Fallout - What's the deal with these creepy mannequins?


What's the deal with these creepy mannequins?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 09:18 AM PST

I just picked up this game a few days ago and I've been having a blast exploring the commonwealth. During my forays I've noticed an abundance of eerily place mannequins in the most random places.

One example would be in the Mass Medical Bay behind an expertly locked door, there's a mannequin standing above a pile of human remains and ashes. What makes it creepy is she's holding a lighter and a cigarette and she's just staring at you. Another example that I just discovered before posting this thread is in the South Boston Police Department. When you enter the second floor and turn right, there's a dead raider laying on his mattress with a male mannequin standing over him and a 10mm pistol placed in front of the mannequin. Very creepy indeed.

To top it all of I was doing a bit of reading and I discovered there is a note you can find in the far harbour dlc referring to a shipment of mannequins. It reads: "I can't wait to drop these mannequins off! The crew is starting to claim that they are hearing weird noises from the cargo, maybe they are just playing pranks on me? Whatever, we are almost there."

All in all I'm not sure what to make of this. I imagine they might be synths or perhaps even something more sinister. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out while I explore the commonwealth.

submitted by /u/MusteredCourage
[link] [comments]

“Do you know how many coffee cups brains in jars use, NOT FUCKING MANY!” Muggy is will always be my favourite.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 12:50 PM PST

I was at work today and this little guy congradulated me on a job well done.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 07:51 AM PST

Spoilers: Need help understanding lonesome road.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 06:59 AM PST

I just played it again after I forgot I beat it years ago. I still dont understand who Ulysses was and his relationship to the main character. He was legion and then became a courier? Also was the courior supposed to be from that area? How did legion troops make it that far west? In the mojave the NCR are suprised to hear they burned down nipton. The lonesome road is a lot further west than Nipton.

submitted by /u/434_804_757
[link] [comments]

(FNV) Vault 22 (Maybe spoilers, don't read if you don´t found it yet)

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 04:05 AM PST

So, I was truly amazed of this concept of vault. Growing plants, sound logical to me. Also, almost shit my pants with the green humanoids, I was mentally ready to face Mantis and eventually some mole rat, or maybe a BIG mantis, but the plants was a nice touch.

Also, the elevator repairing thing, bring me back to old fallout 1 & 2, all the nostalgia hit me hard.

What do you think about vault 22?

submitted by /u/pibedelcobre
[link] [comments]

For a nuclear wasteland everyone in the fallout universe has perfect teeth.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 12:29 AM PST

Good mods for survival mode?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 09:30 AM PST

I was thinking of getting back into fallout and wanted to play survival mode for that extra challenge. I have all the dlc which i am eager to explore and would like some mods to spice it up, i dont want anything majorly gamechanging unless its a good QOL ( like unique legendarys which im upset fo4 is missing)

submitted by /u/ZezusAFK
[link] [comments]

Different sizes of Quantum?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 11:00 AM PST

From a play through of FO3 from a few years back, I was collecting Quantum and storing them in my home base, made out of a Talon Company camp.

https://i.imgur.com/xEYMEMk.jpg

I haven't made a similar collection in other games, are there multiple sizes like this?

submitted by /u/Bandito_fantastico
[link] [comments]

I designed and 3D printed some organizer trays for the Fallout board game - better storage and easier access to all the cards and game pieces. Feel free to print these yourselves if you think they might be useful in your next board game!

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 10:14 AM PST

I made these because I love the Fallout board game, but was driven a little crazy by the fact that there are no storage receptacles for all the cards and pieces involved in setting up the game. Using these organizers, setup time for playing the game is greatly shortened, and you don't have to store every single thing in plastic baggies. Link to the 3d files is below. Enjoy! These are for the 2017 Fallout board game by Fantasy Flight Games.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2767285

submitted by /u/angrysquare
[link] [comments]

Fallout New Vegas crashes all the time when doing literally anything.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 09:16 AM PST

Shoot a lakelurk? Crash. Open Raul's inventory? Crash. Open your own inventory? Crash. Fast travel? Crash. I dont use mods or even the console for chrissakes, and fnv still crashes in less than 5 minutes. Is anybody else experiencing constant crashes? I have never dealt with anything like this with any other steam game.

Edit: Thanks for all of your suggestions! I will attempt to download mods and get my game working!

submitted by /u/schvetania
[link] [comments]

After 2 hours of trial and error i finally made a 2 way powered door.

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 05:40 AM PST

So i was sick of companions and setrlers going into my personal building in a settlement so i got tinkering and made a door which can be turned on and off on either side.

Now ive got to figure out what cables arnt needed so i can move it to my settlement.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mark%20error%20404/video/42824237

submitted by /u/markgatty
[link] [comments]

NEW VEGAS Veronica

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 02:05 PM PST

I'm trying to get a dress for veronica as my companion, because she's always talking about it. Is this a quest or something? Or can I just pick one up and give it to her?

submitted by /u/Random_Elephant
[link] [comments]

Fifth Edition Fallout (D&D RPG Hack) - massive update!

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 09:07 AM PST

Hi all!

 

Around four months ago, I shared my Fallout tabletop RPG, Fifth Edition Fallout (a systems hack of Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition)! I figured it was well past time I updated you on some of the big changes since then.

 

First things first: if Fifth Edition Fallout interests you, you can find it here.

