Pokémon GO - Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2018


Weekly questions, bugs, and gameplay megathread - February 2018

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:11 AM PST

Temporary FAQ:

  • LEGENDARIES - Three Legendary Beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) available, rotating continents on 30 September, then finally rotating on 31 October.

  • LEGENDARIES - MewTwo available via invitation-only EX Raids.

  • Known Issues Page

  • Raids and Battles - open to all Gym-eligible Trainers (Level 5+) as of July 1st

Consider asking your question here, instead of making a post and have it buried!

Also, to prevent redundancy, do consider doing a CTRL+F in this thread or a subreddit search query for your question!


Rules

Please note: ONLY AR Screenshots are allowed as image posts. Any other screenshots MUST be submitted as text posts with a link to the image

Past Q&A Megathreads


Known bugs (some have possibly been fixed):

See here for Niantic-recognized bugs.

  • New: Shadow-Bans If you have ever used a third-party service (such as an IV checker) that required you to log into your Pokemon Go account, and/or you have ever received a warning message about unauthorized access, you may have recently been "shadow-banned". You can still play the game like normally, but only common Pokemon will show up and you will not see "rare" spawns while others will. You will need to remove any such services, revoke their authorizations, change your password, etc. Roughly a week after doing so, people have reported the shadow-bans being lifted for legitimate players.

  • New in 0.59.1 The Pokédex displays genders for Pokémon you have caught, if applicable. However, code for genders was only added sometime in December/January. Any Pokémon caught/evolved prior to that will have a (randomly assigned?) gender in the Inventory, but will not properly display the gender in the Pokédex.

  • Sometimes while the game is loading it will get stuck on a white screen. This seems to be due to an anti-bot "Captcha" screen that didn't load correctly, and can usually be fixed by restarting the app.

  • There is a bug with the GPS not connecting properly, which results in nearby Pokémon spawns disappearing for a few minutes.

  • The game will randomly crash sometimes. Having the most updated version of the app and the most updated version of your operating system tends to minimize this, but it still happens.

  • There are graphical glitches sometimes where a Pokémon will spawn as a "miniature" version of itself. If you restart the app and are still close enough, it should reappear normally and be clickable.

  • There is a bug sometimes while battling a gym if you don't have a great connection. If you dodge an attack that would otherwise kill you, sometimes the game won't register the dodge and your Pokémon will "faint". Then the game will sync with the server and undo the damage that you dodged, but your Pokémon still shows as fainted and you can't actually attack.

  • If phone time is not set to Automatic, Incense and Lures may not work properly. Fix this by setting time to Automatic (in your phone's Time/Date settings)


Instruction Manual


Useful Links


I'm sick of the memes here, I want the discussion posts!

try http://nr.reddit.com/r/pokemongo for desktop users or this for mobile/app users.


Niantic support : https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us

/r/PokemonGO FAQ: /r/PokemonGo/wiki/FAQ


There's this Pokéstop/Gym near me which seems inappropriate. Can I report it?

Use this link. However, Niantic seems to be preoccupied with other things now, so don't expect too much.

We have Niantic representatives on both here and /r/TheSilphRoad - please do not ping them for bugs which are in the known issues page unless you have found a niche yet gamebreaking issue/exploit.


Where can I find other players in my area?

Try our regional subreddits list! Also, see the related subreddits for more niche needs!


If you have any suggestions for FAQs to append to this thread or for meta questions, message the moderators or mention /u/PokemonGoMods!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Salty Sunday - Rage Rants and complaints

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 10:09 AM PST

Have you been the one missing the Mewtwo EX raidpass? Maybe you haven't been lucky the whole week and that damn raid Tyrannitar ran and everyone else caught him.

Or the worst part, maybe it's monday again?!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Here we rant about everything that goes wrong, someone who sniped a gymspot (  ̄Д ̄), a missed Tyrannitar again (ಠ_ಠ) or that stupid bug which made you miss your raid because of the server desync, ending the raid prematurely (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

No personal insults, no trolls and provocation but all salty stuff is accepted.

  • Only salty posts allowed ( ಠ_ಠ )

  • No uncivilty or personal information allowed. ☜(`o´)

  • Complaints can be posted here as well, agree that stuff needs to change here as well, like the spawn rate or gym bugs.

    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Don't forget to hydrate after all the salt!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:36 AM PST

How Draco Meteor animation looks like

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 04:35 PM PST

Shiny Absol's bright red color almost makes it pop right out of the screen! (My friend and I got the same Shiny Absol!)

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 12:50 PM PST

[Humor] That Feeling when you find your Go Plus Caught a Shiny

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 10:35 AM PST

[Screenshot] Wingull nest I came across today

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 12:03 PM PST

Live Look @ Local Discord

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 08:43 AM PST

Awesome gift!

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 02:00 PM PST

[Photo] "This playful Pokémon loves to startle people by forcefully snorting out seawater it stores inside its body out of its nostrils."

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 01:40 PM PST

With every new set of released Pokémon, I want to thank everybody who puts new ones in gyms

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 10:40 AM PST

I personally love it when people do this, it let's me put the shadow in the Pokedex, so I can see what else I need to catch. This is especially great because I love the game, but only really know the first generation, with a few scattered here and there.

submitted by /u/lllllllillllllllllll
[link] [comments]

[Idea] Show damage points on battle screen

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 02:46 PM PST

For me, it would be a great improvement to have a battle screen that shows damage points.

Let's say I power up a poke from level 20 to level 40. Then I participate in legendary raids with a lot of people. I really don't get a feeling of the poke's improvement because all I get to see is the +1/+2/+3 damage at the end, in which the whole battle is summarized and the number of trainers, their contribution and the rest of my poke-team have a lot of influence. So I don't really get to see how good my maxed out Articuno really is now.

