:39 AM PST

Maybe it's because I played Breath of the Wild most recently, but I'm going through WW HD and Link's movement is just kind of...slippery. Then the camera, especially when locking on to an enemy, often feels wonky.

submitted by /u/DaveyRocketXX
[link] [comments]

Oracle games...

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 04:22 PM PST

I'm going to get a 3DS soon to play the Zelda games I've never played. I have some questions about the Oracle games though.

Do I need to get both of them or are they the same game with minor differences (I'm thinking like Pokemon Red and Blue). Will I get the full experience playing just one or do I really need both. Also, how does the linking thing work If I'm just playing by myself?

submitted by /u/Shorty30
[link] [comments]

When Link's Idle Animation Messes With Your Ocarina Of Time Speed Run

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:30 PM PST

Link just had to go swing his sword.

For those of you who don't watch OoT speed runs, basically through a glitch called Infinite Sword Glitch, Link's sword is always in a state that does damage, even if you aren't swinging. Bongo Bongo is supposed to fly into Links sword and die from the Infinite Sword Glitch. However unfortunately here Link did one of his idle animations and moved his sword, a bad time was had.

submitted by /u/GIVE_ME_GOLD_THANKS
[link] [comments]

What is your favorite zelda music all time?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 03:43 PM PST

Hello guys, I know that there are so many great music in entire Zelda series, but if you pick only one song that you love, what can it be? for me is the song of storms, playing in the windmill, in the series of ocarina of time. I remember that while i was playing that series, I constantly went to the windmill to listen that song. so, what's your favorite, guys?

submitted by /u/guraboys
[link] [comments]

Regarding all of the Legend of Zelda games, which version of Ganon/Ganondorf is you favorite? Why?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 08:48 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.