Guild Wars 2 - Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - February 10, 2018


Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - February 10, 2018

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 05:09 AM PST

This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

Resources:

Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Palawa Joko, the Inevitable, the last Primeval King, the Undying, the Scourge of Vabbi, the Feared, the Beloved, the Eternal Monarch of All

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 11:54 AM PST

Gem Store Bundles Driving Me Nuts

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 11:57 AM PST

I want to purchase someone I like a flower bundle for Valentine's day, I need a total identity, and I don't want to gift a wedding dress because that's weird.

I have a copper fed and want a silver fed. I did not get the silver fed because it came with a copper fed.

I purchase gems, not sure WHY though if they keep trying to con me over with this bullshit. There is already artificial scarcity on this stuff anyway.

Give it a rest with this aggressive trash it pisses everyone off.

submitted by /u/Texan_Kosmonaut
[link] [comments]

Celebrating as deserved

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 06:23 PM PST

Scourge Eye Cancer in WvW

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 03:06 PM PST

As title says, can we have option to disable these flashy circles? It's honestly disturbing, even if it's purpose is to give ppl some warning about the skills going off. See a zerg with 20-30 scourges in fights and you will know what I mean.

submitted by /u/Atoss
[link] [comments]

TIL you can get into the Omphalos Chamber with a Springer and talk to three cut NPCs, including this one who bet that you would die!

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 04:59 PM PST

Sword Holosmith - 33.8k

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 08:00 AM PST

Hey and enjoy

Build

Guild: https://snowcrows.com

Check out our discord if you have any questions.

submitted by /u/hintkei
[link] [comments]

Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock changes from 6th Febuary

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 06:13 PM PST

I've just finished updating the Wardrobe Unlock Analyser site with all the changes from this weeks patches (and fixed a couple of bugs), and I thought I'ld share the details of the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock changes for those interested:

Additions:

  • 5 Armor skins: The Foefire armor set, Swaggering Hat and Fuzzy Aurene Hat

  • 50 weapon skins: Abbadon, Keepsake and War God's Black Lion weapon sets and the God-Slayer Longbow + Shortbow

  • 3 back skins: Dynamics Projector, Golden Zephyr Backpiece and Largos Fin Backpack

  • 1 mini: Dwayna's Messenger

  • 1 outfit: Dynamics Exo-Suit

  • 5 gliders: Dynamics Glider Module, Abaddon's, Feathers of the Zephyr, Geomancer and Largos Fin

It is also worth noting that some armor skins where all weight classes unlock together have multiple entries in the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock for different weight classes. For example, the three Zephyrite Helms have entries for both medium and light weights. This doesn't really affect the contents, but it does affect probabilities - you are more likely to get these skins. These seem to change each time ANet alter the contents, with this time around duplicates of the Toxic hand skins being removed but duplicates added for the Zephyrite Helms, Stag Helm and Scarlet's shoulders.

submitted by /u/immortius
[link] [comments]

Shout out to the Devs for making Herald aspects now reactivate upon dismount

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 07:54 AM PST

Just noticed this while map comping Kessex, and I'm pretty sure it's new in this latest round of patches.

EDIT: It's in the notes but this is huge oO

Herald: Facets that were active when mounting will now reactivate when you dismount.

This may get buried under other stuff but I'd like to give a massive thank you to the devs for making this happen :D

submitted by /u/TehAn0mollie
[link] [comments]

Don't steal my participation, ANet!

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 05:07 AM PST

Although this might not be a frequent thing, I think that this ought to be adressed.

Today after going through the whole DS meta-event, we are finally going through the boss fight. We're almost done - less than five minutes to the end. I needed this meta because I wanted to explore the map, talk with the merchant and get my reward. We've got great squad. Everything's going smoothly.

Except when I get DC.

I struggle to go back due to my internet or receiver refusing to work, but after ~5 minutes I am back in the GW.

Still in squad I can see that they've just finished the event - players are still moving to the chest.

The thing is, I'm on the seperate instance. The one where there wasn't any squad for meta. And the thing is, I can't join my previous instance, because it's "closed" for people who aren't already there.

How is this fair? I've played through the whole meta and got DCd at the very end. Couldn't you try to keep track of my progress for some time, so that situation like this won't happen? I know that DC isn't your fault, but I've managed to go back. I couldn't get my reward, even though I've participated in the whole event. I couldn't speak to the merchant. I couldn't explore the map.

I've wasted over an hour on this meta, and I can't get what I wanted. I also have to spend another hour doing this over again, not to mention that I have to find a meta map first, which isn't easy or sometimes possible.

Please, do something about this. I am sure I'm not the first nor the last one to suffer from this. Allowing me to go back within 10-15 minutes of going offline doesn't seem like a problem, especially when it's you who closed the map.

submitted by /u/CallMeMalice
[link] [comments]

All i want is a Corgi Mount

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 12:02 PM PST

Drooburt can starve this year for all I care.

Posted: 09 Feb 2018 08:25 PM PST

The droprate of the dumplings is abysmal even with almost 950% magic find. I mean the guy had to open 10K envelopes and he didn't even get enough for the achievement. The prices of each dumpling is over 1g now, so we're talking 500g for the same type of achievement that cost a fraction of that in the other festivals. Does anyone know for certain if this achievement can be done next year without sacrificing the AP for it this year? I'm hoping that maybe next year Drooburt will be less of a greedy bastard.

submitted by /u/Kantoku83
[link] [comments]

griffon aerodynamics testing in elonian windtunnel (1924, colorized)

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 06:01 PM PST

[Rotations] Yet another set of chrono rotations!

