Fallout - Power Armour Inspired Helmet


Power Armour Inspired Helmet

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:02 AM PST

Here is the Helmet design I've been working on for so long and just finished. Definitely the most detail and time I've put into a single piece of work!

Really happy with the outcome and can't wait to start the next one :)

submitted by /u/Stoobsmoorez
[link] [comments]

Poor Freeside thugs

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 09:08 AM PST

Has anybody else spent copious amounts of time modding FO4 and when you're finally happy, you don't feel like actually starting a game?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 02:34 PM PST

Starting my first actual playthrough of New Vegas the right way

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:18 AM PST

https://imgur.com/a/Wadno

My first time playing New Vegas was just after Fallout 4 came out, and being such a big fan of that formula, I kinda expected New Vegas to be the same way. I had played Fallout 3 when it came out but after the base game ending, I stopped playing it because I just thought the ending was dumb. From Fallout 4 I liked all the condensed environment having something to do at every place you go. When I first played New Vegas I just thought it was empty and boring but now I'm going to give it another shot and follow the story closely. Maybe now I'll see why everyone praises the game so much.

submitted by /u/FullMoon1108
[link] [comments]

Memorable weapons?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 10:58 AM PST

What would you guys consider to be the best/most iconic weapon you used during your travels in the wastes?

submitted by /u/TheFrogMan19
[link] [comments]

It would be cool to see the LW rebuild an abandoned city on par with Diamond City or Goodneighbor, while it parallels with unique NPCs and quests.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 11:48 AM PST

Say the LW walks into a an empty Diamond City and for it to become a booming center of commerce, entertainment, and community the LW has to rebuild it. Certain quests could lead you to find new vendors, citizens, a mayor, police force etc. The characters you find are NPCs and are not dependent of you the way settlers are. As shop keepers, public figures, and residents start to move in, the city becomes unique based off who you chose for the specific roles during your quests. Depending on the actions of the LW the city can either become a safe haven for all, perhaps it's become a city mecca for crime and gangs, or you've turned it over to a certain faction in the game.

submitted by /u/GoldenBullNards
[link] [comments]

F:NV Sniper kills beyond Visual/Rendered Range, possible bug or just wierd occurrence.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 10:06 AM PST

So i am playing FNV (again) and went to one of my favorite builds, Sniping.

So i like to snipe with unscopped weapons (Medicine Stick, Hunting Rifle, Cowboy Rep, etc)

While i was screwing around Fiend territory and saw a fiend, at the distance, i pop "Paciencia" im reading to take the shot, and the enemy model was so far away that it "unrendered" you know like when an object gets at a certain distance it "appears" or renders ino the scenery. So i take the shot to thin air when he was half a second ago, and i noticed the XP bar go off. (I Have kill cam off).

So my question is, how was this possible? The most likely possibilty is that the fiend model didnt completely "dissapeared" just went beyond the range of the game engine? idk.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Thinguy123
[link] [comments]

I haven't played Fallout 4 since around the DLC releases

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 01:26 PM PST

I played religiously almost every day, until my son was born in April 2016, right when the DLC was releasing. I played one time after Automatron was released, interacted with Ada for a while, and haven't played since. My question to you all is: with all of the DLC out for over a year, would you suggest jumping back in with my character I had before and experiencing it as a higher level, or starting fresh and redoing the story with the DLC to extend it and give me new options?

submitted by /u/randy_maverick
[link] [comments]

Could Dual-Wielding Work in Fallout?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:44 AM PST

Something that strikes me about Bethesda (+ ID)'s catalogue of games is the growing presence of dual-wielding, in some capacity. Skyrim and Wolfenstein both make good use of the mechanic to enjoyable effects, increasing your lethality at the expense of your survivability and accuracy, and I think such a mechanic wouldn't be unsuitable for Fallout, if well implemented:

Imagine I have two 10mm Pistols, with a STR requirement of 2 each. If I have 4 STR, I can dual-wield those pistols. If my character's STR matches or exceeds the combined STR requirements of two weapons they can be held simultaneously. The cost, of course, is no aiming, no grenades and a slower reload. At lower levels, two weapons could help even the odds against large, thorny targets like Deathclaws, whereas high levels could adopt a "gun-zerker" build with the sort of twin-LMG madness that few games provide. Dual-wielding melee weapons could also be entertaining, but it would have to be better fleshed out than Skyrim's system was.

Just an idea, obviously, but it would mesh well with pre-existing perks within Fallout. Weapon Handling, Rapid Reload and other similar perks would have more utility, and more stuff to do is rarely a bad thing in an RPG.

submitted by /u/xPLASMAx21
[link] [comments]

A Choice In New Vegas That’s Sad As Hell

Posted: 01 Feb 2018 08:50 PM PST

I started playing New Vegas again, this time as a greedy, violent, Daniel Plainview-meets-Trevor Philips type of guy, and I wanted to be consistent no matter how much of a bastard my character had the potential to be.