I'd love to be able to see the damage that my quick attack is doing. I'd love to feel how I'm destroying that Rayquaza with my Articuno with every hit.

Also I'd like to suffer when I get to see how much damage Rayquaza did to my ice type attacker when using Ancient Power.

I get that too much information on screen is not the best when it comes to user interfaces. But I think a UI should show the details that matter. What I suggest is just the typical number that pops up and disappears immediately, and could be very informative:

  • Font size could be used depending on the quantity (for example, you can see in the example bigger size for 100+ damage)
  • Font colour could show effectiveness: For example: Green/yellow for super-effective/double super-effective. White for neutral. Red/orange for resistant/double-resistant. Also, note that this could also motivate trainers to power up more. Trainers would love to reach milestone such as 400 damage in one hit, for example.

What do you think about this?

Note: my photoshop and design skills are awful, but I'm sure this could be done in a way that looks great.

submitted by /u/tio_grande
[link] [comments]

[Story] It's so easy to tell when Vehicles are playing Pokemon Go haha

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:42 PM PST

This dude Parks outside my House on the opposite side of my House for like 5 minutes (which is enough time for the Game to Load up and Spawns to Appear) drives up the road 2 Houses down stops for a minute then drives off.

My Parents not being Hip are like watching what is this guy doing, is he playing "that game". I'm listening to them and I just had to face palm myself silently saying "Yes he's playing "that game".

My (Mom) parents get all weird when people pull up on the side of the curve for like 2 minutes. Regardless it's not just this game but it's obvious he was playing Go because I do the same motions in my car.

submitted by /u/Stevemagegod
[link] [comments]

Is this rare? I haven't kept up with Gen 3.

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:24 PM PST

It was a pretty awesome feeling when you're on Team Instinct and you had enough Instinct players to do a private group for an EX Raid

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:20 AM PST

It's just awesome most of the time I get made fun of for being on Instinct when I am hunting down Legendary Pokemon and all I see in the lobby is Mystic or Valor.

Then I got invited to do an EX Raid in an area I don't usually raid in and a ton of Instinct people showed up! It was awesome to hear Mystic trying to show off that they had gym control and when it was time to split into times the Majority of players were Instinct.

Never underestimate the underdog!

P.S: Don't worry Mystic and Valor teamed up and had enough players to take down Mewtwo :)

submitted by /u/PlayfulTitan18
[link] [comments]

[complaint] why take scyther out of the t3 raids and also, why add azumarill?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 05:14 AM PST

I mean, I appreciate the rest of the modifications, since there is no other way I could get good ice types, living somewhere that it never gets below zero degrees, but marill is really common and azumarill isn't even a good rayquaza counter, whereas Scisor is one of the best Mewtwo counters...

submitted by /u/jab136
[link] [comments]

Will swablu be this popular after the event ends?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 06:04 PM PST

Does anyone know what website this is from. I'm looking for an updated version to the list but I can't find

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 11:19 AM PST

Random freezes on IOS 11.

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 01:16 PM PST

Someone else had issues with random freezes with an iPhone 6 iOS 11? It seems it's happening mostly random, but nearly all the time when feeding berries to mons in gyms :(

submitted by /u/Witchmaster69
[link] [comments]

Tortoal was appeared in south Kazakhstan

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:25 PM PST

Rule 2b

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 01:49 PM PST

Is the rule 2b actually policed? There are incredibly many people violating that rule and I wonder if that rule is still up-to-date or whether this rule has been abandoned.

submitted by /u/IDontSpoofNiantic
[link] [comments]

It's your time to shine!

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 10:11 PM PST

Do you recommend me evolving this beauty, even do it’s not as high iv’s as I wanted. I really want to see my flygon. ��

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 07:23 PM PST

struggling person, trying to get into game

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:32 AM PST

Due to some personal issues I have some problems getting out of the house. Someone with a simular issue recommended pokemon go. Problem is I haven't played pokemon in forever and I don't really know anything about them or this particular game. I tried looking up a guide but it seems they are all from mid to early 2017 and from what I understand, there has been some major updates since then, particularly concerning gyms and raid (I still don't even understand what raids are).

Can someone point me toward an up to date guide? I understand you guys have an FAQ but that's not really sufficient for my needs as I'm starting from scratch here.

In particular I'd like to know (besides what I already mentioned) which pokemon are worth keeping. How to play effectively without paying anything if possible (I'm on a budget).

The rest I think I pretty much found online. I found a good explaintation of what IV was. Although I'm a little confused as to what the number actually means and how it related to CR. Also I found a list of pokemon and their counters which was helpful, but a little overwhelming. Like even I know Lugia is rare, where am I going to find a Lugia?!

Anyway thanks for the help guys!

Edit: just realized I've been saying CR instead of CP lol can you tell I play D&D? Oh well I'm going to leave it because it made me laugh. Hopefully any D&D players out there will appreciate the humor in the mistake.

submitted by /u/Sosaythedice
[link] [comments]

Should I evolve my shiny Swablu with bad ivs or high level with decent IVS

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:57 PM PST

I have a shiny Swablu 270 Cp and has 'decent' IVs. I also have a 571 cp that has 'amazing ' IVs. What are your thoughts on evolving.. I know Altaria max CP isn't great, so it's it worth having the shiny with a crappy cp? I have the candy but don't feel like hunting down another ~100 Swablu

submitted by /u/stanfromamericandad
[link] [comments]

What Pokemon is this?

Posted: 11 Feb 2018 09:35 PM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.