Hearthstone - Trinity Series - Season 2 Finals!


Trinity Series - Season 2 Finals!

Posted: 06 Dec 2017 10:41 PM PST

 

It's time to crown the champion of Trinity Series Season 2! The timing here is crazy: the top 4 teams from the regular season will have just 20 hours after the new expansion launches to create 9 decks and play their first Trinity match! The teams will battle over 3 days (this Friday, Saturday and Sunday) to determine who will take home the $150,000 prize pool.

 

The 4 teams will play in a double elimination bracket: win 3 total matches, and you are the champion. Each match is a Best of 11 "Last Hero Standing" format, in which teams submit 9 unique decklists and ban 2 of the opposing team's decks. Additionally, teams can discuss strategy during the entire match, with viewers listening in to the discussion!

 

Given the expansion timing, teams are allowed to submit new decklists every day. This means that the best teams will adapt their strategy day-to-day as new decks and strategies from the expansion come to light.

 

Team Rosters

Liquid
Dog Sjow Feno

Love U Lots
Chakki Muzzy Zalae

Virtus Pro
Casie Naiman Bunnyhoppor

CompLexity
Tyler Crane333 MrYagut

 

Live Finals Viewing Guide

Format: 4-Team Double Elimination Bracket

Live Finals Date: December 8th - 10th

Start Time: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday @ 10 AM PST (19:00 CET)

 

Prize in USD

1st Place: $75,000
2nd Place: $30,000
3rd-4th Place: $15,000
5th-6th Place: $4,500
7th-8th Place: $3,000

Streams English: www.twitch.tv/esl_hearthstone

 

Casters:
Nathan "ThatsAdmirable" Zamora
Dan "Frodan" Chou
TJ Sanders

 

Links and resources: Trinity Series Website: https://play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/americas/major/trinity-season2

 

Match Schedule:

Dec 8th - 10AM PST, 19:00 CET
Match 1: Virtus.pro vs CompLexity Gaming
Match 2: Team Liquid vs Team LUL

Dec 9th - 10AM PST, 19:00 CET
Upper Bracket Finals 1: TBD
Lower Bracket Semifinals: TBD

Dec 10th - 10AM PST, 19:00 CET
Lower Bracket Finals: TBD
Grand Finals: TBD

See full season schedule at: https://play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/americas/major/trinity-season2

submitted by /u/Gloudas
[link] [comments]

No Illidan, I was totally prepared

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 04:21 AM PST

[Spoiler] Rare Dungeon boss I haven't seen elsewhere yet

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 05:32 AM PST

Unexpected Hearthstone

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 05:21 AM PST

When will the lies end, Blizzard?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 10:01 PM PST

Janina here (from the live action Kobolds & Catacombs project)! Here’s a closer look at my paladin armor, made by Thingergy!

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 02:41 AM PST

You keep using that word... I don't think you know what it means...

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 02:21 AM PST

Imagine if there was a glitch that gave you unlimited daily quests. It would be patched within an hour

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 03:37 PM PST

And now a lot of us aren't getting our dailies, I wonder how long it'll take to fix :(

submitted by /u/RossTheMoss
[link] [comments]

The one time you try to meme

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 04:04 AM PST

I can see why Blizzard doesn't promote Wild.

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 04:07 AM PST

I've been playing since beta, but lately I've became more of a casual player. I have one Wild deck that I play a couple times a day.

I don't give a crap about packs. I only needed 2 new cards from the new expansion. I have 100+ Legendaries and no longer feel the compulsive need to see that orange glow. I finally learned to love Hearthstone for gameplay and not for the Heroin Simulator that it is for many people.

I am worthless for Blizzard. I understand why they would prefer me playing Standard.

submitted by /u/Vizzun
[link] [comments]

I just found my favorite interaction in Hearthstone

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 10:37 PM PST

[[Cave Hydra]] kills itself. If you attack into [[Sudden Betrayal]] with Cave Hydra, it attacks an adjacent minion, and since it's adjacent to the minion it's attacking, it's ability damages itself.

https://imgur.com/a/KB6B0

Just imagine one head betraying the others and the hydra turning itself into a twisted mess of biting and heads. Such a weird and fun interaction

submitted by /u/ComboPriest
[link] [comments]

How the Zombeasts could look if they were reworked to work with all future beasts

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 04:16 PM PST

I posted this in the megathread and someone said I should make it as its own post so:

I made mock-ups of how the Zombeasts could look in future if Blizzard decided to change the formatting so it isn't as difficult to display the text across languages, such that they could add future beasts to the pool effortlessly. I see no reason why they couldn't do this, as they do it with the Death Knights, where when you hover over them it displays their Hero Power beside them.