I started this character by allying with the Powder Gangers against Goodsprings- seemed like something this guy would do- and moved along after massacring the whole town, including the doctor who saved my life.

I romped about the Mojave, scavenging and looting for supplies, and murdering to make a quick buck. I got to North Vegas and began the "Someone To Watch Over Me" quest. SPOILERS, obviously, for people who don't want the quest ruined, but I went about shooting the squatters after they didn't immediately move, then shot down a group of greasers causing problems.

I got to the last third of the quest, where I have to help out Mrs. Hostetler and get her daughter back. I talked with the guy that the mom wanted away from her daughter, and chose to rob Mrs. Hostetler with Andy and her daughter, who turned against her. I got to the house and saw the daughter, Alice.

I went through the speech checks, and eventually decided that my character would kill the daughter if she was being a problem here; and I did so. The mom ran in and cried over the body of her daughter, and I shot the mom too after she tried killing me. The music went this really ambient, quiet, sad piece, different from what's usually in New Vegas.

I looked at the mother and daughter, side by side in death, and it's the most heartbreaking thing I've seen in a video game; and it's one of the few times that I really chose that outcome. Other video games may have real sad things in them, no doubt, but knowing that the decisions I made created that situation makes it all the more sad to play.

TLDR: The final third to the "Someone To Watch Over Me" quest in New Vegas has a really heartbreaking choice that can be made, and it shows why video games can evoke emotion in a way other mediums really can't.

submitted by /u/MrMortsnarg
[link] [comments]

Integrating Town exploration into FO4’s settlement system

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 08:58 AM PST

I came across a post the other day suggesting a mod that reduced player commitment to settlement building, I think it was SimSettlements. I really liked the concept but it still felt like a patch rather than a full solution to FO4's lack of interesting explorable towns. I think I might have come up with a proper solution, and was interested having some of the rest of you poke holes in it.

One of my major complaints with Fallout 4 was the lack of proper towns. You've got Diamond City and Goodneighbor, along with a few "half" towns and settlements like the Atom Cats Garage, but overall the whole map seems diluted because your settlements are filled with generic settlers who do nothing but slave away and generate generic quests.

So my problem was how to fix this bland and uninteresting gameplay without removing the building/customization aspects of settlements. I think the sweet spot between control/customization and realistic role play is semi-autonomous settlements with scripted settlers, controlled by a leveling system.

So, as a potential example. You clear Starlight Drive-in. You set up a beacon. At this point, your workshop becomes active and one "plot" becomes available for building. The game asks you to set another 30x30 foot square as your next development, and gives you a resource goal to meet. X metal, x glass, x copper, etc.

When you meet this goal (by dropping resources in the workbench) a new settler arrives and autonomously sets up a home/business. You might be notified in your travels that this has occurred by a traveling merchant or radio announcement ("Starlight Drive-In is starting to get big, I'm going to have to start making more trips out there before someone moves in on my territory.") When you make your way back around, you get a new square to designate for the next building and a new resource goal. You can also expand or edit the business that your newest settler built autonomously in your absence, a mayor helping out his citizens so to speak.

By bringing in pre-scripted settlers you could set branching quest paths and interesting characters that would pop up throughout your play through, and have a real reason to check in on your settlements other than picking up resources. It also opens up unique quest lines related to new settlements. Maybe the 8th settler that shows up is Nuka Cola obsessed. Her house is covered in neon Nuka Cola signs and the other settlers are about to murder her because she won't turn the lights off at night and it's turning their settlement into a raider beacon at night. Maybe two farmers move into the same settlement and are sabotaging each other's crops at night and the other settlers are starving b/c of the feud, and you have to get them to play nice, chase one out, or assassinate one so the settlement doesn't starve.

It would take a bit of control away, in that each settlement would have certain resources predetermined (this settlement, when fully leveled, will have a weapon shop, armor shop and general store but has to trade for food, but that one might have tons of farmland but needs help with security. It's up to you to work deals between settlements to cover what's lacking.). But it would still allow you to build your own housing and develop common areas, as well as make changes to settler buildings which the settlers would then auto-populate with relevant furniture and items to their profession/personality.

I think this might be the best way to foster investment and interest in settlements from a world-building perspective while preserving the customization that Fallout 4 did so well.

submitted by /u/GandhiOwnsYou
[link] [comments]

9 or 10 Intelligence in New Vegas

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 12:36 PM PST

So since Int affects skill points gained in New Vegas, I've always just maxed it at the base and went on from there because I enjoy having the maximum possible number of skill points.