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 08:29 AM PST

I've seen a bunch of new chrono rotations pop up since the patch and figured I'd share what I've figured out so far. All of these rotations have nice loops and nice simple rules to follow in order to get everything off cooldown and ready for every Continuum Split cycle.

All of the builds use Sword/Shield + Sword (and you can take focus instead of the off-hand sword if required by the encounter). Only the dueling build uses time warp.

The builds I used are:

The traits for each of the builds are shown in the videos. The gear is generally the same as before, so zerk+commander mix with Leadership runes, resulting in 67% boon duration + Concentration sigil. I used different combinations of gear in the videos because I like maximizing the dps, but if you just care about boons, there's no need to change anything (except maybe for Chaos, since you get a lot of free boon duration from Chaotic Persistence).

Domi-Insp is still useful, but I was playing around with the other builds too much to find a smooth flowing rotation. Also, since you need Seize the Moment to jump start your rotation without Time Warp, the dps is quite low compared to Illu-Insp because you don't have the second phantasm attack from Chronophantasma. The Chaos rotation can somewhat replace the utility that Domi provides since it provides a shitton of Aegis and Stability (you can shatter before SoI and share Stability to the entire party, useful for Gorse, Samarog and Deimos). The big advantage of Chaos over Domi is the crazy amount of boons it puts out.

I'm still trying out the builds in actual raids, but so far they seem to be doing the job. Chaos is very good in fractals, Dueling can provide enough boons on Sabetha, Cairn and MO, while Illu-Insp is the easiest to play and keep up boons and does decent damage.

submitted by /u/ChiroTheWizard
[link] [comments]

A quick thank you post for Anet.

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 07:11 PM PST

This was my first day as a commander and i want to say i felt great leading 50 people at the same time. I know there is nothing special in bounty runs and i know i will be getting used to it but when i saw 50 people following me on my back, it made me smile. Here is a SS from my first 50 man squad; https://imgur.com/a/RQcWn

I've played many MMORPG's and this game has many special things for sure. There is a huge potential in this game and i wish Anet would/will use it better.

Edit: I don't know what kind of mechanics can be added to game but new commander functions/masteries would be very nice.

submitted by /u/Akaroth_pauses
[link] [comments]

Least played profession in gw2 and why

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 06:52 PM PST

As the title, I'd like to know what is the least played profession

submitted by /u/vischy
[link] [comments]

Why are Ectos and T6 so underpriced now?

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 01:50 AM PST

Had a break from the game for like 3 months, and ectos are less than 20s while they were 30s/35s some months ago. Is there some reason for this? What are some materials which instead saw their price increased?

submitted by /u/EdguardNewgate
[link] [comments]

[Ruins of Surnia] Super Mega Lesbian Dance Party

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 06:40 PM PST

Best way/site to share TacO marker packs with the community?

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 03:04 PM PST

I've posted marker packs before, but the links expire over time. I would use something like Google Drive if it didn't link to all my files or display my account name (not sure if it does this since I haven't tried it).

Ideally, I'm looking for a free site with no file/link expiration where I could link to each file individually instead of my entire box. A high storage limit would also be nice, but not that important since marker packs are small in size.

Anyone have any experience with file sharing? Is Mediafire any good or is there a better option? Dropbox??? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

submitted by /u/antm753
[link] [comments]

Any other thieves completely fed up with teammates blaming them in ranked?

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 07:27 PM PST

God damn, I've made it to plat 2, and I have 2k games on thief, and people still pretend like they know how to do my job better than me. I've had high-golds (which somehow make it into mid-plat games) without a single game on thief tell me I'm not thiefing properly

"y u no decap, useless teef?" while there's a bunker plopped on far.

"y u no come mid," while half our team is already downed with 1 left against 3.

I've never seen anyone trash any other class as hard as they do thief. Even the enemy team will trash their own thief in map chat.

Sometimes I'm just so close to just not leaving spawn. Really, trashing on us isn't going to make you win the team-fights that you're losing, or increase the chance of winning.

So like, if you see your teammates trashing on your thief, just remember that this is how we feel about that.

Also, of the last 100 games I've played with 2 thieves, I've won 53 of them (yes, I counted specifically because I had to prove to myself that double thieves don't equal game losses. So this whole "double-thief is throw" meme is getting kind of old.

Just, I guess, be nice to thieves plz

submitted by /u/Pwadigy
[link] [comments]

Arenanet support

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 07:27 PM PST

My account has been compromised and I have submitted multiple tickets over the past weeks and havent gotten a single response to any of them. What is going on?

submitted by /u/thetrendpimp
[link] [comments]

What is the current state of the Revenant?

Posted: 10 Feb 2018 01:12 PM PST

Wanted to make a revenant and possibly even main him if I could. I know that for a long time the revenant has kinda been useless but Im not sure about now as I havent played the game for a few months. I do more PvE than PvP, but I still wanna know how useful a revenant is in PvP and WvW. As well, are they "discriminated" in dungeon and raid lobbies? Thanks. :)

submitted by /u/guccitoucan
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.