There are two slightly different styles, one where the two combined beasts are side-by-side, and one where they are one on top of each other: https://imgur.com/a/nhHyx

Edit: Many people are suggesting that the pop-ups next to the Zombeast are too small. Should they be enlarged to be the same size as the Zombeast card?

submitted by /u/TheSulphite
[link] [comments]

So I found the counter to The Darkness

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 07:22 PM PST

Kripp faces King Togwaggle

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 07:37 PM PST

i literally got 4 of these and 4 evasion out of the 20 epics i got out of 90 packs... I only got one out of the 5 epics i wanted... Please make epics like legendaries (can't get duplicates of them).

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 07:52 AM PST

OTK Druid 4 malygos one turn

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 03:05 AM PST

So I got infinite Unstable Evelutions

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 06:19 AM PST

TIL Druid of the claw isn't a minion

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 07:07 PM PST

Guess Blizzard feels the same way I do about this arena deck...

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 08:42 PM PST

I pre-ordered and saved 11,000 gold for a total of 160 packs. It feels really bad that I'm still missing tons of epics and legendaries.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 12:20 PM PST

Sorry but I need a place to vent. My goal isn't to create a cost discussion thread, I'm pretty upset about my experience this release and want to feel heard.

As a bit of background, I'm not a "pro" by any means but I like to tryhard and be the best player I can be. I usually hover around top 400-500 Legend.

People usually consider the most fun part of the expansion release deck-building and trying to exploit the meta. Unfortunately, I'm not on the same footing as the whales that have opened hundreds of packs. I have to sit here and watch my friends and streamers play all this cool stuff, while I hobble together something weird out of what I opened. It feels really bad to get all hyped about a new set only to realize that basically I can't experience it at all until a few weeks or month in.

This is basically what I have to do every set. Instead of innovating and trying to pioneer different decks to exploit the meta, I just have to netdeck something "safe" when things have stabilized a bit and grind that as much possible for wins. I dusted all dupes and goldens, even golden epics that I have none of (opened zero golden legendaries). I gained a total of about 6k dust which isn't nearly enough to begin crafting all the epics and legendaries I'm missing.

You might say I should just start dusting bad cards. Well honestly, Galvadon looks like a crappy card but who knows if Blizzard will activate it later with strong Paladin buffs? I'll just feel bad and people will call me stupid for dusting recklessly. I also can't begin crafting because if my experiments don't work out, I have no dust left when the actual strong decks emerge.

Another thing is that even though I've been playing since Naxx, I have taken small breaks from the game like many people so I don't have all the competitive cards from every single set. Back then adventures were easy to catch up on, I just bought the whole set with cash. With MSoG I had a lot of IRL stuff going on so I didn't really participate -- lots of epics missing there. I'm missing a bunch of Old Gods stuff too. That means that whenever a strong deck uses those cards, I have to craft epics or legendaries from there in addition to the new set.

So basically I can't craft because I'll feel dumb if I'm wrong about what's good. Once the meta stabilizes, I'll have just enough dust to craft a good number of the top tier decks but not really experiment with variants that I think would exploit the meta.

I don't expect Blizzard to make massive changes although my hunch is that next year they will do something small to address the price issue. I'm patient and believe Blizzard will eventually do something about it but still feel really frustrated, so if you read this far thank you!

submitted by /u/dwpunch
[link] [comments]

Harrison pulled Scroll of Wonders, which activated Psychic Scream, and shuffled him into my opponent's deck, leaving his weapon up but drawing me cards.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 11:58 AM PST

Val'anyr + double deathrattle = infinite stats

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 03:02 AM PST

My strategy over the next 17 turns was clear: summon larger and even larger green men.

Posted: 09 Dec 2017 05:36 PM PST

Completed Dungeon Run as the Firelord. Wish gave me Majordomo who was almost immediately twisting nethered.

Posted: 10 Dec 2017 05:52 AM PST

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.