 

The PDF has been updated with the following new content:

  • A complete visual overhaul including a bunch of fantastic fanart, used with permission.
  • Additional race/subrace options.
    • Humans have been broken down into Dwarf, Gen-3 Synth, Slag, Vault Dweller, Vault Survivor, Wastelander.
    • Super Mutant broken up into East Coast, Mariposa, and Nightkin (rather than just Super Mutant and Nightkin).
  • Updates to equipment include the.357 magnum revolver and the K9000 Cyberdog Gun.
  • A huge amount of creature statblocks including the following types of creature:
    • Ants and Ant Swarms
    • Bloatflies
    • Bloodbugs
    • Bloodworms
    • Brotherhood of Steel (Squires, Lancers, Knights/Paladins, and Scribes),
    • Cave Crickets
    • Cazadores
    • Centaurs
    • Coyotes
    • Cyberhounds
    • Dogs
    • Gatorclaws
    • Mantises
    • Mirelurks
    • Mole Rats
    • Radroaches
    • Radscorpions
    • Radstags
    • Super Mutants
    • Stingwings
    • Tunnelers
    • Yao Guai
    • Additionally, new creatures inspired by in-game mentions or appearances in official sources include the Catfish Mirelurk, Giant Mole Rat and Sand Shark.
  • A large number of creature templates for modifying existing monsters including Albino, Alpha, Cunning, Hulking, Glowing, Legendary, Lobotomite, Nuklear, Rabid, Resilient, and Swift.
  • A new rules section for disease.
  • A whole bunch of minor corrections as well as clarifications.

 

But that's not everything that's new. As well as updates to the PDF, there is also now a wiki version of the entire rules which you can find here.

 

The wiki is up to date with the PDF. In fact, it actually has everything else I've worked on since updating the PDF so is presently the most current source for Fifth Edition Fallout.

 

New content presently only appearing on the wiki includes:

  • The Courier background.
  • Updated rules for power armour.
  • Monster statblocks including:
    • Anglers
    • Fog Crawlers
    • Geckos
    • Gulpers
    • Hermit Crabs
    • Additionally, new monsters inspired by in-game mentions or appearances in official sources include the Ghoul Whales, Giant Catfish, and Rad-Dolphins.

 

This content will all be added to the PDF with the next major update, which I'm gradually working on. The update is slated to include the remaining "natural" animals of the Fallout world, as well as the lab-made Nightstalkers.

 

Also on the wiki is a section for Fall Britannia, a homebrew setting I'm developing which is my interpretation of what the United Kingdom of the Fallout universe might be like. I'm planning to use this new setting for my own games (and hopefully, streaming them), and figured I might as well make the content available in case anyone else would like to do likewise. As well as various information about the world, the section currently includes one new playable race, the Deargh Dubh, a vampiric mutant inspired by Irish myth.

 

Since my last post I've also created a one-page character sheet designed to have the appearance of a Vault-Tec brand Vault Dweller Personal Record. You can find it on the Fifth Edition Fallout hub.

 

Thanks for your time and attention! I truly hope you'll take a look at my pet project. If by any chance you end up running a game of Fifth Edition Fallout, please do tell me about it!

submitted by /u/spilledale
[link] [comments]

Fallout 4 Melee weapons?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 10:00 AM PST

I'm running through the game again and going with "The Stalker" build from FudgeMuppet. Thing is I already went sneak in my survival playthrough and really don't feel like using Throat Slicer again because if how OP it is. Any other weapons people recommend?

submitted by /u/SonOfNothing93
[link] [comments]

How well has Fallout 1 and 2 aged?

Posted: 22 Jan 2018 11:45 PM PST

Hello wastelanders,

I've been playing fallout 4 into the ground and it makes me want to go through the whole series.

Fallout Nv and Fallout 3 are a no brainer but I'm wondering how well the first two installments have aged?

I recently played through Baulders Gate 2 and had a blast, would fallout be a comparative experience?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/justfortheapp1237
[link] [comments]

How are you feeling, Preston? [FO4]

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 04:07 PM PST

I found Waldo in the Institute

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 04:05 PM PST

What faction did you side with on your first playthrough of Fallout 4?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 03:45 PM PST

Especially for those who played without being spoiled on major plot details. I had my first playthough of Fallout 4 in Nov-Dec of 2015. I joined the Minutemen, then the BOS, and Railroad. Waited until the last moment when I decided to side with the Minutemen. Didn't destroy the Railroad or BOS.

I want to ask this to see how our experiences lined up with each other. I suppose I'm trying to answer the question of "Did Bethesda have a particular order in mind for first time players?"

submitted by /u/Potatoroid
[link] [comments]

Fallout 3 Xbox One X vs PC graphics

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 03:38 PM PST

How does Xbox One X compare to PC in Fallout 3. I don't really know which to buy since i like console more but i also want better graphics, does PC still have better graphics (no mods)?

Thank You

submitted by /u/zafariboy
[link] [comments]

DOUBLE BUILD: How to Make the Disciple's Cutlass and THR0ATSLICER (Fallout 4)

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 03:34 PM PST

Am I the only one who drinks Coca Cola and thinks to myself ‘Mmmm Nuka Cola’?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 11:48 AM PST

I need recommendations please

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 03:31 PM PST

I'm looking for recommendations on Fallout YouTube series. I've watched Nuka Break and the Storyteller series, currently watching Fallout Psycho but it's not going to last long. Any other great series I should check out?

submitted by /u/Lorddorkface
[link] [comments]

How exactly would the Pip Boy work if it was real?

Posted: 23 Jan 2018 03:13 PM PST

Now surely you can't just press a button and then a Combat Rifle appears in your hands out of thin air, but seriously how would it work?

submitted by /u/_Not_JT_
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.