True Gaming So High-Rez studios in there infinite wisdom have decided to go against their communities wishes and have doubled down on Cards Unbound, seemingly enraged every player on the Paladins subreddit again....


So High-Rez studios in there infinite wisdom have decided to go against their communities wishes and have doubled down on Cards Unbound, seemingly enraged every player on the Paladins subreddit again....

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 11:16 AM PST

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/7iihi3/ob64_pts_update_5_megathread/

I honestly would like to know who is making these changes, every single person too the youtube personalities and the hardcore players are against this but they decided to go ape shit and emulate Korean MMOs and angering the playerbase even more with their decision.

So why?

who decided this?

Are we wrong in thinking this will kill the game?

What is the reasoning for this?

As a fan(former now) of Paladins I am awe struck... This came out of the blue(again). Sure the game had problems but it was playable, it was unique and very fun, they a stripping it of one of its core element that made it so unique...

The card system is an artificial grind now, what they did was extend the grind for new players and old. The levels on cards give advantages in a competitive game, you cant custimize your loud-out.

They seemingly came out with nerfs to characters which didn't need the nerfs at all and made them more irrelevant, no explanation given.

submitted by /u/somethingstoadd
[link] [comments]

Games with combat like Pillars of Eternity?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 11:15 AM PST

Ive been playing Pillars of Eternity but I find the writing style boring but I do enjoy the pause real time party based real time combat quite a bit so Im looking for a game that has the same.

My favorite genre is RPG.

EDIT: I should add, some of the similar ones Ive played are Dragon Age: Origins, Star Wars KOTOR, and Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 although that is far more hack and slash.

submitted by /u/freedomfists
[link] [comments]

Should I get the enhanced editions for Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment? Im looking for the games to remain authentic and visually true to their original feel and essence.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 12:36 PM PST

Im looking to play some old school RPGS and I want to start out with these.

submitted by /u/freedomfists
[link] [comments]

I still can’t believe that some gaming companies exploit kids.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 08:17 AM PST

Micro transactions has started a trend where kids literally spend money for small things on games specially on mobile but that trend has even started on High Quality games but no one cares and this gaming companies are exploiting children with little to no consequences that are making this addiction to small children where they don't know what they are doing.

I know parents needs to step up but most people who are new to parenting don't have a clue what there child is doing. Child playing a game is Normal thing but gaming companies have been exploiting too much that it has become a necessary thing.

And this is not going to stop because no one cares except for few gamers, parents have to really voice up but also government, this is a new problem emerging which may lead to disastrous consequences in future.

submitted by /u/piyushr21
[link] [comments]

I have never played super mario. Which game should I play first?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 01:33 PM PST

I was born in the late nineties and my first console was the play station 1.. I played a ton of crash, spyro and the usual games it had..

Then I bought play station 2 and after that I got the Wii which was really fun:D After that I ditched consoles and got myself a pc which I still have today and I just watched this video and fell in love with this game.

Since I don't have the money unfortunately to get the switch where should I start? I still have the Wii and it's working good. I could download some emulators as well so I can play some classics.

Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/dEAN_99
[link] [comments]

Something that confuses me, why do expansions for games get labelled as DLC?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 01:31 PM PST

What I mean is DLC is sometimes used as a bad term, kind of like an insult. Destiny 2's Curse of Osiris is an expansion, but people seem to call it DLC? RIFT and WoW both have expansions, aren't they DLC

I mean everything is technically DLC...even though I'm pretty sure multiplayer games install everything on there, and you;re just basically buying the ability to access it but hey!

It's too general of a term isn't it?

submitted by /u/HikuMatsune
[link] [comments]

Best PC RPGs of the last 15 years? Any RPG whether western or Japanese.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 11:30 AM PST

My list goes:

  1. Star Wars KOTOR
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. The Witcher 1
  4. The Witcher 2 Assasins of Kings
  5. Skyrim

The year would be 2002 onwards.

submitted by /u/freedomfists
[link] [comments]

Co-pilot mode on PC?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 09:30 PM PST

Are there any programs out there that would allow me to use two controllers as the "same" controller for single player games (similar to copilot mode on the xbox one)?

submitted by /u/Nosteme
[link] [comments]

How do you extract text from a game´s files?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 07:42 AM PST

So, here´s the deal: I´m learning german, and I heard that Tides of Numenera had been translated, its 1.2 million words and everything.

