RimWorld The First Day of Rimmas (Rimworld Comics' Holiday Special)


The First Day of Rimmas (Rimworld Comics' Holiday Special)

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 07:15 AM PST

[Comic] Those damn pyromaniacs

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 06:36 PM PST

Thirite's Children and Pregnancy mod has just been updated!

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 10:34 PM PST

A spacecraft chunk almost crushed my colonist. I captured the moment with a screenshot, she captured it with a sculpture.

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 11:32 AM PST

[News] Rimworld "grass growth" algorithm it's going to be different in the next release, surely fixing the "grass spawns from the map edges" way of growth.

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 11:44 AM PST

Welcome to the Mellow Megascarab bug farm. No incidents since 5501!

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 07:33 AM PST

Deep inside my mountain base I found an infested ancient shrine. Killed all bugs and spacers, took the loot and converted the place into a bug farm:

https://yadi.sk/i/NACmKIcc3Qakuh

It has to be micromanaged though. Roughly every 40 hours I draft the pest control team, unforbid the doors and set them to hold open. Bugs get aggroed, run into the killing chamber and start attacking the plasteel gun turrets, while my colonists practice shooting at them. Since they never attack pawns the whole setup is pretty safe: as the title says, there's been no injuries for 2.5 ingame years. After the bugs are gone everyone goes inside to repair broken walls, take the jelly and destroy one of the two hives.

  • I only have it at small scale, alternating between 1 and 2 hives.
  • It is not a jelly farm by any means: it is a bug meat and shooting exp farm. It still provides enough insect meat/kibble for my 20-30 huskies, and sometimes even the colonist get lavish insect meals for +7 mood boost.
  • The farm requires a dedicated team of farmers that don't go outside fighting all other threats. When it's about harvest time the pest control team needs to be up and healthy. However they gain shooting exp pretty quickly and can be rotated to other jobs.
  • Note the unpowered furnace next to the right wall: if things go terribly wrong it will be used to incinerate everything inside. Wooden walls serve the same purpose.
submitted by /u/Iamgmm
[link] [comments]

Do pawns that took luci in life still have the need after being resurrected?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 07:47 PM PST

Is Low Tech Rimworld a thing?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 08:07 AM PST

I want to do a tribal run, but the other factions will have guns and bombs, not to mention mechanoids. Is there such a thing as a low tech scenario? I couldn't find a way using the vanilla scenario tools...

submitted by /u/Scotch-bonnet
[link] [comments]

Why bury the dead?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 03:34 PM PST

Wall in a dumping zone that you only allow human corpses... Add a door and remove the roof - Voila! No more debuff every time a pawn walks by (unless of course they catch a whiff when the wind blows and the summer sun beats down of course :P)

And for my next trick - Why aren't more people keeping prisoners in freezers?... If they won't join you, at least they won't rot!

submitted by /u/Snuffy1717
[link] [comments]

My last colony seconds before Gimli succumbed to his injuries at the hand of mechanoids [Colony Showcase]

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 01:23 PM PST

Can different breeds of dog... breed?

Posted: 14 Dec 2017 12:32 AM PST

Husky, lab or yorkie, can they have young together?

submitted by /u/All-Shall-Kneel
[link] [comments]

Moving On?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 11:13 AM PST

I recently got Rimworld and have been playing non stop. It's so addicting. I've learned the basics of surviving and have a pretty good set up going. Although I am starting to run my area dry of resources. I want to explore and set up base in a new location. How do I go about doing this? Caravans? Do I have to start from scratch in a new location?

submitted by /u/Rogue_TitanVI
[link] [comments]

TIL tornadoes can form anywhere, even in the middle of your kitchen.

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 11:56 PM PST

I thought I was lucky after capturing 4 prisoners. I started asking their faction for money and their response is to send me another army.

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 11:26 PM PST

Can my laptop run rimworld effiently?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 02:28 PM PST

I have a Lenovo laptop. It has a Intel i5 7th gen core, 4 GB RAM, and a Intel HD graphic 620 card. I'm not very good with computer and i want to be sure if i get rimworld i will be able to play it.

submitted by /u/STLcardinals-1
[link] [comments]

Fibrous mechanites and organ failures

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 08:57 AM PST

I thought that mechanites diseases weren't fatal, wiki and all other places suggest they go away after a while on their own, but a pawn developed intestinal failure and now has the stomach destroyed. is this something supposed to happen and the wiki needs updating and how one goes to prevent it? pawns had all the med they needed and never went a day without medication.

submitted by /u/LoSboccacc
[link] [comments]

Why is this journey 4 days? It took 1.2 to get there.

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 02:20 PM PST

This journey took 1.2 days. The return trip is suddenly 4.2 days o.o

https://i.imgur.com/reihDzp.png

It's 14th of Septober, it's not freaking winter yet...

submitted by /u/JaB675
[link] [comments]

I tried to arrange a marriage in my colony (no luck)

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 05:16 PM PST

My colony had 3 women and 2 men, 1 woman was single and everyone else was married. She was my mechanic/researcher and didn't spend a lot of time talking to people, but she wasn't terrible (5 skill). When I captured a male prisoner, I made her warden so that she would talk to him and hopefully once he was switched back to my good warden then they would like each other.

First try, she recruited him. Only +6 opinion, 1 in 20 chance or so. Plan completely ruined. I don't know whether to be happy or sad...

EDIT: Well, it sort of worked. There's a social bonus for "recruited me" so it may end up working in the end, but not how I expected.

submitted by /u/battlemage64
[link] [comments]

Chemfuel explosion radius

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 11:53 AM PST

Per the wiki... "If chemfuel catches fire, it will spark briefly before exploding into flames. The higher the quantity of chemfuel in the stack, the larger the explosion."

Did anyone break that down? Like a stack of 10 = ____ tile explosive radius. I'm curious about it's use in kill boxes.

Also the efficiency vs IED trap and incendiary trap.

submitted by /u/akhorahil187
[link] [comments]

Manhunter Packs (and Infestations) Rebalanced

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 12:55 PM PST

What are the advantages to the different werewolf forms in Jecrell's Rim of Madness - Werewolves?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 07:43 PM PST

I have a wolfman with a few forms. One is clearly at home slashing at groups of people and another is clearly best for running down fools and rapidly cutting them down. But I also have a form that doesnt seem to have any use at all. (tho now that I think about it,it might be able to still use human weapons I'll have to test next time I play.)

Information about the details of this mod are hard to find, So I turn to reddit for the players experience.

submitted by /u/XelNigma
[link] [comments]

Does Peace mean Peace?

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 03:54 PM PST

So far in the new update, every time I'm offered peace talks by a faction, they end up attacking me sometime before the timer runs out, once even when I was on the road to the peace talks lol. It really breaks my immersion, but I think it would break the gameplay to get 15(?) days of free peace. Maybe other factions could attack you like pirates instead of the peace talk faction.

submitted by /u/genluck
[link] [comments]

colonist keeps dying from infection???

Posted: 13 Dec 2017 10:40 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.