However, I've also often been told that it is better to get nine and just pay the not-insignificant fee to get the Implant later on.

Why, though? Wouldn't I be missing out on more skill points that way?

submitted by /u/Darkfeather21
[link] [comments]

Need help with Fallout 3 on WIndows 10 64 bit.

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 01:47 PM PST

Decided to play through fallout 3 again, but i can't seem to get the game to run. I've disabled windows live, done the ini edits, tried compatibility modes and running as admin but the game gets to the "Please Wait" slide on the start up and then it stops responding and tells me to close it and won't do anything after that. Both Vanilla and modded crash. The game version is the Steam GOTY version. I'm curious if anyone has tried to play recently and fixed their game and can tell me how they did.

submitted by /u/thebluerayxx
[link] [comments]

[F4 Spoilers] What is the lock-in point for choosing your faction?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 03:19 PM PST

I want to play all the factions against one another and end with the Minutemen being the undisputed masters of the Commonwealth.

I was hoping to follow the BoS questline until Tactical Thinking, though I wouldn't want to finish Nuclear Option with them because I don't want Liberty Prime to be activated. Is that at all possible, or would I have to finish the game with the Brotherhood if I get that far along their questline? It's not a big deal if I do, I'll just pretend that the Minutemen are keeping Prime around to be reprogrammed later on.

Also, how far can I progress in the Railroad and Institute questlines before I get locked in with those factions?

submitted by /u/op__blue
[link] [comments]

Is Fallout 4 worth $300?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 07:29 AM PST

So here's my situation... I could never get into Fallout 3 for some reason, but I fell totally in love with New Vegas. Like a really unhealthy kind of love, it's easily one of my top three games of all time. Now being a grown ass gainfully employed man dropping $40 on a game I might not get into isn't that big of an issue, it's that I'm going to have to drop $300 to either upgrade my rig or get a console. So I guess on a scale of 1 - 10 how good is FO4 in relation to New Vegas? As far as I'm concerned NV got everything right in a video game, and it's only short comings are from engine limitations and time constraints on Obsidian.

submitted by /u/pheakelmatters
[link] [comments]

[FO3] The eerie swamplands of Point Lookout

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 12:29 PM PST

Cool name for a New York Fallout setting?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 12:40 PM PST

Some background, I'm running a tabletop Fallout RPG with some friends and I decided we'd be playing in our native land, the NY/LI region. We started out in western LI (Nassau, for those of you who are also New Yorkers) and are working our way toward the city.

Now, I'd like to request some suggestions you may have for a cool name for the general region. Similar to how DC is called the "Capital Wasteland" or Boston is known as the "Commonwealth". It's a fairly lighthearted campaign, focusing on the more wacky elements of Fallout, so nothing too fire and brimstone. What do you lot think? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

submitted by /u/Nigerian_Princess34
[link] [comments]

Looking for an Enclave SnapBack

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:16 PM PST

I really want a Enclave hat but I can't find one. Anyone on here know where I could find one? I want one with the Enclave logo.

submitted by /u/zTwiDashz
[link] [comments]

HELP(Companions not talking) FO4

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 04:09 PM PST

I don't have any mods and if gone back and loaded some old save files, same thing occures until REALY far back way before this bug started. If ANYONE has a fix please tell me

submitted by /u/Userofname2
[link] [comments]

Cleaning up the Commonwealth.

Posted: 01 Feb 2018 10:14 PM PST

I've recently started a new Survival playthrough on Fallout 4, and I've decided that I'm going to clean up the Commonwealth in the most literal way possible. I've started taking everything I can possibly drag with me to any nearby settlements and scrapping them down, slowly but surely disposing of all the garbage and waste in the wasteland.

Here's my most recent haul taken from Tucker Memorial Bridge (the one that explodes): https://imgur.com/a/4KkBw

Anyone know any Mods that would make this job easier? I'm a PC player if that helps.

submitted by /u/vladmirnorres00
[link] [comments]

What is a technical document and why do the BoS want them all?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 11:30 AM PST

Been bringing this Proctor guy a shit ton of folders with blue prints and notes for a lot of caps. What is it? Why do they want it all?

submitted by /u/Raider_Overboss
[link] [comments]

[ FNV ] Can someone give me the command Code to add reputation ?

Posted: 02 Feb 2018 03:11 PM PST

For some reason i lost all my reputation with the legion because i've equiped NCR but instead of come back to Idolized , It go back to neutral, maybe because of a mod ( Faction Armor enchament) but idk.. So.. Can someone give me a command Code to set my reputation to Idolized again ?

submitted by /u/dishonoredbr
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.