Thing is, I don´t have the time to actually play the game as I´m preparing to leave germany before the end of the year, but I would still really love to be able to extract some interesting vocabulary, something the game is quite fond of apparently.

Now, this is how far I´ve made it:

F:\Torment - Tides of Numenera\WIN\TidesOfNumenera_Data\StreamingAssets\data\localized\de\text\conversations\00_kholn_village

As I open the file, only this shows up:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <StringTableFile xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <Name>conversations\00_kholn_village\b9111_confront_kholn</Name> <NextEntryID>1</NextEntryID> <EntryCount>102</EntryCount> <Entries> <Entry> <ID>1</ID> <DefaultText /> <FemaleText /> </Entry> <Entry> <ID>2</ID> <DefaultText /> <FemaleText /> </Entry> <Entry> <ID>3</ID> <DefaultText />

What am I doing wrong? Really, just trying to read here.

Thx guys

submitted by /u/ryickhard
[link] [comments]

I'm questioning the very fabric of why I even bother gaming anymore.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 11:33 AM PST

Prepare yourselves for a League rant post ahead, but I promise you it's not a typical rant without any logic behind it. So I boot up for my first game of League today, hot chocolate in hand. I feel great. I get in game, sure enough I do phenomenal. I'm not a godly player, I'm around Plat 3, but I do well enough with what I'm given. Well today I began to wonder if Riot is targeting me, punishing me for something I did, or if fate is aligned against me. I can't win a single game, I can never have something go well. Nothing can ever go smoothly.

I played Warwick in this game. I have about a 75% w/r with him, win lots. This game, by 10 minutes I'm 5/0 and the ONLY one shotcalling around the map. I secure every dragon in the game but one, secure baron, get towers and kills. The rest of my team, you ask? Let me tell you about them. All of them were apparently at this elo. But EACH and EVERY one of them was the absolute pinnacle of shit can player. Like, to the point where I had to double check their elo wasn't glitched and meant Bronze 5. Now again, this isn't a typical rant, because these guys are supposed to be good. How is it that I'M the one cursed with these SHITTY FUCKING TEAMS?

Each teammate was about 10 deaths by the time we hit 25 minutes. I was 16/1/12, pretty much 100% kill participation, every dragon, every shotcall. The only one with half a brain was our Thresh, but even he went 0/12 and was mostly useless. Our Varus kept getting hooked by Blitz, our gp fed his ass off to a tank fiora (nice meta Riot, well played. One damage item Fiora decimates entire teams with no counterplay, not even Mortal Reminder did shit), and finally our mid lane was a first time, horrible Zoe using ult thinking it was an escape and dying multiple times. I had no recourse but to leave the game as the enemy closed in. I reported each and every teammate with a lengthy essay about their griefing, feeding and giving up. I also reported the enemies for harassment and bullying.

I cannot sit by and watch as a game purposefully pits me against clearly coordinated, superior teams while my team doesn't reply in chat, ignore pings, and feed and refuse to group. Even at the end I got a triple at baron and my team still managed to all die under tower to a single Jax. And thus, the game ended and I had wasted an hour of my life. I AM DONE WITH THIS GAME. RIOT'S ELO SYSTEM LIES. I WILL NOT PLAY A GAME WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO HAVE PLAT TEAMMATES AND YET THEY PLAY LIKE BRONZE. I AM DONE. FUCK YOU RIOT.

submitted by /u/SoulofEmber
[link] [comments]

I never really understood this. Despite that the gaming community knows how tedious it is that Call of Duty games often involve repeated elements with little changes, professional reviewers still give them high ratings. Why is it this the case?

Posted: 08 Dec 2017 05:24 PM PST

I could never really understand this because despite we do know that the Call of Duty mostly involves plenty of re-used elements and content in every release of the franchise and yet, professional reviewers like IGN and Gamespot keep giving every release high ratings but when a game from a different franchise (like for example Arkham Origins which was criticised to be very similar to that of Arkham City, even Totalbiscuit pointed it out in the Arkham Origins review), they give them lower ratings.

Why is this the case? What is the mentality behind this?

submitted by /u/sammyjamez
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.